What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (4 Viewers)

You would think Ingram slept with a bunch of guys sisters or something with all the hate in here. I get it though, you blindly followed FBG advice and now you are out for blood because so far it appears to be wrong.
:goodposting: What's bizarre to me is Ingram has been a solid RB3. He's not living up to his ADP and yeah that sucks but it's not like he's been completely worthless. He was a Top 30 RB in many leagues prior to his injury. That makes him a solid RB3/flex play. Nothing wrong with that at all. At least he's someone who, when healthy, you can start in that role. The upside hasn't been there like many of us thought but it's not like he's so worthless he can't even be started. You'd think that's the case based on many of the comments in this thread.
Great post. I didn't draft Ingram (traded for him), but if I had I used my 4th, 5th, or 6th round pick on him, he would be much less of a dissapointment than the guys that I did take there. (Clark, Tampa Mike, THT) Fortunately in FF you get the WHOLE DRAFT to pick guys, and a few late hits (and WW pickups) can make up for early/middle round busts.

per CBS:

Ingram not back practicing: Saints RB Mark Ingram missed his first career game Week 8 due to a heel injury and his status for Week 9 against the Bucs remains up in the air after he missed practice Wednesday.

(Updated 11/02/2011)

Did this turd practice?
Negative ghostrider.Mark Ingram (heel) missed Saints practice on Wednesday.The Saints insist that Ingram only has a "bruised" heel, but he hasn't been doing anything since going down in Week 7. His Week 9 status is uncertain. Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

'packersfan said:
'The Real Hipster Doofus said:
You would think Ingram slept with a bunch of guys sisters or something with all the hate in here. I get it though, you blindly followed FBG advice and now you are out for blood because so far it appears to be wrong.
:goodposting: What's bizarre to me is Ingram has been a solid RB3. He's not living up to his ADP and yeah that sucks but it's not like he's been completely worthless. He was a Top 30 RB in many leagues prior to his injury. That makes him a solid RB3/flex play. Nothing wrong with that at all. At least he's someone who, when healthy, you can start in that role. The upside hasn't been there like many of us thought but it's not like he's so worthless he can't even be started. You'd think that's the case based on many of the comments in this thread.
Go back to the preface that most drafted him as a RB2. It's nice that you csn get marginal RB3 scoring from him, but even that hasn't been consistent. I can't think of another starting RB in the league who has had as many one yard TD opportunities vultured either with PA passes or fullback draws. The upside that FBGs envisioned was all a mirage. Now he's hurt and owners cant use Ingram and his trade value is nil.

'packersfan said:
Go back to the preface that most drafted him as a RB2. It's nice that you csn get marginal RB3 scoring from him, but even that hasn't been consistent. I can't think of another starting RB in the league who has had as many one yard TD opportunities vultured either with PA passes or fullback draws. The upside that FBGs envisioned was all a mirage. Now he's hurt and owners cant use Ingram and his trade value is nil.
The one yard opportunities were there (he was the back) which gave us hope he would start to punch more in as the year went on. There was good reason to hope he might crack RB2 value as the year went on. Everyone that drafted him should have been thinking he would get better as the year went on

this turd gets 2 carries a game than gets hurt with a broken shoe lace, he's looking alot like Knowshon Moreno II both slow guys made of glass

'packersfan said:
Go back to the preface that most drafted him as a RB2. It's nice that you csn get marginal RB3 scoring from him, but even that hasn't been consistent.
Prior to his injury it was consistent. He had scored nine points or more in PPR leagues in four of his last five games. Again, I'm not saying that's great but it is consistent and it is solid RB3 production. I've stated several times in this thread that he hasn't lived up to his ADP and yes that has sucked for the owners who drafted him as a RB2. He hasn't delivered that level of production. But the fact remains he hasn't been a total bum as many in this thread continue to insist. At the very least, you have been able to consistently start him as a RB3 and not get hurt. For me, that counts for something. As far as his current situation, if he doesn't practice today I wouldn't expect him to play this week and I'd start to wonder if he might sit out until after the Saints' Week 11 bye.

Starting to feel like we should spin off a new thread for level-headed Ingram owners to discuss news and performance, and let the bitter owners and haters have this one to crap up.

'Reepicheep said:
Starting to feel like we should spin off a new thread for level-headed Ingram owners to discuss news and performance, and let the bitter owners and haters have this one to crap up.
:thumbup:

'Reepicheep said:
:thumbup:
:mellow: the only "bitter" Ingram comments come from non-owning anti-Ingram, pro-Richarson people. The thread had it's share of whining, no doubt. But the great majority of the Ingram owners are past that now, and are resigned to what's on their bench or have already cut bait.

unfortunately I cant cut this turd in the one dynasty league I have him in, freaking married to this turd, hopefully his value goes up soon so I can a decent RB out of him. Cant believe this schmuck cant handle the heavy load of a whopping 12 carries a game Im hoping they put his ### on injured reserve ending his season so I can at the very least get a roster spot back.

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately I cant cut this turd in the one dynasty league I have him in, freaking married to this turd, hopefully his value goes up soon so I can a decent RB out of him. Cant believe this schmuck cant handle the heavy load of a whopping 12 carries a game Im hoping they put his ### on injured reserve ending his season so I can at the very least get a roster spot back.
You really need some R&R.

Only turds are the idtiots that drafted a ROOKIE to be there RB2 on a team known to use 3 headed RBBC system for the last few years.

Instead of 3 carries per quarter they should really lower his load to 1 carry per quarter, or if thats too much of a load 0.5 carries per quarter, but certainly not at the stripe (they have Jed Collins for that) we dont want any further risk of injury any goal line work would be as dangerous as Metamucil to poor old Ingram.

Instead of 3 carries per quarter they should really lower his load to 1 carry per quarter, or if thats too much of a load 0.5 carries per quarter, but certainly not at the stripe (they have Jed Collins for that) we dont want any further risk of injury any goal line work would be as dangerous as Metamucil to poor old Ingram.
With the turd out again its pierres time to shine!

Only turds are the idtiots that drafted a ROOKIE to be there RB2 on a team known to use 3 headed RBBC system for the last few years.
3 RBs closest to Ingram in ADPKnowshon Moreno

DeAngelo Williams

Tim Hightower

Ingram has scored more points than all of those guys. Not at RB22 level like he was drafted at but near it. everyone drafting him expected better 2nd half production so reaching that RB22 mark where most drafted him at was not a stretch at all. why no threads with people ripping into those guys who are performing worse than Ingram?

My link

It would be wise to keep your insults to yourself.
You may be offended, but he is 100% correct.
he is not right. results aren't the only thing to go on. it was reasonable to believe the year would start out like it has and Ingram would grow into a larger role as the year went on. as I have said all along, no one could have predicted Jed Collins robbing him of 3 TDs, if he had gotten those TDs no one would have complained about his production at all. basically all the Ingram hate is 9 feet away from people being pleased in having the #20 or so RB with all kinds of upside for the second half. this was before the injury of course, which is just part of the game

It would be wise to keep your insults to yourself.
You may be offended, but he is 100% correct.
He is calling pretty much the entire FBG staff idiots then.
Ingram haters have called others much worse in this very thread. I hardly think now is the time to be wailing about "insults".

Why is it, that Mark Ingram, of all people, has drawn such pure venom from people in this thread? Why is Ingram different than any other player that didn't live up to preseason potential? People who were against him are taking SO much joy in pointing out how Ingram has failed, whereas those who defended him are taking a knock on Ingram as a personal insult and getting offended.

I really haven't seen anything like this, even for the Shark Pool this is a new one.

2 days no practice. Not even a mention of his progress or what's really wrong with him.

I hope this isn't another Pierre Thomas situation.

Why is it, that Mark Ingram, of all people, has drawn such pure venom from people in this thread? Why is Ingram different than any other player that didn't live up to preseason potential? People who were against him are taking SO much joy in pointing out how Ingram has failed, whereas those who defended him are taking a knock on Ingram as a personal insult and getting offended. I really haven't seen anything like this, even for the Shark Pool this is a new one.
Probably b/c a lot of people had high hopes for him pre-NFL draft. Going to the Saints was deflating. Not only because of the timeshare but why the hell are they taking a RB in the 1st round who doesn't fit their offense? Just a wasted talent IMO. Not b/c of Ingram's ability, just b/c of the team he went to. In one dynasty rookie draft I was in, Ingram went SIXTH OVERALL. AJ, Julio and Ryan Williams went top 3. I grabbed Little at 4, and the next owner opted for Daniel Thomas instead of Ingram which was another shocker. I thought owner 5 was crazy for passing him up, but he wanted absolutely no part of the Saints backfield. Also no one will probably say this b/c Bloom's a good guy, but his blind support for Ingram was sickening. I'm not a subscriber but I'm sure a lot of the FBG Draft Kits were touting Ingram as a guy to target. Hurt a lot of the fantasy sheep who just blindly follow FBGs recommendations would probably explain why some hate him so much.

Why is it, that Mark Ingram, of all people, has drawn such pure venom from people in this thread? Why is Ingram different than any other player that didn't live up to preseason potential? People who were against him are taking SO much joy in pointing out how Ingram has failed, whereas those who defended him are taking a knock on Ingram as a personal insult and getting offended. I really haven't seen anything like this, even for the Shark Pool this is a new one.
This is nothing compared to the Tebow polarization.

Also no one will probably say this b/c Bloom's a good guy, but his blind support for Ingram was sickening. I'm not a subscriber but I'm sure a lot of the FBG Draft Kits were touting Ingram as a guy to target. Hurt a lot of the fantasy sheep who just blindly follow FBGs recommendations would probably explain why some hate him so much.
FBG wasn't the only site hyping up Ingram. Several other sites had him pegged to be a breakout rookie star too. That doesn't excuse the fact all of those sites, and those of us who also liked Ingram a lot, were dead wrong about him (at least in terms of his production; I still think he's a fine talent) but when it comes to people who thought Ingram had Top 15 potential this season there were a whole lotta people on that ship.

Probably b/c a lot of people had high hopes for him pre-NFL draft. Going to the Saints was deflating. Not only because of the timeshare but why the hell are they taking a RB in the 1st round who doesn't fit their offense? Just a wasted talent IMO. Not b/c of Ingram's ability, just b/c of the team he went to. In one dynasty rookie draft I was in, Ingram went SIXTH OVERALL. AJ, Julio and Ryan Williams went top 3. I grabbed Little at 4, and the next owner opted for Daniel Thomas instead of Ingram which was another shocker. I thought owner 5 was crazy for passing him up, but he wanted absolutely no part of the Saints backfield. Also no one will probably say this b/c Bloom's a good guy, but his blind support for Ingram was sickening. I'm not a subscriber but I'm sure a lot of the FBG Draft Kits were touting Ingram as a guy to target. Hurt a lot of the fantasy sheep who just blindly follow FBGs recommendations would probably explain why some hate him so much.
I'm pretty sure his Dynasty ADP was consistently top 3 for the entirety of the pre-season, so the guy at 5 got a steal with Ingram. Sure this year he hasn't lived up to his potential, but if you take all the hype of instant gratification away, and realize most RBs take a year or two to develop, Ingram is still solid value for dynasty IMO. Not even a pattern of injury yet, just one foot so far. It's not like he's Fred Taylor or anything.Full disclosure, I took Ingram #1 overall in dynasty and don't regret it a bit. I had the 3 and got Julio but if I hadn't had the 3 I'm pretty sure I still would have taken Ingram #1, and if I had the 3 I'm damn sure he wouldn't have dropped to there for me.

Also no one will probably say this b/c Bloom's a good guy, but his blind support for Ingram was sickening. I'm not a subscriber but I'm sure a lot of the FBG Draft Kits were touting Ingram as a guy to target. Hurt a lot of the fantasy sheep who just blindly follow FBGs recommendations would probably explain why some hate him so much.
FBG wasn't the only site hyping up Ingram. Several other sites had him pegged to be a breakout rookie star too. That doesn't excuse the fact all of those sites, and those of us who also liked Ingram a lot, were dead wrong about him (at least in terms of his production; I still think he's a fine talent) but when it comes to people who thought Ingram had Top 15 potential this season there were a whole lotta people on that ship.
Drafting him as a RB2 was risky even at the beginning of the year with the known RBBC, those who had even higher hopes were suffering from man crush, and are paying a price for it now.

I took Ingram #1 overall in dynasty and don't regret it a bit. I had the 3 and got Julio but if I hadn't had the 3 I'm pretty sure I still would have taken Ingram #1, and if I had the 3 I'm damn sure he wouldn't have dropped to there for me.
Doesn't it irk you just a little that you could have had AJ?

Drafting him as a RB2 was risky even at the beginning of the year with the known RBBC, those who had even higher hopes were suffering from man crush, and are paying a price for it now.
Depends what other RBs they drafted after Ingram. If they got Fred Jackson or Beanie Wells, for example, they should be in real good shape. Jackson or Beanie moves into the RB2 spot and Ingram's been a solid RB3. Same deal if you got Sproles real late. But I agree there was risk involved with taking Ingram as a RB2.

2 days no practice. Not even a mention of his progress or what's really wrong with him. I hope this isn't another Pierre Thomas situation.
The turd isn't a large part of the team to this point. Ivory I am thinking is as important at this time. If you can't even get a little one line update from Payton it speaks volumes about his confidence in the turd.

Saints Injury Report, Week 9: Mark Ingram Out, Jonathan Vilma Still Hampered By Knee Injury

Nov

5:51p

by Michael Bean

READ MORE: Jonathan Vilma (LB - NOS), Josh Freeman (QB - TAM), Chris Ivory (RB - NOS), Mark Ingram (RB - NOS), New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

All the talk surrounding the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they prepare for their Week 9 matchup against the New Orleans Saints is the status of Josh Freeman's right thumb. The Bucs signal caller injured it during Tampa Bay's Week 7 loss against the Chicago Bears in London. The injury is being dubbed 'Thumb Gate' because of the conflicting reports coming from the media and the Buccaneers' coaching staff.

The Saints meanwhile have seen two key players miss the first two days of practice this week -- RB Mark Ingram (heel) and LB Jonathan Vilma (knee). Ingram has already been ruled out for Week 9. He sat out Week 8 as well. RB Chris Ivory was activated and added to the roster this week though to play in his place. Vilma has been missing practices for several weeks now while dealing with the knee injury. It has not prevented him from suiting up and playing on Sundays however.

Here's the full Thursday injury report for New Orleans:

Did Not Practice (Injury)

RB Mark Ingram (Heel)

LB Jonathan Vilma (Knee)

Full Participation (Injury)

DE Junior Galette (Knee)

DT Sedrick Ellis (Ankle)

LB Jonathan Casillas (Knee)

TE David Thomas (Concussion)

OT Zach Strief (Knee)

For more Saints and Buccaneers coverage, visit Canal Street Chronicles and Bucs Nation respectively.

It must be weird to be married to poop. :toilet:

All "turd" references aside. This reeks of Pierre Thomas circa 2010. Belechick hell. Payton is in a league of his own when it comes to injuries. The guy could be six weeks out and you would never have a clue. He has too many options to even care.

All "turd" references aside. This reeks of Pierre Thomas circa 2010. Belechick hell. Payton is in a league of his own when it comes to injuries. The guy could be six weeks out and you would never have a clue. He has too many options to even care.
Starting to get that feeling too. Two weeks, no practices, ruled out early. No word on injury other than bruised heel, and doesn't seem like beat reporters are digging any deeper. Sproles, PT and Ivory can more than hold down the RB fort for NO. With late bye week this year, I wonder if it will be week 12 till we see him again, and even then in limited action. That's starting to get too close to the FF playoffs for me to want to trust him even as a RB3. Payton probably more worried about keeping him healthy for the RL playoffs. Contemplating dropping him in redraft for a high upside backup, like Taiwan Jones.

Starting to get that feeling too. Two weeks, no practices, ruled out early. No word on injury other than bruised heel, and doesn't seem like beat reporters are digging any deeper. Sproles, PT and Ivory can more than hold down the RB fort for NO. With late bye week this year, I wonder if it will be week 12 till we see him again, and even then in limited action. That's starting to get too close to the FF playoffs for me to want to trust him even as a RB3. Payton probably more worried about keeping him healthy for the RL playoffs. Contemplating dropping him in redraft for a high upside backup, like Taiwan Jones.
so you hope McFadden stays out and Bush gets injured? that seems less likely than Ingram coming back

so you hope McFadden stays out and Bush gets injured? that seems less likely than Ingram coming back
I know man. This is what Ingram is driving me towards, but haven't pulled any trigger. It would have helped if I had seen more than 3 yards and a cloud of dust before that game he got injured in. Throw in other apparently indeterminate injuries at RB (Best, Bradshaw), and it gets hard justifying carrying so many unproductive roster spots hoping someone gets healthy by week 13.

Mark Ingram (heel) was limited again in Thursday's practice.Chris Ivory (hamstring) was also limited. The two are in the race to see which is the more prepared to function as the between-the-tackles back against the Falcons on Sunday. Atlanta allows just the 27th-most fantasy points to opposing backs, so neither is going to be a recommended fantasy play. Nov 10 - 2:57 PMSource: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Mark Ingram (heel) returned to Saints practice Wednesday, participating in a limited fashion.Ingram's first practice since getting hurt in Week 7 puts him on track to return against the Falcons, but it wouldn't be surprising if he ends up a game-time decision. With Chris Ivory coming off a solid performance against the Bucs, the Saints don't need to push their first-round pick. Ivory's value will all but dry up once Ingram returns, but coach Sean Payton said Wednesday he's not against dressing four running backs on game day. Nov 9 - 3:12 PMSource: New Orleans Times-Picayune

I don't understand this heal injury with Ingram. How in the hell can a bruised heal keep him out/limited for so long?

I saw the play when it happened. All he did was jump up to hurdle a tackler and then land maybe a little flat footed on the carpet. But really!!! WTF?!?!?

Ingram should've taken over a lion's share role these last few weeks but instead he's opened up the door for the Saints to be keeping 4 RBs active on game days. :wall:

Anyone seeing any way, any possible scenario where Ingram can be useful again this year for redraft leagues?

I don't understand this heal injury with Ingram. How in the hell can a bruised heal keep him out/limited for so long?I saw the play when it happened. All he did was jump up to hurdle a tackler and then land maybe a little flat footed on the carpet. But really!!! WTF?!?!?Ingram should've taken over a lion's share role these last few weeks but instead he's opened up the door for the Saints to be keeping 4 RBs active on game days. :wall: Anyone seeing any way, any possible scenario where Ingram can be useful again this year for redraft leagues?
- 1 or more injuriesIvory and Thomas aren't the most durable backs in the game.- he has a breakout gameHe was almost on his way to doing that against the colts when he got injured. But then again it was the colts. His remaining schedule isn't terrible though and he still has a couple of juicy matchups.- a major philosophical swing to the running gameYea that probably isn't going to happen. You could hope for some cold weather games at the end of the year but, for the most part, they will be indoors.Very crowded backfield. Wonder if they remember what they gave up for him?

Ingram expected back this week according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune via RotoWorld:

The New Orleans Times-Picayune considers Chris Ivory (hamstring) the "most likely" of the Saints four tailbacks to be inactive with Mark Ingram (heel) returning this week.

Ivory was the odd man out in the first half of the season, and he plays the exact same role as Ingram. While Ingram was a first-round pick, Ivory was an undrafted free agent who has struggled to stay healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread