What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dr. Gobbler welched out on his bet from year ago in this thread (1 Viewer)

Typing this from my iPhone. I don't want to meet you, and I don't want to hear your excuses. I sent you my PayPal info, again. What you wrote earlier about not wanting to send me a personal check is a flat out lie. You never even offered PayPal, you just disappeared as soon as the bet was over. For a year.

So just pay me already and then weasel back to wherever you came from. I don't want to hear it.

The smoothie does sound delicious.
Which App do you cheat iwht on WWF? I promise not to bring it to our game but a know-it-all from HS is beating me at the moment and I'd like to get back in this thing.
It's not like I'm using an exotic Imp-like lexicon to beat you. You pretty much tee up every triple on the board.
That is true. But there are still some words taking place that are not part of the normal nomenclature.

Which App do you cheat iwht on WWF? I promise not to bring it to our game but a know-it-all from HS is beating me at the moment and I'd like to get back in this thing.
It's not like I'm using an exotic Imp-like lexicon to beat you. You pretty much tee up every triple on the board.
That is true. But there are still some words taking place that are not part of the normal nomenclature.
Nothing remotely exotic. I only break out the crazy stuff for games against Homer.

Nothing remotely exotic. I only break out the crazy stuff for games against Homer.
Fair enough. I'm impressed either way and enjoy the game even if i never win.

Typing this from my iPhone. I don't want to meet you, and I don't want to hear your excuses. I sent you my PayPal info, again. What you wrote earlier about not wanting to send me a personal check is a flat out lie. You never even offered PayPal, you just disappeared as soon as the bet was over. For a year.So just pay me already and then weasel back to wherever you came from. I don't want to hear it.
I am shocked at this tough guy persona adopted by Tim. HE REALLY HATES WELCHERS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. I'm impressed either way and enjoy the game even if i never win.
I'm curious what crazy words you think I'm using.

Just tried to play "teabag." No go.

Gobbler, which conference do you think has the best athletics in the NCAA?
LOL don't worry I'm not him. Look, to my best recollection at the time Tim did not have a Paypal account, even though he says differently. I do remember thinking, well I'm not sending a stranger a personal check so I have to get a money order and then I did a lot of traveling for work, and I forgot. Sorry. It wasn't until I saw Tim's Dr Gobbler post that I remembered. I'm not running and hiding, I'm even engaging. So everybody just calm down.
So you've paid him?
Saturday at Pershing Square.Hell, if the other LA FBG's want to show up too, I'll buy you an organic smoothie as well.
If it wasn't part of the original bet that the winner had to be paid in person, that's not an obligation Tim has to make to get his money. Sounds like you're just a pathetic welching scumbag.

I think Pickles uses Scrabulizer. I ran a few games we played back and he pretty much always made the move that that app recommended. The weakness of that app is that it doesn't (at least, didn't when I last checked) account for tiles already played. That is, at the end of the game, given the tiles on the board and the tiles in your rack, you are able to deduce the remaining tiles your opponent has in his rack, and his available moves. It's possible to beat a Scrabulizer user by then figuring out what the app will tell him is his best available move... the app will tell him to make the play with the best score, regardless of the best strategy available to him given the tiles left. You have to keep the game close, then at the end, knowing what he'll do next, hold back and make a big final move that puts you over the top and/or leaves him with big tiles left to subtract from his score.

While we're in here on the subject of welshing... figured I'd get the consensus in here.

Made $250 bet with buddy in Cali on losing some weight (late night call out gone bad, whatever). We occasionally updated each other. Last Wed I hit my goal. Took picture...sent picture. Headed to BBQfest. He replies an hour later with "Oh I forgot to tell you I won 2 weeks ago lol" He sends some pic with him hitting his goal too. Was busy heading down for BBQfest so said we'd talk next week.

I have 4 courses of action here:

1) Paypal the guy his $250 tonight.

2) Assemble is $250 in the form of singles into some sort of art piece and ship it to him.

3) Call him out for not being the first to send evidence of the win and call null bet or pay partial.

4) Stand firm that I won given I was first to send evidence.

I'm leaning 1 or 2... with 3 having some merit IMO. 4 is right out.

For the record, NOT a welsher, anyone I've had dealings with will attest that I pay promptly.

Go :popcorn:

Oh, and ClockGobbler... I hope your mouth herpes flare up. :ontopic:

Last edited by a moderator:
ArcticEdge once sent me a $100 bill after losing a sucker bet. He later claimed (ad nauseum) that he wiped his ### with it first. He was quite the jokester, that one.
I thought this was standard protocol on all bets lost to ifriends.
He said it over and over to get yucks, yet the yucks never came.
"He Said it to Get the Yucks, Yet the Yucks Never Came: The Roarin Sonoran Story" would make a great 30-For-30.

ArcticEdge once sent me a $100 bill after losing a sucker bet. He later claimed (ad nauseum) that he wiped his ### with it first. He was quite the jokester, that one.
I thought this was standard protocol on all bets lost to ifriends.
He said it over and over to get yucks, yet the yucks never came.
"He Said it to Get the Yucks, Yet the Yucks Never Came: The Roarin Sonoran Story" would make a great 30-For-30.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread