What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (9 Viewers)

I offered Ingram up for Torrey Smith and was snap rejected. Not sure if it's right or wrong but nobody has any faith in this situation.
I own those guys in 3 leagues each.I would lol in your face if you offered me Torrey for Ingram.
I own them in leagues as well. I'd laugh in your face if you offered me Smith for Ingram.
Now imagine he offered Ingram for Torrey...

I would LOVE to give Torrey and get Ingram. It's too bad I didn't draft them in that order or I could have probably had Ingram in every league instead of 3/7

rickyg said:
hotboyz said:
I kno these guys are NFL coaches and they are smarter than us, but damn how long before Payten realizes he can rely on his running game. Honestly this guy is running better than any running back in the league right now why he's not getting 18-20 carries is insane! Maybe they kno he can't handle it but what they are doing now is not working!! He's gotta be averaging 5yds a carry imagine if they let him get a rhythm!
Nothing like starting 0-2 to make a coach re-evaluate game plan.
You obviously don't know Payton.
Perhaps I don't, but he's certainly giving Ingram a larger role this far in 2014 than he has for all of ingram's 4 year career. And he's involving him a bit in the passing game too which helps make the offense less one dimensional when Ingram is in the backfield. So, that's a change.

I would LOVE to give Torrey and get Ingram. It's too bad I didn't draft them in that order or I could have probably had Ingram in every league instead of 3/7
I'm mad at myself as well. I grabbed him in one league and started him this week based on Bell tearing up the Browns last week, but I had him easy in another and I didn't realize I skipped him for another RB (I thought he was gone already). With Reggie Bush seemingly invisible, it would have been nice if I didn't do something stupid. I liked him and had him on my radar as a late round stash and only in one league with lots of FBGs do I think I really didn't have a shot (got my QBBC of Cutler/Dalton instead and had a keeper pick right after).

How is he hard to start? He is getting more than half the carries, most of the goalline work, and also is getting a few balls thrown his way. Add in that he has actually been playing really well and plays on one of the league's best offenses and what is not to like?
IMO he has a pretty low floor and only moderately high ceiling right now. He's playing really, really well, and they're still only giving him 12 carries per game. What's going to happen if he only has a 2 ypc on his first 5 carries of a game? What if he fumbles, drops a pass, or Robinson or Thomas gets hot?

I will say this. It's hard to really trust Ingram, or any of the NO RBs, with Payton calling the plays. He's like a 13 yr old kid playing Madden.

I offered Ingram up for Torrey Smith and was snap rejected. Not sure if it's right or wrong but nobody has any faith in this situation.
I own those guys in 3 leagues each.I would lol in your face if you offered me Torrey for Ingram.
I own them in leagues as well. I'd laugh in your face if you offered me Smith for Ingram.
think you guys are misreading this. he said he offered Ingram. Not asked for.

think you guys are misreading this. he said he offered Ingram. Not asked for.
Apologies. I really only looked at Leo's post. Misread it for sure.

Yup, misread.

I'm surprised the guy didn't even think about it when you offered Ingram. RB's are a hot commodity and Ingram has a lot of promise right now, vs Torrey is infuriating a lot of people who had him in their lineup (like myself lol)

Yeah I offered Ingram for Torrey. No Bueno. It's PPR and start 3 WR so maybe that had something to do with it.

I just traded Ingram for R. Wayne...I'm happy about it given my situation. If the cards were different, maybe not so much.

I went WR/WR to start (picked last) and got AJ and D. Thomas. I then went on to build a stable of RB's in Spiller, J. Bell, Ingram, Pierce, Hyde, and Asiata (added). My WR3 was Hartline or Jennings...Now, I'm headed into likely 2 weeks with out AJ, and I was really OK with any of Spiller/Bell/Ingram/Pierce starting most weeks, but Wayne would start every week, so I took it.

He may boom...but I think it's equally as likely this will be his best 2 week stretch of the season. Who knows...

Ingram is running like the HOF runner I thought he would be when I started this thread. As such, you gotta start Ingram until he stops running that good. He's on an explosive offense, and he's going to get 10-15 TD's.

The problem is the number of carries he's getting. It's absolutely insane that they are only giving him the ball 10-12 times a game. Payton is 0-2 and he has nobody to blame but himself.

That being said, I'm sure Ingram will have some huge stinkers this year. Some 9 carries for 40 yard games will happen. But there also is the possibility that Payton realizes what he has and Ingram runs for 1500 yards this year. He's running that good.

The thing is, we can't use Ingram's first two years to show what Payton will do. Ingram stunk his first two years. Every time he got the ball, he failed to make plays. He also was a signal to the opposing defense that the play was a run, when he entered the game.

That changed towards the end of last year, the preseason and the start of this season. He's running angry and looking to destroy people. If Payton gives him a chance, he will dominate this season and win a lot of people their leagues. If he doesn't give him a chance, he'll still be a solid starter that will have some big games, and some poor games.

Either way, I'd grab him in dynasty because he is going to explode next year.

I just traded Ingram for R. Wayne...I'm happy about it given my situation. If the cards were different, maybe not so much.

I went WR/WR to start (picked last) and got AJ and D. Thomas. I then went on to build a stable of RB's in Spiller, J. Bell, Ingram, Pierce, Hyde, and Asiata (added). My WR3 was Hartline or Jennings...Now, I'm headed into likely 2 weeks with out AJ, and I was really OK with any of Spiller/Bell/Ingram/Pierce starting most weeks, but Wayne would start every week, so I took it.

He may boom...but I think it's equally as likely this will be his best 2 week stretch of the season. Who knows...
hopefully this is ppr. If so, probably a decent trade. If not, it was a horrible trade.

How is he hard to start? He is getting more than half the carries, most of the goalline work, and also is getting a few balls thrown his way. Add in that he has actually been playing really well and plays on one of the league's best offenses and what is not to like?
IMO he has a pretty low floor and only moderately high ceiling right now. He's playing really, really well, and they're still only giving him 12 carries per game. What's going to happen if he only has a 2 ypc on his first 5 carries of a game? What if he fumbles, drops a pass, or Robinson or Thomas gets hot?
well he has scored 37 points in 2 weeks if that's what a moderately high ceiling is. he is going to be in the top 5 for RBs so clearly he is startable in almost any league

All good points, but considering the rash of injuries to rbs across the league and also the ineffectiveness and rbbc situations that many other face, I still feel he a pretty easy start next week.

well he has scored 37 points in 2 weeks if that's what a moderately high ceiling is. he is going to be in the top 5 for RBs so clearly he is startable in almost any league
Yep, I consider that a moderately high ceiling in PPR. It's not a knock on him (although he isn't going to be in the top 5 for RBs), it's just the numbers- it's pretty tough to have a very high ceiling if you aren't getting a ton of touches.

msudaisy26 said:
I was offered a kicker for him, seriously someone try to top that
I got him in dynasty last year literally for free. I negotiated a 2-for-1 trade (I gave two and got one back, Ingram wasn't involved), and then told the other guy to offer the trade and please include whoever he was going to cut just to make the sides even. I was pleasantly surprised to see Mark Ingram sitting on his side of the deal when it came down. People are impatient.
I traded him before the season. About a week before the season. I traded Toby Gerhart and a first rounder in 2015 for Ingram and a 1st in 2016 and one in 2018. Straight up looks good right now. Getting an extra first rounder in a league that has franchise and transition tags that require first rounders to even bid on those players much less draft the top rookies.

According to Saints reporter Mike Triplett, the Browns "made it their mission to shut down New Orleans' downfield passing game" Sunday.
The Browns sold out to stop big plays, putting as many as seven defensive backs on the field at times. That led to 174 rushing yards and a 10-118-2 line for Jimmy Graham, but an airball for Marques Colston and a 3-17-0 line for Brandin Cooks. It's the first time in 87 games Colston didn't catch a pass

According to Saints reporter Mike Triplett, the Browns "made it their mission to shut down New Orleans' downfield passing game" Sunday.
The Browns sold out to stop big plays, putting as many as seven defensive backs on the field at times. That led to 174 rushing yards and a 10-118-2 line for Jimmy Graham, but an airball for Marques Colston and a 3-17-0 line for Brandin Cooks. It's the first time in 87 games Colston didn't catch a pass
And yet Khiry Robinson averaged 3.9 ypc.

msudaisy26 said:
I was offered a kicker for him, seriously someone try to top that
I got him in dynasty last year literally for free. I negotiated a 2-for-1 trade (I gave two and got one back, Ingram wasn't involved), and then told the other guy to offer the trade and please include whoever he was going to cut just to make the sides even. I was pleasantly surprised to see Mark Ingram sitting on his side of the deal when it came down. People are impatient.
That was last year though, I got that offer this year. Right before the start of week 1 lol

If Brees doesn't throw a pick 6, it's obviously a different game. Same thing with Colston fumbling last week. From 2-0 to 0-2.

hopefully this is ppr. If so, probably a decent trade. If not, it was a horrible trade.
0.5ppr...Like I said, not considering situations, I think I could've gotten more...but I feel a lot better starting D. Thomas, Wayne, and Jennings/Hartline/James Jones along side some combination of Spiller/Bell/Pierce and Asiata than I would starting D. Thomas and 2 of the 3 lower-level WR's and RB's with Ingram. Plus, when AJ comes back from his turf toe, I'll have argueable the best starting WR corps in the league.

If Brees doesn't throw a pick 6, it's obviously a different game. Same thing with Colston fumbling last week. From 2-0 to 0-2.
We have no idea if they win without those things happening, but you're making a pretty good case for running the ball more...

Users who are viewing this thread