Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

Quote

Mark Ingram rushed nine times for 34 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 10 win over the Bengals.

Ingram only seeing nine carries was disappointing since the Ravens scored 49 points, but Lamar Jackson was too explosive for Ingram to get going. In fact, Baltimore only ran 46 offensive plays because they averaged 8.2 yards as a unit. Ingram should see more than nine carries next week as the clear-cut No. 1 running back for the Ravens. He'll be an RB2 against the Texans.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, humpback said:

Like I was saying....

Right there with ya. Should be a work horse behind that top 5 OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lod001 said:

Right there with ya. Should be a work horse behind that top 5 OL.

It's ridiculous. Doesn't touch the ball on the opening drive of the game, and they pulled him at the goal line for Edwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, humpback said:

It's ridiculous. Doesn't touch the ball on the opening drive of the game, and they pulled him at the goal line for Edwards.

Pretty sure a trend is starting where as long as you are winning, your main guys are not going to play as much until near playoffs. When you play a bottom feeder, you let the backups do the work because you are going to easily beat them This was an easy win so I can see where they let the backup RB do the work. Going to suck for the RB position if this catches on.

Not sure if the Rams are doing the same but they are in trouble if they are because they are losing and Gurley is paid a ton to do nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lod001 said:

Pretty sure a trend is starting where as long as you are winning, your main guys are not going to play as much until near playoffs. When you play a bottom feeder, you let the backups do the work because you are going to easily beat them This was an easy win so I can see where they let the backup RB do the work. Going to suck for the RB position if this catches on.

Not sure if the Rams are doing the same but they are in trouble if they are because they are losing and Gurley is paid a ton to do nothing.

I could see that, but that doesn't really mesh with letting Lamar play (and run) in these games at the same time. This particular game was strange, they had a bunch of chunk plays and a couple of defensive scores so they didn't run many plays on offense (including the back ups). However, on the very first drive of the game, they get down to the goal line almost immediately and Edwards comes in for Ingram, who didn't touch the ball on the drive so it's not like he was winded. I know it's easy to think the game should be a cakewalk, but I don't think most NFL teams think that way and "rest" their starters, particularly on the very first drive of the game.

On paper this is a dream scenario to put up a top 5 RB season but they just won't let him. Frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mark Ingram rushed 13 times for 48 yards in the Ravens' Week 11 win over the Texans, adding three receptions for 37 additional yards and two touchdowns.

Ingram's four targets matched his season high, which tells you all you need to know about his involvement in the passing game. The receiving scores were his first of the year. Ingram was left all alone on the first, a 25-yarder on a coverage bust. For the second, a 12-yarder, Ingram found the sideline and ducked under a tackle before extending for the plane. He's now up to 10 total scores through 10 games. Week 12 road opponent Los Angeles (Rams) has been tough on the ground.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mark Ingram rushed 15 times for 111 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' 45-6, Week 12 win over the Rams Monday night, adding a seven-yard touchdown catch.

The Ravens rushed for 285 yards as a team. This is the best team in the NFL, and it may not be all that close right now. We should get a good look at how close the Niners are to the Ravens when these teams square off next week in Baltimore. Ingram now has 12 touchdowns on the year and four 100-yard rushing games. San Francisco will present a stiff Week 13 test, but Ingram has evolved into a fade-matchup RB1 every week in this potent rushing attack.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mark Ingram rushed 15 times for 50 yards in the Ravens' Week 14 win over the bills, adding three receptions for 29 additional yards.

Ingram has now been held out of the end zone in back-to-back weeks, which is a big problem for him in fantasy because of his modest yardage totals. Ingram has reached 100 yards from scrimmage just twice since September. Week 15 opponent New York (Jets) is pass funnel, trying to stamp out the run while leaving the airways open. Ingram will be in the RB15-20 range for the second week of the fantasy playoffs.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surprise to read that Lamar will get pulled early tonight if the game is in hand. Anybody worried about a reduced role for Ingram?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wormburner said:

No surprise to read that Lamar will get pulled early tonight if the game is in hand. Anybody worried about a reduced role for Ingram?

If the game is hand enough to bench Lamar...then that would mean Ingram would have gotten his by then as well, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Mark Ingram rushed 13 times for 76 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 15 win over the Jets, adding a 10-yard touchdown reception.

The rushing yards were Ingram's most in four games, as were the 86 yards from scrimmage. He could have had a second rushing touchdown but could not cash in a goal-line carry. He found the edge on the one he did. After a pair of somewhat plodding performances, Ingram ran over a defense that entered the evening with the league's lowest YPC against. There was a scary moment late where Ingram plowed into a Gatorade cooler on the sideline. He was visibly upset but was not announced with an injury. Either way, he has 10 days to heal up for what could be his final appearance of the regular season, a Week 16 road trip to Cleveland. He will remain a mid-range RB2 for that one.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandon Will said:

Seeing Mitch Trubisky was on the bench for Wentz and ruined my playoff run in my 20 teamer...

Is Ingram a solid option yet again for 2020?

Way too early to tell.  Gotta wait until at least after the draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Way too early to tell.  Gotta wait until at least after the draft.

I'd say nothing changes as long as that OL stays in tact. It's crazy good. He signed a 3 year deal and with what he's doing he is getting ripped off again for the #s he's putting up. If they win it all I guess the only concern is if he wants a renegotiation & holds out but I don't think that happens. I'm thinking of trying to get pick #4 in dynasty for him if I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, humpback said:

Coulda/shoulda/woulda been a league-winner this year.  :kicksrock:

He’s been great for me in my dynasty league this year, and just started my week 15 game with 23.6 points. 
:shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Way too early to tell.  Gotta wait until at least after the draft.

Not even sure the draft makes a difference. I mean, sure if the Ravens draft a back its a big sign, but they’ve got Gus who’s been a wrecking ball, and Justice Hill. I could see them going with Gus/Justice and letting Ingram walk, depending on MI’s contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PhantomJB said:

If the game is hand enough to bench Lamar...then that would mean Ingram would have gotten his by then as well, no?

That’s exactly how it worked out, but it seems the Ravens have a broader definition of “in hand” since they waited until they were up 3 or 4 scores with like 8 mins left. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

That’s exactly how it worked out, but it seems the Ravens have a broader definition of “in hand” since they waited until they were up 3 or 4 scores with like 8 mins left. ;) 

No kidding. Harbaugh with a page out of Belichick's book to the cheers of Ingram owners worldwide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Not even sure the draft makes a difference. I mean, sure if the Ravens draft a back its a big sign, but they’ve got Gus who’s been a wrecking ball, and Justice Hill. I could see them going with Gus/Justice and letting Ingram walk, depending on MI’s contract. 

That's what I mean though - there's so many good backs coming out this draft a guy may fall to the later rounds who the ravens have high on their board.

With a team running as often as the ravens do then picking up more options out of the backfield is always going to be in play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

He’s been great for me in my dynasty league this year, and just started my week 15 game with 23.6 points. 
:shrug:

Glad you survived his last two duds, but now imagine they gave him as many touches as most teams give their starting RB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, humpback said:

Glad you survived his last two duds, but now imagine they gave him as many touches as most teams give their starting RB.

Let’s get a petition going to ask them to stop running Lamar. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Not even sure the draft makes a difference. I mean, sure if the Ravens draft a back its a big sign, but they’ve got Gus who’s been a wrecking ball, and Justice Hill. I could see them going with Gus/Justice and letting Ingram walk, depending on MI’s contract. 

I don't see any way letting him walk is in their plans right now, his production is way outpacing his price tag, plus they wouldn't be treating him with kid gloves if they planned on moving on next year.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Let’s get a petition going to ask them to stop running Lamar. :lol: 

That might help, but they run so often there is plenty to go around. The bigger problem is that they don't even give him a huge percentage of the RB carries and they barely involve him in the passing game. With the way he and this offense have dominated he should easily be averaging 2-4 more carries and 1-2 more receptions per game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, humpback said:

I don't see any way letting him walk is in their plans right now, his production is way outpacing his price tag, plus they wouldn't be treating him with kid gloves if they planned on moving on next year.

 

They can't "let him walk" as he is under contract for 2 more seasons... 

Gus and Hill arent anything special. Great backups. Baltimore is perfect for a rookie RB to keep things cheap in their winning window

Ingram is a great sell this offseason 

Edited by IROK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, humpback said:

The bigger problem is that they don't even give him a huge percentage of the RB carries and they barely involve him in the passing game. With the way he and this offense have dominated he should easily be averaging 2-4 more carries and 1-2 more receptions per game.

The even bigger problem is that they do a lot of QB RPO, and as evidenced last night, twice they had 1st & goal in the RZ & they went PA pass. One time it was from the 1 on a DPI.

those are the plays that drive one nuts as an ingram owner.  Normally there’s DPI in the end zone & it’s 80% lock for points for your RB. With the Ravens I’d say it’s a coin flip or worse. 
 

and like you said, it might be Gus at the stripe.
 

but he was solid this week - that’s what mattered for me. One week at a time. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ingram ain't going anywhere next year. That would make a lot of players on the team quite upset, including mainly Jackson. he could even play out his contract since he is getting ripped off financially by the Ravens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Ravens RB Mark Ingram suffered a calf strain Monday.

It was a non-contact injury, as Ingram immediately grabbed his lower leg after not receiving the ball on a read-option keep from Lamar Jackson. Ingram had converted eight carries into 55 yards while catching 2-of-2 targets for an additional 36 yards as well as a score prior to departing. It sounds like he'll be healthy enough to potentially suit up for the team's playoff push. Week 17's matchup against the Steelers is probably out of the question. Gus Edwards and Justice Hill will form a thunder-and-lightning combination while Ingram remains sidelined.

 

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mark Ingram (calf) has a "good chance" of playing in Baltimore's Divisional Round matchup.

Coach John Harbaugh noted that Ingram is dealing with a mild to moderate calf strain and that the hope is that he'll be ready to go in the playoff opener. Rapoport adds that Ingram "may not be 100 percent" if he's available this postseason. The Ravens are "strongly considering" resting their starters for the regular season finale, so Ingram wouldn't have played in Week 17 even if he were healthy. Gus Edwards and Justice Hill will split backfield reps until Baltimore returns at full strength three weeks from now against an opponent to be determined.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 23, 2019, 1:47 PM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Faust said:

 

 

Calf strains are nasty. 3 weeks of rest likely won’t suffice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Mark Ingram (calf) said he's "pretty confident" that he'll be ready for the Ravens' playoff opener.

There's no need for Ingram to suit up in Week 17 for the Ravens' meaningless regular season finale against the Steelers. The stud RB added that he was initially concerned after hearing a little pop in the back of his calf, but is relieved it’s not more serious. Gus Edwards and Justice Hill are expected to form a two-RB committee while Ingram is sidelined.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

Dec 26, 2019, 12:23 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Ingram: 15 starts, never reached 20 carries in a game (averaged under 13.5)

Gus Edwards: 1 start, 21 carries (including a lost fumble)

Oh, what could have been... :kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, humpback said:

Mark Ingram: 15 starts, never reached 20 carries in a game (averaged under 13.5)

Gus Edwards: 1 start, 21 carries (including a lost fumble)

Oh, what could have been... :kicksrock:

Tell me about it. Behind that OL, 20-25 a week and he was in the hunt to be the #1 RB in FF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mark Ingram (calf) "felt some tightness" at practice but still has a shot at playing in the Divisional Round against the Titans.

Ingram was practicing at nearly full speed last week but had to slow down after feeling tightness. It was a decision made to lower his chances of re-aggravating his calf injury ahead of Saturday's game. Ingram reportedly still has a chance at suiting up, although we'd be more comfortable with that happening if he was able to get in a limited practice before the weekend. If Ingram were to miss, Gus Edwards and rookie Justice Hill would handle running back duties. With that said, expect Ingram to give it a go in this win-or-go-home matchup.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 7, 2020, 1:53 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Ravens RB Mark Ingram said his injured calf is "really good."

"[I was] trying to be ready for divisional," Ingram said. "Felt good but we just weren’t able to pull it out." Ingram was clearly banged up in the team's Divisional Round loss to the Titans, logging a season-low seven touches on 28 snaps (29%) upon returning from the strained calf he suffered in Week 16. It sounds as if he'll be fully healthy for the team's offseason workouts beginning in April.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Jan 22, 2020, 3:25 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least he's SAYING all the right things. Must be gutting for him to see that draft pick. Since he signed in BAL they have drafted Dobbins and Justice Hill. 

Ingram may have to renegotiate just to stay on the roster THIS season, but there's no way he'll be on the roster in 2021 without a haircut. Really, if I was BAL I would just run Ingram into the ground in 2020 and trade him at the end of the season for a pack of peanuts and draft another RB in the middle of the draft in 2021. It's a cold business but that's probably the smart way for BAL to manage this backfield.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, BoltBacker said:

Well, at least he's SAYING all the right things. Must be gutting for him to see that draft pick. Since he signed in BAL they have drafted Dobbins and Justice Hill. 

Ingram may have to renegotiate just to stay on the roster THIS season, but there's no way he'll be on the roster in 2021 without a haircut. Really, if I was BAL I would just run Ingram into the ground in 2020 and trade him at the end of the season for a pack of peanuts and draft another RB in the middle of the draft in 2021. It's a cold business but that's probably the smart way for BAL to manage this backfield.

This.  

I suspect he'll still get a similar workload to last year.  

Dobbins can siphon touches off Edwards/Hill.  

Ingram as successful for a couple of years splitting reps with Kamara.  I think he'll still be good sharing with Dobbins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine if the Patriots had just drafted this guy way back when? He took a while, but he's been really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Lamar Jackson can regress and still have epic 2020 season behind elite Ravens squad

Excerpt:

Quote

This is an offense situated around the running game. Can a fantasy manager conceivably draft both Mark Ingram and J.K. Dobbins and be fine, or should one RB be prioritized over the other?

Liz: Dobbins was my No. 1 ranked RB heading into this year’s NFL draft. His three-down skill set, authoritative running style, and experience as a pass protector align perfectly with the Ravens’ scheme and style. But Mark Ingram is still it. Sure, he’s 30-years-old, but he’s also a key piece of Baltimore’s team culture, which is something the franchise has historically valued in veteran players. Furthermore, Baltimore doesn’t have a contractual out until 2021. 

It makes sense then that as long as he’s healthy, Ingram will work as the team’s RB1. Therefore, I’d prioritize the vet over the rookie, BUT if a manager made a different player or positional choice in the fourth round (which is where Ingram seems to be coming off the board) then I’d certainly target Dobbins in the double-digit rounds. Ultimately, having a piece of this rushing attack should be #goals.

Dalton: Considering the Ravens ran for nearly 1,000 more yards than the No. 2 team last year, both Ingram and Dobbins could finish as viable fantasy RB2s in 2020. But I’m prioritizing Dobbins, who’s younger and seemingly a perfect fit coming from a similar RPO system in college. Baltimore management loves the rookie and graded him as their No. 1 RB and as a first-rounder in the draft, and he’s coming off a final season at Ohio State that was more productive than Ezekiel Elliott’s. The Ravens don’t throw to backs much and Ingram remains (although he’s 30 with an injury history), but given his situation and talent, Dobbins has legit first-round fantasy upside as a rookie.

Andy: There’s little question at the moment that Mark Ingram is the guy at the top of this team’s backfield depth chart. He’s an excellent all-purpose back coming off a terrific season (5.0 YPC, 15 TDs). Of course he’s also 30 years old; Dobbins was drafted as both his understudy and, in all likelihood, next year’s starter. You can certainly draft both Ingram and Dobbins on the same roster, because Baltimore’s rushing offense is exceptional. Plenty of carries to go around, more than any one back can handle. But it should go without saying that you’d never actually start both Dobbins and Ingram in the same week. That feels like a low-probability bet. Ingram enters the season as the team’s No. 1 back, and, again, he feasted a year ago.

 

Edited by Faust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

MARK INGRAM RB, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman said the team's backfield "division of labor" would change "on a week-to-week basis." 

Thanks Greg. Sounds like a fantasy football nightmare. Mark Ingram is listed on the team's official depth chart as the RB1, with rookie RB J.K. Dobbins buried at RB4. Gus Edwards is listed as the RB2 and Justice Hill is the RB3. Sometimes team depth charts don't mean anything, but between where Dobbins landed on the chart and Roman's comments, the Baltimore backfield could be a headache to project from week to week. Ingram will most likely get first crack at maintaining the early-down role he enjoyed in 2019. Whoever seizes that role this year will be tremendously valuable in fantasy leagues. 

RELATED: 

J.K. Dobbins

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Sep 10, 2020, 11:41 AM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s not much different than last season. 

Justice Hill truthers we’re disappointed IIRC. 

I know Dobbins > Hill, but I don’t think Dobbins > Ingram quite yet.

I suspect we’ll look back at season’s end and see roughly the same numbers from Ingram as 2019, assuming good health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the guy behind Ingram will vary a bit week to week. But Ingram will always be ahead of Hill and Edwards. If Dobbins catches fire he’s the only one who could surpass Ingram as the lead back later in the year.
 

Anyone else remember when Alex Collins/Buck Allen were the rbs? Often on short yardage/goal line Buck would line up as fullback with Collins set deep. Buck would be given the ball on a dive to use his size or Collins given it on a pitch/flip outside to take advantage of his quickness. I can see a rich man’s version of that this year with Ingram and fb and Dobbins deep. Lamar could give it to Ingram, pull it and keep, pull it and pitch, or pull it and throw. Really difficult for the defense to attack Ingram’s dive with those options. He should get some layup tds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ravens are going to be in some positive 2nd half game scripts, like they were last season.  That's plenty of time for mop-up duty and a perfect excuse to rest veterans such as Ingram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

I think the guy behind Ingram will vary a bit week to week. But Ingram will always be ahead of Hill and Edwards. If Dobbins catches fire he’s the only one who could surpass Ingram as the lead back later in the year.
 

Anyone else remember when Alex Collins/Buck Allen were the rbs? Often on short yardage/goal line Buck would line up as fullback with Collins set deep. Buck would be given the ball on a dive to use his size or Collins given it on a pitch/flip outside to take advantage of his quickness. I can see a rich man’s version of that this year with Ingram and fb and Dobbins deep. Lamar could give it to Ingram, pull it and keep, pull it and pitch, or pull it and throw. Really difficult for the defense to attack Ingram’s dive with those options. He should get some layup tds.

There was also this Dixon guy around periodically who was perpetually on the verge of catching fire.

I'm not a Ravens fan but I recall some lengthy threads here where people were trying to work through how Balt should be using their backs versus how they actually were using their backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member