Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ingram is a bust? OK I guess in 4-game FF seasons, sorry to those over-enthusiastic owners that missed the play-offs.And if he's a bust, so is Mendenhall, Arian Foster (well, he had 1 good game), Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Michael Turner, Hillis, SJax, Jahvid Best, and Gore?Bottom line, if you thought Ingram was going to anchor your RB's out of the gate... you're not a gambler, you are a contributor.

I draft guys in the 6th round and later if I expect them to sit on my bench with no chance of contributing for half a season in redraft leagues. Ingram went much higher than that and was a total reach for what his production looks like right now.And for anyone comparing Ingram to Blount's situation, you're dreaming. Caddy was awful, so making the move to Blount made sense. Sproles and Thomas have been tearing it up so far and have put up much better numbers than Ingram. What incentive do the Saints have to increase his workload when everyone else is already doing more with less? If anything, he may see a REDUCTION in his carries going forward.

What incentive do the Saints have to increase his workload when everyone else is already doing more with less?

His workload increased this week and the Saints won. Ingram didn't go off with the increased touches but the past two weeks have seen more involvement in the passing game (again, no production there but it is noteworthy) and an increase in number of touches. If anything, Payton appears more interested in getting Ingram more involved, not less.

Well, I'm eating it hard on this one. I feel like the opportunities have been (and continue to be) there, but they're just not turning into production. Sorry if I convinced anybody in a redraft that trading Ingram early would be a mistake. :(

My strategy of loading up on WR talent early this year is keeping me afloat, but the particular RB's I stocked up on in the middle are becoming a real albatross. Thank god I managed to avoid guys like Beanie and Fred, while nabbing Hightower and Ingram. Oof.

True but they were high on Nicks last year and he was a hit. Gotta give them some slack.
They? They who?
Link

That's Dodds. Maurile had him 9th. The other guys had him in the early to mid teens.

ESPN had him 24th.

But how was I failing to give them slack? I wasn't giving them anything.

Ingram is a bust? OK I guess in 4-game FF seasons, sorry to those over-enthusiastic owners that missed the play-offs.

And if he's a bust, so is Mendenhall, Arian Foster (well, he had 1 good game), Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Michael Turner, Hillis, SJax, Jahvid Best, and Gore?

Bottom line, if you thought Ingram was going to anchor your RB's out of the gate... you're not a gambler, you are a contributor.

I draft guys in the 6th round and later if I expect them to sit on my bench with no chance of contributing for half a season in redraft leagues. Ingram went much higher than that and was a total reach for what his production looks like right now.

And for anyone comparing Ingram to Blount's situation, you're dreaming. Caddy was awful, so making the move to Blount made sense. Sproles and Thomas have been tearing it up so far and have put up much better numbers than Ingram. What incentive do the Saints have to increase his workload when everyone else is already doing more with less? If anything, he may see a REDUCTION in his carries going forward.

Anyone expecting a lot more from Ingram was dreaming given the circumstances.

As for my Blount comparison....help me understand....Was it that Caddy was awful? He wasn't looking awful in the beginning of the year. Did he get hurt? I honestly don't remember. What I do remember is Blount was eased into the running game slowly as he picked things up as a rookie. I agree that Sproles is tearing it up, Thomas has looked decent(not tearing it up though). NO has the luxury of bringing Ingram along more slowly than Blount was. How many games into the season was it that Blount really began to take over? Was it 4? or was it more like 8 or 9? With more time, I don't see Ingram REGRESSING. As things "slow down" for Ingram ( (offensive scheme/pass blocking assignments) I believe (as evidenced by his increased touches) he'll continue to get more and more chances. Will he be a 3 down back with Sproles playing the way he is? Not likely. But I do think he will likely be a RB2 beginning around mid-season barring injury.

Ingram is a bust? OK I guess in 4-game FF seasons, sorry to those over-enthusiastic owners that missed the play-offs.And if he's a bust, so is Mendenhall, Arian Foster (well, he had 1 good game), Chris Johnson, Shonn Greene, Michael Turner, Hillis, SJax, Jahvid Best, and Gore?Bottom line, if you thought Ingram was going to anchor your RB's out of the gate... you're not a gambler, you are a contributor.

I draft guys in the 6th round and later if I expect them to sit on my bench with no chance of contributing for half a season in redraft leagues. Ingram went much higher than that and was a total reach for what his production looks like right now.And for anyone comparing Ingram to Blount's situation, you're dreaming. Caddy was awful, so making the move to Blount made sense. Sproles and Thomas have been tearing it up so far and have put up much better numbers than Ingram. What incentive do the Saints have to increase his workload when everyone else is already doing more with less? If anything, he may see a REDUCTION in his carries going forward.
Getting your 1st round pick his share of touches after your last 1st round RB (Bush) was a bust seems like enough incentive to me. Edited by Kenny Powers

Sean Payton wants to win in the NFL playoffs. To do that he needs to find balance in his offense. That's how they won it last time. He has plenty of incentive to get Ingram more and more involved and developed. To that end however, Ingram needs to start doing more with the opportunities he gets.

I've been playing fantasy football for almost 20 years now, and I've often gravitated towards taking a flyer on a rookie RB whenever I feel that talent and situation allow a chance to greatly exceed draft position. This has helped me to nab the likes of Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Fred Taylor, Chris Johnson and Matt Forte in their rookie seasons. However, the one rookie RB that I remember above all others was the one I drafted way back in 1995 - Curtis Martin.

The reason I remember Martin so vividly is because I dropped him after week 7, due to disappointing production and losing my patience with the situation. Here's his statistical production through the first six games (when I finally gave up hope and dropped him):

94 rushes for 288 yards and 2 TDs rushing along with 6 receptions for 39 yards and 0 TDs receiving.

On a per game basis: 15.67 carries at 3.06 yds per carry (around 48 yds per game) and one TD every three games, plus one reception for 6.5yds.

In the season's opener he rushed for 102 yards but in the next five games 40, 63, 44, 8, & 31 yards respectively. :X

After being patient for 7 long weeks, I felt I could probably do better on the waiver wire than continuing to chase potential with Curtis Martin. Had there been a FBGs message board at the time I would have been the first to tell people, "drop this rookie BUST like a bad habit".

Unfortunately after I dropped him, Martin exploded for 127 yds and a rushing TD in week 8, and subsequently another team with waiver wire priority over me promptly scooped him up and rode him all the way to the title game. I was left shaking my head while over the next 10 weeks Martin accumulated the following stats:

274 rushes for 1,199 yards and 12 rushing TDs, along with 24 receptions for 222 yards and one TD receiving. In fact over those last ten weeks Martin rushed for over 100 yards nine times and still scored a TD in the only week he was held under the century mark.

On a per game basis: 27.4 carries at 4.37 yds per carry, along with 2.4 receptions at 9.25 yds per catch, and 1.3 total TDs per game.

My point in all of this is that Curtis Martin taught me a valuable fantasy football lesson. If/when I believe in a rookie RB's talent and situation, then I will hold onto him all season long if I have to, and I won't drop him just because of a slow start to his NFL career. Sometimes it takes awhile for a rookie to get comfortable and for the game to start slowing down, or for the coaches to properly scheme and match his skills to the offense.

I'm not talking about the Bilal Powell's, DeMarco Murray's, and Jacquizz Rodgers' of the world, although certainly one of them could emerge. Rather I'm talking about very talented rookie RBs drafted to take over a #1 RB role in a decent situation. Ingram certainly meets those qualifiers.

I might never start him all season long, but I'm damn sure not going to miss out on the intersection of talent and opportunity if/when they finally coincide. Now I can't tell you that Curtis Martin is a great analogy for Ingram... Brees and Co. are far more explosive than Bledsoe and Co., and Dave Meggett was no Darren Sproles, although he too was a valuable multi-purpose RB and out of the backfield receiving threat for Parcells in 1995. However, the opportunity is ever lurking in N.O. for Ingram to emerge in a big way. If it happens this season I will be taking advantage in several leagues. If it doesn't, oh well...

i'm sticking

For ingram owners in dynasty- What kind of value would it take for you to trade him out of curiosity.

I have him in a keeper league and I'm holding him (we keep 4 players). I think it would take someone established like S. Jackson or maybe Blount, or a solid WR like Marshall or Holmes. Since I don't think I could get those players I will be holding. However, my team isn't very good. If I had a team on the cusp of winning the league I might take less to win this year.

I've been playing fantasy football for almost 20 years now, and I've often gravitated towards taking a flyer on a rookie RB whenever I feel that talent and situation allow a chance to greatly exceed draft position. This has helped me to nab the likes of Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Fred Taylor, Chris Johnson and Matt Forte in their rookie seasons. However, the one rookie RB that I remember above all others was the one I drafted way back in 1995 - Curtis Martin.

The reason I remember Martin so vividly is because I dropped him after week 7, due to disappointing production and losing my patience with the situation. Here's his statistical production through the first six games (when I finally gave up hope and dropped him):

94 rushes for 288 yards and 2 TDs rushing along with 6 receptions for 39 yards and 0 TDs receiving.

On a per game basis: 15.67 carries at 3.06 yds per carry (around 48 yds per game) and one TD every three games, plus one reception for 6.5yds.

In the season's opener he rushed for 102 yards but in the next five games 40, 63, 44, 8, & 31 yards respectively. :X

After being patient for 7 long weeks, I felt I could probably do better on the waiver wire than continuing to chase potential with Curtis Martin. Had there been a FBGs message board at the time I would have been the first to tell people, "drop this rookie BUST like a bad habit".

Unfortunately after I dropped him, Martin exploded for 127 yds and a rushing TD in week 8, and subsequently another team with waiver wire priority over me promptly scooped him up and rode him all the way to the title game. I was left shaking my head while over the next 10 weeks Martin accumulated the following stats:

274 rushes for 1,199 yards and 12 rushing TDs, along with 24 receptions for 222 yards and one TD receiving. In fact over those last ten weeks Martin rushed for over 100 yards nine times and still scored a TD in the only week he was held under the century mark.

On a per game basis: 27.4 carries at 4.37 yds per carry, along with 2.4 receptions at 9.25 yds per catch, and 1.3 total TDs per game.

My point in all of this is that Curtis Martin taught me a valuable fantasy football lesson. If/when I believe in a rookie RB's talent and situation, then I will hold onto him all season long if I have to, and I won't drop him just because of a slow start to his NFL career. Sometimes it takes awhile for a rookie to get comfortable and for the game to start slowing down, or for the coaches to properly scheme and match his skills to the offense.

I'm not talking about the Bilal Powell's, DeMarco Murray's, and Jacquizz Rodgers' of the world, although certainly one of them could emerge. Rather I'm talking about very talented rookie RBs drafted to take over a #1 RB role in a decent situation. Ingram certainly meets those qualifiers.

I might never start him all season long, but I'm damn sure not going to miss out on the intersection of talent and opportunity if/when they finally coincide. Now I can't tell you that Curtis Martin is a great analogy for Ingram... Brees and Co. are far more explosive than Bledsoe and Co., and Dave Meggett was no Darren Sproles, although he too was a valuable multi-purpose RB and out of the backfield receiving threat for Parcells in 1995. However, the opportunity is ever lurking in N.O. for Ingram to emerge in a big way. If it happens this season I will be taking advantage in several leagues. If it doesn't, oh well...

Great story, thanks for sharing (seriously). With a little cleanup/editing, I think this could make a nice, entertaining FF article. :thumbup:

For ingram owners in dynasty- What kind of value would it take for you to trade him out of curiosity.

I have him in a keeper league and I'm holding him (we keep 4 players). I think it would take someone established like S. Jackson or maybe Blount, or a solid WR like Marshall or Holmes. Since I don't think I could get those players I will be holding. However, my team isn't very good. If I had a team on the cusp of winning the league I might take less to win this year.
If I played dynasty, I would take Ingram over any of those guys with the exception of maybe Blount.

C'mon guys ! If you draft him to be your rb2, you've made a mistake. Rookie RB are always a gamble on their first years. Mathews, Mendenhall, DMC are all good exemple.

Be PATiENT !!!

Edited by Phil4

C'mon guys ! If you draft him to be your rb2, you've made a mistake. Rookie RB are always a gamble on their first years. Mathews, Mendenhall, DMC are all good exemple.Be PATiENT !!!

You just named the recent rookie running backs that didn't work out. Maybe realize the ones that did?

Great post, Geoff. Thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom. :thumbup:

This has turned from an Ingram HOF thread to an Ingram surrort group with owners still addicted to the mirage that he is some great talent.

This has turned from an Ingram HOF thread to an Ingram surrort group with owners still addicted to the mirage that he is some great talent will get a big enough opportunity.

Fixed.

Definitely a great post, brings back the memories when I drafted Martin his rookie season in the 10th round knowing I just possibly got the steal of the draft, I did stay with him all season and won the title that season with him starting in my backfield.

Oddly enough, the next season I was amazed I was able to draft him 12th overall when nobody else in my fantasy league thought he was for real, I went on to win the title with him that season also.

Ingram could be that kind of player, but there will definitely be bumps along the way that will test your patience.

:goodposting:

I have Ingram as my RB2 with CJ as RB1. Neither has done much, but I am holding. My opinion is that Ingram will get 20+ touches in the second half, or sooner with an injury to Thomas or Sproles.

I don't know guys. I was all ready to dump this guy, but then I saw the stat sheet, and now I've changed my mind. 17 carries, 2 receptions. On an offense like New Orleans, that should be good for RB2 numbers on a weekly basis, meaning he will eventually earn his status as a 5th round pick (where I grabbed him). We'll have to wait and see, but I really like the number of touches.

saints staff are doing everything in their power to justify acquiring this guy. hes a nice buy right now imo. think of him as shonn greene on a better offense with more scoring opps.

I have Ingram. I will not be dumping him, but I won't be playing him either. I think that Mark Ingram is the biggest swing and miss that I have seen on Football Guys in a long time. It seems that everyone has been pimping this guy like crazy since the beginning of training camp. He is a huge disappointment. I think there is almost no chance he represents value for his ADP at any time this year.

Who was getting drafted around Ingram? D-Will, Jahvid, Greene, Moreno all seem like guys that were going 4th-5th round like Ingram, and have been about as productive as Ingram, except with less potential as the year goes on. Yes, guys in this range like Beanie and Mathews have been great picks, but Ingram is more par for the course with similar ADP RBs than underachieving.
ya those guys, but also wells, benson, fjaz, hightower, addai, mathews and proly some others. to act like he was the only rb option there is erroneous.

I don't know guys. I was all ready to dump this guy, but then I saw the stat sheet, and now I've changed my mind. 17 carries, 2 receptions. On an offense like New Orleans, that should be good for RB2 numbers on a weekly basis, meaning he will eventually earn his status as a 5th round pick (where I grabbed him). We'll have to wait and see, but I really like the number of touches.

saints staff are doing everything in their power to justify acquiring this guy. hes a nice buy right now imo. think of him as shonn greene on a better offense with more scoring opps.
Shonn Greene? Gross. Let's all hope he is nothing like Shonn Greene.

I have Ingram. I will not be dumping him, but I won't be playing him either. I think that Mark Ingram is the biggest swing and miss that I have seen on Football Guys in a long time. It seems that everyone has been pimping this guy like crazy since the beginning of training camp. He is a huge disappointment. I think there is almost no chance he represents value for his ADP at any time this year.

Who was getting drafted around Ingram? D-Will, Jahvid, Greene, Moreno all seem like guys that were going 4th-5th round like Ingram, and have been about as productive as Ingram, except with less potential as the year goes on. Yes, guys in this range like Beanie and Mathews have been great picks, but Ingram is more par for the course with similar ADP RBs than underachieving.
ya those guys, but also wells, benson, fjaz, hightower, addai, mathews and proly some others. to act like he was the only rb option there is erroneous.
Seriously, man?! I myself mentioned Beanie and Mathews, and those are the only reasonable RBs you replied with.

I dont recall FJax's ADP, but it was long after the 4th-5th round, Id guess late 7th-early 9th, or at least thats where he went in my drafts. Benson probably went 6th-7th, but it looks like he will miss 2-3 games due to suspension. Hightower just lost his starting job, and Addai plays in 1 of the worst offenses in the league since Painter is behind center.

Nice post, I remember when I had my first beer.

Edited by Kenny Powers

i didnt say those guys were better picks than ingram, just that they were in that range. not sure why all the hostility.

just checked, those guys are def better picks than ingram. also, not anyones fault but your own that you followed adp like lemming and had fjax rated so far below. also bjge and tolbert. gl with your leagues, sounds like you will need it if you actually think that ingram's 22.7 fantasy points is "about as productive" as best (51.5) and greene (27.7) and all the other rbs you failed to mention bc they didnt fit your faulty, wishful, premise.

i remember my first grade class, where we learned how to count and read. perhaps revisiting your draft results, along with the current year to date stats will help you to understand how wrong you are.

C'mon guys ! If you draft him to be your rb2, you've made a mistake. Rookie RB are always a gamble on their first years. Mathews, Mendenhall, DMC are all good exemple.Be PATiENT !!!

If you listened to the experts on this site, they all had him as a high RB2 (RB12-RB15) with RB1 upside, were projecting floors of 250 carries (not touches, carries) and worthy of a 4th round pick and possibly reaching for him in the 3rd.

Seriously, man?! I myself mentioned Beanie and Mathews, and those are the only reasonable RBs you replied with.

I dont recall FJax's ADP, but it was long after the 4th-5th round, Id guess late 7th-early 9th, or at least thats where he went in my drafts. Benson probably went 6th-7th, but it looks like he will miss 2-3 games due to suspension. Hightower just lost his starting job, and Addai plays in 1 of the worst offenses in the league since Painter is behind center.

The 3 guys above and below him on my draft sheet are Forte, Bradshaw, Felix...Best, Wells, DeAngelo. He is slightly out performing DeAngelo at this point with the rest of those guys beating him pretty easily. 12 of the next 15 guys outperforming him as well.

just checked, those guys are def better picks than ingram. also, not anyones fault but your own that you followed adp like lemming and had fjax rated so far below. also bjge and tolbert. gl with your leagues, sounds like you will need it if you actually think that ingram's 22.7 fantasy points is "about as productive" as best (51.5) and greene (27.7) and all the other rbs you failed to mention bc they didnt fit your faulty, wishful, premise. i remember my first grade class, where we learned how to count and read. perhaps revisiting your draft results, along with the current year to date stats will help you to understand how wrong you are.

I dont even know how to respond to this besides saying that:1) My initial post you replied to was in regards to where guys were being drafted, related to Ingram, which was reasonably the 4th-5th round. I dont know why youre bringing FJax, Lawfirm (seen Ridley lately?), and Tolbert into the discussion when they were being picked 2 rounds later, if not more, than Ingram.2) Im surprised Jahvid has 51pts. I dont even need to look at the stats to know that his receiving numbers have definitely inflated that. Cant argue the numbers, but he's more fragile than Stafford. Lets see how his end of year numbers pan out.3) Did you really just use Shonn Greene for your argument when he has *5* more pts than Ingram thru 4 weeks?! You should become a lawyer that reasoning is so convincing.You can pick and choose names all you want, but Ingram is in a great offense and has a very good chance to see his numbers jump on the 2nd half of the yr

The 3 guys above and below him on my draft sheet are Forte, Bradshaw, Felix...Best, Wells, DeAngelo. He is slightly out performing DeAngelo at this point with the rest of those guys beating him pretty easily. 12 of the next 15 guys outperforming him as well.
Please PM me your sheets next year then. I had all those listed RBs ahead of Ingram myself except for Best because of injury concerns. They were all drafted in my leagues ahead of Ingram as well. The first 3 RBs you list (Forte, Bradshaw, Felix) were legit 3rd rounders, Ingram was not.

All you need to do to even slightly envision a future FF monster in that offense is to watch Ingram this week. Nothing extraordinary stat-wise, but eyeballs tell the story. You can see it coming together for this kid. His outstanding vision is beginning to get in focus & he's starting to feel it. Ingram is the type of RB who can lead the league in yards after contact. The 4th & 1 play was incredible. Very few RBs have that kind of raw power, yet have quick feet.

It's coming, boys. Not sure when he'll be a stud, but get him now if you can. Sproles will always be a part of the offense, but he's a bit player. Ingram will be the feature back (certainly by the start of 2012 if not later this season).

Patience, grasshopper.

Edited by Football Jones

just checked, those guys are def better picks than ingram. also, not anyones fault but your own that you followed adp like lemming and had fjax rated so far below. also bjge and tolbert. gl with your leagues, sounds like you will need it if you actually think that ingram's 22.7 fantasy points is "about as productive" as best (51.5) and greene (27.7) and all the other rbs you failed to mention bc they didnt fit your faulty, wishful, premise. i remember my first grade class, where we learned how to count and read. perhaps revisiting your draft results, along with the current year to date stats will help you to understand how wrong you are.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that even with this start Ingram outscores BJGE for the season. INgram's been dissapointing for sure, but it's way too early to bury a rookie RB. (In dynasty...it's a perfect time to BUY!) Edited by renesauz

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that even with this start Ingram outscores BJGE for the season. INgram's been dissapointing for sure, but it's way too early to bury a rookie RB. (In dynasty...it's a perfect time to BUY!)
Agreed on a buying opportunity....he will get his the season progresses.

Well, I'm eating it hard on this one. I feel like the opportunities have been (and continue to be) there, but they're just not turning into production. Sorry if I convinced anybody in a redraft that trading Ingram early would be a mistake. :(

My strategy of loading up on WR talent early this year is keeping me afloat, but the particular RB's I stocked up on in the middle are becoming a real albatross. Thank god I managed to avoid guys like Beanie and Fred, while nabbing Hightower and Ingram. Oof.

True but they were high on Nicks last year and he was a hit. Gotta give them some slack.
They? They who?
Link

That's Dodds. Maurile had him 9th. The other guys had him in the early to mid teens.

ESPN had him 24th.

But how was I failing to give them slack? I wasn't giving them anything.

:shrug:

I was just answering your question about who "they" was.

Ingram owner; just watched the game. I agree that he looked better than the stat line, and I'm holding.

ETA: Snap count data:

Week 1 2 3 4

DS 32 28 36 35

PT 26 27 20 26

MI 19 22 20 29

Edited by elbowrm

Ingram owner; just watched the game. I agree that he looked better than the stat line, and I'm holding.

I own Ingram and have had him on the bench every week. That's by design. I didnt expect him to be a RB1 or RB2 unless another RB gets injured. IF that happens, Ingram is immediately a starter. If not, then he's a decent keeper. Either one is fine with a high-to-midround draft spot. There were some unrealistic hopes for this guy but just because you drafted him it doesnt mean that your team is hurting.

Hold. Also this is the second week with receptions. Granted they went no where but he's getting opportunities in more phases of the game.

Hopefully they use him at the goal line. Why get fancy?

As long as he gets close to 20 touches a game, Ingram can't help but become a solid RB2.

Updated RZ touches after week 4:

Sproles:12 (3 in Wk4)

PT: 5 (2)

Ingram: 12 (1)

Lots of carries for Ingram this week, so it's weird to see the season-low in RZ touches, though we can assume Collins took one.

Don't know if this has been posted but here's some comments Payton just made about Ivory

On Ivory: “He would have been ready to play this past week."On Ivory's playing time: "It’s, like anything else, when you get to that point you deal with it. I know he’s in great shape right now."

Edited by ThePittbully

Updated RZ touches after week 4:Sproles:12 (3 in Wk4)PT: 5 (2)Ingram: 12 (1)Lots of carries for Ingram this week, so it's weird to see the season-low in RZ touches, though we can assume Collins took one.

Ingram went in motion when Collins scored the TD, and the 1 yd Graham TD was off a play action to Ingram. They're probably mixing up those looks to avoid the "Ingram's in, stack the line" that ended week 1.

Updated RZ touches after week 4:Sproles:12 (3 in Wk4)PT: 5 (2)Ingram: 12 (1)Lots of carries for Ingram this week, so it's weird to see the season-low in RZ touches, though we can assume Collins took one.

Ingram went in motion when Collins scored the TD, and the 1 yd Graham TD was off a play action to Ingram. They're probably mixing up those looks to avoid the "Ingram's in, stack the line" that ended week 1.
Since Ingram has failed in every goal line opportunity he has had, the coaches decided they need to come up with some new plays.

You know I could say a lot of the same nice things about Michael Bush.

I was just about to try to package Bush for Ingram to the Ingram/DMC owner in my league... but that's hard to do. Bush could be a monster if/when DMC goes down, plus he's a FA after this year.

Since Ingram has failed in every goal line opportunity he has had, the coaches decided they need to come up with some new plays.
He has one carry inside the 5 and he didn't score. So, yes, he's 0% inside the 5.

So what's the thinking about this week's matchup? Carolina D was decimated by ACL injuries to not one, but two stud LBs earlier this year. They are 29th in points given up to RBs so far this year. And I imagine Payton might try to slow the game down to keep Super Cam off the field.

Anyone still left with the cajones or desperation to start him? His start percentage in fantasy leagues will probably be the lowest this week of any week so far this year and yet, I have a sneaky suspicion this is the week he goes for two TDs.

I'm starting him over Denarius Moore, Michael Bush, and Stevan Ridley in the flex. Hard to get the Forte 205 yds out of my mind.

I'm starting him in my flex in one league (over L. Moore, D Moore, N Washington, Addai, even redman if Mende sits).

I'm also starting Pierre as my RB2 in another :bag:

At any rate, if you are not going to play him this week, you may as well trade him.

I'm starting him in my flex in one league (over L. Moore, D Moore, N Washington, Addai, even redman if Mende sits).I'm also starting Pierre as my RB2 in another :bag: At any rate, if you are not going to play him this week, you may as well trade him.

He hasn't done one thing all year to warrant starting him with any degree of confidence. I'd trade him but he has zero value right now. Edited by GreenNGold