Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Already had a GL TD vultured from the Saints FB. Where the heck is Ingram? :wall:

Wow...from the 1, even. There's not much left to speculate on about how the Saints plan to use this guy.

Already had a GL TD vultured from the Saints FB. Where the heck is Ingram? :wall:

Wow...from the 1, even. There's not much left to speculate on about how the Saints plan to use this guy.
Ingram was in the game. He was lined up in the slot.

Ingram was in the game. He was lined up in the slot.
Ingram is now the Jumbo formation blocker? :confused:

At this point you should realize that Peyton's game plan is to mix thing up so much that it both confuses defenses and fantasy owners!

Edited by wudaben

I started Sproles over Ingram again this week in my main standard scoring league. With Ingram, you have to pray he scores a TD to just be fantasy relevant, meanwhile Sproles piles up the yards and seems to have at least as good a chance at a TD.

I started Sproles over Ingram again this week in my main standard scoring league.

Cool story bro

I started Sproles over Ingram again this week in my main standard scoring league.

Cool story bro
:lmao:

Cool story bro
OLOLOLOLOOLOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111ONE

Cool story bro

Cool story bro
I think it is a cool story. Mark Ingram is JUNK.

Third GL opportunity wasted. Brees passing from obvious Ingram territory at the 2 and they settle for a FG. Are they ever going to run Ingram in the GL?

It's clear that the Saints are just mixing things up. As before the def knew that when Ingram was in the game it was a running play and he was getting the rock but now they are clearing switching things up to counter act what the defs have been doing. Don't give up on Ingram yet, just hold him if you can because a bigger pay day is coming. This is an obvious adjustment by Sean.

giddy up

Edited by BigTex

One thing should be clear at this point....Ingram is absolutely not the GL back. No matter where they are on the field, Sproles is in if it's 3rd down. If it's 1st or 2nd, it's a toss-up between every RB on the roster. Based on the past 2 weeks, it looks like PT has a leg up on Ingram for RZ carries. Maybe later in the year this will change, but for now Ingram's value in redraft is practically nil. If he had a different name on his jersey and hadn't been so widely drafted in the first 6 rounds, he'd been on waivers in most leagues. His situation is basically the same as Donald Brown's has been the last few years: secondary RB on an extremely pass-heavy team.

Edited by Astangi

One thing should be clear at this point....Ingram is absolutely not the GL back. No matter where they are on the field, Sproles is in if it's 3rd down. If it's 1st or 2nd, it's a toss-up between every RB on the roster. Based on the past 2 weeks, it looks like PT has a leg up on Ingram for RZ carries. Maybe later in the year this will change, but for now Ingram's value in redraft is practically nil. If he had a different name on his jersey and hadn't been so widely drafted in the first 6 rounds, he'd been on waivers in most leagues. His situation is basically the same as Donald Brown's has been the last few years: secondary RB on an extremely pass-heavy team.

this is totally wrong. Ingram could have easily had 2 TDs today but they went with gimmick plays both times on 1st and goal at the 1 with him lined up at HB. If they hand it to him twice he has a monster game. Just Payton with weird playcalls

It's clear that the Saints are just mixing things up. As before the def knew that when Ingram was in the game it was a running play and he was getting the rock but now they are clearing switching things up to counter act what the defs have been doing. Don't give up on Ingram yet, just hold him if you can because a bigger pay day is coming. This is an obvious adjustment by Sean.giddy up

Yep. Payton is setting this up so Ingy gets 3 TDs next week :thumbup:

All of FBG's hopes were pinned on the fact that Payton opted for Ingram in GL runs and even in week #1 with the game on the line. Though Ingram didn't score, it was an encouraging sign how Ingram was being used in the red zone. I don't think Ingram is a decoy, so much as he's not an integral part of the Saints gameplan. Sproles is the main back there, and Ingram and Thomas are picking up the sloppy seconds. I'm not dumping Ingram....yet. But he won't sniff my starting lineup, and so glad I subbed him out before the start of today's game in both leagues. Just a bad vibe around Ingram right now. He's going to have to prove it to me.

this is totally wrong. Ingram could have easily had 2 TDs today but they went with gimmick plays both times on 1st and goal at the 1 with him lined up at HB. If they hand it to him twice he has a monster game. Just Payton with weird playcalls
:no:Those "wierd playcalls" led to 2 TD's. He didn't have confidence enough to run Ingram near the GL even one time today, on 3 different GL opportunities. Ingram's value is tied to his GL RB status. If doesn't have at least that, he's practically worthless.

We get points for decoys. Guy is a beast for the HoPetts.

:goodposting:

:no:Those "wierd playcalls" led to 2 TD's. He didn't have confidence enough to run Ingram near the GL even one time today, on 3 different GL opportunities. Ingram's value is tied to his GL RB status. If doesn't have at least that, he's practically worthless.
So did he run any running backs at the GL??? If so, who and how many times?

So did he run any running backs at the GL??? If so, who and how many times?
Yes, he ran the fullback from one yard out. He scored.

I'm sure he has confidence in Ingram. I was just saying he was the GL back very clearly. just didn't call his number, if he had I'm sure he would have had at least a TD and this would have been a quieter thread

For redraft purposes, I can't see any reason to hold onto this guy any longer. He has no value to me even as a flex starter. I will dump him this week to waivers in favor of a prospect unless somebody has a good reason as to why this is not a good move. Anyone?

For redraft purposes, I can't see any reason to hold onto this guy any longer.

:lmao: :lmao:

I didn't see any of the game. He's just not getting enough touches. What am I missing?

Are you laughing because it took him this long to come to that conclusion? I think it's fairly clear that he's pretty much worthless unless you play in a 14+ team league with decent benches. Can't wait to hear all the apologists tell us how great the Jacksonville run defense is though and how he's going to be an absolutely stud the second half of the season with 12+ TDs.

I started him today thinking this was his breakout game. < 3.5 ypc isn't going to hack it. Welcome to my bench. Thinking I might drop him for Ridley.

I didn't see any of the game. He's just not getting enough touches. What am I missing?
I dont know about your league, but the best RBs on my WWs are John Kuhn, Marcel Reece, Lance Ball, and Delone Carter. If youre dropping Ingram for 1 of them, go for it.

Are you laughing because it took him this long to come to that conclusion? I think it's fairly clear that he's pretty much worthless unless you play in a 14+ team league with decent benches. Can't wait to hear all the apologists tell us how great the Jacksonville run defense is though and how he's going to be an absolutely stud the second half of the season with 12+ TDs.
It's week 4. Granted he hasn't done anything to make us go "wow." However, he's potentially the #1 RB on a very potent offense. You'd be stupid to drop him. He could have had 2 TDs today, but he didn't. Go ahead and drop him.

It's week 4. Granted he hasn't done anything to make us go "wow." However, he's potentially the #1 RB on a very potent offense. You'd be stupid to drop him. He could have had 2 TDs today, but he didn't. Go ahead and drop him.
No kidding. Not to mention he is a rookie with limited offseason work. I could easily see him getting hot down the stretch and carrying some teams. The talent is not in question. I wouldn't be cutting him unless it was a shallow league with some really good options on the WW.

Ingram "could have easily" had 2TDs every week this season. The observations in ths thread of the Saint's play calling Have generally been around their aversion to using Ingram in the role which all the fantasy speculators thought they would. After this week, you'll see that Sproles probably has more RZ plays than Ingram for the season. By almost any definition, Ingram is a bust at this point in the season for redraft. I'm not knocking Ingram the player, but it's high time we all wake up and accept that Payton is basically Shanahan when it comes to RB play calling in the RZ. 1/3rd through the fantasy season Ingram, is not a player who can be trusted in lineups (because of Payton). We've seen it all: playing with the lead, playing from behind, inside the 20, inside the 5, early in the game, late in the game. The only thing we can say with certainty is that Ingram may he used as a decoy at some point in each game. He is not guaranteed anything fantasy-wise outside of 8 carries for 30-something yards.

For this to happen THIS SEASON, which is all I care about, he's got have at least 18 carries every game, and I'm just not seeing that happen. If he only gets 10 carries or so, then the fact that he could have had 2 touchdowns today is meaningless, because he'll never be good enough to start.

I see in the box score that he had 17 carries today. I didn't know that, and it changes my mind, for the time being. Gotta hold onto the guy a little longer for sure.

For this to happen THIS SEASON, which is all I care about, he's got have at least 18 carries every game, and I'm just not seeing that happen.
Of course you aren't. Go ahead and drop him. :thumbup:

I'm a Saints fan and an Ingram believer, but I'd probably drop him in redraft if there was anyone remotely valuable on the WW. It's going to take some injuries for him to every be a safe start this season. Payton is in love with Sproles, he's not going anywhere and Ingram is not, in any sense, outperforming Pierre. Add to that Ivory is rumored to be on schedule and good to go after week 7, it's just a terrible situation. If he would have distinguished himself right off the bat in week 1 it might have been a different story, but he didn't and this is the Darren Sproles show now.

Edited by ThePittbully

At this rate, Ingram would have to get 30 carries a game to be fantasy relevant. The fact is, Sproles and PT consistently do more with every touch they get.

I'm a Saints fan and an Ingram believer, but I'd probably drop him in redraft if there was anyone remotely valuable on the WW.

A bit hyperbolic there. I'd say that Ingram is still a bit more than remotely valuable.In much shallower redraft leagues, he may be a cut. But in your average redraft, there's not much better than him on the wire.

I love Ingram and made sure I got him in my dynasty league, but I just cant see him being startable at any point this year. Agree with the poster above, Payton is just in love with Sproles and using him like a kid using his new toy on Christmas day. I did think Ingram would emerge at some point but now I really dont see it happening.

This is typical Payton for anyone who follows the Saints.

40+ attempts from Brees in the game. Why?

Payton.

The Ingram love fest thread is in desperate need of some shader to make believers feel better about our investment.

I don't know guys. I was all ready to dump this guy, but then I saw the stat sheet, and now I've changed my mind. 17 carries, 2 receptions. On an offense like New Orleans, that should be good for RB2 numbers on a weekly basis, meaning he will eventually earn his status as a 5th round pick (where I grabbed him). We'll have to wait and see, but I really like the number of touches.

Edited by timschochet