Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I just don't like any WRs in the early to mid 4th that I like as much as Ingram. Been taking him a lot. Probably at the top of my "own too many shares of" list. Bestballs mostly but a couple FBGs I've done I've snagged him there. Baltimore seems like a money spot for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Harper said:

I'm surprised by the lack of hype. Am I missing something here?

Same. Top Run offense. Probably the best back they've had in that system for a few years now. Solid DEF.

21 minutes ago, Brandon Will said:

Same. Top Run offense. Probably the best back they've had in that system for a few years now. Solid DEF.

I have a lot of him pretty much everywhere. If he falls to the 5th round he's pretty much an auto-draft for me. I also have a lot of Justice Hill too.

• Like 1

I'm grabbing him everywhere I can in redraft. With the legitimate threat of Lamar running, those RPO's open up way more lanes for him.

• Like 1

Been thinking about targeting him all offseason, WITH the intent of handcuffing him with JUSTICE HILL. 

Picked up both, in my biggest redraft league a few days ago. Several more drafts in the coming days, and I will try and get him when I can.

It almost looks like him having solid RB2+ numbers on a consistent basis is damn near a given. In one of the heaviest run offenses in the league (and the presence of a running threat at QB) sign me up.

I'm getting Hill everywhere I get Ingram, so far 1/1.   :football:

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie
spelling
  • Like 1

Woulda loved to have gotten him. He’s going to do well.

as for money, if it’s the first two years, I don’t think the Saints are worrying about that. The last two though.... they got a lot of talent to resign.  

I might be wrong with this thought, NFL cap structure vs NHL is so confusing 

Ravens OC Greg Roman told reporters Thursday that while Mark Ingram is the team's starting running back, everybody is going to contribute.

Specifically, Roman stated, "We'll see who has the hot hand. Mark's our starter. Everybody is going to contribute." Ingram should get the bulk of early-down carries, but it's clear that each of Gus Edwards and Justice Hill are going to be involved as well. Last season Edwards, Kenneth Dixon and Ty Montgomery formed a three-back committee during the Ravens' final six games, with none of the backs ever surpassing even a 55% snap count in a single contest. The entire Ravens' rushing attack is set up beautifully in Week 1 against the Dolphins' porous defense.

RELATED: 

Gus Edwards

, Justice Hill

SOURCE: Baltimore Ravens on Twitter.

Sep 5, 2019, 11:58 AM ET

About what I expected. The guy is as motivated a runner as we’ve seen in some time and this was such a great landing spot. Wasn’t loving the Gus involvement so early but I’m thinking in close games he’s going to be around 20 carries. 

Mark Ingram (questionable, shoulder) is expected to play Week 2 against the Cardinals.

Ingram drew the questionable tag despite seeing his usual practice reps this week. His availability for Sunday's proceedings (it will be his first home game as a Raven) was never in doubt. Ingram gave the Dolphins fits in Week 1 (14-107-2 rushing line) and should be in for a similarly productive day against a Cardinals team traveling cross country for an early game. Serving as the catalyst for arguably the league's most run-centric team, you could make a pretty airtight case for Ingram as a weekly RB1 in fantasy.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 15, 2019, 8:07 AM ET

Mark Ingram rushed 13 times for 47 yards in the Ravens' Week 2 win over the Cardinals.

Ingram left the field in a ton of pain at one point in the first half, but he managed to return and appeared to be back to his normal self. His rushing production was underwhelming considering the great matchup, although it was still good to see him work as the offense's lead pass-down RB. Neither Gus Edwards (three carries) nor Justice Hill (two targets) were nearly as involved as they were in Week 1. Fire up Ingram as a RB2 next week against the Panthers in this dynamic Ravens offense.

Bit of an injury scare but he was ok. The rushing TDs will come.

Edited by The Frankman

Was just offered Ingram for my Brady straight up.  I also have Watson and my rbs are Michel and Fournette.  Is Ingram healthy?  I admittedly haven’t done much research on him this season

3 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Anyone know what the in-game injury was? I saw him in pain onscreen but didn't hear any explanation.

Some kind of chest injury. I heard maybe rins but haven't heard an update since the game.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 6:51 PM, unckeyherb said:

Was just offered Ingram for my Brady straight up.  I also have Watson and my rbs are Michel and Fournette.  Is Ingram healthy?  I admittedly haven’t done much research on him this season

So, yeah.  I’m glad I pulled the trigger on that one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

So, yeah.  I’m glad I pulled the trigger on that one.

Probably was a good idea.

• Like 1

Ingram was so underutilized in NO. He has so much talent. We are finally seeing it. I would like to see him get a bit more involved in the passing game however. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Buy? Sell? Hold?

What do you think he gets you/what do to want for him?

Dynasty - SELL...Redraft - HOLD.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgoldsph said:

Buy? Sell? Hold?

What do you think he gets you/what do to want for him?

On Saturday I tried to sell Ingram + Greg Olsen for Gurley.  No reply.  That's looking very much like a bullet dodged now.

2 hours ago, rickyg said:

Dynasty - SELL...Redraft - HOLD.  

I think he's a hold, maybe even a buy (if you are a contender) in dynasty.

The problem with selling him in dynasty is that everyone thinks he's a sell.  Can you even get a 1st for him?  Doesn't seem like it in my leagues.  Meanwhile he's out there performing as a top 5 RB.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think he's a hold, maybe even a buy (if you are a contender) in dynasty.

The problem with selling him in dynasty is that everyone thinks he's a sell.  Can you even get a 1st for him?  Doesn't seem like it in my leagues.  Meanwhile he's out there performing as a top 5 RB.

This would be the week to test those waters.  Unless of course you are a contender to win it all and he is a main cog 

Ingram has been labeled a sell for 5 years. All he does is put up top 10 finishes and great ypc.

I have no interest in trading him for Alshon Jeffrey and a second round pick or something. Hopefully I'll get to ride him to the playoffs at least a couple more times. 

• Like 1

Redraft ride all the way. Targeted him in all drafts, he’s by far the best RB that the Ravens have had in many a year and their game is so conducive to numbers for RBs. Still see distinctly average RBs like Gus ripping off big gains 

Looks like a big redistribution in snap counts to be essentially an even split with Edwards this past week.

Was there an injury that kept him off the field, game flow, something else?

7 minutes ago, bombjack said:

Looks like a big redistribution in snap counts to be essentially an even split with Edwards this past week.

Was there an injury that kept him off the field, game flow, something else?

he still gets 15 touches. He seems to get 15-20 touches per game. Great match-up but just needs more volume, Lamar Jackson was killing it with his legs.

13 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

besides the KC game he's been meh......so to the bench....and he will blow up now!

On the surface benching a guy getting 16+ touches/game and TDs in 4 of 6 games, including 2 multi-TD games, does not seem like a great decision.

56 minutes ago, Chaka said:

On the surface benching a guy getting 16+ touches/game and TDs in 4 of 6 games, including 2 multi-TD games, does not seem like a great decision.

yeah I forgot he slaughtered Miami too, I guess I expected a lot more from his vs cincy but lamar hogged all the action

if you watched the game, it would piss you off. Ingram, 5 yards, go to bench. After 1st down, in comes Ingram for the 1st play, 2nd down, back to bench. Wash, rinse, repeat. more Harbaugh stupidity.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, lod001 said:

if you watched the game, it would piss you off. Ingram, 5 yards, go to bench. After 1st down, in comes Ingram for the 1st play, 2nd down, back to bench. Wash, rinse, repeat. more Harbaugh stupidity.

I'm mostly kidding, but I wonder if coaches consider that running on and off the field over and over might tire a guy out more than just standing in the huddle and participating in another play instead.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, davearm said:

I'm mostly kidding, but I wonder if coaches consider that running on and off the field over and over might tire a guy out more than just standing in the huddle and participating in another play instead.

Not too mention they are fine tuned athletes, they can take a little bit of breathing heavy and still perform at a high level.  

Some coaches are like 'oh your heart rate is above resting, out you come'

19 hours ago, davearm said:

Chip used to run plays that terminated on far side of field to make defensive subs have to run farther.  

• Like 1

One would think that vs the hawks in Seattle, they would try and run the ball and keep it away from Wilson. Look for harbug to throw it 50 times with their best RB watching from the sidelines.

Mark Ingram rushed 12 times for 46 yards in the Ravens' Week 7 win over the Seahawks.

He caught his lone target for seven yards. Lamar Jackson took this game over single-handedly and needed minimal help from his supporting cast of skill players. Ingram hasn't had a 100-yard game since doing it twice in the first three weeks. Things won't get any easier after next week's bye when the Ravens host the currently-undefeated Patriots.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:45 PM ET

I may be wrong, but he’s always seemed decent at pass catching.  Why wouldn’t they try and improve Lamar’s options by calling more safe dump offs to Ingram?  I mean, yeah, a lot of this suggestion comes from a frustrated owner of Ingram, it just seems like a solid way to improve overall efficiency of BAL’s offense

It was a terrible landing spot to begin with. He's very dependent on inside the 5 rushing TDs. Sucks because I have to use him as bad as CINCY is right now. My RBs are on ####tastic teams.

34 minutes ago, lod001 said:

It was a terrible landing spot to begin with. He's very dependent on inside the 5 rushing TDs. Sucks because I have to use him as bad as CINCY is right now. My RBs are on ####tastic teams.

Not sure why Baltimore is a bad landing spot.  They run the snot out of the ball.  Ingram's 8 rushes from inside the 5 ranks 6th best in the NFL (Cook 12, Michel 11, Elliot McCaffrey Jones 9 each, Ingram K Johnson 8 each).

• Like 1

Elliot McCaffrey Jones is a helluva running back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, That one guy said:

I may be wrong, but he’s always seemed decent at pass catching.  Why wouldn’t they try and improve Lamar’s options by calling more safe dump offs to Ingram?  I mean, yeah, a lot of this suggestion comes from a frustrated owner of Ingram, it just seems like a solid way to improve overall efficiency of BAL’s offense

As a Ravens fan, I've been very perplexed by how few passes they have been throwing to RBs this season. Maybe teams are crowding the line to try to take away the run so when Lamar drops back to pass, the short areas are still pretty well covered? Not to mention that instead of scrambling and then dumping the ball off to a RB when the pocket collapses, that's when Lamar tucks it and runs.

But I think the Ravens know they've gotten a little of balance and aren't handing off to RBs enough. No telling what will happen vs the Patriots, but after that game I wouldn't be surprised moving forward to see them try to get back to running Ingram a lot more.

17 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Elliot McCaffrey Jones is a helluva running back.

Ingram K Johnson ain't too bad either.

1 hour ago, killface said:

I traded him for Henry 

I was offered the reverse: I have Henry, am 90% sure to make the playoffs, and don't like his schedule. Ingram owner is willing to deal, and Ingram's 14/15/16 is better on paper (BUF, NYJ, CLE) than Henry (OAK, HOU, NO).

Tempted but was hoping to pay less for Ingram. Dunno why the guy wants Henry--it's a keeper league and he's 1-6 and is playing for next year, swapping old running backs seems pointless when I'm also offering Ekeler, who will be a top-12 RB when he's solo for the Chargers.