What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (4 Viewers)

He has averaged 3.1 yards per carry tonight against a terrible Run D. This year he's averaged 5+ in the other games he's played. The two TD's are great but it doesn't seem all that controversial to make the statement that he doesn't look great tonight. I'm sure it's the short rest. Geeez
Too early to say they are horrible, they have some talent there. They were a top defense last year. Regression to the mean and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Milkman has officially taken the wet blanket role from Kool-Aid Larry. We've missed you on the Watkins thread pal.

ETA: Comic relief is always nice.

He did as much as any RB possibly could have with those carries. Ran hard, ran after contact, made something when there was nothing.

Great agility to get in on the first TD. Great vision on the 2nd. It was an impressive performance.

He has averaged 3.1 yards per carry tonight against a terrible Run D. This year he's averaged 5+ in the other games he's played. The two TD's are great but it doesn't seem all that controversial to make the statement that he doesn't look great tonight. I'm sure it's the short rest. Geeez
he's looked fine if you are watching the game and not the ypc sheet. been hit in the backfield plenty and still had had a good game.
Agreed. I watched the last two games and he played well tonight. The difference in defensive play was evident. GB and Carolina were both bad statistically, but if you watched both games there was no doubt that the Panthers played more like their top 5 run D last year. They have the talent in the front 7 to play really well against the run. Honestly, I am not sure why they have been bad other than letting up some huge runs that didn't happen last year.

So how long do we expect this to continue? Will he get hurt again? How much will Khiry siphon off? Sell high?
If someone is buying thinking he is an RB1, then hell yeah sell high. I feel pretty confident that he will be a solid RB2 going forward though, so dont just give him away.

Milkman has officially taken the wet blanket role from Kool-Aid Larry. We've missed you on the Watkins thread pal.

ETA: Comic relief is always nice.
oh I see you put me on ignore when your players aren't performing and then you take me off and talk crap when they are doing well. lol Werd.

Man coulda had 3 TDs. Lots of carries, too -- low YPC. I'm a bit disappointed at the points left on the table. C'mon man.
:coffee: Boring shtick
No look at the thread earlier...I said 30-35 carries, 4 TD. He had a chance for 3 TD and did do 30 carries. His YPC was low, only 3.3. He had been averaging I think 5.7, which would've netted 171 yards, which would've been a knockout punch to any FF opponent. This was a good night but could've been a lot more.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize you projected someone to score 4 TD's. Now your posts are totally reasonable.

just saw this:

(KFFL)New Orleans Saints RB Mark Ingram (shoulder) suffered a right shoulder injury in the first half of the team's game Thursday, Oct. 30, and will play the rest of the game with a brace.

So how long do we expect this to continue? Will he get hurt again? How much will Khiry siphon off? Sell high?
Sell? Uh...NO.
I agree that selling probably isn't the right move, but the way the RB landscape is, there are situations where it could make a lot of sense. Half the teams in my league are just a mess at RB.
Well, most of my teams are a mess at RB...I have Ingram in four leagues and he's my best RB in 3 of them (due to taking Peterson in two and generally going hard on WR/TE early, and also going heavy on Ryan Mathews and Reggie Bush)

Sell? Uh...NO.
Why not? Two big performances, guy gets hurt fairly often, Khiry will return and likely eat into those carry counts at least a little.
Only road games left are CHI and PIT, and he's been 'running angry' for awhile now.

I know people keep saying "well, he did well this week because ___ but don't expect that going forward" but that's 4 very good games out of 4 weeks where we expected good games (and one bad game where we expected a bad game)

Man coulda had 3 TDs. Lots of carries, too -- low YPC. I'm a bit disappointed at the points left on the table. C'mon man.
No look at the thread earlier...I said 30-35 carries, 4 TD. He had a chance for 3 TD and did do 30 carries. His YPC was low, only 3.3. He had been averaging I think 5.7, which would've netted 171 yards, which would've been a knockout punch to any FF opponent. This was a good night but could've been a lot more.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize you projected someone to score 4 TD's. Now your posts are totally reasonable.
Carolina getting gashed on the ground and Ingram stood to get all the work with Khiry and PT out. Why not 4? Almost had 3.

They've now won two games in a row riding Ingram. Why go back to the three headed monster at RB? His upside is feature back for the Saints with a nice schedule down the stretch. You can't sell that.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram

Mark Ingram rushed 30 times for 100 yards and two touchdowns in New Orleans' Week 9 win over the Panthers, adding a 10-yard reception.
Ingram got the ball on New Orleans' first two plays from scrimmage and never looked back, becoming the first Saint since Deuce McAllister in 2006 to notch back-to-back 100-yard days on the ground. The 3.3 YPC was mildly disappointing against a Panthers team surrendering a league-worst 5.2 yards per carry, but Ingram was dialed up in a host of predictable running situations. He now has 54 carries for 272 yards and three touchdowns in the past five days. Ingram has a tough Week 10 matchup in the 49ers, but will be a locked-in RB2.

They've now won two games in a row riding Ingram. Why go back to the three headed monster at RB? His upside is feature back for the Saints with a nice schedule down the stretch. You can't sell that.
They are going to be thinking playoffs. You don't continually feed 25-30 carries per week to your guy if you don't have to. Lots of games left. So I'm sure other RB's will get rotated in, to a degree.

Because it's Payton. Not saying to sell him, but he'll almost certainly mess with what's been working.

This man is a beast. SO many carries on the week, but he ran hard and fiery as always. Pounding the ground when he only got two yards even with the brace on his shoulder. I don't think the injury was serious and he should be rested in 10 days.

Payton is a rational coach and he sees that Ingram is back that gets better if he gets 20 carries, and has favored him at the goal line all year (6 TDs in 5 games).

88 carries, 430 yards (4.9 ypc), 6 TDs.... Khiry and PT were active weeks 1 and 2, and yet when (if) they come back from injury suddenly Ingram will lose carries after being this effective? No way, they will simply spell him. 10 days rest and 15-20 carries going forward should be just fine.

Top 10 RB rest of schedule..... (maybe not quite PPR).

Carolina getting gashed on the ground and Ingram stood to get all the work with Khiry and PT out. Why not 4? Almost had 3.
Because it's extremely rare. It's like projecting a QB to throw for 575 yards and then acting disappointed when he doesn't.

top 10 rb from here out?
Dodds and Henry had him at 11th RoS this week, and that was before he got 30 carries and 2 TDs tonight. I think top-10 is totally doable. I'm valuing him as a low-end RB1 the rest of the way.
Is that assuming he gets 20+ carries? Can he do it with 15 carries and a couple of receptions?
Because RBs like Arian Foster and Demarco Murray are limited to 15 touches for their production?Volume has always been a necessary component of any successful RB.

what i love is he sees a crease and hes off and running ...fast and hard...and when the lanes are clogged he still doesn't go down on first contact...he fights for every inch

Wait so there are some complaints about a 100+ and 2 TD game? WTF?

I was at the game and it was a bit strange how much Car committed to stopping the run IMO. They stacked the box a lot and I'm not surprised running lanes were tough to come by. Still, what was more surprising is that NO stayed with the run and feed Ingram 30 carries.

As far as ROS, Ingram is a top 10 RB rather easily IMO. On the season he ranks as RB4 in PPG. The only game he's played and scored less than 16 points was last week, his first game back from injury. NO seems more committed to getting him the ball this year, even before this week and he's already shown to put up terrific results based on he weeks 1 and 2 performances.

Are the saints running more inside the ten this year? Feels like it. Jimmy is still the number one option there, but gotta love the commitment to run at goaline. And I'm not talkin' about the once in a blue moon qb sneaks.

Next week at home against SF. Bet he takes a backseat to the passing game.
You mean the same San Fran defense that brought Tre Mason onto the scene?
what was so special about mason vs sf?

shadyridr said:
I Am the Stig said:
What was so special about San Fran's D against Mason? What has been so special about San Fran's D at all?You do realize that this is 2014 and not 2013 right? Reputation and brand name convinced people to bench Ingram most of the season already. There are enough weapons on NO that simply stacking the box will not work. Ingram will find room.

shadyridr said:
I Am the Stig said:
What was so special about San Fran's D against Mason? What has been so special about San Fran's D at all?You do realize that this is 2014 and not 2013 right? Reputation and brand name convinced people to bench Ingram most of the season already. There are enough weapons on NO that simply stacking the box will not work. Ingram will find room.
Theyre the #2 defense in football & #4 vs the rush

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense

hes been passing the eyeball test fro the word go this season, looked great in the pre-season, has looked great every single game he has played.

I don't know if hes a top 10 the rest of the way, but I do know he's in my lineup until further notice.

Saints know there season is turning around, and its no coincidence that the Ingram has been a big part of that. He's even helped Brees look better.

shadyridr said:
I Am the Stig said:
Theyre the #2 defense in football & #4 vs the rushhttp://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense
Not according to Football Outsiders.

shadyridr said:
I Am the Stig said:
Theyre the #2 defense in football & #4 vs the rushhttp://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense
Not according to Football Outsiders.

I drafted him with the #1 rookie pick when he came out (I was debating AJ Green). I've been really upset about that pick, obviously, from the word go. The guy single handedly won me my game last week in a very tight matchup, and hopefully will do the same this week.

Users who are viewing this thread