What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (5 Viewers)

There's not a lot out there to go with the Schefter tweet.

Tweet from late last night from my friends Greg Ambrosius and Tom Kessenich. Good guys.  https://twitter.com/SiriusXMFantasy/status/938623350674518016

#HighStakesFantasyAdvantage w/ @GregAmbrosius & @TomKessenich talked to @MikeTriplett about Mark Ingram this week. He thinks you don't have to be worried, if Ingram is activated he WILL NOT have a minor role and if Ingram is healthy then he will be good to go!
Also ESPN had this.  Nothing new here.

Mark Ingram apparently will be a game-day decision for the New Orleans Saintsafter he was held out of full-team drills for the second straight day Wednesday with a toe injury. He is listed as questionable on the injury report.

There is still reason for optimism that Ingram will play, since the team didn't rule him out before making the trip to Atlanta, and since Ingram was present for the early portion of practice that was open to the media on Tuesday. (Wednesday's walk-through practice was closed to the media). It's possible that the Saints were just backing off of Ingram's workload on a short week.

I'm cautious but will play him tonight in my local league. Although I don't have great options. And I wouldn't be too swayed by Antonio Brown last week. I get it. But that's not the normal when a guy is battling a toe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of a unique situation for me. I have a bye, but I still have to field a lineup as I’m in the mix for most points (total prize is for the regular season plus playoffs). I’m probably going to bench Ingram for Jamaal Williams. 

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini reports Mark Ingram's toe injury is "not a big issue," and he will be "good to go" against the Falcons on Thursday.

Quoting coach Sean Payton, Russini said Ingram's missed practices were mostly a function of it being a short week for the Saints. It appears Ingram will not only play, but be ready for his usual role. Alvin Kamara is the preferred RB1, but Ingram is firmly in the top eight for Week 14.
He's good to go.  I don't own him but seems like you have to treat him like you would any other week at this point re: any other options.

FWIW, and maybe it’s nothing, Jonathan Williams tweeted, “So, so blessed!” about 2 hours ago (around the time players are usually informed if they’re on the active roster).

Williams hasn’t been active yet for the club. Maybe it’s just them being smart in case Ingram’s toe acts up, or maybe it’s a guy excited to get an opportunity with an injury ahead of him. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

FWIW, and maybe it’s nothing, Jonathan Williams tweeted, “So, so blessed!” about 2 hours ago (around the time players are usually informed if they’re on the active roster).

Williams hasn’t been active yet for the club. Maybe it’s just them being smart in case Ingram’s toe acts up, or maybe it’s a guy excited to get an opportunity with an injury ahead of him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Williams is inactive. 

And it means nothing.
To be fair, it doesn't really matter if he's active/inactive in the context of either Ingram/Kamara getting hurt. Like we've discussed Edmunds is primarily a special teams guy. As someone who is on bye and owns Ingram and Kamara in two Yahoo leagues I'm going to cuff him for ####s and hope that I'll be able to safely drop after the game tonight. 

This is amazing. Hoping Kamara is ok but we went from should we start Ingram to now Ingram is in there on every snap. So crazy this hobby we do.

Mark Ingram rushed 12 times for 49 yards in the Saints' Week 14 loss to the Falcons, adding four catches for 43 additional yards.

Although Ingram was gutting out a toe injury, it's fair to say he had a disappointing night after Alvin Kamara departed on the opening drive with a concussion. Ingram didn't appear to be noticeably hobbled, though he was in a good deal of pain after banging his foot on the turf late in the fourth quarter. He remained down for a few moments, but quickly checked back in. He's a man who could use the 10 days rest between now and next week's game with the Jets. Regardless of Kamara's health for that one, Ingram will remain a top-12 option.
My reaction.

Pretty meh...I’ll take it.  The kick to the nuts was playing the guy with Freeman and Michael Thomas who got the freakin 1 yard TD after Ingram did the work of getting the Saints to the 1z

Understand Ingram was dinged up coming into the game, but he looked really good when he received touches. He averages over 4 yards per carry and gets just 12 totes; breaks off a couple nice plays in the passing and gets zero looks down the stretch. Payton is insufferable. Good thing I had a bye this week. Now I get to sweat all of this next week...

Insein said:
Well yea. Your pass catching back goes out so that means your running running back needs to get less carries.  :loco:
Kamara had 3 catches on the 1st drive when he got hurt, Ingram gets 4 all game.

Payton strikes again!

Anyone concerned with Ingram's Usage of late?

Carries in the last 5 weeks  11,11,14,12,12

Targets in the last 5 weeks   4,  3,  7,  5,  6

I am hoping the saints get up by 2 TDs quick as that seems to be the recipe for Ingram's usage to go up a lot more

Any news on the Saints Oline?

Given this year is Mark Ingram's final year of his contract with Saints and he recently hired a different agent, what's your take on his FF potential this year?  Alvin Kamara was fantasy revelation for all FF owners especially in dynasty PPR leagues last year but what I'm curious on everyone's take on Saints RBs.  And am I wrong to believe a possibility of negative regression in Kamara? And Ingram as well?

Did they keep all their O-line talent?

they added another quality WR and if the D takes another step forward, there would be more carries and clock killing drives

I’ve always felt his trade value has not matched his value in your roster 
This is the same way I have felt as well.  The past two seasons I have bought in the offseason and sold during the season.  This year I think is the closest his value has been to his production since his rookie draft. I think most put him around 1.06-1.08 and he is probably worth slightly more, around 1.03-1.04

This is the same way I have felt as well.  The past two seasons I have bought in the offseason and sold during the season.  This year I think is the closest his value has been to his production since his rookie draft. I think most put him around 1.06-1.08 and he is probably worth slightly more, around 1.03-1.04
To give you a perspective, I sold Ingram for 2.01 and one of 2020 2nd round in Dynasty PPR league.  I know I clearly sold him cheaply but my league has salary cap and contract whatnot and Ingram has one year in his cap-friendly contract.  I had to get what I can get (feel free to give me ribbing on this).

Given this year is Mark Ingram's final year of his contract with Saints and he recently hired a different agent, what's your take on his FF potential this year?  Alvin Kamara was fantasy revelation for all FF owners especially in dynasty PPR leagues last year but what I'm curious on everyone's take on Saints RBs.  And am I wrong to believe a possibility of negative regression in Kamara? And Ingram as well?
I feel like everything that could go right for the Saints' running game did. Between positive game flow situations and a vastly improved defense, coupled with nearly perfect physical health for both RBs, I see last year as close to the apex for the running game as a whole. A slight decline appears likely to me. Ingram is usually undervalued and believe the same will hold true next year. I think Kamara is going a little to high, but can't really argue given how dynamic he was as a rookie.

To give you a perspective, I sold Ingram for 2.01 and one of 2020 2nd round in Dynasty PPR league.  I know I clearly sold him cheaply but my league has salary cap and contract whatnot and Ingram has one year in his cap-friendly contract.  I had to get what I can get (feel free to give me ribbing on this).
Contract leagues change the value by a lot so its hard to compare.  If he was on a great contract with many years left then I could see a ribbing, but one year left you can't compare to non contract leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread