Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2 minutes ago, habsfan said:

There was also this Dixon guy around periodically who was perpetually on the verge of catching fire.

I'm not a Ravens fan but I recall some lengthy threads here where people were trying to work through how Balt should be using their backs versus how they actually were using their backs.

I think that was mostly around Buck being a JAG but reliable as a receiver/ball security and Collins looking pretty good for a stretch but uncertain as a receiver/a fumbler. Left for a lot of Buck even as the less explosive option. Then Collins hurt his foot, got in some trouble off the field and was gone. Dixon flashed plus receiving ability and power but couldn’t stay healthy, got popped for PEDs I believe and some other substance issues.

Mark Ingram rushed 10 times for 29 yards in the Ravens' Week 1 win over the Browns.

Ingram led the Ravens in carries but only saw 32% of the team's rushes. Rookie J.K. Dobbins stole seven carries and ran as the goal line back, punching in two scores within the Browns' five. Ingram finished the 2019 season with 40 red zone rushes and 15 within his opponent's five-yard-line. If he continues to give that role to Dobbins, Ingram's fantasy upside will be severely hindered. He scored 15 times in as many weeks last year. The Ravens face Houston next week in a game that should tell us a lot about the rushing split in Baltimore. Ingram is still an RB2 for now.

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman

Mark Ingram rushed nine times for 55 yards and one score, hauling in two catches for 33 yards in Baltimore's Week 2 trouncing of Houston.

Ingram was out-carried by Gus Edwards 10 to 9 but still made one of his attempts count with a 29-yard touchdown dash up the middle on 4th-and-1 in the fourth quarter. Currently averaging 9.5 carries per game through Baltimore's first two contests, fantasy players should expect that number to increase the moment the Ravens face tougher competition. He'll be a matchup-based RB3 in Week 3 against the Chiefs.

Sep 20, 2020, 9:20 PM ET

Mark Ingram rushed seven times for 30 yards in the Ravens' Week 3 loss to the Chiefs.

He failed to catch his lone target in the pass game. Ingram led the Ravens' running back trio with his seven carries, but none of the three were able to get going against a Chiefs defense that dominated the line of scrimmage. Ingram has single-digit carries the last two weeks. He's as touchdown-dependent as ever in a Ravens offense that has four ball-carriers. Ingram will be worth firing up in fantasy for Week 4 against the lowly Washington squad.

Sep 28, 2020, 11:33 PM ET

He is now a serious potential pothole in your line up, not sure you even want to be playing him on Bye Weeks when those start soon. 

The only shining light in this could be that as the weather starts to shift and we get into November that it would seem logical they will use him more but at the same time he just doesn't feel like a big part of the offense right now. 

33 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

He is now a serious potential pothole in your line up, not sure you even want to be playing him on Bye Weeks when those start soon. 

The only shining light in this could be that as the weather starts to shift and we get into November that it would seem logical they will use him more but at the same time he just doesn't feel like a big part of the offense right now. 

Yeah.   Their offense was mostly junk last night though 

• Like 1

It's a shame but they refuse to give him enough work to justify starting him. Barring an injury (or 2) he's on the bench.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, humpback said:

It's a shame but they refuse to give him enough work to justify starting him. Barring an injury (or 2) he's on the bench.

The Ravens don’t need to give him more work.  Dobbins looks good and figures to gather more touches as the season progresses. Edwards looked good against the Chiefs, even slightly better than Ingram.   Injury is the only way the RBBC goes down to a two man committee allowing any of the backs to be started with confidence.   I’m in a 10 team league with short benches, and plan to try to move on from Ingram.  

23 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

The Ravens don’t need to give him more work.  Dobbins looks good and figures to gather more touches as the season progresses. Edwards looked good against the Chiefs, even slightly better than Ingram.   Injury is the only way the RBBC goes down to a two man committee allowing any of the backs to be started with confidence.   I’m in a 10 team league with short benches, and plan to try to move on from Ingram.  

I think Ingram is their best overall RB and I'd argue that last week showed they need to give their RBs more touches in general but I agree, this backfield sucks for fantasy and isn't likely to change anytime soon.

The only way you're going to move on from Ingram in a league like that is to drop him, no one will (or should) give up anything for him.

The Ravens haven't really played a competitive game yet. I am waiting for a more normal game script before I give up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

The Ravens haven't really played a competitive game yet. I am waiting for a more normal game script before I give up.

This is how I feel as well.  Lamar has come down to earth a bit, and looked super frustrated Monday.......Harbaugh is a good coach though, and they have the personnel to pound the rock.  And Lamar will be better.  I'd bet on Ingram having some solid games in coming weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, humpback said:

I think Ingram is their best overall RB and I'd argue that last week showed they need to give their RBs more touches in general but I agree, this backfield sucks for fantasy and isn't likely to change anytime soon.

The only way you're going to move on from Ingram in a league like that is to drop him, no one will (or should) give up anything for him.

I've seen nothing from Ingram this year.  Maybe he is rounding into game shape, I dunno.  But his production doesn't warrant more work.  Isn't passing the eye test either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

I've seen nothing from Ingram this year.  Maybe he is rounding into game shape, I dunno.  But his production doesn't warrant more work.  Isn't passing the eye test either.

Sadly, I fully agree with you. RB is typically a young-man's game... I must be using the same eye test as you because the other RBs look fresher to me as well.

At best, maybe they want to save as much of Ingram as they can for the play-offs?

I don't like what I am hearing from Ravens players this year. They seem singularly focused on KCC where as they should be worried that they're a game behind PIT in their own division.

24 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Well if you blinked you missed it, only 26 carries and 2 receptions in 3 games, but he's been fine (4.4 ypc and 11 ypr). Looks fine to me with his limited touches, so do the other RBs, but they simply haven't been using any of them enough.

8 hours ago, humpback said:

Well if you blinked you missed it, only 26 carries and 2 receptions in 3 games, but he's been fine (4.4 ypc and 11 ypr). Looks fine to me with his limited touches, so do the other RBs, but they simply haven't been using any of them enough.

agree he looks fine to me as well. Not sure what others are seeing that they don't like but Im not jumping ship yet. Lets see what the next 2-3 weeks have in store but he may bounce back this weekend 

Total Disaster for owners or drafters but I fo feel like his time will come just when everyone turns the page on him in 2020. 

9 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Sadly, I fully agree with you. RB is typically a young-man's game... I must be using the same eye test as you because the other RBs look fresher to me as well.

At best, maybe they want to save as much of Ingram as they can for the play-offs?

I don't like what I am hearing from Ravens players this year. They seem singularly focused on KCC where as they should be worried that they're a game behind PIT in their own division.

21-1 vs the rest of the league, 0-3 vs KC...you tell me amigo. 

9 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

21-1 vs the rest of the league, 0-3 vs KC...you tell me amigo. 

One way to slice it, yes. I see 2-1 in 2020, 2nd place in Division, and 2 straight stinkers from last years dominating MVP. So far they look like a team that expected to skate right through to the AFCC game... and maybe they will, but if they trip up and find themselves 2 games behind PIT at the BYE? Gonna have to really sharpen those skates.

Again, Jackson is my QB... I want to be so wrong about this. But bad time to have two consecutive games that are both worse than his lowest game in 2019. Hoping he knocks it out of the park going forward. I can't have Gostkowski bail him  out every week 😆

• Like 1

Mark Ingram rushed eight rimes for 34 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 4 win against the Football Team. 

Ingram was out-rushed by Gus Edwards, saving his fantasy day with a short touchdown. Ingram is a weekly touchdown-or-bust fantasy option going forward. Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman wasn't kidding when he said in August that the team would use a running back rotation that would change by the game. 

Oct 4, 2020, 5:58 PM ET

4th straight week I’ve asked myself why I drafted him

Ravens RB Mark Ingram (ankle) won't return against the Eagles. 

Ravens trainer wrapped Ingram's ankle after an early first quarter injury. Ingram returned in the second quarter and handled two carries. He ends his day with five rushes for 20 yards in Week 6. If Ingram misses time, J.K. Dobbins would be the most likely beneficiary, though Gus Edwards would see short yardage and perhaps goal line work. 

RELATED: 

J.K. Dobbins

, Gus Edwards

Oct 18, 2020, 3:08 PM ET

On 10/5/2020 at 12:50 AM, BobbyLayne said:

4th straight week I’ve asked myself why I drafted him

I did too, luckily I also have Mostert and Cook.. ingram isn't a FF option anymore

Just now, PennStater77 said:

I did too, luckily I also have Mostert and Cook.. ingram isn't a FF option anymore

I almost cut him for McKissic this week (full PPR)

all the Ravens backs are worthless in this committee

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Mark Ingram (ankle) has a "chance" to play in Week 8 against the Steelers.

Ravens won't return until after their bye in Week 8, but it sounds like the extended break may not be enough for Ingram to recover. Fantasy players should add Gus Edwards, who out-snapped J.K. Dobbins 32 to 30 on Sunday, in advance of Baltimore's next contest against Pittsburgh. Ingram's participation in the practices leading up to kick-off will be worth monitoring.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Oct 19, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

Never want people to get hurt This is honestly kind of good news For Ingram owners.  Off this week and maybe a chance to play In week 8?  Along with his lackluster usage, Easy cut now

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Mark Ingram has been diagnosed with a "mid- to high-ankle sprain," but that it "isn't considered severe." 

In other words, he has a high-ankle sprain but the Ravens are hoping he can play through it when they return from their Week 7 bye. Coach John Harbaugh has already said Ingram will "probably" suit up vs. the Steelers. Whether he plays or not, the last thing Ingram needed was something to further limit his effectiveness as he struggles to break free from the three-man rotation in the Ravens' backfield. Ingram is an increasingly tenuous hold in 12-man leagues. He is averaging nine touches and has two total touchdowns. Disappointingly for fantasy managers, it has been Gus Edwards next in line for carries, and not rookie J.K. Dobbins. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Oct 20, 2020, 5:53 PM ET

Mark Ingram (ankle) is not practicing Wednesday.

Ingram is dealing with sprained ankle and had the bye week to rest up, but he still doesn't seem ready to play this week against the Steelers. If Ingram sits, Gus Edwards and J.K. Dobbins should form a two-man committee, though we wouldn't put it past the Ravens to get Justice Hill involved in some capacity.

RELATED: 

Gus Edwards

, J.K. Dobbins

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Oct 28, 2020, 1:47 PM ET