What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

To answer number 1. Not necessarily. Bradford and Schaub could both be playing at a high level and they switch off back and forth each week, giving a person a damn good score each week. Plus I would rather have Bradford covering my main QB's bye week over a rookie QB on a bad team in a lockout year.
Bye weeks usually aren't an issue for championships teams at QB. There are exceptions, but the top scoring teams for the year generally advance. Those that get tripped up are more likely to be banished before the byes. I'd rather get the upgrade at WR for the entire year then the upgrade for a bye week plus a few other weeks.

To answer number 1. Not necessarily. Bradford and Schaub could both be playing at a high level and they switch off back and forth each week, giving a person a damn good score each week. Plus I would rather have Bradford covering my main QB's bye week over a rookie QB on a bad team in a lockout year.
Bye weeks usually aren't an issue for championships teams at QB. There are exceptions, but the top scoring teams for the year generally advance. Those that get tripped up are more likely to be banished before the byes. I'd rather get the upgrade at WR for the entire year then the upgrade for a bye week plus a few other weeks.
The question was who would I rather have if I had to choose between those two set of QB's, too me the simple answer is Schaub and Bradford, they beat out the combo of Rivers and Newton hands down IMO. That being said if I had drafted Schaub I would have waited on my backup and used that pick somewhere else instead of Bradford. But that wasn't the question I was answering I was simply answering that I like the combo of Schaub and Bradford better.

'krsone21 said:
'BassNBrew said:
'krsone21 said:
The question was who would I rather have if I had to choose between those two set of QB's, too me the simple answer is Schaub and Bradford, they beat out the combo of Rivers and Newton hands down IMO. That being said if I had drafted Schaub I would have waited on my backup and used that pick somewhere else instead of Bradford. But that wasn't the question I was answering I was simply answering that I like the combo of Schaub and Bradford better.
Last year they couldn't beat out Rivers flying solo. Assuming Rivers and Schaub remain constant, Bradford will need to approach 30 tds this year and Newton will have to be on the pine.

'krsone21 said:
'BassNBrew said:
'krsone21 said:
Last year they couldn't beat out Rivers flying solo. Assuming Rivers and Schaub remain constant, Bradford will need to approach 30 tds this year and Newton will have to be on the pine.
That there is where the problem lies. This isn't about last year. A person has to project out for this year. A person can't look back, a person has to look forward. Most people are looking for a huge leap for Bradford. Bradford on a much better team with much better weapsons with a offensive coordinator that seems to get the most out of his QB's equeals a possible huge leap in production. I have a sneaky feeling that Bradford alone is going to be real close to Rivers production this year. Schaub>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Newton. Yea, give me Bradford,Schaub over Rivers,Newton for this year.

'krsone21 said:
'BassNBrew said:
'krsone21 said:
That there is where the problem lies. This isn't about last year. A person has to project out for this year. A person can't look back, a person has to look forward. Most people are looking for a huge leap for Bradford. Bradford on a much better team with much better weapsons with a offensive coordinator that seems to get the most out of his QB's equeals a possible huge leap in production. I have a sneaky feeling that Bradford alone is going to be real close to Rivers production this year. Schaub>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Newton. Yea, give me Bradford,Schaub over Rivers,Newton for this year.
Its a weird year where anything can happen, at the most sacred position in fantasy football with QB, its important to minimize risk when you are taking so much elsewhere in a lockout season.I'll take a superstar in Rivers who plays every game and has been performing every year, and a chump to fill in for one week, over an ok QB that your not sure what you'll get and a second year qb with he same thoughts. I personally think Rivers plays in a weaker division with better weapons. I'll take Rivers/Scrub over Schaub/Bradford.When you watch the games Sunday, and you need points, do you feel better with Rivers and Newton or Schaub and Bradford?I like Rivers, cuz I know he will throw it...A LOT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think debating QB's in this format is maybe missing the point. I saw 6 QB's in the draft as so much better than the others, that you could puush your QB2 pick in favor of starters.

Schaub / Bradford is a great pairing, but they cost a 3 and a 5. I think that high of an inestment has to put the rest of the roster at a bit of a disadvantage.

But, two thirds of the league are in that camp.

I agree with those that think bradford might be the lead dog in that combo.

'BassNBrew said:
Brees at QB5 is a great pick and/or good fortune. Don't agree with the selection of both Ponder and Palmer. I think you had the right idea but should have taken Ponder only. You're going to miss that extra roster spot. Grade B. Note that I made the same mistake in SSL2. Saw huge value in Orton in round 13 or so so I took him as a 3rd QB. In hindsight I should have passed on Newton in the 8th.Assuming MJD is back in force I think you have two RB1 on your roster. The Arizona duo should pick up any missing slack. YOu probably fall in the B+ range.Marshall and Lloyd keep you in the upper have of the league. I think you're real spotty at WR3. You could be tossed on weeks where your top two don't net tds. Grade C+Lewis appears to be a big value and I liked him enough to acquire him. Hopefully we're not looking at fool's gold. Pretty much middle of the pack production here so grade C.I think you got great value for your PK and Def selections. Not sure why Chicago went that late.Overall you have the components to be a contender but are just as likely to be that team that falls early even though they end up being a top half total point producer. If you have the option, you need to shore up the WR corps at roll the dice at pk/d.
Thank you for the critique. This is the first Survivor league that I have participated in ever, so I kinda went into it blind. In retrospect, waiting as long as I did on my QB2 cost me a roster spot, and I think that WR3 may be a problem area as well.Still, definitely a fun process, and hopefully I can finish in the top-12 so that I can stay alive for next season.Is that how it works? The top-4 move up to the next division, the middle 8 stay here, and the bottom 4 drop out?

Schaub / Bradford is a great pairing, but they cost a 3 and a 5. I think that high of an inestment has to put the rest of the roster at a bit of a disadvantage.

But, two thirds of the league are in that camp.
exactlyIf you want two solid QBs you have to go early...at least I waited until the third when all of the stud RBs/WRs/TEs had gone.

This year there was even greater emphasis on getting two QBs because of the free agency uncertainty...normally I don't go QB in rounds 3 and 5, but this year was different because of the lockout.

At the end of the day I believe I structured my team so that the QB costs wont have an impact on the other positions.

We shall see.

OK, my draft is over so I will give a little more analysis than the :yucky: I was giving myself throughout the draft

Draft Spot 15 - snellman

QB: Tom Brady QB4

QB: Matt Cassel QB19

RB: Michael Turner RB12

RB: LeGarrette Blount RB19

RB: Shane Vereen RB38

RB: Delone Carter RB49

WR: Dez Bryant WR16

WR: Percy Harvin WR27

WR: Donald Driver WR50

WR: Derek Mason WR51

WR: Mike Sims-Walker WR60

WR: Erick Decker WR70

TE: Aaron Hernandez TE16

TE: Kyle Rudolph

DEF: Tampa Bay DEF17

DEF: Indianapolis Colts DEF25

K: Ryan Longwell

K: Joe Nedney

I came into this draft late as a replacement and while I like the spot, I would have changed it up had I started from the beginning. Turner was good value at 15, but there is no way I would have went Brady and Bryant that early. Brady went before Rivers and Brees. Cassel was just a late flyer at backup QB. I am not high on Bryant at all. I ended up scrambling to fill holes as runs were going on at other positions, so I was left very thin at TE especially. That said I think my RBs turned out OK if one or 2 of them can hit and put up decent numbers. I have a couple old guys on my WR corp in Driver and Mason, but if I can get one more year of decent production out of them they will be a great value where I got them. Harvin is a wild card with the QB situation in MN, but I think if Ponder starts the year that will help him more than hurt because there will be a lot of short passes if they can keep him in the slot and move him around. My TEs are :yucky: but I hurt myself by waiting too long to get in the run because I was trying to shore up my other positions. K and D are well, K and D. Overall, who knows how this team will turn out if and when football is finally played, but I had a lot of fun doing this and will definitely do it again.

(8) Aaron Rodgers QB2

(6) Matt Hasselback QB26

I have a strong QB 1 in Rodgers so that allowed me to wait on QB 2. I finally grabbed Hasselbeck, I figure he will probably go back to Seattle so as long as he can stay healthy and hold down the Starting gig atleast until week 8 I should be good to go because Rodgers will be my scoring QB most weeks.

(5) Felix Jones RB26

(11) Joseph Addai RB28

(9) Mikell LeShoure RB35

(8) Jacquizz Rodgers RB51

Waited a while to get my RB's which will probably come back to haunt me. Not real excited about this group. Also not excited about having 2 rookies at the position especially considering the lockout but RB's do seem to pick things up quicker then any other position so hopefully they are ready to help during bye weeks.

(6) Larry Fitzgerald WR4

(7) Jeremy Maclin WR18

(8) Braylon Edwards WR38

(9) Jason Hill WR68

(7) Josh Morgan WR77

(5) Roy Williams WR80

I like my WR's especially my top 3 WR's. They should be my top scorers for me most weeks at the position only needing my backups on occasion for bye week fillers.

(7) Vernon Davis TE5

(5) Lance Kendricks TE27

I really like my TE's. I see Vernon Davis easly being in the top 5 for the position maybe as high as number 2 at the position. Since I drafted a strong TE 1 early I waited on my backup TE and went with the rookie Kendricks. I have been hearing good things about the rookie and I think if/when the season starts he can help me during Davis's bye week.

(8) Packers D DEF2

(7) New England Patriots DEF6

I usually don't grab Defenses this early, that's probably because I'm usually at the wrong end of the defensive team runs. For a change I thought I would grab two good ones and see how it plays out.

(6) Olindo Mare PK24

(9) John Kasay PK27

I got two kickers. After the top 3 or 4 kickers I don't see the point of taking them early so I waited until the last couple of rounds and just grabbed two of them.

This team is ok, probably in the middle of the pack due mostly to my RB's. I waited a while to get my RB's which will probably come back to haunt me. I have no major bye week issues. I was able to spread out the bye weeks evenly for the most part so I don't have a lot of people on bye during one particular week. I especially paid close attention to bye weeks within in each position so that way I would have as many people as possible helping out each week.

Qb Mak Sanchez

Qb Colt McCoy

Rb Darren McFadden

Rb Ahmed Bradshaw

Rb Brandon Jacobs

Rb D Murray

WR Roddy White

WR Mike Williams TB

WR Jacoby Ford

WR David Nelson

WR Ben Obomanu

WR Jabar Gaffney

TE Rob Gronkowski

TE Heath Miller

Kicker: Nate Kaeding

Kicker: David Akers

Defense: Detroit Lions

Defense: Seattle Seahawks

Ghost of Bill Walsh- Pick 16

QB- Peyton Manning, Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick

Manning will have to carry my QB's. He has a week 11 bye which helps. Smith & Kaepernick are basically fodder. Maybe one can cover Manning's bye.

RB-K.Moreno,J.Starks,M.Hardesty,D.Brown,R.Jennings

Weekest part of my team. Didn't get a rb until the 4th which left me trying to catchup. Need some luck for this squad to contribute. Could cause my early exit. I look for Starks to work hard and claim the starter job. Same with Hardesty. Stay healthy and get at least 100 carries.

WR-M.Colston,K.Britt,M.Crabtree,D.Gettis,M.Easley

First 3 aren't too bad but Britt needs a QB & his Shiot together. Waiting for Crabby to bust out, it's year 3. Swung for the fences on the next 2. I think Gettis will be the # 2 and get average production. Buffalo players are talking about Easley being a 'Beast'. If he stays healthy I think he's gonna be a nice surprise sleeper that comes outta nowhere.

TE- A.Gates, G.Olsen

Got IMO the #1 TE and in this format should do pretty good. Olsen has a lot of guys to compete with for catches. Here again Gates will have to carry my TE's

PK- Vinatieri- week 11 bye so I felt I only need 1 if I make it that far.

DEF/ST- PHI. Eagles- I think they get Nmandi and end up a top 5 D.

TiTans- Bye week filler and hope for the best.

Don't think I'll go out too early if my squad gets some luck. There's several other teams that I really like with a shot to win it. Not thrilled with my squad but if a couple of guys step up I could make it interesting. First time drafting from the 16 spot so I learned a lot.

Overall grade-C. we all know though that lower seeded playoff teams get on a run and win it all. Could happen if the fantasy gods are with me. Good luck to all of you.

(8) Aaron Rodgers QB2

(6) Matt Hasselback QB26

I have a strong QB 1 in Rodgers so that allowed me to wait on QB 2. I finally grabbed Hasselbeck, I figure he will probably go back to Seattle so as long as he can stay healthy and hold down the Starting gig atleast until week 8 I should be good to go because Rodgers will be my scoring QB most weeks.
Rodgers is awesome obviously, but the uncertainty of Hasselbeck adds some risk.
(5) Felix Jones RB26

(11) Joseph Addai RB28

(9) Mikell LeShoure RB35

(8) Jacquizz Rodgers RB51

Waited a while to get my RB's which will probably come back to haunt me. Not real excited about this group. Also not excited about having 2 rookies at the position especially considering the lockout but RB's do seem to pick things up quicker then any other position so hopefully they are ready to help during bye weeks.
Likely one of the worst RB groups in the league. You'll need two of these players to surpass expectations in order to be a contender. A textbook example of the problem you have when you go QB early instead of stud RB.
(6) Larry Fitzgerald WR4

(7) Jeremy Maclin WR18

(8) Braylon Edwards WR38

(9) Jason Hill WR68

(7) Josh Morgan WR77

(5) Roy Williams WR80

I like my WR's especially my top 3 WR's. They should be my top scorers for me most weeks at the position only needing my backups on occasion for bye week fillers.
Pretty good...Josh Morgan may be the savior of your depth. Not a huge fan of Hill or Roy so this team could strugge with depth.

(7) Vernon Davis TE5

(5) Lance Kendricks TE27

I really like my TE's. I see Vernon Davis easly being in the top 5 for the position maybe as high as number 2 at the position. Since I drafted a strong TE 1 early I waited on my backup TE and went with the rookie Kendricks. I have been hearing good things about the rookie and I think if/when the season starts he can help me during Davis's bye week.
Solid group, I like Kendricks to outperform his draft position.
This team is ok, probably in the middle of the pack due mostly to my RB's. I waited a while to get my RB's which will probably come back to haunt me. I have no major bye week issues. I was able to spread out the bye weeks evenly for the most part so I don't have a lot of people on bye during one particular week. I especially paid close attention to bye weeks within in each position so that way I would have as many people as possible helping out each week.
I would agree this is a middle of the pack team. Grade = C+

QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

I love this pairing...a great shot to finish top 3 in QB scoring

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB2 - Jonathan Stewart(9)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

Shallow by design so I could load up at WR. Gore and Stewart have top 5 RB upside and Helu will prove to be the best pick of this draft. I'll say that one more time. Helu will prove to be the best pick of this draft. Thanks for the gift. I may have considered a #4 RB but the runningbacks were going way too early in this draft...there was no value to be had(except for Helu of course.) There is admittedly some injury risk here. Also, I almost drafted Reggie Bush instead of Moss so I may regret that...Moss may have been around one more round. If I can avoid injury this could be the top scoring RB group in the league.

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR2 - Mike Williams (sea)(6)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

WR6 - Nate Washington(6)

WR7 - Brandon LaFell (9)

Was planning to go 7 deep all along. This is a nice mix of safety net players like Bess and Washington, combined with high upside guys like LaFell and Moss. This group could finish as the top WR scoring team in the leage. I'll only have 3 WRs in week 6, but you'll notice I have no other week 6 byes at the player positions so I'll get through week 6 just fine.

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

TE2 - Anthony Fasano (5)

I have Winslow ranked as my #5TE and expect that he'll be one of the value plays at TE this year....year two with Freeman at the helm. My plan all along was to wait on TE and nab KW in the middle rounds. People forget how talented Winslow is. Was happy to lands Fasano late in the draft as a safety net with his 40+ receptions.

DEF - Saints (11)

DEF - Chiefs (6)

Two decent Ds. I will be average here althought the Saints and Chiefs are both defenses on the rise so you never know.

PK1 - Crosby (8)

PK2 - Gostkowski (7)

The top 2 kickers on my board. I'm going to make a lot of extra points here. Add in the fact that a lot of teams are going to only have one starting kicker...this is just one more advantage for team LHUCKS

Grade = A

I like your team Lhucks but I'm a skeptic when it comes to just drafting 3 RB's.

You have Gore coming off a season ending injury, Stewart off a year most thought he'd do more with D Williams out and a solid flyer in Helu.

I'll be very interested to see how this team ends up.

Good luck.

You have Gore coming off a season ending injury
just a hip injury and Harbaugh has already used the term workhorse :pickle:
Stewart off a year most thought he'd do more with D Williams out
I think Newton will open up lanes for Stewart the same way Vick and Vince Young open up lanes for their RBs...the opposing defenses cannot just key on the primary back. In almost every situation with an elite running QB the runningbacks see a boost in YPC. I have Stewart with a top 5 ceiling this year if Williams isn't brought back.
and a solid flyer in Helu.
I don't really see him as a flyer. I see him as the best North/South RB on Shannahan's team and a player guaranteed to get a lot of touches. He was way too undervalued in these SSLs.

You have Gore coming off a season ending injury
just a hip injury and Harbaugh has already used the term workhorse :pickle:
Stewart off a year most thought he'd do more with D Williams out
I think Newton will open up lanes for Stewart the same way Vick and Vince Young open up lanes for their RBs...the opposing defenses cannot just key on the primary back. In almost every situation with an elite running QB the runningbacks see a boost in YPC. I have Stewart with a top 5 ceiling this year if Williams isn't brought back.
and a solid flyer in Helu.
I don't really see him as a flyer. I see him as the best North/South RB on Shannahan's team and a player guaranteed to get a lot of touches. He was way too undervalued in these SSLs.
Dude you just said Newton will open up lanes like Vick?You make that statement and claim to know football?Dudes a rookie on the worst team in football, but yup, he'll open up lanes for a guy who is just an average running back at this point with the team around him. He made his name coming in and getting DWills scraps. He has had some good games, but a top 5 ceiling!You give yourself an A when almost everyone gives you a C or less? :lmao:Nothing to backup his argument, just a gut feeling!Helu, undervalued? Seriously, no need to even discuss any further, lololololololol.I just remember you saying TEs are over valued, lol, and still your TEs are not the best at all.Only 3 Rbs when you have Gore, not very good at risk protection are you? That has to be the worst decision in any survivor league that I have ever seen.LHucks is talking about a late round rookie who is on Washington being undervalued, lol. Gees dude I would pay for your comedy shows, at least you have that going for you.To be honest this is the worst team, with no first round players/performers? gees that is horrible......any person who drafted this team should be ashamed that they even continue an attempt at drafting fantasy football teams. I would take Jason Witten over any player on your team and i got him late in the s2nd round after you had 2 picks.Horrible performance LHucks, with all your talk, I thought you would out perform someone, anyone....but nope!

Llucks team from outside observer

QB: I like the duo for sure and understand the logic to have 2 that can score. I think I got almost 30 per week last year in each week(Rivers, Big Ben) and had a few 40's. I used Big Ben 7 times despite him being suspended for first 5 in winning.

RB: I understand but this is what will win or lose this thing. One injury or one disappointment and it could be an early exit. This is where this team goes down in flames. I also feel Stewart is overranked and we will see on Helu but Washington is really a mess and in line for the 1st overall pick for Andrew Luck next year. I dont see any RB really being dependable there. One injury to Gore and it is possible and this team is doomed.

WR: Great depth and some nice later picks like maybe Moss. Wayne is a stud as anchor. Rest will hopefully provide 2 good weeks with 6 to choose from. It is nice unit

TE: Winslow is too injury prone and Fasano is less than avg. A weaker area but going to be when you go hard for 2 stud RB and to get 2 good QB

PK: 2 great ones but I disagree on this being a big advantage. The most points I got out of a PK last year was 17. 2nd best was 12. D I had a 28, 27 and 22. Than I had 5 more weeks with 12 or greater with gettting a great D and avg one together. I think you lose to the teams that wait on PK and get 2 but who grabbed the stud D.

I just dont see an A here. I solid B is more the grade I give but there is tons of risk

Llucks team from outside observerQB: I like the duo for sure and understand the logic to have 2 that can score. I think I got almost 30 per week last year in each week(Rivers, Big Ben) and had a few 40's. I used Big Ben 7 times despite him being suspended for first 5 in winning. RB: I understand but this is what will win or lose this thing. One injury or one disappointment and it could be an early exit. This is where this team goes down in flames. I also feel Stewart is overranked and we will see on Helu but Washington is really a mess and in line for the 1st overall pick for Andrew Luck next year. I dont see any RB really being dependable there. One injury to Gore and it is possible and this team is doomed. WR: Great depth and some nice later picks like maybe Moss. Wayne is a stud as anchor. Rest will hopefully provide 2 good weeks with 6 to choose from. It is nice unitTE: Winslow is too injury prone and Fasano is less than avg. A weaker area but going to be when you go hard for 2 stud RB and to get 2 good QBPK: 2 great ones but I disagree on this being a big advantage. The most points I got out of a PK last year was 17. 2nd best was 12. D I had a 28, 27 and 22. Than I had 5 more weeks with 12 or greater with gettting a great D and avg one together. I think you lose to the teams that wait on PK and get 2 but who grabbed the stud D.I just dont see an A here. I solid B is more the grade I give but there is tons of risk
You cant be average or above average and take 3 RBs with these situations, and not have a stud QB at the helm. Just 3 RBs, just horrible!Schaub and Bradford are servicable, but no stud by any means. They should have a few good games, but they will also have some very bad games, more then you would see with a stud QB. Only 3 RBs and one that has an injury history that worries even KiJana Carter, another that is on the worst team in football with a rookie QB, and another that is a late round rookie....just shocks me. This alone has lost him any shot to last long, let alone a title shot.At WR I like a depth, have no real problems with that, how can you? But with that depth you have cost yourself large at RB as half your WR points will be wasted while its possible you can go without good points for many many weeks.At TE its very simple, this is a 2 ppr for TEs, LHucks has been here long and still has not caught on that that is very valuable, nothing special here at all, so no bonus points.K and Def, blah...they are kickers and defense.No superstuds anywhere, nothing great by any means where points can be made at TE, only 3 RBS and one is Gore and he gets hurt like clock work...so you will be down to 2 at one point...ugh, WRs are ok but with nice depth...would anybody take this team in a league if they gave it to you? prolly not!There is no possible way this team can get anything higher then a D.

RB: I understand but this is what will win or lose this thing. One injury or one disappointment and it could be an early exit. This is where this team goes down in flames. I also feel Stewart is overranked and we will see on Helu but Washington is really a mess and in line for the 1st overall pick for Andrew Luck next year. I dont see any RB really being dependable there. One injury to Gore and it is possible and this team is doomed.
I think people are overstating the value of a #4 RB. Take a look at the #4 RBs on every other team, we're talking about longshots for the most part. Sure there is injury risk to your studs, but every team has that risk with their high draft picks. Teams that drafted Vick/Rodgers/Andre Johnson are no different...all injury risks. Drafting a longshot #4 RB is playing for 6th place, not playing for first.You have to admit there is good deal of upside with each of these three players.
TE: Winslow is too injury prone and Fasano is less than avg. A weaker area but going to be when you go hard for 2 stud RB and to get 2 good QB
Is he really injury prone?
I just dont see an A here. I solid B is more the grade I give but there is tons of risk
fair enough, we disagree mainly on the importance of a #4 RB and also on winslow, who I have ranked as the #5 TE. Thanks for the objective opinion.

I think people are overstating the value of a #4 RB. Take a look at the #4 RBs on every other team, we're talking about longshots for the most part. Sure there is injury risk to your studs, but every team has that risk with their high draft picks. Teams that drafted Vick/Rodgers/Andre Johnson are no different...all injury risks. Drafting a longshot #4 RB is playing for 6th place, not playing for first.You have to admit there is good deal of upside with each of these three players.fair enough, we disagree mainly on the importance of a #4 RB and also on winslow, who I have ranked as the #5 TE. Thanks for the objective opinion.
I think your RBs would have looked a lot better had you taken Helu as your swing for the fences #4 running back rather than your #3 or taken another swing for the fences #4 RB. If you don't hit on Helu your team can go up in smoke in a hurry, but if you have 2 RBs you have a better chance of hitting. That is just my .02

'LHUCKS said:
QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

Shallow by design so I could load up at WR. Gore and Stewart have top 5 RB upside and Helu will prove to be the best pick of this draft. I'll say that one more time. Helu will prove to be the best pick of this draft. Thanks for the gift. I may have considered a #4 RB but the runningbacks were going way too early in this draft...there was no value to be had(except for Helu of course.) There is admittedly some injury risk here. Also, I almost drafted Reggie Bush instead of Moss so I may regret that...Moss may have been around one more round. If I can avoid injury this could be the top scoring RB group in the league.

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

WR6 - Nate Washington(6)

WR7 - Brandon LaFell (9)

Was planning to go 7 deep all along. This is a nice mix of safety net players like Bess and Washington, combined with high upside guys like LaFell and Moss. This group could finish as the top WR scoring team in the leage. I'll only have 3 WRs in week 6, but you'll notice I have no other week 6 byes at the player positions so I'll get through week 6 just fine.

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

TE2 - Anthony Fasano (5)

I have Winslow ranked as my #5TE and expect that he'll be one of the value plays at TE this year....year two with Freeman at the helm. My plan all along was to wait on TE and nab KW in the middle rounds. People forget how talented Winslow is. Was happy to lands Fasano late in the draft as a safety net with his 40+ receptions.

DEF - Saints (11)

DEF - Chiefs (6)

Two decent Ds. I will be average here althought the Saints and Chiefs are both defenses on the rise so you never know.

PK1 - Crosby (8)

PK2 - Gostkowski (7)

The top 2 kickers on my board. I'm going to make a lot of extra points here. Add in the fact that a lot of teams are going to only have one starting kicker...this is just one more advantage for team LHUCKS

Grade = A
Revising for the finished product.QB: B- with limited upside and virtually no downside.

RB: B C and I'm probably being generous. Three weeks you're only posting two scores at best. I think there's a 50/50 shot that you be running with two RBs down the stretch. Serious draft error not taking a 4th back to post some points.

WR: B- A- I Wayne offers value and BMW is great in this format. Bess is a good compliment. Floyd was a solid pick. If Moss gives you anything I can see this group working well in this format. LaFell probably won't help your output especially if moss is back and contributing.

TE: D- C Average TE1 and TE2. Fasano was a good late pick up.

PK: A+

D: C B yes I bumped this group a full grade with the addition of KC. Call it a gut feeling, but I see some big weeks with return TDs from these two squads.

Overall a solid B/B+ team. I think you'll hang around into the second half of the year without too much trouble. I think you'll come up short in the end to someone else with heavier ammo at QB/TE or someone with more bullets at RB.

'LHUCKS said:
QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

WR6 - Nate Washington(6)

WR7 - Brandon LaFell (9)

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

TE2 - Anthony Fasano (5)

DEF - Saints (11)

DEF - Chiefs (6)

PK1 - Crosby (8)

PK2 - Gostkowski (7)

Grade = A
QB's- Not a bad combo. Should do ok for you.RB's- Hope 3 get you through. I'm a Niner fan so I'm looking for Gore to bounce back. Stewart will be the Panthers best player. Helu I picked up in the 2nd round of a rookie draft. Could push Torain out of the starter spot.

WR's- Not as high on them as you. Wayne your only stud. They others will help you weekly but don't see them carrying you. I think LaFell will LaFall, just my opinion, I like Gettis better there. Good depth which could help you.

TE's- KWIII will put up good numbers. Fasano a workman like TE.

PK- Good group.

DEF- Middle of the pack

I don't like to give others grades on their draft but you're probably in the upper half.

OK, my draft is over so I will give a little more analysis than the :yucky: I was giving myself throughout the draftDraft Spot 15 - snellmanQB: Tom Brady QB4QB: Matt Cassel QB19RB: Michael Turner RB12RB: LeGarrette Blount RB19RB: Shane Vereen RB38RB: Delone Carter RB49WR: Dez Bryant WR16WR: Percy Harvin WR27WR: Donald Driver WR50WR: Derek Mason WR51WR: Mike Sims-Walker WR60WR: Erick Decker WR70TE: Aaron Hernandez TE16TE: Kyle RudolphDEF: Tampa Bay DEF17 DEF: Indianapolis Colts DEF25K: Ryan LongwellK: Joe NedneyI came into this draft late as a replacement and while I like the spot, I would have changed it up had I started from the beginning. Turner was good value at 15, but there is no way I would have went Brady and Bryant that early. Brady went before Rivers and Brees. Cassel was just a late flyer at backup QB. I am not high on Bryant at all. I ended up scrambling to fill holes as runs were going on at other positions, so I was left very thin at TE especially. That said I think my RBs turned out OK if one or 2 of them can hit and put up decent numbers. I have a couple old guys on my WR corp in Driver and Mason, but if I can get one more year of decent production out of them they will be a great value where I got them. Harvin is a wild card with the QB situation in MN, but I think if Ponder starts the year that will help him more than hurt because there will be a lot of short passes if they can keep him in the slot and move him around. My TEs are :yucky: but I hurt myself by waiting too long to get in the run because I was trying to shore up my other positions. K and D are well, K and D. Overall, who knows how this team will turn out if and when football is finally played, but I had a lot of fun doing this and will definitely do it again.
Would like to hear what others think of my team.

QB: Kevin Kolb QB21 (6)

QB: Andy Dalton QB31 (7)

QB: Vince Young QB34 (?)

This is the "OH ####" part of the roster. My first year in SSL and it showed. I was pretty comfortable with no QB with my 1st three picks, and really liked the value of RB and TE in round 4 and 5. The next thing I know, I'm WAY on the wrong side of the QB run. I don't mind starting Kolb and think he'll out-perform QB #21, but I will not wait on QB's in SSL again. Since Kolb is my starting QB, I had to grab someone else with upside. I like Dalton to put up QB 20-25 numbers if he starts. Big if at this point. I decided I had to go 3 QB's and Vince Young was far and away the QB with the most upside that was left. As of right now, I have ZERO starting NFL QB's. Serviceable is all I can say. My team in SSL will go as far as my QB's can take me. Grade: D-

RB: Jamaal Charles RB5 (6)

RB: Matt Forte RB14 (8)

RB: Daniel Thomas RB23 (5)

RB: Ronnie Brown RB46 (?)

This is the position I'll be at an advantage over each team every week. I expect both Charles and Forte to have over 50 receptions in 2011. I have Forte ranked #10 at RB in PPR leagues. I normally don't like to run with rookie RB's but it's hard not to like Thomas' situation. I think he's a lock to finish top 30 and wouldn't be surprised if he finished top 20 this year. I'm expecting Miami to resign Brown as their wildcat QB. If that happens or not, I think he's solid as my 4th RB. Grade: A

WR: Vincent Jackson WR11 (?-S.D. 6)

WR: Mario Manningham WR33 (7)

WR: Jordy Nelson WR41 (8)

WR: Emmanuel Sanders WR44 (11)

WR: Danny Amendola WR58 (5)

I'm assuming Jackson will be back in S.D. and be a top 10 guy this year. Granted, some uncertainty there. I'm higher on Manningham than most. I really believe Steve Smith is going to start the year on PuP. He's only running in a pool now, and the player himself has expressed concern over the procedure. He's a long way from being ready for contact. I have Manningham ranked #25 for this year. If Steve Smith is fully healthy and starting week 1, then obviously Manningham takes a big hit. I for one believe that Nelson is going to be a very solid #3 each week. I think we'll see more of the player we saw in the Playoffs last year. I would not be surprised if he ends up top 30 by year’s end. I don't think Sanders pushes Ward completely aside this year, but Sanders is going to have some big games. I'm in the camp that because of the CBA, Amendola is going to keep the slot job this year in St. Louis. PPR monster. In best ball, I like my chances with this group. Grade B

TE: Jimmy Graham TE7 (11)

TE: Jacob Tamme TE 32 (11)

I'm just one of many that are expecting big things from Graham this year. Colsten had yet another knee surgery and Henderson, Meachum and Moore are meh. I don't see any way he's not top 10 in 2011. If things start to click, he's top 5. I only wanted one thing in my backup TE, and that is upside. If anything happens to Clark again, Tamme is another top 5 guy. I was pretty surprised he was still around in round 18. Even though I'm taking a zero in week 11 if I make it that far, I felt the upside of Tamme was worth it. Grade B

DEF: San Fransisco 49ers DEF16 (7)

DEF: Carolina DEF28 (9)

If I didn't get Pittsburgh, I really didn't care. So I waited and grabbed a middle of the pack defense in S.F. Carolina might help me a week or two, but nothing special for sure. Grade C

PK: Sebastian Janikowski PK6

PK: David Buehler PK22

Janikowski was tied for #1 in FG's made last year and tied for #4 in XP's made. He has a big leg and Oakland is not afraid to use it. He'll once again get plenty of chances in 2011. If Beuhler can keep the Dallas kicking job, he'll definitely out-perform PK 22. I do have doubts he can hold it all year though. Grade B+

Assuming Kolb can be a decent QB in Zona, I think this team can stick around awhile. If he comes out and stinks it up, I'll be gone quickly. What say you guys? Let me have it.

QB: Kevin Kolb QB21 (6)

QB: Andy Dalton QB31 (7)

QB: Vince Young QB34 (?)
Definitely below average. You need a lot of things to happen in order to not be below average at the position. You need Kolb to go to AZ and you need Vince Young to start somewhere. Kolb alone will likely not be enough, particularly with the lockout.

likely one of the best groups in the league, but the problem with drafting so many good RBs is that it weakens you at other critical positions :foreshadow: Nevertheless a pretty strong group. You probably should have considered going just 3 deep here to bolster your WR group.
WR: Vincent Jackson WR11 (?-S.D. 6)

WR: Mario Manningham WR33 (7)

WR: Jordy Nelson WR41 (8)

WR: Emmanuel Sanders WR44 (11)

WR: Danny Amendola WR58 (5)
I'm not as optomisitic about this group as you are. You have a decent #1 and after that it's pretty shotty. I only count 1 starting WR. It's rare to see an SSl champion with a WR group this weak.
TE: Jimmy Graham TE7 (11)

TE: Jacob Tamme TE 32 (11)
Graham has never done it for an entire year, but I do agree if he stays healthy he has some nice PPR upside.If I'm being brutally hoest, you have below average QB/WR/TE/K/D. Yes you are strong at RB but that is hardly enough to make up for the shortcomings at the other positions. This team is likely out in the first half. Comparing your roster to mine for example, I have you outmanned at every single roster spot except for RBs #2 and #3. That means I outdrafted you at 16 other roster spots.

Grade = C-

likely one of the best groups in the league, but the problem with drafting so many good RBs is that it weakens you at other critical positions :foreshadow: Nevertheless a pretty strong group. You probably should have considered going just 3 deep here to bolster your WR group.

Grade = C-
I wonder if anyone has ever won one of these survivor leagues only drafting 3 RB's?

Okay, enough time on the sidelines laughing at a sometimes entertaining match of guys who I doubt have EVER looked at the statistics on what they are talking about.

First - an exercise - close your eyes, think back to last summer and think about Quarterbacks - the

1) The Elite

2) The Above Average

3) The Average

4) The Below Average (basically unplayable unless matched with an Elite QB

Okay, now how would you rate these pairs of quarterbacks PRIOR to the 2010 season?

a) Cutler & Garrard

b) Palmer & Orton

Probably not real high - probably not as good as some of the pairs drafted in your league, basically Average (although there was hope that Culer would be better in the Martz offense)

Well those two pairs were the quarterbacks of two of the four SSL winners last year

The other two pairs had a common, underranked QB - Ben Roethlisberger facing the first five weeks off.

c) Peyton & Roethlisberger

d) Rivers and Roethlisberger

As you would suspect only in the Peyton+ combo did one quarterback dominate the scoring - it was 13 weeks of Peyton and 4 of Big Ben. The other combso were either 10-7 or 11-6 (and Cutler was the 11)

SO.....you don't have to have a STUD quarterback; you are fine with a pair who both contribute

TIGHT END - only one of the four winners had a "STUD TE" - Jason Witten

and lastly for those who want the variant rosters, THREE of the four SSL Winners had the "standard" 2/4/6/2/2/2 distribution - only one went with one kicker because he felt poor at TE and took three

Okay, back to the LHUCKS/FootballCritic show.........

OK, my draft is over so I will give a little more analysis than the :yucky: I was giving myself throughout the draft

Draft Spot 15 - snellman

QB: Tom Brady QB4

QB: Matt Cassel QB19
Solid pair, will finish near the top in QB scoring.
RB: Michael Turner RB12

RB: LeGarrette Blount RB19

RB: Shane Vereen RB38

RB: Delone Carter RB49
Two RBs that don't get many receptions, but should be consistent point scorers. And two rookie RBs whose roles are up in the air with likely committees. this group will be about average.
WR: Dez Bryant WR16

WR: Percy Harvin WR27

WR: Donald Driver WR50

WR: Derek Mason WR51

WR: Mike Sims-Walker WR60

WR: Erick Decker WR70
this is an okay group. I see 4 WRs that will contribute, but not much upside after Bryant and Harvin.
TE: Aaron Hernandez TE16

TE: Kyle Rudolph
Likely below average pair. Hernandez shares targets with Gronkowski and Rudolph has a questionable offense with some TE competition his self.Overall I think this team is about average. Props to Snellman for picking up the team and keeping our draft moving. :thumbup:

Grade = C+

Draft Spot 10 - BroadwayGQB: Josh Freeman QB12QB: Matthew Stafford QB17RB: Rashard Mendenhall RB9RB: Ryan Matthews RB15RB: LaDanian Tomlinson RB42RB: Marcel Reece RB99WR: Hakeem Nicks WR5WR: Pierre Garcon WR28WR: Johnny Knox WR35WR: Steve Breaston WR66WR: Roscoe Parrish WR76WR: Randall Cobb WR83TE: Ben Watson TE17TE: Brent Celek TE23DEF: Baltimore Ravens Defense DEF4DEF: San Diego Chargers Defense DEF11PK: Matt Bryant PK4PK: Alex Henery PK13
:shrug:Average all around. Probably the least polarizing team in the league.

Draft Spot 10 - BroadwayG

QB: Josh Freeman QB12

QB: Matthew Stafford QB17
Solid. Pretty good strategy here.
RB: Rashard Mendenhall RB9

RB: Ryan Matthews RB15

RB: LaDanian Tomlinson RB42

RB: Marcel Reece RB99
Pretty solid here. Not a huge fan of taking a total flyer like Reece, roster spots are too valuable.
WR: Hakeem Nicks WR5

WR: Pierre Garcon WR28

WR: Johnny Knox WR35

WR: Steve Breaston WR66

WR: Roscoe Parrish WR76

WR: Randall Cobb WR83
This group is pretty solid as well. Not a ton of TD upside here so your WR scoring could end up a bit flat from week to week.
TE: Ben Watson TE17

TE: Brent Celek TE23
Probably a bit below average...hopefully Vick looks to Celek a bit more this year.
DEF: Baltimore Ravens Defense DEF4

DEF: San Diego Chargers Defense DEF11

PK: Matt Bryant PK4

PK: Alex Henery PK13
Above average here at both Kicker and DOverall this is a solid survivor team with well managed risk. I do think you could be missing too much upside at WR and TE to compete for the championship but you should definitely see the second half of the season.

Grade = B

Draft Spot 11 - Go Pack

QB: Michael Vick QB1 (7)

QB: Tim Tebow QB20 (6)

RB: Mark Ingram RB16 (11)

RB: CJ Spiller RB34 (7)

RB: Michael Bush RB44 (8)

RB: Bernard Scott RB52 (7)

RB: Kendall Hunter RB62 (7)

WR: Santonio Holmes WR19 (8)

WR: Austin Collie WR24 (11)

WR: Santana Moss WR39 (5)

WR: Greg Little WR 48 (5)

WR: Jacoby Jones WR67 (11)

TE: Dallas Clark TE2 (11)

TE: Jeremy Shockey TE28 (9)

DEF: N.Y. Giants Defense DEF5 (7)

DEF: Cleveland Browns DEF31 (5)

K: Robbie Gould PK9 (8)

K: Billy Cundiff PK12 (5)

QB: Vick dominated from a FF perspective last year and should put up great numbers again in that offense if he can stay healthy. I grabbed Tebow because the RB's I wanted there were gone and no WR's stood out. I thought he has by far the most upside of the QB's left at that point so decided to grab my QB2 there. I think this combo has the potential to put up huge points but does carry some high injury risk

RB: This is my weakness but there never seemd to be value at RB when I picked. I missed out on several guys I wanted as my RB2 by a couple picks (Bradshaw & Lynch for sure). Ingram is a boom/bust RB1. He is in a great offense but also has competition for carries/catches and the Saints may not commit to the run. Spiller would be better as a RB3, but I have to think the Bills commit to getting him the ball more this year and that likely leads to a decent number of receptions so PPR may fit him well. Michael Bush is unspectacular, but I don't trust McFadden to stay healthy so I think Bush could have some big games unless the rookies steals carries. Bernard Scott should see 3rd down duty and likely some additional carries. Decent RB4 although I hoped for one of Helu or D. Carter at that pick as they have more upside. Added Kendall Hunter as a flyer with my last pick as I think he gets some third down duty and maybe they start to lessen Gore's workload.This position could cause me problems, but their is upside if things break right.

WR: Santonio Holmes put up solid numbers last year considering that he was in a new offense and missed the first 4 weeks. I think he improves this year and ends up around WR 12-15. Austin Collie was putting up huge numbers when not concussed last year. I felt like in a league like this I have to take some gambles so I took him hoping that he can stat healthy as he will be targeted often if on the field. Santana Moss should be able to squeeze out another year although if he stays in Washington, the QB situation is a concern. I like the upside of Greg Little and Jacoby Jones to have some big games. Both will likely be inconsistent, but in best ball format I think they can help. I think this WR group can be above average unless Collie gets knocked out.

TE: Dallas Clark will get a ton of targets and between him & Collie I have the inside receivers that see the most targets locked up for the Colts. I think he gets healthy and catch 90+ balls. Shockey may be the best receiver on the Panthers and should get several targets from teh young QB's. Injuries are a concern.

Def: I wanted to get a solid one and I love the Giants pass rush and hope that generates turnovers. Strongly considered going with only one defense in order to grab another WR, but ended up grabbing the Browns as a backups hoping they can halp my score a few times.

K: I hate kickers, but at least I have two with different by weeks that I think should have relatively secure jobs.

This is my first time doing one of these survivor drafts so I am curious to see where I end up. I took some risk on young guys with upside where I missed out on proven vets. I started QB/TE not necessarily by plan, but rather all the RB's I would have taken in the first round were gone when I took Vick and the WR's I really liked were gone when it got to me in the second. I did get burned a bit at RB where they seemed to go a bit earlier here than the other 3 drafts allowing the QB's & TE's which I already had to fall a bit further. QB/TE should be a strength. WR I think will be solid and the key will be if I can get any consistent production at RB. I wish we had a couple more rounds as I would have liked to grab a couple more WR's or RB's that are still out there.

Overall I think I have a lot of upside, but would not be shocked if my team starts slow with so many young guys. Being best ball i took more gambles here than I typically do in an actual league.

Feel free to tear into it.

Draft Spot 11 - Go Pack

QB: Michael Vick QB1 (7)

QB: Tim Tebow QB20 (6)
I like it although there is a bit of risk with Vick's injury history and Tebow's lack of security if Orton sticks around.

RB: Mark Ingram RB16 (11)

RB: CJ Spiller RB34 (7)

RB: Michael Bush RB44 (8)

RB: Bernard Scott RB52 (7)

RB: Kendall Hunter RB62 (7)
This group is interesting. I think all 5 should contribute, but you may be missing that guy that can carry the RB spot as I expect modest numbers from Ingram his rookie year. I expect your scoring will be average to slightly below average but consistency should be good which is very important in this format.
WR: Santonio Holmes WR19 (8)

WR: Austin Collie WR24 (11)

WR: Santana Moss WR39 (5)

WR: Greg Little WR 48 (5)

WR: Jacoby Jones WR67 (11)
This is the position that will eventually lead to your demise. Holmes and Collie should have a lot of competition for balls and neither are consistent redzone threats. Moss and Little are question marks. I do like Jacoby where you drafted him. This group will likely be below average to average although I do like your depth.
TE: Dallas Clark TE2 (11)

TE: Jeremy Shockey TE28 (9)
Very nice, above average here. Shockey was great value.
DEF: N.Y. Giants Defense DEF5 (7)

DEF: Cleveland Browns DEF31 (5)

K: Robbie Gould PK9 (8)

K: Billy Cundiff PK12 (5)
Nice job getting two Ds and two solid kickers.Overall I think this team will prove to be average given the lack of punch at RB and WR. You'll need guys like Santana Moss, Ingram and Spiller to surpass expectations.

Grade = C+

To here LHucks critique teams with nothing but his opinion and rhetoric is funny.

Nothing solid, just a person who thinks drafting 3 RBs is the right thing to do, voicing his 2 cents without fact or stats...guess thats what he does tho.

:lolololololololololol: sorry, but cant take his football talk seriously anymore.

He gives his team an A, but the better teams a C? Thats not even an opinion, its nonsense.

When you are not objective, your opinion is not even an opinion, its humor.

Pick 4

QB - Matt Ryan, Jake Locker ®

Would of liked a better backup QB, but if I thought it was so vital, I would of took one. Look, if your stud QB goes down, your chances of winning go down as well, it just does. So instead of scooping a backup early, I decided to have better backups at other positions. I said what I thought about Ryan, I think in this coming yeear he will prove what he is really capable of. Dude had 28 TDs and 3700= yards last year. Yards WILL increase as well as a TDs. I said 4000 and 30 are my projections. Locker will be good enough for a couple weeks, they drafted him there to start.

RB - Ray Rice, Ryan Grant, Pierre Thomas, Mike Goodson, Joe McKnight

How can you argue with the deepest RB core in this draft. LHucks actually utter that RBs were coming off early? Seriously? Rice is a top 5 performer for sure, Grant dont suck and should get the majority of carries. Starks running style still scares me. Thomas? I love it, they just gave him a deal, Reggie sux and I hope is gone, Ivory has the Lisfranc, and Ingram is a rookie, lets just say people got caught in the moment of them drafting a rookie and theyr eally didnt look at it in depth I guess. Goodson and McKnight should get a decent amount of touches, when you can get that out of you #4 and $5, your doing all right.

WR - Steve Johnson, Sidney Rice, AJ Green ®, James Jones, Eddie Royal

My weakness of my team, but I took players with high ceilings or upside to minimize the risk of no #1 persay. People forgot about Rice, I dont care who his QB is... Talent is talent. People knocks Fitzy last year for his QB situation. yet he still caught almost 100 balls over 1000 yards and still got 6 scores, not bad. QBs sure effect play, but Ponder is smart, and Rice has talent for Days. Stevie Johnson is the only WR with any purpose in Buffalo, and they will be behind a lot...you do the math. AJ Green has been a fav of mine since his Freshman year, he is just a good WR. He should put up WR 2 or 3 numbers. Jones and Royal are flyers with good situations. jones has a stud QB and Royal has a new Coach, so lets see if fox can use him better then McD######.

TE - Jason Witten, John Carlson

IMHO, I have one of the best, if not the best, TE for this format... and a good enough back up. I will be better then fine, for sure, as this will gain me many extra points.

K - Dan Carpenter, Matt Prater

They are kickers, I got 2 who play, good for me. All i know is I didnt take one early and the chances they perform well are just as good as any.

D - Pittsburgh, Jacksonville

Got the best D, and their bye week is week 11, and Jacksonville plays cleveland, I like my chances.

All in All, one of the better teams...High upside, good basic production, and no bye week issues...

I outlast LHucks bye a good clip, no doubt!

B+

Pick 4

Would of liked a better backup QB, but if I thought it was so vital, I would of took one. Look, if your stud QB goes down, your chances of winning go down as well, it just does. So instead of scooping a backup early, I decided to have better backups at other positions. I said what I thought about Ryan, I think in this coming yeear he will prove what he is really capable of. Dude had 28 TDs and 3700= yards last year. Yards WILL increase as well as a TDs. I said 4000 and 30 are my projections. Locker will be good enough for a couple weeks, they drafted him there to start.
The longer the lockout lasts the less likely Locker will even play. This is a below average QB group.

How can you argue with the deepest RB core in this draft. LHucks actually utter that RBs were coming off early? Seriously? Rice is a top 5 performer for sure, Grant dont suck and should get the majority of carries. Starks running style still scares me. Thomas? I love it, they just gave him a deal, Reggie sux and I hope is gone, Ivory has the Lisfranc, and Ingram is a rookie, lets just say people got caught in the moment of them drafting a rookie and theyr eally didnt look at it in depth I guess. Goodson and McKnight should get a decent amount of touches, when you can get that out of you #4 and $5, your doing all right.
You're okay here, I actually really like Rice for this format as I drafted him WSL1...but you should've drafted WR instead of Goodson or McKnight.

My weakness of my team, but I took players with high ceilings or upside to minimize the risk of no #1 persay. People forgot about Rice, I dont care who his QB is... Talent is talent. People knocks Fitzy last year for his QB situation. yet he still caught almost 100 balls over 1000 yards and still got 6 scores, not bad. QBs sure effect play, but Ponder is smart, and Rice has talent for Days. Stevie Johnson is the only WR with any purpose in Buffalo, and they will be behind a lot...you do the math. AJ Green has been a fav of mine since his Freshman year, he is just a good WR. He should put up WR 2 or 3 numbers. Jones and Royal are flyers with good situations. jones has a stud QB and Royal has a new Coach, so lets see if fox can use him better then McD######.
This is terrible. Probably a bottom 3 WR group. You can't win in this format with WR groups like this.

IMHO, I have one of the best, if not the best, TE for this format... and a good enough back up. I will be better then fine, for sure, as this will gain me many extra points.
You are about average here.

They are kickers, I got 2 who play, good for me. All i know is I didnt take one early and the chances they perform well are just as good as any.

Got the best D, and their bye week is week 11, and Jacksonville plays cleveland, I like my chances.
Nice job here.So in summary, you're strong at RB weak at QB and WR, average everywhere else. I suspect this squad will get bounced in the middle of the season...probably when one of your producing WRs is on bye.

Grade = B-

Pick 4

The longer the lockout lasts the less likely Locker will even play. This is a below average QB group.

You're okay here, I actually really like Rice for this format as I drafted him WSL1...but you should've drafted WR instead of Goodson or McKnight.

This is terrible. Probably a bottom 3 WR group. You can't win in this format with WR groups like this.

Nice job here.So in summary, you're strong at RB weak at QB and WR, average everywhere else. I suspect this squad will get bounced in the middle of the season...probably when one of your producing WRs is on bye.

Grade = B-
About average at TE? :confused: I'll keep it simple Hucks...

Do you see why people dont listen to anything you say? :yawn:

"Your weak here", "about average here", "nice job here"....lol, what type of critique is that? is that what you call a critique of teams? its absolute garbage! :thumbdown:

Plus when you draft the worst team, like you did LHucks, you really cant talk about anyone elses team or draft. :wall:

Please keep your humor coming LHucks! :thumbup:

Draft Spot 2 - Commuterman

QB: Tony Romo QB7

QB: Joe Flacco QB14

QB: David Garrard QB25

Choose Romo and then followed-up with Flacco without checking the bye-weeks. Debated not drafting another QB figuring the NFL season will not open on time and bye-weeks will be cancelled. In hind-sight this should have been what I did and used the pick to add a WR or RB in round 8

RB: Adrian Peterson RB2

RB: Shonn Greene RB25

RB: Ryan Williams RB31

RB: Willis McGahee RB58

I like my RBs. Peterson is a beast and should be the focus of the Vikings offense that has big questions at QB. Picking #2 you always have the second-guessing of which RB to take (ADP, CJ2 or even Rice or Charles). Two or three of these guys should finish in the top 5 and you just hope you picked the right guy. Greene will get the chance to prove that he is the main back in NY - Tomlinson has little left in the tank McKnight isn't ready yet. Williams should get a look in Arizona - will have to wait and see if the talk of Wells finally 'getting it' are true or not. If not then Williams becomes a solid RB2 behind ADP and Greene. I like Willis - not sure what he has left in his tank but he could be a role player somewhere (maybe even Baltimore again).

WR; Julio Jones WR31

WR: Jonathan Baldwin WR55

WR: Earl Bennett WR62

WR: Jordan Shipley WR74

WR: Plaxico Burress WR?

I waited and waited on WRs. Not through design but more because every time I came up the WR I was looking for was taken before me or there was no value at the spot. Debated between Jones and AJ Green and finally made my choice based on QB and offense. Baldwin has his proponents and detractors both and it seems pretty polar that you like him or hate him. Personally I think that he can add some possession type receiving to the Chiefs offense and can have an immediate impact on that offense. Bennett and Shipley are both solid role players and will have weeks where they have 5 catches for 75 yards and other weeks where they have little impact. Plax is my wildcard. In the right offense with the right strategy he can be a red-zone bonanza catching 6-8 TDs

TE: JerMichael Finley TE4

TE: Jared Cook TE18

Looking back, drafting Finley will be either the pick that helped this team get by the halfway point or caused the downfall of my roster. Taking him as the #4 TE is not the issue but drafting any TE in the 2nd round at the ends can cause you long delays to fill other parts of your roster. Drafting RB, TE, QB leaves you vulnerable in other areas and I just seemed to be chasing everyone after that... I like the pick of Cook and feel this may be the breakout year where he is a top 10 TE as a young mobile QB in Locker looks to him as a safety value in the passing attack.

DEF: NY Jets Defense DEF3

DEF: Minnesota Vikings Defense DEF15

Jets have one of the most aggressive defenses around and the Vikings have had a historically solid defense. This pair should keep me in a few games this year.

PK: Rob Bironas PK16

PK: Ryan Succop PK 19

Having two kickers who have no challengers in the wings is always a good result in these drafts.

Okay, enough time on the sidelines laughing at a sometimes entertaining match of guys who I doubt have EVER looked at the statistics on what they are talking about.First - an exercise - close your eyes, think back to last summer and think about Quarterbacks - the 1) The Elite2) The Above Average3) The Average4) The Below Average (basically unplayable unless matched with an Elite QBOkay, now how would you rate these pairs of quarterbacks PRIOR to the 2010 season?a) Cutler & Garrardb) Palmer & OrtonProbably not real high - probably not as good as some of the pairs drafted in your league, basically Average (although there was hope that Culer would be better in the Martz offense)Well those two pairs were the quarterbacks of two of the four SSL winners last yearThe other two pairs had a common, underranked QB - Ben Roethlisberger facing the first five weeks off.c) Peyton & Roethlisbergerd) Rivers and RoethlisbergerAs you would suspect only in the Peyton+ combo did one quarterback dominate the scoring - it was 13 weeks of Peyton and 4 of Big Ben. The other combso were either 10-7 or 11-6 (and Cutler was the 11)SO.....you don't have to have a STUD quarterback; you are fine with a pair who both contributeTIGHT END - only one of the four winners had a "STUD TE" - Jason Wittenand lastly for those who want the variant rosters, THREE of the four SSL Winners had the "standard" 2/4/6/2/2/2 distribution - only one went with one kicker because he felt poor at TE and took threeOkay, back to the LHUCKS/FootballCritic show.........
Personally I had Cutler ranked high and Palmer higher than most. I wouldn't call Roth under ranked. We knew what we were getting so he was the perfect match for someone taking a stud QB.Last year was kind of flukey for the TEs with Gates/Finley/Clark all missing time down the stretch. Two of the four Gates owners (yourself included) were rolling until he missed week 9.Many ways to skin this cat. You don't need a stud QB or TE to win, but they have also been key components of championship teams in the past.

some more thoughts from an outsider:

For you new guys, drafting only 5 WRs is often a death knell in these things especially if two or more share a bye week. Does anyone know if a team with only 5 WRs has ever won? 6-7 seems to be the sweet spot here. I often try to get 8 in the 20 rounders.

On LHUCKS:

I think 3 RBs are ok as long as RB2 and RB3 will see significant time. I don't understand the love for Helu though LHUCKS. The guy is big so he is hard to bring down but his footwork is pretty awful and gets tripped up at the line too much. It also takes him awhile to get up to speed. He needs to be 8 yards back to really get up to full speed and if he has to change direction then the the play is pretty much over. He could have 8-10 TDs in goal line duty but I don't see the value outside of that. Otherwise I like the Gore and JStew combo, but man that's a long injury history between those two. If either of them miss time this season, I can't see you recovering from that.

To Football Critic:

It's pretty clear you have some knowledge and a passion for the hobby, but man you need to calm down. We know how you feel about LHUCKS so you don't need to reply to every one of his posts and repeat those feelings. As a newer guy, your arrogance is a bit off putting and it's not a good way to get us vets on your good side (not that you seem to care about that). Finally, you should really re-read your posts before submitting. All the simple misspellings and grammatical errors really take the wind out of a lot of your posts. I'm not the grammar gestapo but it seems you spell words like "tier" differently every time you type it.

To Football Critic:It's pretty clear you have some knowledge and a passion for the hobby, but man you need to calm down. We know how you feel about LHUCKS so you don't need to reply to every one of his posts and repeat those feelings. As a newer guy, your arrogance is a bit off putting and it's not a good way to get us vets on your good side (not that you seem to care about that). Finally, you should really re-read your posts before submitting. All the simple misspellings and grammatical errors really take the wind out of a lot of your posts. I'm not the grammar gestapo but it seems you spell words like "tier" differently every time you type it.
Be careful unless you want to be called out for not displaying any hardcore football knowledge. Critic is all hardcore like Real Ultimate Power with his thorough analysis and complete objectivity.

Pick 4

Grade = B-
About average at TE? :confused:
Correct. I have Witten projected for a down year. Carlson is an average backup at best.

not trying to stir this pot anymore than it has been but just wanted to comment on a couple of things valence said in his last post...

I agree with every word....

only other thing is that I don't mind hearing other guys opinions even if they aren't "backed up" by anything....

we can all go look up stats, etc and once they are thrown out there it doesn't matter really since they don't change....so while it's nice to have stats to back up an opinion I don't think it is completely neccessary and often it can actually be misleading when we look to the future and what to expect....

so while just a simple comment like "average" or "below avearge" doesn't really help a whole lot without some discussion about why a guy feels that way.....I don't neccessarily think it needs to be backed up by some statistical analysis.....I like to get a feel on how people that pay a ton of attention to the NFL from a fantasy perspective see things shaping up, not how well they break down stats from the last few years....

basically I'm cool with more of the from the gut type stuff even if I don't agree with it, cause I can go break down stats all I want by myself......a little mixed in here and there does help though....

Users who are viewing this thread