Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Hook

SSL2 discussion thread

189 posts in this topic

Let's keep the draft thread clean - get more picks per page and keep it easier for those accessing by phone

Clearly the first topic is who would everyone take with the #1 pick (answer when you can if you have an opinion.....that obviously means AFTER your choice HAS been picked)

CJ's a worthy selection, I just don't see much separation between the top 4-5.

Love Foster's production & not scared of Tate taking to many reps.

Yeah I think this is pretty interesting - any of three or four guys could end up #1 in total points.

Personally I think the choice would be between AP and Foster.....but if the knock on CJ is new quarterback (or Collins) then why isn't that the same for Peterson? I would choose Foster on the projection that the Texans offense keeps rolling - that the defense doesn't keep them ahead to sit on the ball.

Very happy with McCoy here.

liked getting bumped up a spot....the way things have been going in some of the other leagues.....10 through about 14 or so is like a no mans land a little....don't get me wrong you are still getting a quality player but it might be a QB which seems a little early or a RB that you aren't that high on.....when I was at 10 I really thought the first 7 that were taken would be gone plus possibly the two Johnson WR's....which is exactly where I did not want to be sitting there having to decide bewteen Vick or some other QB's and a guy like Mendy who I am not real high on for no particular reason.....so I was really happy to see 8 rb's go and have my pick between the WR Johnsons.....not sure how it would have shook out had Old Mil been in the mix, but it looks like I may have still had a shot at one of the Johnson WR anyway....but had one of those RB's not fallen to one of those guys, WR might have come into play for somebody, which may have had a trickle down affect changing the first 8 picks a little because of personal preference..I think instead of RB I'm not real sure about I got a top WR...so it works...

IMO only...I like the top 5 backs taken, but after that I might lean somewhere else

Pretty happy that Roddy White slid all the way to fourteen for me....gives me good options for the turn as well.....looking for Gates or Witten or Gore, so I am pretty happy with Witten being left from that group - but obviously one of them was highly likely to be there for me.

1.16 Aaron Rogers

2.01 Antonio Gates

with these 2, got to think i got the top 2 at those positions....at the 16th pick....i be happy :clap:

Calvin Johnson at 1.12 seemed like a no-brainer to me, given the format.

Turner? I know it's PPR, so might be regarded as early, but two things stick out to me: first, with the additions they've made to the offense, I think the sheer volume of yardage and touchdowns he should account for given that he shouldn't be keyed on as much by opposing D's will negate some of that...and nothing like him will be available when it gets back to me at 3.12. Pleased with landing RB and WR Anchors with 1st 2 picks as foundation.

Look at the first pair of players from teams 12-16......some pretty impressive starts there especially considering our place in the draft.....back end of the draft a no brainer this year for redrafts, especially with 3RR

1.16 Aaron Rogers2.01 Antonio Gateswith these 2, got to think i got the top 2 at those positions....at the 16th pick....i be happy :clap:

Like I said before, this maybe the best 16 turn, ever

1.16 Aaron Rogers2.01 Antonio Gateswith these 2, got to think i got the top 2 at those positions....at the 16th pick....i be happy :clap:

I had both Vick and Finley rated higher.

Like I said before, this maybe the best 16 turn, ever
as with most....its only as good as what he is able to follow it up with....and hoping those guys cover the spread he'll lose elsewhere.....

:rolleyes: please your rolling with the sam thing you did in pdsl. not very risk adverse. Finley is not better than Gates nor will he out perform him on this field this season either.Vick is intereting but risky( we have covered this) Ill friendly wager that rodgers out scores vick next season (2013 probably)

Pretty happy with the McCoy, Mathews, Jennings start. Kind of a high risk/reward approach at RB, but both could be top 5. Jennings is a solid stud with over 65/1100 the past 3; he won't score with the elite but you won't find a more solid WR. Helps mitigate the risk at RB. This is a different approach than I've taken in PDSL or WDSL, we'll see if it works.

:rolleyes: please your rolling with the sam thing you did in pdsl. not very risk adverse. Finley is not better than Gates nor will he out perform him on this field this season either.Vick is intereting but risky( we have covered this) Ill friendly wager that rodgers out scores vick next season (2013 probably)
:rolleyes:We just have to agree to disagree.I'd love to draft a different team but got stuck in the same selection area with the same rankings.

:rolleyes:We just have to agree to disagree.I'd love to draft a different team but got stuck in the same selection area with the same rankings.
same here. Exact same spot as PDSL. I'm forcing myself to draft a little differently though.Pretty happy with the Rice, Rivers, Welker start. I don't know if Welker over Wallace was the right move, but If he is most of the way back, he will be a much more consistent scorer than Wallace imo.

got a feeling that the downtown turn is gonna be a slow one for this draft..... :penalty:

I'm happy with my last Turn. I resisted temptation and passed on QB at 2.05, and again at 3.12, and still wound up with a QB (Big Ben) at QB10 who has upside potential to finish within the Top 8, at 4.05.

I don't see anything I regret missing out on between 3.12 and 4.05, which is nice.

I was surprised to have a choice between Maclin and Colston at 3.12. There's a considerable amount of variability involved with both the Eagles and Saints Offenses, in terms of WHERE the stats are going to go, but they are both statistical gold mines, and I think there's more certainty predicting Maclin's projected totals than Colston's. I've grown to respect Maclin as a complete receiver, and I personally see more of a #1 in him than in DSJ, although perhaps they are more akin to Darrell Jackson/Koren Robinson, where neither is a true #1, but they just happen to work well together and the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts...

Bonus: No Bye Week issues through 4 Rounds. Whoo-hoo!!!

Schaub

Nicks

SJax, Moreno

meh...

gonna be some interesting picks coming up betwen now and the 4/5 turn....

Then expect the same result...BOUNCED!I like Vick and Finley and both are ranked high, but higher than Arod and Gates? :lmao:ARod > Vick Gates > FinleyNothing to agree to disagree about, this is not even a debate.To get into detail about why ARod is better than Vick and Gates is better than Finley seems pointless, so I'll refrain, lol.

hating taking a QB in the 4th but had to assume this draft will hold true to form with some guys jumping on QB2's in the 5th.....

Then expect the same result...BOUNCED!I like Vick and Finley and both are ranked high, but higher than Arod and Gates? :lmao:ARod > Vick Gates > FinleyNothing to agree to disagree about, this is not even a debate.To get into detail about why ARod is better than Vick and Gates is better than Finley seems pointless, so I'll refrain, lol.
Good call on refraining from showing your lack of acumen.

A lot of people seemed to be worried about getting shut out of a viable QB...had BSS go QB15/QB16 at the 4/5 turn. I was giddy to see Brandon Lloyd there at WR22, and think D. Thomas has as good a shot as any rookie at significant numbers this year (5.02).

A lot of people seemed to be worried about getting shut out of a viable QB...had BSS go QB15/QB16 at the 4/5 turn. I was giddy to see Brandon Lloyd there at WR22, and think D. Thomas has as good a shot as any rookie at significant numbers this year (5.02).

I think the QB worries are overrated (further comment later)tell us why you are so giddy about Lloyd (and you aren't alone Woody I think he was overdrafted in SSL1 too) when in all likelihood he won't have Orton throwing to him?Agree on Thomas assuming the Dolphins don't resign Brown and Ricky

I think the QB worries are overrated (further comment later)tell us why you are so giddy about Lloyd (and you aren't alone Woody I think he was overdrafted in SSL1 too) when in all likelihood he won't have Orton throwing to him?Agree on Thomas assuming the Dolphins don't resign Brown and Ricky
Couple of thoughts:1) Lloyd was the #1 receiver in fantasy last year, so this isn't like he eeked out a respectable WR15 middling type of season and now we should think there's a good chance he was a one year wonder. Drafting him at WR22 assumes a LOT of regression2) While I'm not a Tebow fan (at all), I took solace in that for two reasons. A) In Tebow's Week 14-16 stint, Lloyd had 14-263-2...which is right in line with his full season numbers. That would've projected to 75-1397-11 -- nearly identical to what Lloyd produced with Orton under center. B) I don't think the Broncos will enter the season without a decent veteran backup, and if Tebow sucks that backup will come in and help:shrug:

Pretty happy with the McCoy, Mathews, Jennings start. Kind of a high risk/reward approach at RB, but both could be top 5. Jennings is a solid stud with over 65/1100 the past 3; he won't score with the elite but you won't find a more solid WR. Helps mitigate the risk at RB. This is a different approach than I've taken in PDSL or WDSL, we'll see if it works.

Pretty happy to nab Freeman in the 4th as QB12. I should probably check our scoring system, but in many leagues he was top 10 last year. I won't expect him to continue to improve as much as he did between his rookie and 2nd season, but there's no reason to expect a regression. His receivers and RB are young, and the guy is uber-talented. FreemanMcCoy, MathewsJenningsIf this were dynasty, I'd be dancing. In redraft it still should do well. (so far)

Pretty happy to nab Freeman in the 4th as QB12. I should probably check our scoring system, but in many leagues he was top 10 last year. I won't expect him to continue to improve as much as he did between his rookie and 2nd season, but there's no reason to expect a regression. His receivers and RB are young, and the guy is uber-talented. FreemanMcCoy, MathewsJenningsIf this were dynasty, I'd be dancing. In redraft it still should do well. (so far)
considered Freeman over Bradford with my pick.....went with Bradford hoping McDaniels ruins the running game there like he did and Denver and Bradford chucks it 50 times a game.....

Blistering pace we're on.

Your draft is at warp speed compared to SSL4. :X

I dont really get the complaing, this is a draft in May for a season in limbo. Not every draft will run as smooth as a hand picked one by me :excited:

I think the QB worries are overrated (further comment later)

tell us why you are so giddy about Lloyd (and you aren't alone Woody I think he was overdrafted in SSL1 too) when in all likelihood he won't have Orton throwing to him?

Agree on Thomas assuming the Dolphins don't resign Brown and Ricky

Couple of thoughts:

1) Lloyd was the #1 receiver in fantasy last year, so this isn't like he eeked out a respectable WR15 middling type of season and now we should think there's a good chance he was a one year wonder. Drafting him at WR22 assumes a LOT of regression

2) While I'm not a Tebow fan (at all), I took solace in that for two reasons. A) In Tebow's Week 14-16 stint, Lloyd had 14-263-2...which is right in line with his full season numbers. That would've projected to 75-1397-11 -- nearly identical to what Lloyd produced with Orton under center. B) I don't think the Broncos will enter the season without a decent veteran backup, and if Tebow sucks that backup will come in and help

:shrug:

John Fox has a history of having a good vetern backup QB on the roster.

I dont really get the complaing, this is a draft in May for a season in limbo. Not every draft will run as smooth as a hand picked one by me :excited:
I know. I just liked it better when I was the slow link. :kicksrock:

Brees

McFadden

Steve Johnson, Kenny Britt

Vernon Davis

I like it so far. Really seems like a year you can go QB and TE relatively early and still make out okay at the skill positins. We shall see..

BreesMcFaddenSteve Johnson, Kenny BrittVernon DavisI like it so far. Really seems like a year you can go QB and TE relatively early and still make out okay at the skill positins. We shall see..

TL, not worried about Britt's pending legal woes? I could see him being suspended for a chunk of the season and/or playing his way off the team if he screws up again.

Missed it by THAT much...

Got a little too cute for my own good at the 5/6 turn, thinking Zach Miller, TE Raiders could slip through to 6.05...Cooley was my fallback, though - from a bye-week standpoint, he fits the bill, and the statistical output ought to be close. I trust Kyle Shanahan to generate TE production, and that who ever lines up under center will be competent enough to get the ball to what will be the most talented pass-catcher on the Team. It's Year 2 for the installation of the Offense, and although it might be a committee approach at RB and WR, I think there are enough variable pieces there to make the one constant, Cooley, a worthy TE1

Also passed on Sid Rice, Steve Smith/1, and Garcon upside potential and MLynch at 5.12 in favor of what I feel to be a known commodity in Shonn Greene with upside of his own. The downside, of course, is that he shares a bye with my RB1 Mike Turner, and neither is stellar in PPR, but like Turner, I'm comfortable enough with his yardage and touchdown potential as RB2 to justify the selection. He's trending the right way in the receptions department, at least. It's not out of the question he could catch 24 or so balls in a full 2011. Anything more would be gravy.

I still like what I'm doing at this point.

I know. I just liked it better when I was the slow link. :kicksrock:
As long as we're done by June, I'm good with this.

BreesMcFaddenSteve Johnson, Kenny BrittVernon DavisI like it so far. Really seems like a year you can go QB and TE relatively early and still make out okay at the skill positins. We shall see..

I think so. I only went with two RBs early to see what happens and I haven't taken RB2 early in either of the other mocks.