What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

Im guessing they lighten Ingrams load to 5-6 carriers since he couldnt handle 9-10
he got hurt lol just like anyone else can. like Chris Ivory or Darren McFadden or Arian Foster or Jamaal Charles or Ryan Mathews or any number of other players. do those teams cut their carries in half when they return because they can't handle the load? of course not, injuries happen. the "he got hurt so he's soft and something is wrong with him" might be one of the worst tendencies on this board

Im guessing they lighten Ingrams load to 5-6 carriers since he couldnt handle 9-10
Not sure it's fair to say he "couldn't handle" the carries. It was kind of a freak injury that didn't even involve contact from another player - just his heal landing hard on the carpet after hurdling a couple of Colts.There sure is a lot of Ingram hate here since so many people reached for him in their drafts (me included) but I'm still hopeful that he can deliver RB2 production down the stretch. :banned: :banned: :banned:

I don't understand this heal injury with Ingram. How in the hell can a bruised heal keep him out/limited for so long?I saw the play when it happened. All he did was jump up to hurdle a tackler and then land maybe a little flat footed on the carpet. But really!!! WTF?!?!?Ingram should've taken over a lion's share role these last few weeks but instead he's opened up the door for the Saints to be keeping 4 RBs active on game days. :wall: Anyone seeing any way, any possible scenario where Ingram can be useful again this year for redraft leagues?
lol @ bruised heal. Eye wish his heel wood heal...

I don't understand this heal injury with Ingram. How in the hell can a bruised heal keep him out/limited for so long?I saw the play when it happened. All he did was jump up to hurdle a tackler and then land maybe a little flat footed on the carpet. But really!!! WTF?!?!?Ingram should've taken over a lion's share role these last few weeks but instead he's opened up the door for the Saints to be keeping 4 RBs active on game days. :wall: Anyone seeing any way, any possible scenario where Ingram can be useful again this year for redraft leagues?
Do you really LOL at grammatical errors?I like Ingram from here on out. Of course I am not starting him this weekend, but he was just starting to put some good runs together. I think he's a pleasant surprise over the 2nd half of the year.

Do you really LOL at grammatical errors?
no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saints | Mark Ingram expected to play

Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:08:02 -0800

New Orleans Saints RB Mark Ingram (heel) was limited during practice Friday, Nov. 11. He is listed as probable for Week 10 and is expected to play.

0 Comments | Share: http://www.kffl.com/images/icons/twitter.jpg' alt='a>'>

http://www.kffl.com/images/icons/facebook.jpg' alt='a>'> | Source: KFFL.com

<a href="http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=753104-saints-chris-ivory-listed-as-questionable" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(17, 85, 170); text-decoration: none; ">Saints | Chris Ivory listed as questionable

Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:04:41 -0800

New Orleans Saints RB Chris Ivory (hamstring) was limited during practice Friday, Nov. 11. He is listed as questionable for Week 10 and may not be active for the game.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?all=1#ixzz1dRuFhtMd

I see a lot being made of atlanta's run defense, but it doesn't look so exceptional to me.

I think he can easily put up his usual 30 yds and outside shot at a td.

I bet this turd doesnt get 40 yds rushing, Ingram is RB56 on Dodds top 250 going forward, cant figure out why he has him so high

THIS is his breakout week. NOTI do enjoy the eternal optimism on this turd, I find it amusing.
turd shtick has jumped the shark. suprised he is that low (56)on the top 200. I think he's a better back/more valuable than about 10-15 players ahead of him there.If he plays this week (which it looks like he will) he's a decent flex play/rb3

THIS is his breakout week. NOTI do enjoy the eternal optimism on this turd, I find it amusing.
turd shtick has jumped the shark. suprised he is that low (56)on the top 200. I think he's a better back/more valuable than about 10-15 players ahead of him there.If he plays this week (which it looks like he will) he's a decent flex play/rb3
I guess so. It was old weeks ago. Turd stick is kinda funny though....I agree on Ingram and I think they are going to rely on him heavy down the stretch. I've hung on to him betting they will, and if they don't he is my RB4/5, so what's the downside?Odds are someone else will be hurt in the N.O. backfield. If Sproles/Thomas get nicked, things will change dramatically and then we will see whats up with Mark Ingram.

I don't understand this heal injury with Ingram. How in the hell can a bruised heal keep him out/limited for so long?

I saw the play when it happened. All he did was jump up to hurdle a tackler and then land maybe a little flat footed on the carpet. But really!!! WTF?!?!?

Ingram should've taken over a lion's share role these last few weeks but instead he's opened up the door for the Saints to be keeping 4 RBs active on game days. :wall:

Anyone seeing any way, any possible scenario where Ingram can be useful again this year for redraft leagues?
Oh.....I see......heel (back part of your foot) vs. heal (to get better). Thanks! Huge contribution to my fantasy team. I'm sure to win now. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter weather he plays or not, If he is on you're roster at all he is holding you're team down.

I can't believe people still believe in this turd. If we had a scientific pole right now asking if Ingram is good or not, the know's would win by a landslide.

'nxmehta said:
'Scrappy Doo said:
Oh.....I see......heel (back part of your foot) vs. heal (to get better). Thanks! Huge contribution to my fantasy team. I'm sure to win now. :rolleyes:
If you're in here complaining about Ingram's injury, your team never had a chance in the first place. :shrug:
6-3 and in first place with the point lead - thank you very much. :boxing: Didn't think there was anything wrong with checking on this thread to see how my RB4/RB3 might be coming along. :shrug:

this might be the worst thread in shark pool history. 4-6 people are ruining it from their irrational and delusional hatred for some bizarre reason

this might be the worst thread in shark pool history. 4-6 people are ruining it from their irrational and delusional hatred for some bizarre reason
Actually it's 4-6 irrational ingram owners who are vomitting from smelling a turd and are insisting it's really a rose and attempting to keep a straight face. Verdict is Ingram=BUST

Actually it's 4-6 irrational ingram owners who are vomitting from smelling a turd and are insisting it's really a rose and attempting to keep a straight face. Verdict is Ingram=BUST
do not see a lot of that. that is clearly not the verdict yet. no one is claiming he is a top tier fantasy right now at all, it's just people updating it calling him a turd for being injured and having bad games. where is the Knowshon Moreno thread with all this?

do not see a lot of that. that is clearly not the verdict yet. no one is claiming he is a top tier fantasy right now at all, it's just people updating it calling him a turd for being injured and having bad games. where is the Knowshon Moreno thread with all this?
Everyone agrees Moreno is trash, no one would be ridiculous enough to ever start a Moreno HOF thread.Ingram is a bust, many of us have known it long before he proved it this season.

All the overreaction posts aside, it's really just status quo for Ingram this week.

He's still showing that he can be a punishing back who is giving the Saints run game some toughness - which just doesn't count all that much in fantasy land.

It still looks like Sproles and Pierre will get theirs and it still looks like Ingram's upside will be 50 - 60 yards and a short TD.

The good news from this game was Ingram making it out healthy.

Status quo.

FWIW, Ingram was the RB getting the touches in OT. Granted he did nothing with them, but he was in the game when it mattered.

You did not say he might be a bye in replacement, you said he was essentially a must-start this week. Yes he is on a great team but he is very far down the food chain. I would not start him over a player who has proven he can put up points this year, such as D. Moore. I wouldn't start him over Addai either. I am starting Lynch over Ingram in one league, and I will be starting Benson (if he isn't suspended) over Ingram in another.
Marshawn Lynch who has less carries, less yards, less yards per carry and is playing on a team with one of the worst offenses in the NFL vs a guy who is getting the ball more and producing more, not to mention is much more talented, on one of the best offenses in the NFL? I don't see a single reason why anyone should ever play Lynch over Ingram. He might score more this week but there is no evidence there to base this decision on
Lynch is winning the category that matters, and that is fantasy points (PPR but you are excluding receiving yards too). He also has a much better outlook the remainder of the year.
how does he have a better outlook? Scott Chandler and Doug Baldwin have more points so far as well, you start them? Yes Lynch has 7 recs to Ingrams 4 but I think it is a bit hyperbolic to come in here with arguments like this, it's obvious you have something personal against Ingram.
Not just 7 receptions to 4, but 50 yards to ZERO. Also, Seattle, despite being a terrible team, is starting to produce better. I also think (but could be wrong) that Seattle has an injured offensive lineman coming back soon that should help. On the other hand, New Orleans already has 3 RB's, with Ingram being the worst, and the possibility of Ivory coming back and taking even more of the pie.EDIT: In before all Ingram apologists claim defenses were gunning for Ingram receptions.
I might still be overly optimistic on Ingram's prospects over the 2nd half of the year, but at this point, if you think its better to have Marshawn you my friend are ####### insane.
Consider me insane! :banned:

The most puzzling thing is the Ingram's 10 yard split is supposed to be great.

Yet, he looks decidedly slower to the line than Pierre Thomas. (And obviously Darren Sproles)

Many compared him to Emmitt Smith, but he appears more Cedric Benson to me.

Don't you guys think these overreactions are a bit much if you own Ingram in dynasty?? I mean come on. Remember Mendenhall the first 2 years. He was always fumbling the ball and he didn't do much with his carries. You have to give these things time.

Don't you guys think these overreactions are a bit much if you own Ingram in dynasty?? I mean come on. Remember Mendenhall the first 2 years. He was always fumbling the ball and he didn't do much with his carries. You have to give these things time.
Mendenhall is nothing special

Users who are viewing this thread