What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

Own both Kamara & Ingram in 1 league --- looking forward to starting them both weekly soon 

(J White & L Miller other options in a standard)

Yep. 2-2. With Josh Gordon, too. It's been a rough start, but Hyde and Barkley were great picks for volume, and Goff just carried me this week. I'm outside looking in at the playoffs, but that might change really quickly if those guys can get up to speed. Golladay has also been quite the find to help quell (though now starting to fade a bit) the absences, too. 
Ya that's always the risk with the Edelman and Ingram picks.  It always seemed like a "just hope to be 2-2" kind of thing when you drafted one, or especially numerous, of those guys. 

Ya that's always the risk with the Edelman and Ingram picks.  It always seemed like a "just hope to be 2-2" kind of thing when you drafted one, or especially numerous, of those guys. 
I agree with your assessment. I picked up Ingram from a nervous owner two weeks into the season with a 20% waiver bid. It's a tough league, and a tight one, and the guy couldn't go 0-3 or he's done. I also think it was an unwise decision by him, but that's not for me to really judge.  

Edelman I drafted knowing full well the risk. But both of those roster spots are indeed valuable. I drafted both Gronk and Edelman, and I had no idea Josh Gordon would be on the NE receiving corps, so that news wasn't the best for me. It's going to be a hodgepodge year, and I can only move/trade these guys when they're beginning to be regulars and dominate or the return for them won't be good enough. I'm looking at making a late run.  

Appreciate the feedback on Ingram offers.. 

Ingram owner is in need of WR help soon (Week 7 byes)  so I will revisit it.   The comedy is that every MyFBG suggested trade included Kamara! 

Love that he met team at 12:01 AM to be part of them ASAP. 

He was recently dropped in my league.  Hoping he'll get passed on long enough for me grab him as the Kamara owner.  Doubt I'd ever start him since CMC just had his bye (barring injury).

Can’t believe he wasn’t picked up before waivers locked on Sunday. 

Can’t believe he’d be dropped anywhere.
Yea, I agree...although I'm pretty decent at this whole thing myself and forgot to browse to the back of the list for him.  I just assumed he was still rostered and missed the transaction.  So I'll probably pay for this since I pick pretty late in the order.

Was just offered OBJ for my Ingram/Corey Davis.

12 team PPR league with ONLY 4 bench spots.

Would make my lineup -   Goff-Melvin Gordon - OBJ-Thielen-K. Allen - Gronk - K - D

With a crap bench (Rivers, Ekeler, Shepard, empty spot for a RB)

I know this is more an AC question but we were discussing Ingram value.

With Fournette killing me, I'm rolling him out there! All aboard!
Agree if you have injured guys but...do we really think Kamara and Thomas aren't the focal point of their offense?  He's a RB2 all day long.  Will vulture some TDs but I'm not so sure the layoff won't hurt him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just offered OBJ for my Ingram/Corey Davis.

12 team PPR league with ONLY 4 bench spots.

Would make my lineup -   Goff-Melvin Gordon - OBJ-Thielen-K. Allen - Gronk - K - D

With a crap bench (Rivers, Ekeler, Shepard, empty spot for a RB)

I know this is more an AC question but we were discussing Ingram value.
Ekeler is your #2 then? But you’re starting 1 and 3. I get it. 

I like Ingram, but FBG's seems a little generous RB11 ROS in PPR.  I think he'll have his smash games, but then I think he'll have a few 18-67-0 and 2-14's mixed in.  They might ride him to keep Kamara fresh for the playoffs.

They might ride him to keep Kamara fresh for the playoffs.
I sure hope not.  This would really suck for us Kamara owners if it starts taking both these guys to equal his production in weeks 1-4.  If they want Ingram to wear down the D a bit with a handful of carries then no problem.  Actually my biggest fear is Ingram ends up with the majority of the GL looks.  No doubt Kamara is the lead dog but there are a few ugly scenarios for Kamara owners.

I like Ingram, but FBG's seems a little generous RB11 ROS in PPR.  I think he'll have his smash games, but then I think he'll have a few 18-67-0 and 2-14's mixed in.  They might ride him to keep Kamara fresh for the playoffs.
Look at last year.  These assumptions you're making are ludicrous.  Plus, he's in a contract year.

I sure hope not.  This would really suck for us Kamara owners if it starts taking both these guys to equal his production in weeks 1-4.  If they want Ingram to wear down the D a bit with a handful of carries then no problem.  Actually my biggest fear is Ingram ends up with the majority of the GL looks.  No doubt Kamara is the lead dog but there are a few ugly scenarios for Kamara owners.
They both ate last year. No reason to think it won’t happen again this year. I see Kamara still getting his, Ingram is the one I see perhaps underperforming compared to last year. 

From a dynasty perspective my dream scenario has him toting the rock for Pittsburgh next year.  Fingers crossed.

He's been working out with an old coach of his, so hopefully he's able to hit the ground running this year.  

I don't think he's as big a vulture threat TD wise that others seem to view him as.  Kamara is such a threat to score, both with his legs and his hands, I don't see how you keep him on the bench in the red zone.

If I were the saints I would want to use Ingram as much as I could this year.  Last year of his contract and you have kamara locked up for the long haul. Obviously he isn’t the player that kamara is but he’s still a good runner. 

Especially between the tackles, I would look to preserve kamara for the long run, both this year and next

If I were the saints I would want to use Ingram as much as I could this year.  Last year of his contract and you have kamara locked up for the long haul. Obviously he isn’t the player that kamara is but he’s still a good runner. 

Especially between the tackles, I would look to preserve kamara for the long run, both this year and next
Agreed with bold texts.  Payton has mentioned in the past on wanting to preserve Kamara as much as he can to retain his explosiveness during course of season and especially in the playoffs.  He'll use Ingram often in tackles as well as ball-control possession to keep his defensive team fresh throughout the season.   

If anything, Ingram's late night meeting with Saints after their flight from NY bodes well for him in eyes of Payton.  This tells me how committed he is to Saints this season and especially his desire to be with his teammates. 

Agree if you have injured guys but...do we really think Kamara and Thomas aren't the focal point of their offense?  He's a RB2 all day long.  Will vulture some TDs but I'm not so sure the layoff won't hurt him.
Yea, Ingram sucked last year.....

Just at some of the wishful thinking in this thread. Kamaras workload is barely going to be impacted given his dual nature threat as a receiver and RB. They certainly aren’t going to “ride Ingram” and let off the gas to preserve Kamara. Their roles will be similar to last year however I predict Kamara will benefit more due to being more involved with the offense now. Ingram will get his but I don’t think he’s anything more than a mid to high range RB2 going forward ala Marshawn. 

G/L trying to predict which of Ingram or Kamara will go off in any given week, if last year is an indication. Start 'em both if you have 'em. 

Just at some of the wishful thinking in this thread. Kamaras workload is barely going to be impacted given his dual nature threat as a receiver and RB. They certainly aren’t going to “ride Ingram” and let off the gas to preserve Kamara. Their roles will be similar to last year however I predict Kamara will benefit more due to being more involved with the offense now. Ingram will get his but I don’t think he’s anything more than a mid to high range RB2 going forward ala Marshawn. 
If you have both, start both and enjoy.

Kamara is the top RB except maybe Gurley and Ingram will be solid RB2 with RB1 upside.  That offense is scary good.

If you have both, start both and enjoy.

Kamara is the top RB except maybe Gurley and Ingram will be solid RB2 with RB1 upside.  That offense is scary good.
I have both, but starting both is a problem as I also have DJ and Mixon as my RBs. For me, Ingram is more of a handcuff.

Truebluey said:
I have both, but starting both is a problem as I also have DJ and Mixon as my RBs. For me, Ingram is more of a handcuff.
Not a redraft I presume.  I play in redrafts... definitely don't have DJ and Kamara...!

I will be starting both in two FBG Players Championship Leagues.

Truebluey said:
This is the problem.  If you already have a better option than Ingram, any hit to Kamara's production sucks.

Bad_Mo said:
You haven't been paying attention to what Ingram has been doing these past few months.  Your statements are merely assumptions based on zero evidence.

You haven't been paying attention to what Ingram has been doing these past few months.  Your statements are merely assumptions based on zero evidence.
What's he been doing these last two months (besides being on the sidelines)? I'm an Ingram guy, just curious what you have seen on the social feeds!

What did he do for the month on September?  That's right...watch his teammates play while serving a suspension.  Who cares what he did in pre-season.  Are you suggesting that his pre-season workouts have changed?  I would hope so because he'll get busted again, if not.

I'm always skeptical of guys coming back from an extended layoff, whether it be from injury or suspension.  Some guys just never get on track.  Not saying he won't produce, but if your FF championship title hopes rest with this guy...good luck.

starting Thompson over him this week in PPR.  I don't see more than 10-12 touches week 1 and the Skins have a solid D.  I think Kamara retains a 65-35 split the rest of the year.  he is too dynamic to keep on the sideline.

Contract year right?
Yes, IIRC. What's the implication. Running harder, doing more? 

I've never been high on Ingram and vowed never to roster him but finally have. I changed my mind the past three years. Seems like more of a victim of the Saints game planning than anything else. 

Kamara is a beast, though. 

Who knows?  

Yes, IIRC. What's the implication. Running harder, doing more? 

I've never been high on Ingram and vowed never to roster him but finally have. I changed my mind the past three years. Seems like more of a victim of the Saints game planning than anything else. 

Kamara is a beast, though. 

Who knows?  
I would think he will bust his ### on all touches. Of course I think he already does anyway. Would really like to see him as the feature back somewhere as long as its where a QB can get him the ball as a receiver. I've got him and Bell and hope one goes to Indy next year.

I'm always skeptical of guys coming back from an extended layoff, whether it be from injury or suspension.
Do you have any data to support this theory?  Here are a few players that performed pretty well after a suspension:

E.Elliot was suspended 6 games in 2017.  In his first game back he put up 120 yards.
T.Brady was suspended 4 games in 2016.  In his first game back he put up 400 yards and 3 TDs.
L.Bell was suspended 3 games in 2016.  In his first game back he put up 180 yards.
M.Bryant was suspended 5 games in 2016.  In his first game back he put up 140 yards and 2 TDs.

I would think he will bust his ### on all touches. Of course I think he already does anyway. Would really like to see him as the feature back somewhere as long as its where a QB can get him the ball as a receiver. I've got him and Bell and hope one goes to Indy next year.
Ah, yep. Makes sense. Would be nice to see that. 

Much like people have other irrational prejudices, I have mine about backs from Alabama. It's weird. But he's won me over when I watch.  

Ah, yep. Makes sense. Would be nice to see that. 

Much like people have other irrational prejudices, I have mine about backs from Alabama. It's weird. But he's won me over when I watch.  
Mine is WRs from Ohio State. Drafted David Boston but he pumped himself right out of the league. Such an idiot and his parents & sister were smart & successful. Fortunately I didn't have a shot at Michael Thomas because I would have ended up passing on him.

People are discounting Ingram's ability to a stunning degree. 

This guy has produced top RB1 numbers per touch for the last 3-4 years. 

Kamara is great but so is Ingram. Honestly, if I were a Kamara owner I would be worried.

Might have to bench Josh Gordon for him as my flex this week.

Wish I could start both but my team is too damn good.
That's awesome. 

:lmao:

Laughing with, not at.  You also have Smith-Schuster and Golladay and Hill, don't you? 

You...did not draft Lamar Miller like I did.  :bag:

That's awesome. 

:lmao:

Laughing with, not at.  You also have Smith-Schuster and Golladay and Hill, don't you? 

You...did not draft Lamar Miller like I did.  :bag:
AJ and Golladay. Zeke and Marshawn at RB.

Didn't draft Miller but I did draft Drake which I think is worse.

AJ and Golladay. Zeke and Marshawn at RB.

Didn't draft Miller but I did draft Drake which I think is worse.
Marshawn has been sweet at his ADP, eh? 

Nice work.  

Catch a touch like AJ, spin, raise your arms to the sky, and let the ball just fall where it does.  

Users who are viewing this thread