What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

FlapJacks said:
EBF said:
EBF said:
DLF has his dynasty ADP at RB51, which is most likely climbing rapidly. He's grand larceny at that price. I had him at RB25 at the end of July and since then he's definitely leapfrogged some guys like Sankey and Pierce in my estimation. I think his owners will demand a much higher price than that RB51 figure, but if you can get him for something like RB30 prices then he seems like good business.
Sure enough, I made some pretty strong offers for him last night and was knocked back by everyone who has responded so far. One was Tre Mason for Ingram straight up with a Stacy owner. Same guy also has Bernard and turned down J Hill for Ingram a couple weeks ago. In a different league I offered Pierce for Ingram and was rejected. In the last league I offered a mid 2014 1st (devy league, so the pool is thinner) for Ingram and was denied. An owner in a fourth league is still sitting on a Pierce for Ingram offer deciding what he wants to do. I've talked to an owner in a fifth league and he has basically indicated that he'd only move Ingram for his 2015 1st, which is likely to be top 5-6. It's only five leagues, but all of the signs point towards him being a guy whose actual price is a lot higher than his generic dynasty rankings would indicate right now. The people who own him seem to be pretty high on him. I would still throw out late 1st/early 2nd round rookie pick type of offers for him, but the window to get him at afterthought prices has already closed from what it seems.
no offense, but those are some ####ty offers
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Pierce, Mason, and Hill are all rated higher on the DLF staff RB rankings:

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/rankings/rb-rankings/

I don't take those rankings as gospel by any means, but if they're indicative of market value in dynasty circles then all of those player-for-player offers were generous. I see good potential in Ingram, but he has been in the league for three seasons and has a career high of 602 rushing yards in a season. He's not likely to be the unquestioned starter this year either. I don't know how high his owners would reasonably expect someone to go for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets say he plays out of his mind. He's only going to get 12 carries a game. Even at 5 yards a carry we are talking about 60 yards a game or 960 yards rushing. Give him 16 catches and 8 TD's. That's 160 points in PPR. That's wouldn't crack the top 25 in my league and 5 yards a carry would be insane. Nah he's not likely to break 150 really. I mean if Pierre Thomas or Khiry Robinson gets hurt Ingram could go off. I put his ceiling at 160 points but he's probably going to have to score 10+ TD's to do that. Then when you start him and he doesn't score you lose.

In on this.

I waited at RB this year, took him in a few leagues, starting him in one.

*crossing fingers*

Milkman said:
renesauz said:
EBF said:
EBF said:
DLF has his dynasty ADP at RB51, which is most likely climbing rapidly. He's grand larceny at that price. I had him at RB25 at the end of July and since then he's definitely leapfrogged some guys like Sankey and Pierce in my estimation. I think his owners will demand a much higher price than that RB51 figure, but if you can get him for something like RB30 prices then he seems like good business.
Sure enough, I made some pretty strong offers for him last night and was knocked back by everyone who has responded so far. One was Tre Mason for Ingram straight up with a Stacy owner. Same guy also has Bernard and turned down J Hill for Ingram a couple weeks ago. In a different league I offered Pierce for Ingram and was rejected. In the last league I offered a mid 2014 1st (devy league, so the pool is thinner) for Ingram and was denied. An owner in a fourth league is still sitting on a Pierce for Ingram offer deciding what he wants to do. I've talked to an owner in a fifth league and he has basically indicated that he'd only move Ingram for his 2015 1st, which is likely to be top 5-6. It's only five leagues, but all of the signs point towards him being a guy whose actual price is a lot higher than his generic dynasty rankings would indicate right now. The people who own him seem to be pretty high on him. I would still throw out late 1st/early 2nd round rookie pick type of offers for him, but the window to get him at afterthought prices has already closed from what it seems.
I was one of these rejections, and have quietly added INgram in several of my leagues over the last 6 months (before camp opened in a couple of them). I'd have to be blown away with an offer to move him at this point. Consensus rankings are behind and I'd put him in the top 20 with room to go up from there.
If he's top 20RB then he's a top 60ish dynasty asset overall. It would seem a lot of that value is coming from people anticipating is departure from NO because he's not going to sniff top 20RB numbers in the situation he's in now. He's a 2 down back in NO.
Richardson is still ranked in the top 20. The FBGs rankings have Stacy, Bush, Sankey, and Rice in the 19-23 area. Of these, Rice is the only one I'd have above Ingram right now. Bush is getting long in the touth and I don't believe Stacy or Sankey have quite the same upside (Stacy is safer though).

20 might be pushing things slightly, but not by much IMHO

I just don't see him getting enough carries or receptions to be a starter most weeks. You might be able to flex him or spot start him here or there if Pierre Thomas is hurt but that's it. It will be interesting to see where he goes though. He'll only be what 26? He could land in a great spot and be a big time RB in FF for a couple years.
I agree.Payton's coaching career indicates very clearly that he's not looking for a 1000 yard back but he does show a penchant for rolling with the hot hand in games. Ingram needing 18 carries doesn't seem to have made this the best spot for him to land. Now though, he seems to have gained the ability to turn it on and no longer need so many carries to get going.

Tiki and Dayne, Julius and Marion...these were useful combos in FF for bye weeks. They weren't (although some did draft as such) your every week starters. The main RB got 800 and the other got 500 yards or so.

(Tiki was only great when Payton was in his first year, this is not Tiki's best years)

I think one of these types is a reasonable prediction for Ingram this year.

I want Ingram to be a 1400 yard back and remind me of his college days, but I don't see anything in either his or Payton's NFL career that indicates this is a possibility.

In this tangent, I'm thinking he's like Marion Barber.

I can envision a game where Ingram gets 100 yards and a couple touchdowns and is on the ESPN highlight reels, but when I'm starting him in FF it will be a hope for a TD and decent yardage to cover a bye. I wouldn't predict the 100 before the game.
My question RE: Sean Payton is if it's a chicken/egg thing. Have the Saints not run the ball because Payton doesn't want to run the ball, or does he not run the ball because they didn't have a RB good enough to do it? They seemed to run plenty when they had Deuce McAllister. And trading up to use a first round pick on Ingram indicates to me that the Saints wanted to run the ball more effectively.
IMO he's always failed at a power run game. He doesn't have the road grader types nor the commitment to it.

His best times were when a RB was creative and could make something happen like Tiki. I thought Reggie Bush would be a great fit with him.

Some third down backs, barry, tiki, there's only a select group of backs that are creative and confident enough to succeed like this.

Sproles wasn't a super runner, but he got a number of passes one year and combined to be similarly effective.

He's not looking to have linemen make a path like a snowplow or tank with the RB coming in behind. He wants creativity and I don't think a coach can ask that as often as he does. Many times the RB is outside and has a man to beat, not everyone is blocked and accounted for but that the RB can shake one guy.

IMO his short runs and many first down runs are terrible and similar to a guy running into a brick wall. He might as well find a younger Brandon Jacobs or the Fridge because I don't think it has the keep a D honest effect but just wastes a down.

In some of these Ingram highlights, he's not using a sweet shake N bake move but instead a strong stiff arm or showing an unexpected burst of speed to get past that defender. IMO the better secondary players are going to wrap that up no prob.

Payton likes to show the world how creative he is and in the passing game he's genius. IMO the run game is more about force and will and determination. I think he'd have more success passing every down and being odd with two 3rd down backs, 3 TEs, 5 WRs...making some odd lineups that let him use his creativity and if they fail, so what he was just going to have his RB run into a brick wall anyway.

If Ingram could have a beast mode and somehow burst thru a brick wall with some regularity, this could be a Supe winning team because his passing game is that good. I can't remember when payton didn't frustrate me for FF and I had one of his RBs.

Lets say he plays out of his mind. He's only going to get 12 carries a game. Even at 5 yards a carry we are talking about 60 yards a game or 960 yards rushing. Give him 16 catches and 8 TD's. That's 160 points in PPR. That's wouldn't crack the top 25 in my league and 5 yards a carry would be insane. Nah he's not likely to break 150 really. I mean if Pierre Thomas or Khiry Robinson gets hurt Ingram could go off. I put his ceiling at 160 points but he's probably going to have to score 10+ TD's to do that. Then when you start him and he doesn't score you lose.
I don't understand the bolded. If he plays out of his mind, he's going to get a lot more than 12 carries a game. There's risk with Ingram of exactly what you're describing, 10-12 carries a week with a 50/50 shot at a TD. However, there's also a whole lot more upside...

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
maybe the Parcells message about Robinson last year, wasn't so much about telling Payton that he has another Curtis Martin on his hands as it was telling him 'you've got some highly talented backs on your roster, time to stop being cute with the offense,and fire-up the power running game'..

I'm just not so sure that Payton can and will ever change his style, thus severely limiting the rushing output of any individual player on the Saints' roster..

it's now just a case of 'great talent, but let someone else draft him'.

OK, I'm on board the train. I traded for the guy yesterday based on Chris Wesseling's article. He's my third back, so we'll see...

I can't believe I'm saying this and I 99% certain he will burn me again this year, but (sigh), I'm on board the Ingram train again in 2014 lol.

I did an upside down draft and RBS went fast and furious. He is my rb4, got him in the 10th round. He was the last true "starting" Rb on the board with potentially high upside. After that it was all backups and swing for the fence kind of guys.

At least I drafted him low enough so that if (when) he sucks again this year it won't hurt me as badly. GL to all who are also hitched to this shaky old rotted wood falling off the tracks train!

I'm ready for the ride. I have no data or anything substantial to offer in the thread. It's just a gut feeling that Ingram puts it all together this year. Hopefully this thread is full of happy owners once the season starts!

OK, I'm on board the train. I traded for the guy yesterday based on Chris Wesseling's article. He's my third back, so we'll see...
Thanks for the heads up on this article. Some nice hilites there that I hadn't seen. Just went and withdrew an Ingram and Wheaton for Garcon offer. I'll roll the dice that he continues to play like he looks right now.

Is it fair to say now that Khiry is the "odd man out" in the NO backfield, barring injury to either PT or Ingram? It sure feels that way to me now. About two weeks ago, Khiry was the sexy/sneaky pick based on his late season performance last year.

Mark Ingram

Chances are, if you’ve owned Mark Ingram before, you’ve sworn to never own him again. No one could blame you for being scarred. But if you can draft Toby Gerhart, you can draft Mark Ingram. Still only 24, Ingram quietly averaged 4.9 yards on his 78 carries last season, and has seen that number jump to 7.05 across 21 preseason totes. Ingram isn’t suddenly going to be Barry Sanders, but he’s the leader of the Saints’ retooled backfield, one who is going to see goal-line carries. He’s well worth the plunge as the RB42.

still trying to get a rough stat line for him this year. last year the rb's had just under 400 carries and 160+ receptions and around 10 td's.

sproles is gone leaving a 70+ reception opening that maybe cooks takes a large chunk of?

pierre caught 77 last year and really can't see him getting tons more.

so if ingram gets 40% of the rb touches this year that works out to 10 carries a game. if he averages 5 a carry that 50 yards a game and maybe a chance of 2 receptions a game at 7 yards a catch.

160 carries 800 yards 32 recepts, (may be high here) 200 yards receiving and maybe 5-6 td's.

anyone have any ideas?

still trying to get a rough stat line for him this year. last year the rb's had just under 400 carries and 160+ receptions and around 10 td's.

sproles is gone leaving a 70+ reception opening that maybe cooks takes a large chunk of?

so if ingram gets 40% of the rb touches this year that works out to 10 carries a game. if he averages 5 a carry that 50 yards a game and maybe a chance of 2 receptions a game at 7 yards a catch.

160 carries 800 yards 32 recepts, (may be high here) 200 yards receiving and maybe 5-6 td's.

anyone have any ideas?
That's similar to what I projected but 5 yards a carry is a really high projection. I projected the same 5 yards a carry but since then I have started to think that might be difficult to achieve. 900 total yards and 6-10 TD's seems reasonable.

I am an Ingram owner for the first time ever. Got him [SIZE=13.8888883590698px]as my RB5 [/SIZE]in round 11 of a 12 team PPR draft with 10 point TDs. Gonna need the trade bait to bolster my WRs.

steelerfan1 said:

anyone have any ideas?
They're also missing about 40 Lance Moore receptions

steelerfan1 said:

anyone have any ideas?
They're also missing about 40 Lance Moore receptions
Pretty sure Brandon Cooks gets these

leftcoastguy7 said:
We're all proud Ingram owners, but I bet none of us are starting him Week 1. I know I'm not.
I have him in my starting lineup as of now. My only other options are Sjax or Jeremy Hill so I guess I'm not really going out on any limb.

leftcoastguy7 said:
We're all proud Ingram owners, but I bet none of us are starting him Week 1. I know I'm not.
I have him in my starting lineup as of now. My only other options are Sjax or Jeremy Hill so I guess I'm not really going out on any limb.
I am tentatively starting Ingram (@Atl) over Ryan Mathews (@Ari) and Bishop Sankey (@KC). Not much of a limb for me either, but I feel pretty good about starting Ingram. Let's get the bus warmed up. Who is with us?!

leftcoastguy7 said:
Right now I've got Pierre in over him, but I'm not positive on it.

What did you give up?
First, this is a contract/salary cap league ($32 million cap). I traded Gerhart who is $850K and in the final year of a contract and a 1st in 2015 of a guy with a pretty solid line up for Ingram, for Ingram in the first year of a 3 year deal at $600K/year a 1st in 2016 and 1st in 2018. Mind you, this league also has a free agent night with franchise and transition tags. In order to bid on tagged players, one has to have first rounders in the next two years as compensation. So first rounders have more value than normal dynasty leagues.

What did you give up?
First, this is a contract/salary cap league ($32 million cap). I traded Gerhart who is $850K and in the final year of a contract and a 1st in 2015 of a guy with a pretty solid line up for Ingram, for Ingram in the first year of a 3 year deal at $600K/year a 1st in 2016 and 1st in 2018. Mind you, this league also has a free agent night with franchise and transition tags. In order to bid on tagged players, one has to have first rounders in the next two years as compensation. So first rounders have more value than normal dynasty leagues.
I wouldn't say he has a tough lineup....I wanted that #1 :cool:

It was hard to get rid of Ingram though in our league.

He is cheap and could be the monster we were all waiting for coming out of Alabama.

He could also get resigned by a team that wants to use him more next year.

My thoughts (I was who the Fanatic traded with) is it would be very hard to start Ingram on a week to week

basis due to not knowing how many carries and how involved he will be each week.

He has a lot of upside, I will agree.

leftcoastguy7 said:
I am tentatively starting Ingram (@Atl) over Ryan Mathews (@Ari) and Bishop Sankey (@KC). Not much of a limb for me either, but I feel pretty good about starting Ingram. Let's get the bus warmed up. Who is with us?!
I'm starting Matthews over Ingram this week. That guy finished so strong last year. I see him as more of a sure commodity. I need Ingram to show me something before I start him. I have too many good WR's to use him as my flex, but if he does well this week, he might be there next week...

ETA - so I'm the home team this week and we have a HFA rule. I get to pair two players at the same position. Whichever scores the most, I get those points. Ingram is paired with Matthews.

What did you give up?

He is cheap and could be the monster we were all waiting for coming out of Alabama.

My thoughts (I was who the Fanatic traded with) is it would be very hard to start Ingram on a week to week

basis due to not knowing how many carries and how involved he will be each week.

Tim here initially asked for his first rounder next year, which I'm sure is a lottery pick considering his team as seen in his sig:

QB Tom Brady and Ben RothlisbergerRB T Richardson, Reggie Bush, Shane Veeren, Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Shonn Greene, Bryce Brown and Lache Sestruck

WR Jordy Nelson, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Kendall Wright, Stevie Johnson and Marcus Wheaton

TE Kyle Rudolph and Mercedes Lewis

K Greg Zurlein and K Forbath

Def/ST Saint Louis and Houston
Obviously remove Ingram and put in Gerhart, which may be his only starting RB.

Couple that with the starting roster of guy that has the other pick I traded in the deal:

Stafford

Ellington, Stacy, Tate, West, Freeman, Andre Williams

Dez Bryant, Maclin, Fitz, Evans, and Britt

Olson, Clay, Ebron

Who cares about K and D/ST.

What did you give up?

Tim here initially asked for his first rounder next year, which I'm sure is a lottery pick considering his team as seen in his sig:

QB Tom Brady and Ben RothlisbergerRB T Richardson, Reggie Bush, Shane Veeren, Lamar Miller, Mark Ingram, Shonn Greene, Bryce Brown and Lache Sestruck

WR Jordy Nelson, Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Kendall Wright, Stevie Johnson and Marcus Wheaton

TE Kyle Rudolph and Mercedes Lewis

K Greg Zurlein and K Forbath

Def/ST Saint Louis and Houston
Obviously remove Ingram and put in Gerhart, which may be his only starting RB.

Couple that with the starting roster of guy that has the other pick I traded in the deal:

Stafford

Ellington, Stacy, Tate, West, Freeman, Andre Williams

Dez Bryant, Maclin, Fitz, Evans, and Britt

Olson, Clay, Ebron

Who cares about K and D/ST.
Yes

I would rather have his #1

Mark Ingram has:

Had low ypc averages

Played in an ill-suited offense

Had several years to take the leading job but failed to do so as he was outplayed by everyone else

Played for Alabama

Written off by most people because he failed to amount to anything early

And now, here he is looking all usable and what not. Sounds like another RB I know...

Mark Ingram has:

Had low ypc averages

Had several years to take the leading job but failed to do so as he was outplayed by everyone else

Played for Alabama

And now, here he is looking all usable and what not. Sounds like another RB I know...
Ingram has looked significantly better this preseason than Richardson.

Mark Ingram has:

Had low ypc averages

Played for Alabama

I hope what he's saying is that Richardson shouldn't be written off and could have a resurgence next year. Nothing Richardson has done this preseason leads me to believe that he's 'gotten it' like Ingram appears to have.

Mark Ingram has:

Had low ypc averages

Played for Alabama

Written off by most people because he failed to amount to anything early.
Never been in my kitchen

Mark Ingram has:

Had low ypc averages

Played for Alabama

I hope what he's saying is that Richardson shouldn't be written off and could have a resurgence next year. Nothing Richardson has done this preseason leads me to believe that he's 'gotten it' like Ingram appears to have.
See bolded. Spot on.

Mark Ingram has:

Had low ypc averages

Played for Alabama

Ingram has looked significantly better this forever than Richardson.
Typo fixed

Isaiah pead will be glad to know he's still in the mix, though

Mark Ingram has:

Had low ypc averages

Played for Alabama

See bolded. Spot on.
Gotcha. Makes much more sense, and I agree.

leftcoastguy7 said:
I am.

Not that I feel great about it or planned for it to work out this way, but yeah, I am.

I'm more excited about where Ingram could go next year. I've been actively trying to trade him right now because I feel he's overvalued for this year. He has looked good but so has Pierre Thomas. They are splitting carries with PT getting the Lions share of the receptions.

Mark Ingram has:

Had low ypc averages

Played for Alabama

Your correct, and Ingram's ADP is even lower than Richardson's. I think most folks will agree that Richardson probably will get more touches than Ingram, but his biggest ? Is if he can up his averages. Ingram's averaged and TDs/touch aren't bad. His biggest ? Is whether he'll get more than 150 touches. Both have big upside, but Richardson probably holds a little more value due to guaranteed touches a little better pedigree (doesn't show though).

leftcoastguy7 said:
I am.

Not that I feel great about it or planned for it to work out this way, but yeah, I am.
I am also. Ray Rice fill in, see what happens...
Same. Ingram is in the starting spot for now, awaiting Ray Rice. I have a few lottery tickets behind them as well of course.

Then I have another league, 12 man, 3WR 2RB 1Flex where I just went temporarily stupid and took Graham/Peyton/Julius in the first three rounds failing to realize the flex did not allow a TE and then RB's absolutely FLEW off the board, I'm actually...

...starting Mark Ingram and Pierre Thomas week 1. It's ugly.

So I'll be one of Ingram's biggest cheerleaders a week from tomorrow.

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]I took him @ 9.04 in my draft yesterday, [/SIZE]he was the 37th RB off the board.

Users who are viewing this thread