Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Smack Tripper

You Got a No-No Goin

First no hitter for Stros in 12 years.

132 pitches, 10 ks, 3 walks. In my home league lineup but so was that ####bird Gio.

And the person chasing me..... is rationing innings, because on pace to be over the limit, and benched him

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Oswalt?

Oswalt?
Think dead

kile?
Astros threw a 6-pitcher no-hitter in 2003 @ Yankees. It was Roy Oswalt, Kirk Saarloos, Pete Munro, Brad Lidge, Octavio Dotel and Billy Wagner.

Darryl Kile was the last solo pitcher to throw a no-hitter for the Astros. 1994 I think.

Kluber cruising.

:unsure:

Hey, it worked!

Arrieta was absolutely filthy. He seems like a class act.

Oh Baltimore...

But...but...but...Miguel Gonzalez! And David Lough! And Chris Davis in right field!

ETA: Oh, and did I mention Travis Snider? And who could forget Delmon Young??

Should we keep Markakis or Cruz? Nah, let 'em both walk! We've got Delmon to waddle around right field doing his best Danny-DeVito-as-the-Penguin impression!

But I'm not bitter.

Edited by ClownCausedChaos2

That was my first no-hitter, but I only caught the last two innings so that may not count.

Dodgers rookie Ross Stripling with a no hitter through 6 IP of his MLB debut in SF.

Stripling lifted after giving up a walk after 7 1/3 IP and 100 pitches

Don Mattingly's ghost lives on in the LA dugout when making pitching changes at the wrong time 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eephus said:

Stripling lifted after giving up a walk after 7 1/3 IP and 100 pitches

Gal I work with is cousins with Ross and drove up to see the game last night with her family. Stripling's parents came out from Texas to watch him pitch his in his debut. Bummer they pulled him early.

1 hour ago, dickey moe said:

Gal I work with is cousins with Ross and drove up to see the game last night with her family. Stripling's parents came out from Texas to watch him pitch his in his debut. Bummer they pulled him early.

It's a really tough spot for a manager.  Kid looked really good and it's a critical game against SF.  The announcers mentioned 100 pitches was the max sometime around the 5th inning and he hadn't pitched close to that in two years since his Tommy John surgery.  As great as a no hitter looks, it was only game 5 of a 161 season and his arm needs to be preserved.  I think pulling him is the right move every time.

Edited by tjnc09

Skipper Charlie Comiskey let Bumpus Jones finish what he started.  Neither was ever spotted wearing a dress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eephus said:

Skipper Charlie Comiskey let Bumpus Jones finish what he started.  Neither was ever spotted wearing a dress.

Well-put.  Deacon Phillippe threw five complete games in one world series for god's sake.

we are a #### hair away from this: http://ttwentythree.blogspot.com/2015/11/japanese-professional-baseball-players.html?m=1

• Like 1