What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You Got a No-No Goin (1 Viewer)

Jordan Lyles has a career rWAR of -3.4 over 8 MLB seasons.

He would have been the worst pitcher to ever throw a perfect game topping Dallas Braden and Phil Humber who both were above zero in career WAR.

Jordan Lyles has a career rWAR of -3.4 over 8 MLB seasons.

He would have been the worst pitcher to ever throw a perfect game topping Dallas Braden and Phil Humber who both were above zero in career WAR.
Hair alone would have allowed Braden to still be the worst 

Wacha with a no-no through 7 against the Pirates right now. But I doubt they keep him in as he's already at 94 pitches and he has a pretty strict pitch count.

1st career start for Poncedeleon and has a no-hitter into the 7th in Cards/Reds game.

Last edited by a moderator:
No hitter after 7 innings but taken out after 116 pitches. Incredible debut.

For those who don't know, he had emergency brain surgery after getting hit with a line drive one year ago. Long ICU stay and 6 months rehab.

Great story.

gianmarco said:
No hitter after 7 innings but taken out after 116 pitches. Incredible debut.

For those who don't know, he had emergency brain surgery after getting hit with a line drive one year ago. Long ICU stay and 6 months rehab.

Great story.
And then he got hit with the Cardinals bullpen. 

Jordan Zimmerman perfect through six. 

Not trying to jinx it but I didn’t think he’d have six perfect innings all year. :mellow:  
I think Stroman got into the sixth with a no hitter in the same game? He had walked a few. That game was flying. I'm not sorry I skipped the home opener for the first time in five or so years this year. 

Hess had a no-no through 6.1 yesterday vs Jays.  After first out in 7th manager takes him out. He only threw 82 pitches.  Kind of a shame. The Jays looked lost against him pretty much everyone.

Mike Fiers through 8 against the Reds. 118 pitches.

Game started more than an hour late due to problems with the lights in Oakland. Fans who decided not to wait out the delay may have regrets.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did it! The 300th no-hitter ever. 2nd for Fiers.

Also a new low for the already disappointing Reds offense.
The Reds just put up 35 runs in four games vs. the Giants.

It must have been a weird night in Oakland.  The game was delayed by problems with the Coliseum's lights.  I checked the score at 9:30 and they was still in the 3rd inning.

Spartans Rule said:
He did it! The 300th no-hitter ever. 2nd for Fiers.

Also a new low for the already disappointing Reds offense.
Is he the strangest multiple no-hit pitcher out there?  I would never have expected him to have one.....let alone two no hitters.

I watched the end of the game last night. Fiers is a super nice guy who throws a 59 mph curve ball, so he’s easy to root for. :thumbup:  

Here's the list of multiple no hit pitchers.

Fiers has 8.1 career rWAR.  I spot-checked some of the other less heralded modern pitchers on the list.  Homer Bailey and Bill Stoneman are both at 4.1 WAR.

Tim Lincecum's Baseball-Reference page shows him wearing a Rangers hat :thumbdown:
Homer Bailey and Hideo Nomo (5 years apart) were surprises on that list.   Randy Johnson with 14 years between his two (one was a perfect game) is quite impressive too.  And how can you forget Pud Galvin in the '80's.................1880's

Users who are viewing this thread