What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL2 discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Captain Hook

Footballguy
Let's keep the draft thread clean - get more picks per page and keep it easier for those accessing by phone

Clearly the first topic is who would everyone take with the #1 pick (answer when you can if you have an opinion.....that obviously means AFTER your choice HAS been picked)

Yeah I think this is pretty interesting - any of three or four guys could end up #1 in total points.

Personally I think the choice would be between AP and Foster.....but if the knock on CJ is new quarterback (or Collins) then why isn't that the same for Peterson? I would choose Foster on the projection that the Texans offense keeps rolling - that the defense doesn't keep them ahead to sit on the ball.

liked getting bumped up a spot....the way things have been going in some of the other leagues.....10 through about 14 or so is like a no mans land a little....don't get me wrong you are still getting a quality player but it might be a QB which seems a little early or a RB that you aren't that high on.....when I was at 10 I really thought the first 7 that were taken would be gone plus possibly the two Johnson WR's....which is exactly where I did not want to be sitting there having to decide bewteen Vick or some other QB's and a guy like Mendy who I am not real high on for no particular reason.....so I was really happy to see 8 rb's go and have my pick between the WR Johnsons.....not sure how it would have shook out had Old Mil been in the mix, but it looks like I may have still had a shot at one of the Johnson WR anyway....but had one of those RB's not fallen to one of those guys, WR might have come into play for somebody, which may have had a trickle down affect changing the first 8 picks a little because of personal preference..I think instead of RB I'm not real sure about I got a top WR...so it works...

IMO only...I like the top 5 backs taken, but after that I might lean somewhere else

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty happy that Roddy White slid all the way to fourteen for me....gives me good options for the turn as well.....looking for Gates or Witten or Gore, so I am pretty happy with Witten being left from that group - but obviously one of them was highly likely to be there for me.

1.16 Aaron Rogers

2.01 Antonio Gates

with these 2, got to think i got the top 2 at those positions....at the 16th pick....i be happy :clap:

Calvin Johnson at 1.12 seemed like a no-brainer to me, given the format.

Turner? I know it's PPR, so might be regarded as early, but two things stick out to me: first, with the additions they've made to the offense, I think the sheer volume of yardage and touchdowns he should account for given that he shouldn't be keyed on as much by opposing D's will negate some of that...and nothing like him will be available when it gets back to me at 3.12. Pleased with landing RB and WR Anchors with 1st 2 picks as foundation.

Look at the first pair of players from teams 12-16......some pretty impressive starts there especially considering our place in the draft.....back end of the draft a no brainer this year for redrafts, especially with 3RR

1.16 Aaron Rogers2.01 Antonio Gateswith these 2, got to think i got the top 2 at those positions....at the 16th pick....i be happy :clap:
I had both Vick and Finley rated higher.
:rolleyes: please your rolling with the sam thing you did in pdsl. not very risk adverse. Finley is not better than Gates nor will he out perform him on this field this season either.Vick is intereting but risky( we have covered this) Ill friendly wager that rodgers out scores vick next season (2013 probably)

Pretty happy with the McCoy, Mathews, Jennings start. Kind of a high risk/reward approach at RB, but both could be top 5. Jennings is a solid stud with over 65/1100 the past 3; he won't score with the elite but you won't find a more solid WR. Helps mitigate the risk at RB. This is a different approach than I've taken in PDSL or WDSL, we'll see if it works.

1.16 Aaron Rogers2.01 Antonio Gateswith these 2, got to think i got the top 2 at those positions....at the 16th pick....i be happy :clap:
:rolleyes: please your rolling with the sam thing you did in pdsl. not very risk adverse. Finley is not better than Gates nor will he out perform him on this field this season either.Vick is intereting but risky( we have covered this) Ill friendly wager that rodgers out scores vick next season (2013 probably)
:rolleyes:We just have to agree to disagree.I'd love to draft a different team but got stuck in the same selection area with the same rankings.

'BassNBrew said:
'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
:rolleyes:We just have to agree to disagree.I'd love to draft a different team but got stuck in the same selection area with the same rankings.
same here. Exact same spot as PDSL. I'm forcing myself to draft a little differently though.Pretty happy with the Rice, Rivers, Welker start. I don't know if Welker over Wallace was the right move, but If he is most of the way back, he will be a much more consistent scorer than Wallace imo.

I'm happy with my last Turn. I resisted temptation and passed on QB at 2.05, and again at 3.12, and still wound up with a QB (Big Ben) at QB10 who has upside potential to finish within the Top 8, at 4.05.

I don't see anything I regret missing out on between 3.12 and 4.05, which is nice.

I was surprised to have a choice between Maclin and Colston at 3.12. There's a considerable amount of variability involved with both the Eagles and Saints Offenses, in terms of WHERE the stats are going to go, but they are both statistical gold mines, and I think there's more certainty predicting Maclin's projected totals than Colston's. I've grown to respect Maclin as a complete receiver, and I personally see more of a #1 in him than in DSJ, although perhaps they are more akin to Darrell Jackson/Koren Robinson, where neither is a true #1, but they just happen to work well together and the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts...

Bonus: No Bye Week issues through 4 Rounds. Whoo-hoo!!!

'BassNBrew said:
'bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Then expect the same result...BOUNCED!I like Vick and Finley and both are ranked high, but higher than Arod and Gates? :lmao:ARod > Vick Gates > FinleyNothing to agree to disagree about, this is not even a debate.To get into detail about why ARod is better than Vick and Gates is better than Finley seems pointless, so I'll refrain, lol.

hating taking a QB in the 4th but had to assume this draft will hold true to form with some guys jumping on QB2's in the 5th.....

'Football Critic said:
Then expect the same result...BOUNCED!I like Vick and Finley and both are ranked high, but higher than Arod and Gates? :lmao:ARod > Vick Gates > FinleyNothing to agree to disagree about, this is not even a debate.To get into detail about why ARod is better than Vick and Gates is better than Finley seems pointless, so I'll refrain, lol.
Good call on refraining from showing your lack of acumen.

A lot of people seemed to be worried about getting shut out of a viable QB...had BSS go QB15/QB16 at the 4/5 turn. I was giddy to see Brandon Lloyd there at WR22, and think D. Thomas has as good a shot as any rookie at significant numbers this year (5.02).

A lot of people seemed to be worried about getting shut out of a viable QB...had BSS go QB15/QB16 at the 4/5 turn. I was giddy to see Brandon Lloyd there at WR22, and think D. Thomas has as good a shot as any rookie at significant numbers this year (5.02).
I think the QB worries are overrated (further comment later)tell us why you are so giddy about Lloyd (and you aren't alone Woody I think he was overdrafted in SSL1 too) when in all likelihood he won't have Orton throwing to him?Agree on Thomas assuming the Dolphins don't resign Brown and Ricky

I think the QB worries are overrated (further comment later)tell us why you are so giddy about Lloyd (and you aren't alone Woody I think he was overdrafted in SSL1 too) when in all likelihood he won't have Orton throwing to him?Agree on Thomas assuming the Dolphins don't resign Brown and Ricky
Couple of thoughts:1) Lloyd was the #1 receiver in fantasy last year, so this isn't like he eeked out a respectable WR15 middling type of season and now we should think there's a good chance he was a one year wonder. Drafting him at WR22 assumes a LOT of regression2) While I'm not a Tebow fan (at all), I took solace in that for two reasons. A) In Tebow's Week 14-16 stint, Lloyd had 14-263-2...which is right in line with his full season numbers. That would've projected to 75-1397-11 -- nearly identical to what Lloyd produced with Orton under center. B) I don't think the Broncos will enter the season without a decent veteran backup, and if Tebow sucks that backup will come in and help:shrug:

Pretty happy with the McCoy, Mathews, Jennings start. Kind of a high risk/reward approach at RB, but both could be top 5. Jennings is a solid stud with over 65/1100 the past 3; he won't score with the elite but you won't find a more solid WR. Helps mitigate the risk at RB. This is a different approach than I've taken in PDSL or WDSL, we'll see if it works.
Pretty happy to nab Freeman in the 4th as QB12. I should probably check our scoring system, but in many leagues he was top 10 last year. I won't expect him to continue to improve as much as he did between his rookie and 2nd season, but there's no reason to expect a regression. His receivers and RB are young, and the guy is uber-talented. FreemanMcCoy, MathewsJenningsIf this were dynasty, I'd be dancing. In redraft it still should do well. (so far)

Pretty happy to nab Freeman in the 4th as QB12. I should probably check our scoring system, but in many leagues he was top 10 last year. I won't expect him to continue to improve as much as he did between his rookie and 2nd season, but there's no reason to expect a regression. His receivers and RB are young, and the guy is uber-talented. FreemanMcCoy, MathewsJenningsIf this were dynasty, I'd be dancing. In redraft it still should do well. (so far)
considered Freeman over Bradford with my pick.....went with Bradford hoping McDaniels ruins the running game there like he did and Denver and Bradford chucks it 50 times a game.....

'Steel Dillo said:
Blistering pace we're on.
I dont really get the complaing, this is a draft in May for a season in limbo. Not every draft will run as smooth as a hand picked one by me :excited:

'Jason Wood said:
'Captain Hook said:
'Jason Wood said:
I think the QB worries are overrated (further comment later)tell us why you are so giddy about Lloyd (and you aren't alone Woody I think he was overdrafted in SSL1 too) when in all likelihood he won't have Orton throwing to him?

Agree on Thomas assuming the Dolphins don't resign Brown and Ricky
Couple of thoughts:1) Lloyd was the #1 receiver in fantasy last year, so this isn't like he eeked out a respectable WR15 middling type of season and now we should think there's a good chance he was a one year wonder. Drafting him at WR22 assumes a LOT of regression

2) While I'm not a Tebow fan (at all), I took solace in that for two reasons. A) In Tebow's Week 14-16 stint, Lloyd had 14-263-2...which is right in line with his full season numbers. That would've projected to 75-1397-11 -- nearly identical to what Lloyd produced with Orton under center. B) I don't think the Broncos will enter the season without a decent veteran backup, and if Tebow sucks that backup will come in and help

:shrug:
John Fox has a history of having a good vetern backup QB on the roster.

Brees

McFadden

Steve Johnson, Kenny Britt

Vernon Davis

I like it so far. Really seems like a year you can go QB and TE relatively early and still make out okay at the skill positins. We shall see..

BreesMcFaddenSteve Johnson, Kenny BrittVernon DavisI like it so far. Really seems like a year you can go QB and TE relatively early and still make out okay at the skill positins. We shall see..
TL, not worried about Britt's pending legal woes? I could see him being suspended for a chunk of the season and/or playing his way off the team if he screws up again.

Missed it by THAT much...

Got a little too cute for my own good at the 5/6 turn, thinking Zach Miller, TE Raiders could slip through to 6.05...Cooley was my fallback, though - from a bye-week standpoint, he fits the bill, and the statistical output ought to be close. I trust Kyle Shanahan to generate TE production, and that who ever lines up under center will be competent enough to get the ball to what will be the most talented pass-catcher on the Team. It's Year 2 for the installation of the Offense, and although it might be a committee approach at RB and WR, I think there are enough variable pieces there to make the one constant, Cooley, a worthy TE1

Also passed on Sid Rice, Steve Smith/1, and Garcon upside potential and MLynch at 5.12 in favor of what I feel to be a known commodity in Shonn Greene with upside of his own. The downside, of course, is that he shares a bye with my RB1 Mike Turner, and neither is stellar in PPR, but like Turner, I'm comfortable enough with his yardage and touchdown potential as RB2 to justify the selection. He's trending the right way in the receptions department, at least. It's not out of the question he could catch 24 or so balls in a full 2011. Anything more would be gravy.

I still like what I'm doing at this point.

BreesMcFaddenSteve Johnson, Kenny BrittVernon DavisI like it so far. Really seems like a year you can go QB and TE relatively early and still make out okay at the skill positins. We shall see..
I think so. I only went with two RBs early to see what happens and I haven't taken RB2 early in either of the other mocks.

Had a tough time deciding on my pick at 6.03 only because all three of my targets for that pick were still there, so which position and which player to pick? Logic says I made the right pick for several reasons which I will address later.....but...

Anyway, team so far looks good - well as good as it can amongst this group

QB - Cassel & Fitzpatrick

RB - JStew

WR - Roddy White & Dez Bryant

TE - Witten

Had a tough time deciding on my pick at 6.03 only because all three of my targets for that pick were still there, so which position and which player to pick? Logic says I made the right pick for several reasons which I will address later.....but...Anyway, team so far looks good - well as good as it can amongst this groupQB - Cassel & FitzpatrickRB - JStewWR - Roddy White & Dez BryantTE - Witten
I like your team enough, but you have a lot of risk. After White and Witten, none of your players are what I would call "safe bets". Your QBBC is interesting, Cassel could be great and Fitz solid, Stew and Dez have stud potential Right now you're boom or bust.

Yeah I guess but the dude has more talent than any WR on the board. I'm buying.

TL, not worried about Britt's pending legal woes? I could see him being suspended for a chunk of the season and/or playing his way off the team if he screws up again.

QB - Vick 7

RB - Blount 8, Jones 5

WR - Williams 8

TE - Finley 8, Lewis 9

Made some critical errors in this draft rooted in making quick picks on the road. I hindsight I should have taken Colston over Willaims solely on the bye week. DeAngelo should have been my RB pick in the 4th. I have him much higher than Blount, was hoping he would fall like he did in SSL1. Of course Blount's bye matched Williams' and Finley's. With three players on bye in week 8, I was forced to bypass Greene in the 5th who I felt represented huge value. Jones became my only option. Didn't want to take another TE early with Finley on board, but that was where the value was and I needed to cover Finley's bye with half of my team already off in week 8. With Vick off in week 7, immunity isn't likely.

What my team should have looked like...

QB - Vick 7

RB - Williams ?, Greene 8

WR - Colston 11, WR x

TE - Finley 8

Not loving this team, just more risk than I would usually like. But there weren't "safe" players available at my picks that I like.

Freeman (8), McCoy (5)

McCoy (7), Mathews (6)

Jennings (8), Harvin (9)

Gresham (7)

I'll comment more later on, but I'm hesitant to like this team. "Potentially" great, but far from a safe bet to make it past the first few weeks.

I'll take my chances with this squad.

Brady 7

MJD 9, Addai 11, Williams 6

Austin 5, Holmes 8

Pettigrew 9

Round by round comments

rnd 1 - leagues are not won in the first round, only lost. MJD looks to have recovered from off season surgery, plug and play.

rnd 2 - I had not planned on going QB early but the differential between Brady and later QB's to me was bigger than the differential between any RB/WR/TE that could be aquired between rnd 2 & 3. I am of the opinion that 2 mid tier QB is > one elite QB in this format, but we will see how this team progresses through the season.

rnd 3 - With no pass catchers and a WR drop off coming, Austin was an easy selection. even with Dez & witten getting looks in dallas, there should be enough balls to keep Austin happy.

rnd 4 - Santonio Holmes - This is where drafting in these 16team leagues filled with sharks makes life interesting. Top TE's are picked over, going 2QB this early is overkill, and almost all of the RB/WR's on the board are going to be reaches. I had this pick down to Holmes and Greene but felt that Greene would last longer than Holmes and might make it back if I still wanted him. He is a priority for the Jets to sign and is a #1WR with potential to get into a top 10-15 position if he signs and plays nice with management. Decent upside for the 21st WR.

rnd 5 - this was the toughest point in the draft so far. I had the following tagged for this pick: Greene, Lynch, Garcon and Benson but felt TE was necessary. There was a group of evenly ranked TE's which I felt would not make it back around to rnd 6. There were enough of "my guys" left on the board that I was hoping a TE run would let someone slip back into the 6th.

rnd 5 TE TierI know most people loved Miller in this spot, from the TE position here is how I had this tier of TE's ranked

1a) Pettigrew - big athletic TE, gets lots of targets and stafford looks to him often, has not yet reached full potential. Has more upside than any of the other guys here.

1b) Z Miller - a great talent and probably should be a clear #1 in this tier if healthy- I just can't bring myself to buy into anything the raiders are doing, not for a 5th rounder anyways.

2) Cooley - smart gritty player, gets lots of looks in the offense and is a proven producer. a few more TD's and he produces in the next TE tier, but was beat up alot last year and I felt it too risky to bank on him with such a premium for TE's.

3) Gonzo - If I had gone riskier in earlier picks, this would have been a safer pick. Guy can still play, but is clealry on the downturn of his career. add in more blocking for Turner and the addition of Julio jones, I look for his targets to drop slightly this year.

4) Winslow - Million dollar body - $0.10 head. Was not a consideration for me with this pick.

rnd 6 - I wanted Garcon here. after going TE in the last round, Greene, lynch and Benson all flew off the board. Addai has a chance to return to Indy and claim a starting gig. brown is just short of a bust,which means he only has to fend off a 4th rounder in carter from syracuse. This could be a strong pick or just as easily one of those picks where you look back and say what was I thinking.

rnd 7 - This was the guy I had targeted in rnd 7, finally the draft breaks in the right direction. With the pickup of williams I am feeling pretty comfortable in my backfield, and have nice bye week spacing.

1.09 Andre Johnson WR1 HOU

Was happy to land the best WR in the league in the first. Kind of guy that even when you know they are going to throw to him you still can’t stop him. Not sure how that monster week 11 bye week will play out, but barring injury AJ is in my lineup for the first 10 weeks which should help chances of advancement. Other considerations: no other WR, but had Andre been gone I probably would have gone with Calvin, none of the remaining RB’s, and no TE here. Vick and Rodgers got a sniff.

2.08 Peyton Hillis RB13 CLE

Wanted to go RB here and 12 were off the board. Knew there would be even less if I waited till the 3rd. Decided I was going to wait on QB/TE in this draft and see what happens. This pick will be creamed by most but I thought he was the best of the bunch left. Actually hope Hardesty takes some work as I think it could benefit Hillis as the year moves on should I make it deep in this league. I now it’s a little early to look at these things, but I love CLE schedule this year. Other than the matchups against BAL and PIT that schedule is pretty legit. Reminds me of KC’s schedule last year. This gives me some flexibility to let the rest of the draft come to me instead of chasing picks like I felt I did in the PDSL’s. Other considerations: None really since I had decided to wait on QB/TE. Had Nicks fallen which is unrealistic I would gone there. Had Turner or Hillis been an option I would have had to take a look at Turner, but I think HIllis wins out with his pass catching advantage.

3.09 Mark Ingram RB16 NO

Green light from the third base coach and swinging at a 3-0 pitch here. Think he has top 10 potential as RB16 I’ll give it a shot. Had he gone elsewhere not sure I like him as much but in this offense he should get a chance to produce. And this may be the corniest thing I ever type on this board, but I really liked the emotion he showed after he was drafted and talking about his father. I dig that. It shows me something, and I think he may take that kind of passion onto the field with him. Other considerations: Was very, very hard not to pull the trigger on Vernon Davis here. Also took a look at Best as I am high on him, but have soured some with the LeShoure signing. Others may not like it, but after 3 rounds I like this group.

4.08 Sam Bradford QB11 STL

Hated this point in the draft knowing there would be 16 picks until it got back to me. So many other directions I would have loved to have gone, but knew the QB thing was gonna start and didn’t want to be on the back end of it. Didn’t hate my pick, but hated having to make the pick. Felt QB had to be my pick here. Like Bradford to begin with and don’t think 35 TD’s is out of the question, but with McDaniels on staff, this offense could be fun to watch. While no super star WR’s they have a group of guys and some with big play ability. Other Considerations: a ton, most notably Jimmy Graham. Pretty much had to wave goodbye to him and it hurt. Best and Dwilly got a look but can’t go 3 RB’s. Freeman got a sniff but think Bradford will throw a little more. Honestly the name I almost typed in here was Tim Tebow. I won’t go into why as I have done that in other threads, but I almost said screw it and went with the go for the win mentality and took Tebow as my QB1. Thought there was an outside chance Tebow might make it back to me in the 5th so went with Bradford. Thought a Bradford/Tebow combo might be alright. Seems as though Tebow stock continues to rise as these things move along. BSS was the first to take two QB’s but he almost had to there, so technically Tebow isn’t the first QB2 being taken, but for all intents and purposes he was, as at the time he was taken there was an owner without a QB. Solid pick by Comet.

5.09 Michael Crabtree WR25 SF

Not a huge Crabtree fan but he is an unquestioned WR1 on his team and he has some skills. Just not crazy about his situation, but we’ll see. This could turn out ok and I like pairing him with AJ. Other considerations: almost snagged a QB here but glad I didn’t, Britt will not be on any of my teams, had Best fallen to me I would have taken a 3rd RB here even though it was not a good play. After 5 rounds I got a base at RB/WR/QB and some flexibility.

6.08 Mark Sanchez QB20 NYJ

Just said I had some flexibility, but not really. 19 QB’s off the board and I know a couple of things have cleared up but I still see a ton of question marks right now at what is left from about here on out. QB2’s have had a little more value this year with all the uncertainty. I didn’t want to be forced in the next round or something having to decide which of the FA/potentially traded guys left was most likely to end up in the best situation or what rookie I thought had the best chance of starting. For me Sanchez at this point was the last guy left without question marks (take a look). Might be two others but I won’t say their names yet and won’t say who else I really wanted that is still left. But I will say, I was hoping Fitzpatrick fell to me here as I think he has more big game potential. Neither spots where I took a QB were my favorite picks at the time, and this pick will look worse as we get closer to the season and all the other guys find homes or starting gigs, but I got two entrenched starters.

Just fyi......I’m going to attempt to start the DST run in the 7th if somebody else doesn’t....so get em while there hot.....

Not loving this team, just more risk than I would usually like. But there weren't "safe" players available at my picks that I like.

Freeman (8), McCoy (5)

McCoy (7), Mathews (6)

Jennings (8), Harvin (9)

Gresham (7)

I'll comment more later on, but I'm hesitant to like this team. "Potentially" great, but far from a safe bet to make it past the first few weeks.
Round by round...1.06 - FUBAR - LeSean "Shady" McCoy - RB6 - PHI

- 2nd draft I've taken McCoy in. PPR stud and improving on a great offense. Thought for a second about AJ, Vick or Rodgers just to change it up but nobody else was more than a passing consideration.

2.11 - FUBAR - Greg Jennings - WR6 - GB

- just missed on Brady who would have been my pick. I wanted a relatively safe pick here and Jennings is a surefire top 10 WR. Maybe not quite worth the WR6, but he's certainly in the running. Plus, as a native Michigander I just like the guy. Also considered Dallas Clark who I might have taken if we were here today, also Rivers and Wayne. Sort of a crossroads here.

3.06 - FUBAR - Ryan Mathews - RB15 - SD

- If I hadn't taken McCoy earlier I would have taken Maclin here. Otherwise, didn't really care for other options and I see Mathews as a potential top 5 RB (I admit that's probably way too high). Two top RBs makes it a position I can sit back on for awhile.

4.11 - FUBAR - Josh Freeman - QB12 - TB

- I like Freeman. Moreso as a dynasty #1 than redraft but seems good value here. Could easily have gone in different directions, Graham has a nice ceiling, Eli is safer, and if Lloyd repeats he'll be the SOD.

5.06 - FUBAR - Percy Harvin - WR23 - MIN

- This pick was easy. Although he lacks a good QB and Rice is a very good WR across from him, I see whoever their QB is relying heavily on Harvin's short game with YAC. IMO he'll end the year closer to WR12 than WR24.

6.11 - FUBAR - Jermaine Gresham - TE14 - CIN

- I wanted a TE here and most targets were taken in the previous series of TE picks. I really don't know what to think about this group (Gresham, Gronk, Keller) so I just took one I thought could succeed.

7.06 - FUBAR - Colt McCoy - QB - Clev

- Pretty much a "get a QB with a workable bye week" pick. I actually like his potential a lot but don't see him having a great 2nd season. He actually played well in games against other teams than the Steelers and Ravens, but those account for 25% of his games. I need him to have a good week 8 at San Fran, and he certainly can. In hindsight I should have gone with my first choice, who I had typed in before getting nervous about not having a good 2nd QB, which would have been Jared Cook. Frankly, this is the pick I regret right now (which probably means it's my best pick)

7.09 Jared Cook TE17 TEN

Was one of two teams without a TE and this is about the time some owners start snagging a TE2, some already have. The plan was to wait TE so happy that there were still a few to choose from. There may have been some safer picks and there are definitely some guys rated higher right now, but this was kind of another swing for the fences and go for the win pick. Opportunity 101. Dude is a specimen (6'5" 245 40 plus vert and 4.5 speed). Scaife is gone and the job is Cook's. Sounds like the new OC plans to use him. He can create matchup problems and could be a nice big athletic target for the rookie QB. Has ability to make plays after the catch. Top 10 production is not out of the question. Did the majority of his damage down the stretch last year so his arrow is pointing up. He's working out already and ready to become an impact player. I'll take a chance he breaks out this year and be ahead of the curve before he becomes a top 10 TE pick next year. Thought about dropping a few more clichés in here but that’s enough for now. Other considerations: Bass hit me up before the pick asking which way I was leaning so he could send a list. There are a couple of WR I really would have liked to take here but 2 PPR for TE dictated a pick here as Cook and the next few could have gone before it gets back to me. Felt like the early part of the draft was coming to me and I wasn't chasing, but this seemed like a little bit of a forced pick. But I think it is a solid pick and predicting breakout year. Also thought for a short time about a 3rd QB more as a keep away than anything else. Forgot we had to start a TE in this league so initiating the DST run will have to wait until 8th round.

Users who are viewing this thread