What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

Here's the deal for "redraft", IMO:If you drafted the guy (I did, in the 5th round) then you figure he's going to be on your bench until around the middle of the year, when he HOPEFULLY emerges as an RB1, or at worse an RB2. That's why you drafted him. Nothing he does or does not do the first few weeks really matters. The idea is that at some point before week 8, he's going to become a 18 + carry guy. And not just for one week; he'lis l have to show that 2-3 weeks in a row before it's safe to define his value. The first week was very promising because he had 13 carries. This week not. so much, obviously. If by week 7 or 8 he hasn't started to average 18-20 carries a game, t's then I'm afraid he's a bust. But until that time, it's too premature to reach any fair evaluation. '
dont hold your breath on rb1 or 20 carries a game. peyton splits carries, always does, always will. i said that a month ago ans a bunch of ingram defenders said oh why would peyton trade up for him to split carries? history always repeats itself

Here's the deal for "redraft", IMO:If you drafted the guy (I did, in the 5th round) then you figure he's going to be on your bench until around the middle of the year, when he HOPEFULLY emerges as an RB1, or at worse an RB2. That's why you drafted him. Nothing he does or does not do the first few weeks really matters. The idea is that at some point before week 8, he's going to become a 18 + carry guy. And not just for one week; he'lis l have to show that 2-3 weeks in a row before it's safe to define his value. The first week was very promising because he had 13 carries. This week not. so much, obviously. If by week 7 or 8 he hasn't started to average 18-20 carries a game, t's then I'm afraid he's a bust. But until that time, it's too premature to reach any fair evaluation. '
Averaging 18-20 carries in that offense seems quite unlikely IMO.By my count, Pierre Thomas has hit 18 carries in 6 of 48 career games.

Agree with the above. i thought thomas would be the detriment to ingrams numbers. but eve if thomas got hurt that wouldnt all of a sudden vault ingram into rb1 status. sproles is a much bigger part of this offense than i think anybody expected

REDRAFT - PPR with a short bench

If I could get a venti latte for him right now, I'd jump on it.

As it is, I might drop him for David Nelson or Denarius Moore this Wednesday.

Oh sure, be patient...so I can wait two more weeks to drop him for Amendola or Lance Moore?

The future is now.

Oh sure, be patient...so I can wait two more weeks to drop him for Amendola or Lance Moore?

The future is now.
this is silly. in my league all starting rbs and most handcuffs are already on teams. meaning ingram should be on a roster in every league

The future is now.
this is silly. in my league all starting rbs and most handcuffs are already on teams. meaning ingram should be on a roster in every league
Not really. He's a third nipple in PPR.12 x 15 TE required start 3 WR

Drafted Ingram as my RB3, but Matthews has already passed him, so it's not even a hard decision. I've been shopping him for three weeks and nobody is interested, not even the PT or Sproles owners. Just a wasted a roster spot for me.

No sense holding him just to #### block. I need a WR4 more than I need dead weight.

Anyway, this is the strategy of a short bench league - if you're not bold and are afraid to make a move, you snooze you lose.

FWIW, Bloom and Bryant on twitter:Bloom: "CHI and GB are two of the 3 or 4 toughest matchups vs run on NO schedule. Ingram looks fine. BUY LOW. Make an offer to his owner RIGHT NOW"Bryant: "With my buddy @SigmundBloom NO RB Ingram's faced 2 great run Ds. He's fine. Buy low NOW. Make his owner an offer."Going to have patience, but i seriously question Ingram's awful YPC right now...
Maybe it's just me, but it seems almost crazy to me the extent that FBGs are going to bat for this guy. Joe and company are really hanging their hat on this one, almost to the point of putting their reputation at stake IMO. I've never seen them pimp a guy quite this hard. If he has a bad year, FBG is going to look pretty bad. If he turns things around, they'll look brilliant, but at this point doubling down on a rookie that hasn't really shown much at all through 2 games seems awfully ballsy.
GB's run defense last year wasn't very good actually.I agree they are hanging their hat on him and I don't know why:-He wasn't very impressive his junior season-He wasn't impressive in postseason workouts-He hasn't been impressive in two games. His best runs occurred when Chicago was trying to strip the ball from him, then guess what happened later...

A guy in my league put way too much faith in this guy. Now his RB situation is horrible.

Ingram should have been nothing but a stash on the bench to see how it plays out.

Hoping he is getting worked in slowly. If not this was my worst draft pick in years in my favorite redraft league. Buyer's regret set in minutes after I took him in round 3. I just couldn't see a scenario in which he wasn't being fed the ball 15-20 times a game. Looks like a 1 RB, 3 WR lineup for me with my round 3 pick on the bench for awhile.

Hoping he is getting worked in slowly. If not this was my worst draft pick in years in my favorite redraft league. Buyer's regret set in minutes after I took him in round 3. I just couldn't see a scenario in which he wasn't being fed the ball 15-20 times a game. Looks like a 1 RB, 3 WR lineup for me with my round 3 pick on the bench for awhile.
Lets not overstate things- Ingram had 13 carries last week and 14 carries this week. Its was first two NFL games against two pretty stout defenses. So far he's still the Saints number one rushing option (he has 6 rushing first downs, the other backs combine for 3), and if that continues he will have some value. Upside? He hasn't been targeted for a single pass yet- that will change. I'd like to see a lot more explosiveness and/or elusiveness when Ingram gets the ball, but that being said I think its a bad time to judge his value going forward.

Pierre Thomas is playing better football than Ingram this year. He's not going to give his job up without a fight, and he's a pretty decent running back.

Don't own either, just a Saints fan.

Was very bullish on Ingram going into the season. I do believe he has played the two toughest run defenses the Saints will face through the bye week (I don't care what the 2010 stats were, the Pack's run D is elite in 2011). The Bears, especially, kept playing prideful run defense in the 4th quarter --- kept waiting for them to knuckle under and concede run-out-the-clock yards, but it never happened.

Goin to watch Ingram (and, indeed, the Saints entire rushing offense) over the next several weeks. The schedule is much juicier in the middle of the season - next seven games:

HOUSTON

@ Jacksonville

@ Carolina

@ Tampa Bay

INDIANAPOLIS

@ St. Louis

TAMPA BAY

Houston seems to be improved on defense, but Miami's Daniel Thomas made me think the Texans pass defense is further ahead than their rush defense. The Jaguars, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Colts are getting gashed so far. And I don't think the Rams are much better.

Even with that nice upcoming schedule, though, Ingram's probably not going to become a 20-carry RB as long as Sproles and Thomas are healthy. What we can hope for, though, is that (a) Ingram does more with his 12-15 rushing attempts [esp in short yardage], and (b) the passes to Ingram, flashed during the preseason, make their return to Sean Payton's play calling.

It least at the moment, it appear Sproles is the RB to own in that RBBC, but things can change quickly. Ingram is being used in the red zone at least and like others have said, the Saints will not see other run defenses like Chicago and Green Bay this year. I am hoping he gets cut in one of my leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did he look week 2? He didn't impress me week 1, as Pierre looked like he had more burst and fight.

I didn't get to see the game yesterday because I was at the Det/KC blowout.

Was very bullish on Ingram going into the season. I do believe he has played the two toughest run defenses the Saints will face through the bye week (I don't care what the 2010 stats were, the Pack's run D is elite in 2011). The Bears, especially, kept playing prideful run defense in the 4th quarter --- kept waiting for them to knuckle under and concede run-out-the-clock yards, but it never happened.Goin to watch Ingram (and, indeed, the Saints entire rushing offense) over the next several weeks. The schedule is much juicier in the middle of the season - next seven games:HOUSTON@ Jacksonville@ Carolina@ Tampa BayINDIANAPOLIS@ St. LouisTAMPA BAYHouston seems to be improved on defense, but Miami's Daniel Thomas made me think the Texans pass defense is further ahead than their rush defense. The Jaguars, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Colts are getting gashed so far. And I don't think the Rams are much better.Even with that nice upcoming schedule, though, Ingram's probably not going to become a 20-carry RB as long as Sproles and Thomas are healthy. What we can hope for, though, is that (a) Ingram does more with his 12-15 rushing attempts [esp in short yardage], and (b) the passes to Ingram, flashed during the preseason, make their return to Sean Payton's play calling.
Yeah, having slept on it, I think I have other places I can trim to pickup a WW WR. He's not a great PPR redraft RB, but I don't need him to be yet. If he keeps getting RZ touches, he's bound to be relevant by year end.

'rascal said:
'timschochet said:
It's the combination of lack of caries, low YPC, fumbles, and predictability that I am concerned with. When he is in the game defenses key off of him. Peyton has got to mix it up.
:goodposting:

How did he look week 2? He didn't impress me week 1, as Pierre looked like he had more burst and fight.I didn't get to see the game yesterday because I was at the Det/KC blowout.
I'm an Ingram owner. I thought he looked good and ran strong. He has surprisingly quick feet for his size, and he's hard to bring down one-on-one. I know the numbers might now look good right now. And the fumble is bad; he has to protect the ball against a turnover-happy D like Chicago. But if you drafted Ingram, it was probably more for the final 8 games than these first 8. If that's your situation, I think you could take some very encouraging things away from yesterday's performance. If anything worries me about him right now, it's more how good Sproles and Thomas looked. It will definitely delay Ingram's rise in the offense. But these situations can change quickly. I think we'll see at least one big game from Ingram in the next four weeks.

How did he look week 2? He didn't impress me week 1, as Pierre looked like he had more burst and fight.I didn't get to see the game yesterday because I was at the Det/KC blowout.
I'm an Ingram owner. I thought he looked good and ran strong. He has surprisingly quick feet for his size, and he's hard to bring down one-on-one. I know the numbers might now look good right now. And the fumble is bad; he has to protect the ball against a turnover-happy D like Chicago. But if you drafted Ingram, it was probably more for the final 8 games than these first 8. If that's your situation, I think you could take some very encouraging things away from yesterday's performance. If anything worries me about him right now, it's more how good Sproles and Thomas looked. It will definitely delay Ingram's rise in the offense. But these situations can change quickly. I think we'll see at least one big game from Ingram in the next four weeks.
I'm just getting visions of Moreno here.. Nothing is jumping out at me that says elite back. I like his balance and vision, but his speed and burst aren't standing out to me yet.

It's like I'm in bizarro world or something. So many people keep talking about how strong he is, how he runs with power, blah blah blah. I just haven't seen it. He got taken down by a single tackler multiple times in the game yesterday and several times when he ran wide on short yardage plays. He did have 2 nice runs in the second half where he showed nice vision, pretty good speed, and did an excellent job of getting low and either keeping his feet moving or diving to pickup extra yardage.

I'm just getting visions of Moreno here.. Nothing is jumping out at me that says elite back. I like his balance and vision, but his speed and burst aren't standing out to me yet.
If you trust your judgment, sell.

It's like I'm in bizarro world or something. So many people keep talking about how strong he is, how he runs with power, blah blah blah. I just haven't seen it. He got taken down by a single tackler multiple times in the game yesterday and several times when he ran wide on short yardage plays. He did have 2 nice runs in the second half where he showed nice vision, pretty good speed, and did an excellent job of getting low and either keeping his feet moving or diving to pickup extra yardage.
That was my first comment in this thread, but reading the last few pages, I was under the impression that people keep talking about what a bust he is and how he won't live up to expectations. I think there are reasonable worries, but I like some of what I've seen enough that I am bullish on his prospects going forward and recommend holding onto him.

FWIW, Bloom and Bryant on twitter:Bloom: "CHI and GB are two of the 3 or 4 toughest matchups vs run on NO schedule. Ingram looks fine. BUY LOW. Make an offer to his owner RIGHT NOW"Bryant: "With my buddy @SigmundBloom NO RB Ingram's faced 2 great run Ds. He's fine. Buy low NOW. Make his owner an offer."Going to have patience, but i seriously question Ingram's awful YPC right now...
Maybe it's just me, but it seems almost crazy to me the extent that FBGs are going to bat for this guy. Joe and company are really hanging their hat on this one, almost to the point of putting their reputation at stake IMO. I've never seen them pimp a guy quite this hard. If he has a bad year, FBG is going to look pretty bad. If he turns things around, they'll look brilliant, but at this point doubling down on a rookie that hasn't really shown much at all through 2 games seems awfully ballsy.
GB's run defense last year wasn't very good actually.I agree they are hanging their hat on him and I don't know why:-He wasn't very impressive his junior season-He wasn't impressive in postseason workouts-He hasn't been impressive in two games. His best runs occurred when Chicago was trying to strip the ball from him, then guess what happened later...
Ingram won the Heisman his JR season ..... :unsure:

It's like I'm in bizarro world or something. So many people keep talking about how strong he is, how he runs with power, blah blah blah. I just haven't seen it. He got taken down by a single tackler multiple times in the game yesterday and several times when he ran wide on short yardage plays.
Maybe some of this in traffic, but on the plays outiside of the tackles, the Bears swarmed with haste in Ingram's direction. In run defense, Lance Briggs had a Jefferson-vs-Ridgemont-High kind of game.

The people with this level of concern re: Ingram don't own Ingram. I'll throw out a few more lowish offers this week, but I have a feeling Ingram-owners still won't be selling.

The people with this level of concern re: Ingram don't own Ingram. I'll throw out a few more lowish offers this week, but I have a feeling Ingram-owners still won't be selling.
Most Ingram owners probably were counting on him for bye-week coverage. With bye weeks plus a run-defense soft schedule coming out, it's still really early for a lot of Ingram owners to feel like bailing.

:no:

That's the thing. I think they are working him in pretty quickly. He's getting the lions share of the carries. The problem is he's not doing much with it. The upside is he will get many more chances to prove what he is capable of. It's on him to do something with that though. He has the opportunity which is HUGE in the NFL. Ask Priest Holmes and Arian Foster. Or even better, ask Cedric Benson. He had it and didn't do much with it, but was able to salvage something in another location. Let's hope Ingram is like the former two I mentioned and not the latter... PARTICULARLY for you fellas in your silly redraft leagues. So, you actually give all your players back at the end of the year? What's the fun in that?

How did he look week 2? He didn't impress me week 1, as Pierre looked like he had more burst and fight.

I didn't get to see the game yesterday because I was at the Det/KC blowout.
Exactly. I'm Not an Ingram owner.. I'm watching him, checking to see if there's a possible buy low opportunity here. His stats aren't living up to expectations.. and when I watch him play, I'm more impressed with Pierre thomas to be honest.

I blame Bloom. I was all set to pass on Ingram till I heard the Saints preview podcast. Bloom couldn't stop raving about him. Damn you, Bloom!

Ah, who am I kidding? I can't stay mad at Bloom.

That's the thing. I think they are working him in pretty quickly. He's getting the lions share of the carries. The problem is he's not doing much with it. The upside is he will get many more chances to prove what he is capable of. It's on him to do something with that though. He has the opportunity which is HUGE in the NFL. Ask Priest Holmes and Arian Foster. Or even better, ask Cedric Benson. He had it and didn't do much with it, but was able to salvage something in another location. Let's hope Ingram is like the former two I mentioned and not the latter... PARTICULARLY for you fellas in your silly redraft leagues. So, you actually give all your players back at the end of the year? What's the fun in that?
He got the share of the carries. They faced GB and Chi; two of the tougher run defenses in the league. He will be fine. And if he ever grows to the point where he catches 1-3 passes a game and gets the lion share of the carries and the goal line carries, then he could be a huge and not just a solid value play. A lot of positives going his way right now. A couple negatives. I am a buyer not a seller of Ingram right now.

Pierre Thomas is playing better football than Ingram this year. He's not going to give his job up without a fight, and he's a pretty decent running back.

Don't own either, just a Saints fan.
Agreed. If it turns out that Ingram is not the skilled RB that I hoped he would be... and can't even kick a "pretty decent back" to the curb, then I'll need to cut bait, as it will be full blown RBBC.Got a stretch of easier run defenses coming up through the next couple of weeks so we'll see if he can separate from the pack. If he's special, he will.

Try sophomore season

Ingram is probably my only top 7-8 round pick that Im not worried about at this point. 2 tough D's (whoever brings up GB not being a tough run D, yeah, because they blew teams out half the time last year).

Sproles touches worry me more than PT, and I off/on watched the game yesterday, and again it seemed like Ingram was in on obvious running downs, or for the D, "hey, that great rookie RB is in now. He'll probably run it"..I think Payton is a better coach than that, but if his snaps go the same way for a couple more weeks, I dont think so.

'mdlane said:
'pantagrapher said:
I think it comes down to the fact that most people would still rather have a "lead" back in a RBBC on a good team than a bellcow or lead/RBBC back on a bad team. Personally, I traded away Addai to get Ingram, so despite his disappointing week, I'm not much worse off. Also drafted Lynch this year and was able to move him for Santana Moss...thankfully. I'd still rather have Ingram than both of those guys.With so few reliable RBs, I think Ingram is still perceived near the top of the list of guys to own in the good committees ala Tolbert/Mathews, so disappointed owners like me will hold onto him for awhile longer. It will only take one decent game to renew faith.

I still believe Ingram is a more talented version of Benjarvus Green-Ellis. People were dropping BJGE early last season but in the second half of the season he was a rock-solid RB2 because he was gobbling up TDs and getting quality yardage most weeks. That came despite losing snaps in a pass-first offense to another RB (Woodhead). I could see Ingram following a similar path although since I believe he's more talented his upside is higher.

If you drafted Ingram as a RB2, hopefully you have someone who can step into that role now. But I do believe the cream typically rises to the top and the Saints clearly like Ingram. He's getting the majority of the RB carries (57 percent in the first two games) and the majority of the looks inside the 10. It's tough banking on TD potential because that's so hit-and-miss but he's currently averaging 13.5 touches per game (0 in the passing game). If that gets bumped up to 15 per game at least (a reasonable assumption in my opinion) and he continues getting the goal-line looks, I think Ingram in this offense will reward the faith his owners invested in him.

Patience is the key here. Unless you're in a very small league with tons of talent available on the WW I think Ingram is a must hold or a Buy Low from a nervous owner. I would not be dropping him.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/09/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_166.html

New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton says team still juggling three good backs

Facing a coaching quandary nothing short of delicious, New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton acknowledged Monday the team still wrestles with working three talented running backs into its game plan each week. While trying to defend their Super Bowl XLIV title last season, Payton and New Orleans were forced to play without Pierre Thomas, their key running back in most offensive formations, and often without Reggie Bush, who was supposed to provide a spark and some speed to various packages. Thus diminished, the offense struggled.

As Sunday's 30-13 victory over Chicago demonstrated, however, the Saints now have an upgraded running package with Thomas, rookie Mark Ingram, and free agent Darren Sproles. Ingram is able to do many of the same things Thomas does, which means Thomas has less pressure and takes fewer hits, while Sproles has proven even more combustible than Bush, scoring touchdowns in the first two games.

To be sure, the Saints' offense will remain geared to quarterback Drew Brees and the passing attack. But Sunday's line score on the Saints' rushing productivity illustrated perfectly what Payton meant when he talked in the preseason about running the ball, "efficiently." New Orleans finished with 118 yards on 29 carries, with Ingram and Thomas combining for 23 of those runs. The team averaged 4.1 yards per carry. That is a statistical package that reflects a team that can get a yard or two on the ground when it must, and that showcases various backs the defense must respect and align against differently.

Still, Payton said Monday the integration of the talented trio is, "a work in progress."

"It's something we think about a lot, too," Payton said. "If you separate Darren's role a little bit, if you start with some nickel packages and a little bit of this 'lighting' term we use where we're wanting him specifically on the field much like with Reggie. I don't want to say that's easy, but that becomes the easy part of the equation. So if we can establish that we have a package that involves Sproles both in the nickel and in the base, then I think the bigger trick is coming up with a ways between Pierre and Mark. We try to give them some semblance of a rhythm, too, maybe a couple of series at a time. That whole time there are some times and groupings that might trump whatever the rotation might be. But there's a lot of thought given to it. I don't know that there's an exact science to it because at the end of the week, typically, I'm going through (it) with (running backs Coach Bret Ingalls). I think more than anything they want to be able to see their involvement with the plan and each game kind of unfolds a little differently in regards to what you're in and what you want to be in. It's kind of a work in progress."

Houston this week. I have a feeling he gets in the endzone and begins to show us why we all either drafted him or may be trying to buy low. :banned:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/09/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_166.htmlNew Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton says team still juggling three good backsFacing a coaching quandary nothing short of delicious, New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton acknowledged Monday the team still wrestles with working three talented running backs into its game plan each week. While trying to defend their Super Bowl XLIV title last season, Payton and New Orleans were forced to play without Pierre Thomas, their key running back in most offensive formations, and often without Reggie Bush, who was supposed to provide a spark and some speed to various packages. Thus diminished, the offense struggled. As Sunday's 30-13 victory over Chicago demonstrated, however, the Saints now have an upgraded running package with Thomas, rookie Mark Ingram, and free agent Darren Sproles. Ingram is able to do many of the same things Thomas does, which means Thomas has less pressure and takes fewer hits, while Sproles has proven even more combustible than Bush, scoring touchdowns in the first two games. To be sure, the Saints' offense will remain geared to quarterback Drew Brees and the passing attack. But Sunday's line score on the Saints' rushing productivity illustrated perfectly what Payton meant when he talked in the preseason about running the ball, "efficiently." New Orleans finished with 118 yards on 29 carries, with Ingram and Thomas combining for 23 of those runs. The team averaged 4.1 yards per carry. That is a statistical package that reflects a team that can get a yard or two on the ground when it must, and that showcases various backs the defense must respect and align against differently. Still, Payton said Monday the integration of the talented trio is, "a work in progress.""It's something we think about a lot, too," Payton said. "If you separate Darren's role a little bit, if you start with some nickel packages and a little bit of this 'lighting' term we use where we're wanting him specifically on the field much like with Reggie. I don't want to say that's easy, but that becomes the easy part of the equation. So if we can establish that we have a package that involves Sproles both in the nickel and in the base, then I think the bigger trick is coming up with a ways between Pierre and Mark. We try to give them some semblance of a rhythm, too, maybe a couple of series at a time. That whole time there are some times and groupings that might trump whatever the rotation might be. But there's a lot of thought given to it. I don't know that there's an exact science to it because at the end of the week, typically, I'm going through (it) with (running backs Coach Bret Ingalls). I think more than anything they want to be able to see their involvement with the plan and each game kind of unfolds a little differently in regards to what you're in and what you want to be in. It's kind of a work in progress."
this is exactly why I just traded him away.. too many question marks this year

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/09/new_orleans_saints_coach_sean_166.htmlNew Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton says team still juggling three good backsFacing a coaching quandary nothing short of delicious, New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton acknowledged Monday the team still wrestles with working three talented running backs into its game plan each week. While trying to defend their Super Bowl XLIV title last season, Payton and New Orleans were forced to play without Pierre Thomas, their key running back in most offensive formations, and often without Reggie Bush, who was supposed to provide a spark and some speed to various packages. Thus diminished, the offense struggled. As Sunday's 30-13 victory over Chicago demonstrated, however, the Saints now have an upgraded running package with Thomas, rookie Mark Ingram, and free agent Darren Sproles. Ingram is able to do many of the same things Thomas does, which means Thomas has less pressure and takes fewer hits, while Sproles has proven even more combustible than Bush, scoring touchdowns in the first two games. To be sure, the Saints' offense will remain geared to quarterback Drew Brees and the passing attack. But Sunday's line score on the Saints' rushing productivity illustrated perfectly what Payton meant when he talked in the preseason about running the ball, "efficiently." New Orleans finished with 118 yards on 29 carries, with Ingram and Thomas combining for 23 of those runs. The team averaged 4.1 yards per carry. That is a statistical package that reflects a team that can get a yard or two on the ground when it must, and that showcases various backs the defense must respect and align against differently. Still, Payton said Monday the integration of the talented trio is, "a work in progress.""It's something we think about a lot, too," Payton said. "If you separate Darren's role a little bit, if you start with some nickel packages and a little bit of this 'lighting' term we use where we're wanting him specifically on the field much like with Reggie. I don't want to say that's easy, but that becomes the easy part of the equation. So if we can establish that we have a package that involves Sproles both in the nickel and in the base, then I think the bigger trick is coming up with a ways between Pierre and Mark. We try to give them some semblance of a rhythm, too, maybe a couple of series at a time. That whole time there are some times and groupings that might trump whatever the rotation might be. But there's a lot of thought given to it. I don't know that there's an exact science to it because at the end of the week, typically, I'm going through (it) with (running backs Coach Bret Ingalls). I think more than anything they want to be able to see their involvement with the plan and each game kind of unfolds a little differently in regards to what you're in and what you want to be in. It's kind of a work in progress."
this is exactly why I just traded him away.. too many question marks this year
Were these question marks somehow not there when you drafted him?

This is the week we've been waiting for. So far the Saints have played the two NFC teams that fought for the right to play in the Super Bowl. Tough games both. This week Payton gets to show off his new toy. 20 carries 115 yards 2 touchdowns.

Ingram is dynasty gold. Sometimes it's kinda hard to see the forest for the trees, but in the end, there's one reason why they went & got Ingram.

He was the star of training camp, but the Saints have other good backs & it's a process. You can tell Ingram is a terrific talent. He looked much better in week 2 & that's only the tip of the iceberg.

If you can get Ingram in a dynasty league for a reasonable price, you do it, IMO.

Patience.

Ingram is dynasty gold. Sometimes it's kinda hard to see the forest for the trees, but in the end, there's one reason why they went & got Ingram.He was the star of training camp, but the Saints have other good backs & it's a process. You can tell Ingram is a terrific talent. He looked much better in week 2 & that's only the tip of the iceberg.If you can get Ingram in a dynasty league for a reasonable price, you do it, IMO.Patience.
What are you basing dynasty gold on? I just don't see it . Please tell me why I should go hard to buy this guy in dynasty.

I can't believe how high people still are on this guy. Can I have what the rest of you are smoking because I need some?

He is putting up Shonne Greene like numbers. You should be wanting at least Daniel Thomas type numbers to have any hope for this guy. I agree a big part of the problem is that New Orleans has so many (better) options at RB right now.

*Disclaimer: I am in redraft and limited keeper leagues but not a true dynasty like some of who are still really high on him seem to be in, so I might not have the same patience for results as some of you. I need results THIS YEAR to make him a worthwhile pick, none of this dynasty crap was communicated to me in all the pre-draft hype. FBG communicated that he was the most amazing talent ever and was going to completely dominate the league and the Saints were turning into a 1 RB team, making him worthy of 2nd-3rd pick on all of their cheatsheets which have nothing to do with dynasty.

Wow. Lots of nervous nellies in here. It's been two games. TWO.

The kid's had no off-season. He's faced two TOUGH run defenses. And Payton has telegraphed his usage.

Patience.

Users who are viewing this thread