What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (5 Viewers)

Sell high in redrafts. Pt is no joke and sproles gets all 3rd down work. Limited opportunity to become a great FF player for this season.

His future is bright but he will be eased in this season with pt and sproles both very good at what they do.

Packers D line just owning the Saints o-line.
This. It's a tough night for Ingram but as an owner I'm very pleased with how he looks and the fact that he has 12 carries in a game they have trailed the entire time. NO won't play a D nearly as good as GB often, they won't be behind in another game from start to finish possibly the rest of the year and the oline will perform better as the season goes on. Ingram looks good and looks like he will see at least 60% of the carries.

I can live with 4pts from Ingram this week just because they gave him the ball - NOT Brees - with the game on the line in the first game. If only their OL didnt suck.

No where to go on that GL play. Payton should've called a pass. Saints OL hadn't been able to get push all night.

Great game though. :thumbup:

I can live with 4pts from Ingram this week just because they gave him the ball - NOT Brees - with the game on the line in the first game. If only their OL didnt suck.
:goodposting: The fact that he got the ball in that situation says a lot, and I honestly don't think any RB in this league could have scored on that last play with the push the Saints o-line was allowing, dude didn't stand a chance. Very encouraged from this performance.

My worry isn't necessarily about how Ingram played, but because Sproles came out so hot. We all knew/assumed that Ingram's load would increase over time, but when his main competitor comes on lights-out and clearly has good timing with the QB, it's hard to see him stealing time anytime soon.

olin kreutz has been bad for 3 years now, and is a significant reason the bears had a bad line past 2 years. the man is a pink pong ball in the trenches.

Last edited by a moderator:
My worry isn't necessarily about how Ingram played, but because Sproles came out so hot. We all knew/assumed that Ingram's load would increase over time, but when his main competitor comes on lights-out and clearly has good timing with the QB, it's hard to see him stealing time anytime soon.
I drafted Ingram thinking he would get 60% of the touches by the end of the season. About 1/2 thru the fourth, before they abandoned the run, he had 46% of the touches. For the first game I was happy with that, and he got almost 75% of the rushing attempts.

olin kreutz has been bad for 3 years now, and is the significant reason the bears had a bad line past 2 years. the man is a pink pong ball in the trenches.
:goodposting: As a Bears fan, its been torture watching one of my all time favorites reduced to what he was the last 2 yrs there. Guy was getting man-handled just about every week.

Except that I don't see Sproles as Ingram's main competitor. Pierre Thomas is. Sproles is a separate beast, and will be used in specific situations, but will not take carries away from Ingram or Thomas on a regular basis.The key is Ingram vs. Thomas. In a game where New Orleans was behind most of the way, Ingram got the majority of carries. What's going to happen when the Saints are ahead in the 2nd half? That's when they'll give it to Ingram every down. By the end of September, he'll be averaging 18-20 carries a game. By the end of November, he'll be a top 10 RB1. Just in time.

An anxious Ingram owner here. Happy to see Payton went to him on the goal line but very sad that the Saints couldn't block a goal to go from the 1 against a base 3-4. It wasn't even close, they were pwned. Very LAME. 2 Pro Bowl guards?!? :lmao: :rolleyes:

Pfffft...

How dare he not go for 120 and 3 TDs in his very first NFL game, which was a pass-heavy shootout against the reigning champions.

Heisman, huh?

More like "Bust-man", amirite???????

:goodposting: The fact that he got the ball in that situation says a lot, and I honestly don't think any RB in this league could have scored on that last play with the push the Saints o-line was allowing, dude didn't stand a chance. Very encouraged from this performance.
I would think "not dissapointed" is more appropriaet than very encouraged, unless he was coming back from an injury i dont know about. Ingram did alright but he failed to make the big play to win.

:confused: I could see being encouraged by the fact that he got the ball more than Pierre Thomas, but I'm not sure how you can encouraged by his actual performance. He didn't really do anything at all that demonstrated that he's the best RB on the team. In fact, Pierre Thomas did a lot more with his touches than Ingram. And with Brees getting flattened as many times as he was, I would think that the Saints will be less and less likely to use a rookie RB if that continues to happen.

Obviously the kid has some talent, he won the Heisman for crying out loud, but this situation just screams RBBC to me, just like it has been for quite some time in N.O.

I would think "not dissapointed" is more appropriaet than very encouraged, unless he was coming back from an injury i dont know about. Ingram did alright but he failed to make the big play to win.
I dont put anything on ingram for not converting that last play. AD, Rice, Mendenhall, hell even Jacobs arent getting a TD there. The line was demolished. He looked good on his touches, and got considerably more of them than Pierre. That Im happy about, especially considering its his first game.

:confused: I could see being encouraged by the fact that he got the ball more than Pierre Thomas, but I'm not sure how you can encouraged by his actual performance. He didn't really do anything at all that demonstrated that he's the best RB on the team. In fact, Pierre Thomas did a lot more with his touches than Ingram. And with Brees getting flattened as many times as he was, I would think that the Saints will be less and less likely to use a rookie RB if that continues to happen.

Obviously the kid has some talent, he won the Heisman for crying out loud, but this situation just screams RBBC to me, just like it has been for quite some time in N.O.
Yea, he seemed kind of sloppy tonight running up the back of linemen and possibly missing some lanes/cutbacks. Vision didn't seem as good as advertised. The blocking was pretty abysmal though and the Pack have an awesome run D.

Ingram is going to be great.
No doubt. I love week one around here. It is pure comedy.Ingram has Elite NFL DNA and anyone who can't see that. Does not know football. They read box scores.He will be super solid it this year and only get better and be a top 12 pick next year.

sproles is the best back they have
The way they are using him is exactly how he should be used. Special teams, passing game, change of pace carry here and there.Ingram is their best pure RB. Not even close.But Sproles is a great weapon.

I'm gonna try to trade for him. Seems like his value might take a hit after tonight depending on how you viewed his performance. Personally I thought it was encouraging considering the Saints trailed by a lot early on. When they made it a game again early in the 3rd, he had 10 carries for 42 yards and easily was getting the most touches of the Saints RBs. In a tighter game or a game they are up, he possibly gets 18-20 carries. Plus he got the goal line carry. Granted he got stuffed, but it was hardly because of his lack of vision or something. OL just got smoked.

olin kreutz has been bad for 3 years now, and is a significant reason the bears had a bad line past 2 years. the man is a pink pong ball in the trenches.
he was brutal against the pack line. experience is nice but you still have to deliver the goods too.

Ingram wasn't goin to have his best game in a shootout against the pack. If his line doesn't run block better I might have to adjust my td projections for him.

But as far as talent, he is going to be a stud. Can't wait to watch him carve up defenses. Just wish they would pass more when he's in the game. When he steps on the field it's run 80% of the time. Kind of makes it easy on the defense...

Users who are viewing this thread