What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL2 discussion thread (1 Viewer)

almost halfway home.....here are me mates

QB - Cassel (6) & Fitzpatrick (7)

RB - Stewart (9) & BJGE (7)

WR - White (8), Bryant (5), & Nelson (8)

TE - Witten (5)

:thumbup:

'Captain Hook said:
almost halfway home.....here are me matesQB - Cassel (6) & Fitzpatrick (7)RB - Stewart (9) & BJGE (7)WR - White (8), Bryant (5), & Nelson (8)TE - Witten (5) :thumbup:
Really like your WRs. You'll need to hit on something late because there isn't much punch at QB or RB.

Almost half way home, can't say I envisioned this when the gun sounded and we galloped out of the gates...

...I'm a big fan of the direction the Bills appear to be headed in. Given my RB's (Turner/SGreene), I was looking to pick up a multipurpose guy at some point down the road. Considering he was on my radar at the 5/6 turn, I was very surprised to find Fred Jackson sticking around at the 7/8 turn. In a 16 Team/Mandatory Start 2RB PPR Format, Fred should be someone's RB2, and I gritted my teeth and went value where I saw it, over what I felt was an absolute STEAL at PPRWR3 in Jordy Nelson. Really thought I'd round out the squad with him at 8.5, but got snaked by longtime High Stakes National Rival Captain Hook at 8.3. I THINK I can take solace in the idea that had I lost out on Jackson by waiting, there wasn't an RB coming at 9/10 who could have approximated his stat/point totals compared to the WR field remaining after missing out on Nelson...

...got into the same value vs need issue at 8.5. Given that I already have Big Ben rostered, I just couldn't resist landing Heath Miller as TE1B to Cooley's 1A. Unfortunate that this League isn't flex, but it's just as much what you roster as it is what you deny others from rostering. In 2XPPRTE, between Cooley and HMiller, I'm fairly confident that for waiting until Round 6/8 to draft TE's that there's potential to finish close to the top in terms of aggregate TE production when all is said and done.

Roethlisberger

MTurner/SGreene/FrJackson

CalJohnson/Maclin

Cooley/HMiller

It's not mind blowing by any means, but it's unique, unexpected, and intriguing, I think.

from that blue kitty....."absolute STEAL at PPRWR3 in Jordy Nelson. Really thought I'd round out the squad with him at 8.5, but got snaked by longtime High Stakes National Rival Captain Hook at 8.3" :bowtie:

Well I would have taken Fred Jackson at the end of the seventh so console yourself that they are not both on my team - I agree your current team would look better with the 3rd WR than RB, but you got a good point producer on both picks

'Captain Hook said:
almost halfway home.....here are me matesQB - Cassel (6) & Fitzpatrick (7)RB - Stewart (9) & BJGE (7)WR - White (8), Bryant (5), & Nelson (8)TE - Witten (5) :thumbup:
SSL1:11.06 EvilGrin 72 - Benjarvus Green-Ellis, NEP, RB52 :excited: Wow, what a difference...

'Captain Hook said:
SSL1:11.06 EvilGrin 72 - Benjarvus Green-Ellis, NEP, RB52 :excited: Wow, what a difference...
So SSL1 forgot about Law Firm until I drafted him?or nobody thinks he is back with the Patriots?Sure the TD number was somewhat lucky but I think he still gets the goal line carries and many of the short yardage attempts (which on that offense can go the distance at times)

'Captain Hook said:
So SSL1 forgot about Law Firm until I drafted him?or nobody thinks he is back with the Patriots?Sure the TD number was somewhat lucky but I think he still gets the goal line carries and many of the short yardage attempts (which on that offense can go the distance at times)

'Captain Hook said:
'Reaper said:
'Captain Hook said:
He actually drafted him before you. I think everyone knows he's back with the Pats but, in what role and how many other backs in the NFL have similar roles?But, I wasn't really debating - just pointing out the difference....

'Captain Hook said:
'Reaper said:
'Captain Hook said:

TE - Witten (5)

SSL1:

11.06 EvilGrin 72 - Benjarvus Green-Ellis, NEP, RB52

:excited: Wow, what a difference...
So SSL1 forgot about Law Firm until I drafted him?or nobody thinks he is back with the Patriots?

Sure the TD number was somewhat lucky but I think he still gets the goal line carries and many of the short yardage attempts (which on that offense can go the distance at times)
He actually drafted him before you.

I think everyone knows he's back with the Pats but, in what role and how many other backs in the NFL have similar roles?

But, I wasn't really debating - just pointing out the difference....
What kind of clock are you working with?????

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 AM

7.14 BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, New England

Posted Yesterday, 12:00 PM

11.6 Benjarvus Green-Eliis, RB, NE

'Captain Hook said:
'Reaper said:
'Captain Hook said:

TE - Witten (5)

SSL1:

So SSL1 forgot about Law Firm until I drafted him?or nobody thinks he is back with the Patriots?

Sure the TD number was somewhat lucky but I think he still gets the goal line carries and many of the short yardage attempts (which on that offense can go the distance at times)

I think everyone knows he's back with the Pats but, in what role and how many other backs in the NFL have similar roles?

At least you didn't take him in the early 2nd like Toads.

'Captain Hook said:
'Reaper said:
'Captain Hook said:

TE - Witten (5)

SSL1:

I must have looked quickly at his pick before that....

He definitely got value.

Not loving this team, just more risk than I would usually like. But there weren't "safe" players available at my picks that I like.

Freeman (8), McCoy (5)

McCoy (7), Mathews (6)

Jennings (8), Harvin (9)

Gresham (7), Moeaki (6)

I'll comment more later on, but I'm hesitant to like this team. "Potentially" great, but far from a safe bet to make it past the first few weeks.
Round by round...1.06 - FUBAR - LeSean "Shady" McCoy - RB6 - PHI

- 2nd draft I've taken McCoy in. PPR stud and improving on a great offense. Thought for a second about AJ, Vick or Rodgers just to change it up but nobody else was more than a passing consideration.

2.11 - FUBAR - Greg Jennings - WR6 - GB

- just missed on Brady who would have been my pick. I wanted a relatively safe pick here and Jennings is a surefire top 10 WR. Maybe not quite worth the WR6, but he's certainly in the running. Plus, as a native Michigander I just like the guy. Also considered Dallas Clark who I might have taken if we were here today, also Rivers and Wayne. Sort of a crossroads here.

3.06 - FUBAR - Ryan Mathews - RB15 - SD

- If I hadn't taken McCoy earlier I would have taken Maclin here. Otherwise, didn't really care for other options and I see Mathews as a potential top 5 RB (I admit that's probably way too high). Two top RBs makes it a position I can sit back on for awhile.

4.11 - FUBAR - Josh Freeman - QB12 - TB

- I like Freeman. Moreso as a dynasty #1 than redraft but seems good value here. Could easily have gone in different directions, Graham has a nice ceiling, Eli is safer, and if Lloyd repeats he'll be the SOD.

5.06 - FUBAR - Percy Harvin - WR23 - MIN

- This pick was easy. Although he lacks a good QB and Rice is a very good WR across from him, I see whoever their QB is relying heavily on Harvin's short game with YAC. IMO he'll end the year closer to WR12 than WR24.

6.11 - FUBAR - Jermaine Gresham - TE14 - CIN

- I wanted a TE here and most targets were taken in the previous series of TE picks. I really don't know what to think about this group (Gresham, Gronk, Keller) so I just took one I thought could succeed.

7.06 - FUBAR - Colt McCoy - QB - Clev

- Pretty much a "get a QB with a workable bye week" pick. I actually like his potential a lot but don't see him having a great 2nd season. He actually played well in games against other teams than the Steelers and Ravens, but those account for 25% of his games. I need him to have a good week 8 at San Fran, and he certainly can. In hindsight I should have gone with my first choice, who I had typed in before getting nervous about not having a good 2nd QB, which would have been Jared Cook. Frankly, this is the pick I regret right now (which probably means it's my best pick)
8.13 - FUBAR - Tony Moeaki - TE - KC- I'm going all in on young players at this point. Some will probably bust, some will pan out and I'm relying on luck to pull me through. I like this kid's game, but would have preferred Olsen among others.

I really hate this team.

9.12/10.5: The last few Rounds have yielded up some unexpected pleasant surprises in RB3 Fred Jackson and TE2 Heath Miller, which I felt compelled to select based on what I feel to be the value they presented.

I had originally passed on Jordy Nelson at 7.12, hoping to pick him up at 8.5 as my WR3, which would be a strong and appropriate role for him in 16-Team PPR. He didn't make it back, and I valued the Cooley/HMiller combo over adding the obvious WR3, based on the WR choices available, which I felt would fall to me at 9.12.

Didn't quite happen that way, but I'm not entirerly displeased. After 8.05:

Jacoby Ford: like the talent upside, dislike what I see as liquidity in the Offensive Forecast. Pass in Round 8.

Santana Moss: While I follow every NFL Team NOW, there was a time when I primarily followed the Redskins. I've always liked Santana, and for years have been upset that he's been forced to be a true #1 instead of a #1B, as I feel with an effective threat opposite him, he could put up even better #'s. I used to have friends inside the building at Redskins Park; I wish I did now, because I don't like not having the scoop on Santana's plans. I think I know this: He's going to be a starting WR somewhere, and even if it's in Washington he'll stand a very good chance of beating WR40 #'s. Solid choice.

Braylon Edwards: boy, would I like to see him put it all together. Too early for my taste.

Hines Ward: Except for the fact that there's some pretty strong acumen going on in this League, I was somewhat traumatized to see Ward go in the 8th Round. His #'s aren't going south yet, IMO. Another guy almost impossible to keep out of the Top 32WR. Solid.

SSmithNorth: Could be right in line behind HWard and SMoss in some sort of progression. Tremendous upside if he winds up back with the Giants, plenty of upside no matter where he winds up - complete WR, IMO. Maybe not a solid WR3 with the uncertainty, but a key piece of a WR3BC. Would have liked him to fall.

JJones: Packer upside, Lee Evans stat-line (3/91/1(70yds) followed by a drought sillyness), I don't think he'll ever wind up being more than a Ricky Sanders-type, doubtless a great part of a WR3BC, but early for him, IMO, as I don't see him as a lockdown starter.

ESanders: At best in a time share with Ward for 2011, and behind Wallace, Ward and HMiller and possibly a RB, in terms of progression and targets. Too early, IMO.

Davone Bess: I love this guy, and see him as another HWard, SMoss, SSmith type. Plenty of uncertainty going on in Miami right now, but again, a good committee guy.

Driver: I actually think Driver and Nelson will have almost identical stat lines at Season's end, from an FF Points standpoint, so getting him at 9.12 would have represented great value to me, but I think Nelson has more upside, so while I would have liked Driver to fall, I probably would have felt compelled to draft another WR at 10.5, depending on what was available.

So, it gets to me, and in the spirit of not mentioning Players who have yet to be drafted, I went Evans over others remaining on my list for a few reasons. First, he's an entrenched NFL Starter, so he's going to see a majority of Total Offensive Snaps. Second, he's got what looks to be an emerging stud on the other side in Steve Johnson. This Offense is one that should be trending upwards in terms of overall statistical production, with Fitz, FrJax, Spiller, Johnson, Evans and Parrish having a year together. There are some other interesting complimantary pieces there too, but with the emergence of Fitzpatrick and Johnson...I know he's CONFOUNDING, and many, including me, have sworn not to drink the kool-aid again, but I'm seeing too much overall positive going on with this offense to ignore him as a nice piece of WR3BC, with strong lockdown WR3 upside.

I passed on Meachem here, was hoping to pair him with Evans at 10.5. Not surprised he didn't make it back.

Burleson wasn't a consideration with Calvin already rostered. Armstrong is interesting, but in Cooley I already have the only piece of that Offense I really want.

The Ravens added some nice pieces to their passing offense the last 2 Drafts. They are committed to getting the most out of Flacco, who is still maturing, and who still needs a trusted security blanket. Derrick Mason is a fighter, and I don't see a WR on the Roster capable of displacing him as an entrenched starter for the Ravens either. At this stage of the game, (post WR48 in a 16-Team/3WR League), it's rare enough to find entrenched starters, but even more so who's percievable FLOOR is in the 64-catch range, with about a 1/2 dozen TD's thrown in for good measure.

These are two relatively low risk, high reward selections, especially at this point in the Draft. I would have liked to have drafted them later, perhaps, but quite a few Players at all positions are going earlier than I expected, and I did get a couple of gifts the last turn that didn't come without a price.

With the WR Corps I now have, and the overall structure of the Team, I think I've given myself the opportunity to feel a little more comfortable about having to choose between the wild cards at RB and WR that will be availble in the later turns.

Roethlisberger

MTurner/SGreene/FrJackson

CalJohnson/Maclin/LEvans/DMason

Cooley/HMiller

I can still live with this, at this point.

QB - Cutler,Stafford

RB - CJ2k,J.Starks, Vereen

WR - B.Marshall, DeSean, Deion Branch, Johnny Knox

TE - Heap, Carlson

my TEs blow, but i like the make-up of the rest of my team

Freeman (8), McCoy (5)

McCoy (7), Mathews (6), MBush (8)

Jennings (8), Harvin (9), RMoss (?)

Gresham (7), Moeaki (6)

Packers D (8)
9.06 FUBAR - Michael Bush - RB - Oak- I had LT typed in here first, but opted for Bush. If McFadden got injured, Bush could hit it big. Even if he doesn't, Bush will play. Could also have gone Pierre Thomas or Reggie Bush here.

10.11 - FUBAR - Green Bay Packers - Def

- Wanted a top D, the Packers qualify. Not loving the four week 8 byes, but I have to make it there to care. Also considered the Jets and Eagles.

11.06 Randy Moss, WR, ???

- Different sort of risk here. If he comes back he can be one of the top WRs in the league. In a dream scenario he heads to St. Louis or somewhere else with a good QB. He still has skills and can reemerge. Lots of risk though, including the chance that no team takes the chance, but I think that's a small chance of happening. On the right team, he can be a viable WR2 or better.

Is it obvious that I'm shooting from the hip?

QB - Cutler,Stafford RB - CJ2k,J.Starks, Vereen WR - B.Marshall, DeSean, Deion Branch, Johnny Knox TE - Heap, Carlson my TEs blow, but i like the make-up of the rest of my team
You're weak RB and TE IMHO.
Im weak at Rb with Chris Johnson?? Most people only even draft 4, RB2 is a the spot to be weak IMO
I would argue that you should be strong at every position. I just don't like your RB depth.

QB - Cutler,Stafford RB - CJ2k,J.Starks, Vereen WR - B.Marshall, DeSean, Deion Branch, Johnny Knox TE - Heap, Carlson my TEs blow, but i like the make-up of the rest of my team
You're weak RB and TE IMHO.
Im weak at Rb with Chris Johnson?? Most people only even draft 4, RB2 is a the spot to be weak IMO
I would argue that you should be strong at every position. I just don't like your RB depth.
Starks and Vereen have a great chance to produce this year, Let me guess you think grant and BJGE are value? whens the last time you did something in these leagues anyway????

'Football Critic said:
QB - Matt Ryan

RB - Rice, Grant

WR - SJohnson, SRice, AJ Green

TE - Witten
At this point in the game your behind on QB...I have Schaub/Bradford for example.Rice was a good pick, but the Pack want to split carries so Grant was a collossal reach

Johnson, Rice, Green...meh, okay. You reached on Green.

Witten - The TE I drafted in the 8th round may exceed his production(Winslow). You embarrassingly took Witten in the second. Again, I drafted Winslow in the 8th. Do you see the problem here?

What the guppies don't understand is that TE is very deep this year...anybody who drafted a TE early wasted a pick barring Gates who is in his own tier. But don't feel bad pretty much everybody in SSL1, SSL2 and SSL3 made the same mistake. I've always been the one to inform this forum when they draft incorrectly, nothing has changed.

I give this team a solid C+

It's obvious that "Footbal Critic" still has some learning to do.
So Grant is a collosal reach here?> But I get the guy who performed in the playoffs and is in line to get a good chunk of the carries somehow my depth is weak????

Which is it???

or do you not believe the rB1 in GB will have any value?

So Grant is a collosal reach here?> But I get the guy who performed in the playoffs and is in line to get a good chunk of the carries somehow my depth is weak???? Which is it???or do you not believe the rB1 in GB will have any value?
I believe the committee situation kills the GB RB value. I wouldn't want either of them as my RB#2.

Starks and Vereen have a great chance to produce this year, Let me guess you think grant and BJGE are value?
The question is how much will they produce. My RB#2 is Jonathan Stewart for example...IMHO he has nearly twice the upside of either of your backs.
right and what round did you invest in him???
It doesn't really matter, my point is that optimally you should have a stronger RB#2. If you think you do, that's great...I'm just providing some commentary for you to chew on. :shrug:

So Grant is a collosal reach here?> But I get the guy who performed in the playoffs and is in line to get a good chunk of the carries somehow my depth is weak???? Which is it???or do you not believe the rB1 in GB will have any value?
I believe the committee situation kills the GB RB value. I wouldn't want either of them as my RB#2.
And got BMW as your WR#2??? Yikes. I got 4 guys who will out perform him. GLI doubt grant comes back unless its at a massive discount #1, and BJGE is a UFA and you think they took Vereen in the 2nd round to hold a clipboard for Danny Woodhead?

Starks and Vereen have a great chance to produce this year, Let me guess you think grant and BJGE are value?
The question is how much will they produce. My RB#2 is Jonathan Stewart for example...IMHO he has nearly twice the upside of either of your backs.
right and what round did you invest in him???
It doesn't really matter, my point is that optimally you should have a stronger RB#2. If you think you do, that's great...I'm just providing some commentary for you to chew on. :shrug:
I love the debate dont get me wrong. If you look back at ALL of my SSL championship teams RB2 is where I choose to be weak almost every single time. TE is an issue here as well and will need a break there, but my WR depth and top2 qbs plus CJ2k give me alot of firepower week in and week out

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt grant comes back unless its at a massive discount #1, and BJGE is a UFA and you think they took Vereen in the 2nd round to hold a clipboard for Danny Woodhead?
My understanding is that Grant is a lock to come back. Regarding Vereen, this history of NE is one of committees...Vereen could surprise and get a significant amount of work, but history would argue you're looking at a committee in NE.

I doubt grant comes back unless its at a massive discount #1, and BJGE is a UFA and you think they took Vereen in the 2nd round to hold a clipboard for Danny Woodhead?
My understanding is that Grant is a lock to come back. Regarding Vereen, this history of NE is one of committees...Vereen could surprise and get a significant amount of work, but history would argue you're looking at a committee in NE.
Yeah the corey Dillon committee.In NE, I think BJGE and Faulk and Morris are gone. grant will have to take a discount to come back and i think he lost his job

Yeah the corey Dillon committee.In NE, I think BJGE and Faulk and Morris are gone. grant will have to take a discount to come back and i think he lost his job
we'll agree to disagree...my stance is vereen will have limited opportunity.

you maybe right, but I think his path to getting carries isnt one he cant overcome. Come on man Pac-10 or 12 or mountain west love!!!!

you maybe right, but I think his path to getting carries isnt one he cant overcome. Come on man Pac-10 or 12 or mountain west love!!!!
the kid is a third down back for now...those types usually don't have huge impacts their rookie season...see CJ Spiller.

QB Tony Romo

QB Jason Campbell

RB "All Day" Adrian Peterson

RB Daniel Thomas

RB Mike Tolbert

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Brandon Lloyd

WR Chad Ochocinco

WR Steve Breaston

TE Dustin Keller

DST Philadelphia Eagles

Loving my team, so far. :pickle:

QB Tony Romo QB Jason CampbellRB "All Day" Adrian Peterson RB Daniel Thomas RB Mike Tolbert WR Reggie WayneWR Brandon Lloyd WR Chad OchocincoWR Steve Breaston TE Dustin Keller DST Philadelphia Eagles Loving my team, so far. :pickle:
I count one starting RB and two starting WRs. :popcorn:

QB Tony Romo QB Jason CampbellRB "All Day" Adrian Peterson RB Daniel Thomas RB Mike Tolbert WR Reggie WayneWR Brandon Lloyd WR Chad OchocincoWR Steve Breaston TE Dustin Keller DST Philadelphia Eagles Loving my team, so far. :pickle:
I always knew you were bad at math ;)
LOL, this LHucks kid is classic, all talk and zero knowledge.Hucks are there any good players in the league but the ones you draft? LMAO...also, do you ever provide anything other than rhetoric? Stats, fact based analysis? ever?

LOL, this LHucks kid is classic, all talk and zero knowledge.Hucks are there any good players in the league but the ones you draft? LMAO...also, do you ever provide anything other than rhetoric? Stats, fact based analysis? ever?
You are pretty new here, aren't you

You are pretty new here, aren't you
Fairly, but not new to fantasy by any means.Am I off base, or on point? lol

Come on dude, everyone knows Lhucks provides alot of good information. For example, if he picks a team to win, you instantly fade the pick and are in the money. If he calls a fantasy player a bust you instantly draft him. When he drafts a player in one of these leagues you know to add him to your do not draft list. Lhucks is pure gold.

Sorry about the delay, fellas...got blindsided by some sort of virus yesterday afternoon, still not out of the woods left - spiked a high fever and spent most of last night/this AM forcing fluids and peeing and sweating this thing out. Happens almost every spring when the weather's funky. Usually a 24-Hour thing, should be fine by tonight.

'BassNBrew said:
'Football Critic said:
'Jason Wood said:
'LHUCKS said:
'Jason Wood said:
Come on dude, everyone knows Lhucks provides alot of good information. For example, if he picks a team to win, you instantly fade the pick and are in the money. If he calls a fantasy player a bust you instantly draft him. When he drafts a player in one of these leagues you know to add him to your do not draft list. Lhucks is pure gold.
Your right, thats beautiful information.Guess it makes what I've been saying about Schaub and Gore going into this year true...BUST!

Just a heads up guys...starting tomorrow morning all clocks are cut in half. The apathy is getting out of hand and this needs to be wrapped up by Memorial Day weekend. Clocks will be at full length over the weekend.

Will Gore and Schaub be a bust at their lowest drafted positions in the SSL? What are you offering?
Gore will be a straight up BUST, he WILL get hurt AGAIN, I'm sure of it. I dont care of his ADP really, but yes my bust staement is based off his ADP.Schaub, has been a virtual bust for his ADP every year has he not? As he always under performs, and to under perform with the best WR in the league is unacceptable. He however can present a good season, and I hope he does. But now that LHucks owns him, he is sure to suck.

Will Gore and Schaub be a bust at their lowest drafted positions in the SSL? What are you offering?
Gore will be a straight up BUST, he WILL get hurt AGAIN, I'm sure of it. I dont care of his ADP really, but yes my bust staement is based off his ADP.Schaub, has been a virtual bust for his ADP every year has he not? As he always under performs, and to under perform with the best WR in the league is unacceptable. He however can present a good season, and I hope he does. But now that LHucks owns him, he is sure to suck.
List the players that will get injured. 20 should do to revisit the Football Critic Injury Predictinator.I got Gore at RB11.

I got Schaub at QB11.

What does Points per Game mean to you in Best Ball?

What do you consider a bust? Drop of X spots at his position

this was over in before the fifth round

OLD MILWAUKEE

1.15 - Old Milwaukee (4 HOUR CLOCK) - Larry Fitzgerald - WR4 - ARI

2.02 - Old Milwaukee - Frank Gore - RB11 - SF

3.15 - Old Milwaukee (4 HOUR CLOCK) - Marques Colston - WR17 - NO

4.02 - Old Milwaukee - Matt Ryan - QB9 - ATL

hello ssl1

Users who are viewing this thread