What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

ETA: this is KRSone21's pick

13.12 - Jason Hill - WR - Jax

Sorry guys I will not make a pick for me or for anyone on my blackberry or away from my home comp now, I got bit making my first ever double pick in 9 years and I'm ashamed. lol

Plz PM next, thx
Thank you football critic for making my pick for me. :thumbup:

QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB2 - Jonathan Stewart(9)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR2 - Mike Williams (sea)(6)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

DEF - Saints (11)

PK1 - Crosby (8)

PK2 - Gostkowski (7)

Love the way this draft is shaping up for me, I was targeting Moss late. I took him a bit before he went in the other drafts to ensure he'd be on my roster...he was one of the reasons why I felt comfortable holding off on WR#2 actually.

Helu was a needed gift as I was getting a bit worried about my RB depth...I firmly believe he'll have a significant contribution in Shanny's offense as a rookie...skeletor loves proving the world wrong and I liked Helu before the draft so I was happy to see his ADP relatively low in SSL1 and SSL2 as those drafts often dicate ADP in the later drafts, fortunately for me those clowns wouldn't know value if it slapped them in the face. :P

I regret not drafting Breaston or Jacoby Jones. I thought one of them would make it to my next pick and then they got swallowed up almost immediately after I took Crosby. I particularly like Jones who has the athleticism for a 10 TD season if he can ever tune up his game.

Overall I'd give my team an A in this draft thus far. I see no weak spots and am confident I can sure up my depth in the final rounds.

Championship

Last edited by a moderator:
QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

DEF - Saints (11)

PK1 - Mason Crosby (8)

Love the way this draft is shaping up for me, I was targeting Moss late. I took him a bit before he went in the other drafts to ensure he'd be on my roster...he was one of the reasons why I felt comfortable holding off on WR#2 actually.

Helu was a needed gift as I was getting a bit worried about my RB depth...I firmly believe he'll have a significant contribution in Shanny's offense as a rookie...skeletor loves proving the world wrong and I liked Helu before the draft so I was happy to see his ADP relatively low in SSL1 and SSL2 as those drafts often dicate ADP in the later drafts, fortunately for me those clowns wouldn't know value if it slapped them in the face. :P

I regret not drafting Breaston or Jacoby Jones. I thought one of them would make it to my next pick and then they got swallowed up almost immediately after I took Crosby. I particularly like Jones who has the athleticism for a 10 TD season if he can ever tune up his game.

Overall I'd give my team an A in this draft thus far. I see no weak spots and am confident I can sure up my depth in the final rounds.

Championship
Moss retires. You're out in Week 6.

QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

DEF - Saints (11)

PK1 - Mason Crosby (8)

Championship
No weak spots? try your whole team. Your whole team is gawd awful. Schaub, people been claiming he will do something for years....not much of a standout is he? Bradford is your better QB, and he is not a great one yet.your RBs are poop, I already said what I think about Gore, I like Jstewart just not next year cuz Clausen or Newton will scare no one. Roy helu your third runner? I rest my case.

Seriously? You like a guy who can never start of Walters, for a 10 TD season? Hes been in the league 4 years, this will be his 5th, (so hes past that 3rd year breakout), and he hasnt even had 10 TDs in his career. Their is a reason why he could never gain the starting spot from Walter of all people, he just is not that good. I know hes not on your team, but just breaking down your horrible insight. Your WR are the worst of the 16 teams drafting. Wayne is good, 2 years ago, I see the same production for Wayne as Harrison in his later years.

Your right you wouldnt know value if it slapped you in the face. Winslow your only TE in a 2 ppr for TE league, ouch....

Def and K, meh...they will do.

Overall, you failed and you know it, everyone does.....F

You dont have a teir 1 in any postion, and I dont count Wayne a teir 1 this year, high teir 2.

So no teair ones? Yes thats a fail, and ultimate fail.

Sam Bradford is tier 1. I'm projecting him for 7,000 yards. He's got huge upside. They play in a dome so they will air it out. They took two WRs in the draft so that means he will be doubly better than Ryan. Maybe 8,000 yards.

Sam Bradford is tier 1. I'm projecting him for 7,000 yards. He's got huge upside. They play in a dome so they will air it out. They took two WRs in the draft so that means he will be doubly better than Ryan. Maybe 8,000 yards.
is this your analysis or lack of knowledge???Looks like both to me.
I am practicing the Critic Analysis Method.

is this your analysis or lack of knowledge???Looks like both to me.
I am practicing the Critic Analysis Method.
LOL, seriously? All you provided was... "4,000 is not possible" - when do you start at NFL Network with that insight? That insight should get you a job....and in the end of it all, it was simple argument that ended up getting you to agree with me.I'll now wait for you awesome response.

'BroadwayG said:
'Football Critic said:
Why did they trade a ton to move up to pick 6 to take a WR in Julio Jones?
Because they are dumb.
Wow, great insight from someone with football knowledge.I cut you short on your knowledge....You did do some math and come up with the amount of increase I am projecting in 10%. So your on the right track. :rolleyes:Attack the messenger since you obviously cant attack the message.your comment just showed your knowledge, nothing longer to debate with you since your beneath me.ETA: I notice you deleted that comment? Why, cuz you realized you have nothing but that?

anything can happen on any given Sunday.
This is the only thing you have posted that has any sort of credibility.
LOL....again all you are doing is taking 1 line quotes and reposting them out of context. LOLAre you always this wise with your football knowledge?What did you say again - "Thats a 10% increase, thats impossible"People really cant take you seriously?You provide nothing, I may be hated for instances of educating people like you, but at least I provide info.Critisize my points all you want, if you didnt you would have no point, so I understand you desperate attempt.Seriously, your arguing with me on something i already got you to say you agree with me on.

This is all you got, I'm attacking your football knowledge calling you out, and your going this route...and I'm the one whos disliked? I love Football guys!
I am fairly certain I have adequately displayed my football knowledge. If you want to disagree with me and logically debate the Falcons offensive prospects for the season I'm more than happy to oblige.If you do so, I'd appreciate it if you'd tone down the abrasive tone. You no longer need to 'attack' my football knowledge. Why don't we try something a little more mellow, like 'debate'?

This is all you got, I'm attacking your football knowledge calling you out, and your going this route...and I'm the one whos disliked? I love Football guys!
I am fairly certain I have adequately displayed my football knowledge. If you want to disagree with me and logically debate the Falcons offensive prospects for the season I'm more than happy to oblige.If you do so, I'd appreciate it if you'd tone down the abrasive tone. You no longer need to 'attack' my football knowledge. Why don't we try something a little more mellow, like 'debate'?
dude it was a debate, I made my point, and you agreed, i pointed it out...you felt bad that you agreed with me, you started the attacks on me again. But I'm sure you would love to forget anything that puts you in the wrong.abrasive tone? Way to tell what tone I'm typing, lol...seriously? My tone thru text? :lmao:Also if I recall, the person who is abrasive is you...all my comments are in regards to football, is this message board 101 for you?PS - If you also noticed this I tried to end it many posts ago, but you started with personal attacks about me needing a doctor.i understand that i buried you again, just give up already.

Also if I recall, the person who is abrasive is you...all my comments are in regards to football, is this message board 101 for you?
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about. In one sentence you say you're all about football, then you take a shot at my message board skills of all things.It's like you don't want to actually talk about football.Please, elaborate on your projections for the Falcons offense. That's all I'm asking. How will Julio Jones make the transition to the NFL? Why do you think Turner is going to have a bad year? Is Gonzalez going to dive into the fountain of youth to have a great season? Those are just a few examples of acceptable questions to discuss. You may feel free to formulate your own.

Also if I recall, the person who is abrasive is you...all my comments are in regards to football, is this message board 101 for you?
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about. In one sentence you say you're all about football, then you take a shot at my message board skills of all things.It's like you don't want to actually talk about football.Please, elaborate on your projections for the Falcons offense. That's all I'm asking. How will Julio Jones make the transition to the NFL? Why do you think Turner is going to have a bad year? Is Gonzalez going to dive into the fountain of youth to have a great season? Those are just a few examples of acceptable questions to discuss. You may feel free to formulate your own.
Are you kidding me, its a football message board?dude your ignored, the first ever person I ignored, LHucks aint even ignored.continue to type away about nothing, gees.

I'd like to apologize to all for the banter that has nothing to do with the draft.

seriously, my apologies. These type of things are not what i look for, i look for serious debate over sports, sometimes they get heated but going on about nuthin in this thread is part my fault.

again my apologies. I'm sure I'll be provoked again, but until then....

'Football Critic said:
'BroadwayG said:
'Football Critic said:
Are you kidding me, its a football message board?dude your ignored, the first ever person I ignored, LHucks aint even ignored.continue to type away about nothing, gees.
$1 says you log out and come back in as a guest to see what he has said.....I don't think you can help yourself so why waste the time.....

'BroadwayG said:
<---- WINNING!
:goodposting:
The last person who said that thought he was "Winning!" too.Until he was booed off stage in his first appearence in Detroit, lost his show, his kids, and suffered mad public backlash....how has that worked for him?And leave it to Hucks for the good posting, lol, you can tell when 2 people think alike....so yes you are "Winning!" and so is Hucks fantasy squad. I have not seen a team that bad since the Lions a few years ago.

'Football Critic said:
'BroadwayG said:
'Football Critic said:
$1 says you log out and come back in as a guest to see what he has said.....I don't think you can help yourself so why waste the time.....
No need, when people quote them you can see it, lol...and even when I say I apologize and don't want to continue this pointless bickering, leave it to the "self appointed more mature" to instigate. LOL, I love it! FBG at its best!

..and even when I say I apologize and don't want to continue this pointless bickering, leave it to the "self appointed more mature" to instigate. LOL, I love it! FBG at its best!
It won't be pointless bickering if you'd take some time to answer my questions about the Falcons. I can provide you with simple responses with blanks, Mad Libs style, if you have problems.Example:I know Julio Jones has gotten less than stellar marks for his hands and route running. Despite this, he is a big fast playmaker, and should have a _____ (adj) impact as a rookie. I'm expecting numbers similar to ________ (WR name), I'm thinking about ____ (number) receptions and ____ (number) yards. That may sound like a lot, but stranger things have happened in the NFL.Not only that, but his physicality and blocking skills should help ______ (ATL receicer(s)) get free on crossing routes or pick plays. This should help _____ (ATL QB) by providing a bigger target window to throw to, as well as turning some short throws to ______ (ATL receiver(s)) into huge gains through his blocking.

'MrTwo94 said:
QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

DEF - Saints (11)

PK1 - Crosby (8)

PK2 - Gostkowski (7)

Championship
Fail. Why do you have two kickers before two tight ends in a league that awards 2.0 ppr to TEs?You do realize this is PPR, right? I can't figure out why you are hurting at WR and TE so badly.

Where do you envision Randy Moss landing that makes him fantasy relevant? The Jets? Sanchez is good for 200 yds and 1 TD per game. Not exactly Tom Brady numbers.

Gore is nice but will likely get hurt again. Still has no QB. Stewart has a rookie QB and Goodson will get the receptions. Helu? Wow. Way to hinge your hopes on a rookie 4th rounder. Shanahan drafted Clarett in the 3rd. Washington doesn't have a QB, either.

This team is seriously terrible.
:goodposting: The exact same thing Ive been saying! Gore? He is a shoe in to get hurt again.

But he gives himself an A :lmao:

QB: Drew Brees QB5 (11)

QB: Carson Palmer QB30 (7)

QB: Christian Ponder QB33 (9)

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew RB7 (9)

RB: DeAngelo Williams RB22 (9)

RB: Beanie Wells RB39 (6)

WR: Brandon Marshall WR13 (5)

WR: Brandon Lloyd WR23 (6)

WR: Anthony Armstrong WR46 (5)

WR: Robert Meachem WR53 (11)

WR: Jerrico Cotchery WR72 (8)

TE: Dustin Keller TE12 (8)

TE: Marcedes Lewis TE14 (9)

DEF: Chicago Bears Defense DEF14 (8)

Ok, who wants to rate my team so far? :)

On my own faults: If Beanie does not regain his starting job, then I am VERY weak at RB, especially since both my top-2 have the same bye week (assuming D-Will is still in Carolina). I waited a bit on my WR3, but like the 3 guys that I did get later to do something. Cotchery is still there in NYJ, and with one of Braylon or Santonio gone, he is squarely back in the starting lineup.

I really wanted some guys that got picked right before me, like ATL defense, who I rode to some wins last year, and Mike Goodson, who I see some nice things from this year, but they were picked up right before I came up.

Am also hoping that Carson does not retire and is either starting in CIN or somewhere else - if this happens, he will outperform his QB30 draft spot by a bit, but of course I should only really need him 1 or 2 weeks max with Brees as mm QB1.

Defense-wise, I don't mind having Chicago - there should not be many high scoring games at soldier field late in the season. Also, Hester should be good for 1-2 scores at least on special teams. I will add another one, but am not worried about grabbing them right now. I have a team in mind, and they are still there.

For Kicker, once the top 4 or 5 were gone, they are all pretty much identical to me. I will grab 2 of them from teams that I think will score a lot and roll with that.

All in all, I give myself a solid B to B+ grade. My QBs will be good with Brees; RBs are top-heavy, but both are nice pass-catching options for the PPR league; WRs are top-heavy, but provide good options in a best-ball format; I have 2 good TEs that should provide me with consistent scoring at the position; I like my DEF1, and will grab another before the end.

Any critiques of my squad? Seriously, I like the feedback.

Draft Spot 6 - Jackal King

QB: Philip Rivers QB6 - rd 2 - wk 6

QB: Cam Newton QB24 - rd 8 - wk 9

I'm content with my QB's. I knew I wanted one of the top 6. Was happy Rivers made it to 2.11.

Had I gone for RB or WR here...I'd have been left with Schaub or Ben. Too much of a drop for my taste.

Will look to pick up Volek in round 18 to hedge my Cam gamble.

RB: LeSean McCoy RB6 - rd 1 - wk 7

RB: Ryan Torain RB29 - rd 6 - wk 5

RB: Fred Jackson RB33 - rd 7 - wk 7

RB: Thomas Jones RB53 - rd 12 - wk 6

I'm sure others will disagree, but I see my RB's as a strength. I think McCoy will be an anchor.

Torain and Jackson have some risk...but I think both are good values for round 6 and 7.

And...Thomas Jones still has gas in the tank. 245 carries last year. I'll take him as RB4.

WR: DeSean Jackson WR12 - rd 3 - wk 7

WR: Anquan Boldin WR20 - rd 4 - wk 5

WR: Lee Evans WR45 - rd 9 - wk 7

WR: Mark Clayton WR54 - rd 10 - wk 5

WR: Danario Alexander WR64 - rd 13 - wk 5

Wishing I was a bit stronger here...and wishing for more diversity in the bye weeks.

I probably should have gone Mike Wallace in the third and avoided my RB1 and WR1 byes on the same week.

As long as Bolden, Evans or the Rams give me WR2 production, my WR's may be "good enough".

TE: Owen Daniels TE8 - rd 5 - wk 11

TE: Vicenthe Shianco TE26 - rd 11 - wk 9

With the big 4 TE's all gone after the second round, round 5 looked like my TE round.

Miller went at the top of the 5th...but after him...Daniels was on the top of my board.

If he stays healthy...he's a top 5 TE. Easy. Defenses keyed on Foster and Johnson will leave huge gains underneath for Daniels.

DEF: Miami Dolphins DEF19 - rd 14 - wk 5

As others have said...just give me a defense other than Jax.

Overall...a competetive team. No glaring weaknesses.

Draft Spot 11 - Go Pack

QB: Michael Vick QB1 (7)

QB: Tim Tebow QB20 (6)

RB: Mark Ingram RB16 (11)

RB: CJ Spiller RB34 (7)

RB: Michael Bush RB44 (8)

RB: Bernard Scott RB52 (7)

WR: Santonio Holmes WR19 (8)

WR: Austin Collie WR24 (11)

WR: Santana Moss WR39 (5)

WR: Greg Little WR 48 (5)

WR: Jacoby Jones WR67 (11)

TE: Dallas Clark TE2 (11)

TE: Jeremy Shockey TE28 (9)

DEF: N.Y. Giants Defense DEF5 (7)

K: Robbie Gould PK9 (8)

K: Billy Cundiff PK12 (5)

QB: Vick dominated from a FF perspective last year and should put up great numbers again in that offense if he can stay healthy. I grabbed Tebow because the RB's I wanted there were gone and no WR's stood out. I thought he has by far the most upside of the QB's left at that point so decided to grab my QB2 there. I think this combo has the potential to put up huge points but does carry some high injury risk

RB: This is my weakness but there never seemd to be value at RB when I picked. I missed out on several guys I wanted as my RB2 by a couple picks (Bradshaw & Lynch for sure). Ingram is a boom/bust RB1. He is in a great offense but also has competition for carries/catches and the Saints may not commit to the run. Spiller would be better as a RB3, but I have to think the Bills commit to getting him the ball more this year and that likely leads to a decent number of receptions so PPR may fit him well. Michael Bush is unspectacular, but I don't trust McFadden to stay healthy so I think Bush could have some big games unless the rookies steals carries. Bernard Scott should see 3rd down duty and likely some additional carries. Decent RB4 although I hoped for one of Helu or D. Carter at that pick as they have more upside. This position could cause me problems.

WR: Santonio Holmes put up solid numbers last year considering that he was in a new offense and missed the first 4 weeks. I think he improves this year and ends up around WR 12-15. Austin Collie was putting up huge numbers when not concussed last year. I felt like in a league like this I have to take some gambles so I took him hoping that he can stat healthy as he will be targeted often if on the field. Santana Moss should be able to squeeze out another year although if he stays in Washington, the QB situation is a concern. I like the upside of Greg Little and Jacoby Jones to have some big games. Both will likely be inconsistent, but in best ball format I think they can help. I think this WR group can be above average unless Collie gets knocked out.

TE: Dallas Clark will get a ton of targets and between him & Collie I have the inside receivers that see the most targets locked up for the Colts. I think he gets healthy and catch 90+ balls. Shockey may be the best receiver on the Panthers and should get several targets from teh young QB's. Injuries are a concern.

Def: I wanted to get a solid one and I love the Giants pass rush and hope that generates turnovers.

K: I hate kickers, but at least I have two with different by weeks that I think should have relatively secure jobs.

This is my first time doing one of these survivor drafts so I am curious to see where I end up. I took some risk on young guys with upside where I missed out on proven vets. I started QB/TE not necessarily by plan, but rather all the RB's I would have taken in the first round were gone when I took Vick and the WR's I really liked were gone when it got to me in the second. I did get burned a bit at RB where they seemed to go a bit earlier here than the other 3 drafts allowing the QB's & TE's which I already had to fall a bit further. QB/TE should be a strength. WR I think will be solid and the key will be if I can get any consistent production at RB.

Feel free to tear into it.

Unlike LHUCKS, this team will compete.
I feel a sig bet is coming on...squirt.
Squirt? Check yourself. While I don't like to shy away from competition, I would prefer to have no association with you. I haven't paid much attention to your posts in the shark pool until this draft, but I can't help but notice that you are the worst kind of poster. You bring the horrible combination of strong opinion and minimal knowledge, and you do it in mass quantities. The cherry to top it off is that quite a few of your topics are clearly fishing attempts.So I decline your bet until you change your ways.
:goodposting:

Draft Spot 11 - Go PackQB: Michael Vick QB1 (7)QB: Tim Tebow QB20 (6) RB: Mark Ingram RB16 (11)RB: CJ Spiller RB34 (7)RB: Michael Bush RB44 (8) RB: Bernard Scott RB52 (7)WR: Santonio Holmes WR19 (8)WR: Austin Collie WR24 (11)WR: Santana Moss WR39 (5) WR: Greg Little WR 48 (5)WR: Jacoby Jones WR67 (11)TE: Dallas Clark TE2 (11)TE: Jeremy Shockey TE28 (9)DEF: N.Y. Giants Defense DEF5 (7)K: Robbie Gould PK9 (8)QB: Vick dominated from a FF perspective last year and should put up great numbers again in that offense if he can stay healthy. I grabbed Tebow because the RB's I wanted there were gone and no WR's stood out. I thought he has by far the most upside of the QB's left at that point so decided to grab my QB2 there. I think this combo has the potential to put up huge points but does carry some high injury riskRB: This is my weakness but there never seemd to be value at RB when I picked. I missed out on several guys I wanted as my RB2 by a couple picks (Bradshaw & Lynch for sure). Ingram is a boom/bust RB1. He is in a great offense but also has competition for carries/catches and the Saints may not commit to the run. Spiller would be better as a RB3, but I have to think the Bills commit to getting him the ball more this year and that likely leads to a decent number of receptions so PPR may fit him well. Michael Bush is unspectacular, but I don't trust McFadden to stay healthy so I think Bush could have some big games unless the rookies steals carries. Bernard Scott should see 3rd down duty and likely some additional carries. Decent RB4 although I hoped for one of Helu or D. Carter at that pick as they have more upside. This position could cause me problems.WR: Santonio Holmes put up solid numbers last year considering that he was in a new offense and missed the first 4 weeks. I think he improves this year and ends up around WR 12-15. Austin Collie was putting up huge numbers when not concussed last year. I felt like in a league like this I have to take some gambles so I took him hoping that he can stat healthy as he will be targeted often if on the field. Santana Moss should be able to squeeze out another year although if he stays in Washington, the QB situation is a concern. I like the upside of Greg Little and Jacoby Jones to have some big games. Both will likely be inconsistent, but in best ball format I think they can help. I think this WR group can be above average unless Collie gets knocked out.TE: Dallas Clark will get a ton of targets and between him & Collie I have the inside receivers that see the most targets locked up for the Colts. I think he gets healthy and catch 90+ balls. Shockey may be the best receiver on the Panthers and should get several targets from teh young QB's. Injuries are a concern.Def: I wanted to get a solid one and I love the Giants pass rush and hope that generates turnovers.K: I hate kickers, but at least I have one in GouldThis is my first time doing one of these survivor drafts so I am curious to see where I end up. I took some risk on young guys with upside where I missed out on proven vets. I started QB/TE not necessarily by plan, but rather all the RB's I would have taken in the first round were gone when I took Vick and the WR's I really liked were gone when it got to me in the second. I did get burned a bit at RB where they seemed to go a bit earlier here than the other 3 drafts allowing the QB's & TE's which I already had to fall a bit further. QB/TE should be a strength. WR I think will be solid and the key will be if I can get any consistent production at RB.Feel free to tear into it.
I really like this team as a contender. Tebow is the perfect match for Vick in this format. RBs are weak on paper but are the type that could break out for a huge season. WRs will depend on Collie...is he a WR1 like last year or will he be missing time. Moss is alwyas overlooked in these leagues. TE will be a huge strength.You have all the keys for a title if things fall right.

QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

DEF - Saints (11)

PK1 - Crosby (8)

PK2 - Gostkowski (7)

Championship
QB: B- with limited upside and virtually no downside.RB: B with huge upside and some downside risk.

WR: B- I Wayne offers value and BMW is great in this format. Bess is a good compliment. I graded you down because week 6 will hurt and Moss is a ?. Floyd was a solid pick. If Moss gives you anything I can see this groupl working well in this format.

TE: D- you'll be giving up ground to most of the league here.

PK: A+

D: C assuming you add another.

Solid enough team to last for quite awhile. I don't see a title as likely because someone will steam roll you at QB/TE late in the year. You'll need some of the teams that go deep to have injuries to be able to hang with them.

Draft Spot 6 - Jackal King

QB: Philip Rivers QB6 - rd 2 - wk 6

QB: Cam Newton QB24 - rd 8 - wk 9

I'm content with my QB's. I knew I wanted one of the top 6. Was happy Rivers made it to 2.11.

Had I gone for RB or WR here...I'd have been left with Schaub or Ben. Too much of a drop for my taste.

Will look to pick up Volek in round 18 to hedge my Cam gamble.

RB: LeSean McCoy RB6 - rd 1 - wk 7

RB: Ryan Torain RB29 - rd 6 - wk 5

RB: Fred Jackson RB33 - rd 7 - wk 7

RB: Thomas Jones RB53 - rd 12 - wk 6

I'm sure others will disagree, but I see my RB's as a strength. I think McCoy will be an anchor.

Torain and Jackson have some risk...but I think both are good values for round 6 and 7.

And...Thomas Jones still has gas in the tank. 245 carries last year. I'll take him as RB4.

WR: DeSean Jackson WR12 - rd 3 - wk 7

WR: Anquan Boldin WR20 - rd 4 - wk 5

WR: Lee Evans WR45 - rd 9 - wk 7

WR: Mark Clayton WR54 - rd 10 - wk 5

WR: Danario Alexander WR64 - rd 13 - wk 5

Wishing I was a bit stronger here...and wishing for more diversity in the bye weeks.

I probably should have gone Mike Wallace in the third and avoided my RB1 and WR1 byes on the same week.

As long as Bolden, Evans or the Rams give me WR2 production, my WR's may be "good enough".

TE: Owen Daniels TE8 - rd 5 - wk 11

TE: Vicenthe Shianco TE26 - rd 11 - wk 9

With the big 4 TE's all gone after the second round, round 5 looked like my TE round.

Miller went at the top of the 5th...but after him...Daniels was on the top of my board.

If he stays healthy...he's a top 5 TE. Easy. Defenses keyed on Foster and Johnson will leave huge gains underneath for Daniels.

DEF: Miami Dolphins DEF19 - rd 14 - wk 5

As others have said...just give me a defense other than Jax.

Overall...a competetive team. No glaring weaknesses.
QB: B+ Cam will play and his running stats will help. Volek would be a wasted pick on a thin roster.RB: B Abvoe average RB 1, below average RB2, above average RB3, solid RB4.

WR: C+ You'll be middle of the pack with this group. Bumping you up to a C+ based on Boldin coming on and you hitting on something in STL.

TE: C Middle of the road TE1 and TE2 both with significant risk.

FYI - The draft clock for Sat thru Mon will be increased to 1.5x

8 hr clock becomes 12 hr

2 hr clock becomes 3 hr

QB: B+ Cam will play and his running stats will help. Volek would be a wasted pick on a thin roster.
You would rather have Phillip Rivers and Cam Newton than Bradford and Schaub??
Rivers and Newton.Last year Rivers outscored the Schuab/Bradford 8 of 16 weeks - push.Last year Rivers scored 423 (included Clausen's 11 pts in wk 10 for River's bye) v. S/B total of 404 - advantage Rivers.Last year posted 20 or more points in 12 wks v. 12 for the S/B combo - push.Last year adding Bradford to Schaub netted you 6 (wk 1) + 2 (3) + 3 (4) + 21 (7 Schaub bye) + 9 (8) + 5 (11) + 13 (12) + 2 (16). Tossing out the bye week, that's only 40 pts Bradford added over 15 weeks.Bradford should improve but adding Newton to the equation should offset this.Just for discussion, Bradford would have helped River's by 32 points (excluding bye) and Schaub would have helped Rivers by 54 pts.Adding that second QB when your primary doesn't get hurt usually doesn't add many points. I did this excerise earlier for addig Flacco to Brees and as I recall Flacco improved the total by 15 points.Anyway, that's why you got a B- (4-5 teams will outscore you) and he got a B+ (2-3 teams will outscore him). A B- is a high grade in my book.

QB: B+ Cam will play and his running stats will help. Volek would be a wasted pick on a thin roster.
Rivers and Newton.Last year Rivers outscored the Schuab/Bradford 8 of 16 weeks - push.Last year Rivers scored 423 (included Clausen's 11 pts in wk 10 for River's bye) v. S/B total of 404 - advantage Rivers.Last year posted 20 or more points in 12 wks v. 12 for the S/B combo - push.Last year adding Bradford to Schaub netted you 6 (wk 1) + 2 (3) + 3 (4) + 21 (7 Schaub bye) + 9 (8) + 5 (11) + 13 (12) + 2 (16). Tossing out the bye week, that's only 40 pts Bradford added over 15 weeks.Bradford should improve but adding Newton to the equation should offset this.Just for discussion, Bradford would have helped River's by 32 points (excluding bye) and Schaub would have helped Rivers by 54 pts.Adding that second QB when your primary doesn't get hurt usually doesn't add many points. I did this excerise earlier for addig Flacco to Brees and as I recall Flacco improved the total by 15 points.Anyway, that's why you got a B- (4-5 teams will outscore you) and he got a B+ (2-3 teams will outscore him). A B- is a high grade in my book.
:goodposting: , even though I disagreeI expect a jump up in Bradford's numbers so that would be the primary difference. I'm also more cautions about Cam's effectiveness in year one. I'd feel a lot more confident without a lockout.

I disagree, I would much rather have Bradford and Schaub as a duo compared to Rivers and Newton. I think your logic is faulty at best. Your lucky if Newton will help 1 or 2 weeks this year, Panthers are a very bad team. Where as Bradford could easly help out half the scoring weeks. You are way underestimating Bradfords value in my opinion.

QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)RB1 - Frank Gore (7)RB2 - Jonathan Stewart(9)RB3 - Roy Helu (5)WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)WR2 - Mike Williams (sea)(6)WR3 - Davone Bess (5)WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)WR5 - Randy Moss (6)WR6 - Nate Washington(6)TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)TE2 - Anthony Fasano (5)DEF - Saints (11)DEF - Chiefs (6)PK1 - Crosby (8)PK2 - Gostkowski (7)

BassNBrew...care to comment on my team? Just curious how you would rate them thus far:

QB: Drew Brees QB5

QB: Carson Palmer QB30

QB: Christian Ponder QB33

Obviously I am hoping that Palmer comes back somewhere, although I really only need him for a week or 2. Ponder was for the possibility that he does not return. Brees' bye is week 11, so I figure even if Ponder does not start the season, he may be playing by that time. Could be bad news if I am alive that late with no QB though.

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew RB7

RB: DeAngelo Williams RB22

RB: Beanie Wells RB39

RB: Tim Hightower RB60

Picked up the Hightower option to cover one more base in ARI. Word sounds like they are going with Beanie as their starter this season, but Hightower did average 4.8 YPC there last season, so you never know. MJD and D-Will I expect to carry my squad as far as RBs go.

WR: Brandon Marshall WR13

WR: Brandon Lloyd WR23

WR: Anthony Armstrong WR46

WR: Robert Meachem WR53

WR: Jerrico Cotchery WR72

My thinnest area by far, although I look for Marshall to get 100 receptions (he got 86 in only 14 games last season, so he was on pace for 100, plus another year in the system does not hurt).

Lloyd was just as good with Tebow as Orton last year, so the QB does not worry me, although the coaching change does a little. Still, there were some good WRs in CAR under Fox, and some years even 2.

Armstrong I look to build on his NICE rookie year, and if Moss is gone, I expect him to see even more targets.

Meachem should be good for 4-5 good games at least - he got that last season even when injured.

Cotchery I think could be the steal of the draft. He has averaged in the 70s for catches every season except last, when he was demoted to WR3 and was also injured. Now, he is healthy, and figures to be back in the starting lineup with one of the big 2 WRs not to be re-signed.

TE: Dustin Keller TE12

TE: Marcedes Lewis TE14

I went late here, but I think I got two quality guys. Keller was great in the first 4 games last year before Santonio joined the team - I expect him to receive a lot of those looks that would have gone to whomever is not there.

Lewis Obviously had a career year last season, but with MSW gone, he has even less competition in the passing game than he did before. Great Red-zone target.

DEF: Chicago Bears Defense DEF14

I look for Chicago to well outperform their 14th selection here, although not as many special teams TDs with the new kickoff rules.

I will be picking up another DEF in the next round or two, although there are only a few left.

PK: Neil Rackers PK7

A top-3 kicker in my eyes. Can't do much better than that. I will also pick a backup in the next few rounds.

:goodposting: , even though I disagreeI expect a jump up in Bradford's numbers so that would be the primary difference. I'm also more cautions about Cam's effectiveness in year one. I'd feel a lot more confident without a lockout.
Bradford would need to make a huge jump to close the difference. I don't have my calculations in front of me, but if Bradford had one more touchdown in every game last year, that would represent 380 v. 284 pts. Of those 96 points, you would have only garnered 60 of them. Basically you're only getting a 60% return on his improvement. This percentage drops as you drop the improvement calculation.If your QBs outproduce his it will likely be due to these reasons in order...1. Rivers' production drops.2. Schuab's production increases.3. Bradford's numbers improve.4. Newtow doesn't do much.Regarding Newton: I see some Tebow like games during the year. He could post some nice weeks base on his rushing. Carolina will be getting steam-rolled as they have a tough schedule so garbage time points are possible.

I disagree, I would much rather have Bradford and Schaub as a duo compared to Rivers and Newton. I think your logic is faulty at best. Your lucky if Newton will help 1 or 2 weeks this year, Panthers are a very bad team. Where as Bradford could easly help out half the scoring weeks. You are way underestimating Bradfords value in my opinion.
Please provide details where my logic is faulty. Everytime I run the numbers, the second QB is marginalized. At QB, a stud and a dog getting reps always out performs two average to slightly above average qbs.Some thoughts...1. If Bradford helps out in half the scoring weeks, then Schaub was drafted too high.2. QB is a unique position. A bad week for good QBs is 200 yd and 1 td. When your base is 16 pts it's hard for a backup to be a big contributor. Much easier to shut down a WR/TE and then RB in these leagues. Even when you have a stud like Foster or AJ from last year, your backup has another roster spot or two to shoot at surpassing.3. Newton's role should only be 1-2 weeks given where Rivers was drafted and his past performance.

BassNBrew...care to comment on my team? Just curious how you would rate them thus far:QB: Drew Brees QB5QB: Carson Palmer QB30QB: Christian Ponder QB33Obviously I am hoping that Palmer comes back somewhere, although I really only need him for a week or 2. Ponder was for the possibility that he does not return. Brees' bye is week 11, so I figure even if Ponder does not start the season, he may be playing by that time. Could be bad news if I am alive that late with no QB though.RB: Maurice Jones-Drew RB7RB: DeAngelo Williams RB22RB: Beanie Wells RB39RB: Tim Hightower RB60Picked up the Hightower option to cover one more base in ARI. Word sounds like they are going with Beanie as their starter this season, but Hightower did average 4.8 YPC there last season, so you never know. MJD and D-Will I expect to carry my squad as far as RBs go.WR: Brandon Marshall WR13WR: Brandon Lloyd WR23WR: Anthony Armstrong WR46WR: Robert Meachem WR53WR: Jerrico Cotchery WR72My thinnest area by far, although I look for Marshall to get 100 receptions (he got 86 in only 14 games last season, so he was on pace for 100, plus another year in the system does not hurt). Lloyd was just as good with Tebow as Orton last year, so the QB does not worry me, although the coaching change does a little. Still, there were some good WRs in CAR under Fox, and some years even 2. Armstrong I look to build on his NICE rookie year, and if Moss is gone, I expect him to see even more targets. Meachem should be good for 4-5 good games at least - he got that last season even when injured.Cotchery I think could be the steal of the draft. He has averaged in the 70s for catches every season except last, when he was demoted to WR3 and was also injured. Now, he is healthy, and figures to be back in the starting lineup with one of the big 2 WRs not to be re-signed.TE: Dustin Keller TE12TE: Marcedes Lewis TE14I went late here, but I think I got two quality guys. Keller was great in the first 4 games last year before Santonio joined the team - I expect him to receive a lot of those looks that would have gone to whomever is not there.Lewis Obviously had a career year last season, but with MSW gone, he has even less competition in the passing game than he did before. Great Red-zone target.DEF: Chicago Bears Defense DEF14I look for Chicago to well outperform their 14th selection here, although not as many special teams TDs with the new kickoff rules.I will be picking up another DEF in the next round or two, although there are only a few left.PK: Neil Rackers PK7A top-3 kicker in my eyes. Can't do much better than that. I will also pick a backup in the next few rounds.
Brees at QB5 is a great pick and/or good fortune. Don't agree with the selection of both Ponder and Palmer. I think you had the right idea but should have taken Ponder only. You're going to miss that extra roster spot. Grade B. Note that I made the same mistake in SSL2. Saw huge value in Orton in round 13 or so so I took him as a 3rd QB. In hindsight I should have passed on Newton in the 8th.Assuming MJD is back in force I think you have two RB1 on your roster. The Arizona duo should pick up any missing slack. YOu probably fall in the B+ range.Marshall and Lloyd keep you in the upper have of the league. I think you're real spotty at WR3. You could be tossed on weeks where your top two don't net tds. Grade C+Lewis appears to be a big value and I liked him enough to acquire him. Hopefully we're not looking at fool's gold. Pretty much middle of the pack production here so grade C.I think you got great value for your PK and Def selections. Not sure why Chicago went that late.Overall you have the components to be a contender but are just as likely to be that team that falls early even though they end up being a top half total point producer. If you have the option, you need to shore up the WR corps at roll the dice at pk/d.

Rivers and Newton.Last year Rivers outscored the Schuab/Bradford 8 of 16 weeks - push.

Last year Rivers scored 423 (included Clausen's 11 pts in wk 10 for River's bye) v. S/B total of 404 - advantage Rivers.

Last year posted 20 or more points in 12 wks v. 12 for the S/B combo - push.

Last year adding Bradford to Schaub netted you 6 (wk 1) + 2 (3) + 3 (4) + 21 (7 Schaub bye) + 9 (8) + 5 (11) + 13 (12) + 2 (16). Tossing out the bye week, that's only 40 pts Bradford added over 15 weeks.

Bradford should improve but adding Newton to the equation should offset this.

Just for discussion, Bradford would have helped River's by 32 points (excluding bye) and Schaub would have helped Rivers by 54 pts.

Adding that second QB when your primary doesn't get hurt usually doesn't add many points. I did this excerise earlier for addig Flacco to Brees and as I recall Flacco improved the total by 15 points.

Anyway, that's why you got a B- (4-5 teams will outscore you) and he got a B+ (2-3 teams will outscore him). A B- is a high grade in my book.
Please provide details where my logic is faulty. Everytime I run the numbers, the second QB is marginalized. At QB, a stud and a dog getting reps always out performs two average to slightly above average qbs.Some thoughts...

1. If Bradford helps out in half the scoring weeks, then Schaub was drafted too high.

2. QB is a unique position. A bad week for good QBs is 200 yd and 1 td. When your base is 16 pts it's hard for a backup to be a big contributor. Much easier to shut down a WR/TE and then RB in these leagues. Even when you have a stud like Foster or AJ from last year, your backup has another roster spot or two to shoot at surpassing.

3. Newton's role should only be 1-2 weeks given where Rivers was drafted and his past performance.
To answer number 1. Not necessarily. Bradford and Schaub could both be playing at a high level and they switch off back and forth each week, giving a person a damn good score each week. Plus I would rather have Bradford covering my main QB's bye week over a rookie QB on a bad team in a lockout year.

Users who are viewing this thread