What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

They traded up to get him and now he's producing, I just don't see them letting him walk away. I could be very, very wrong but this is something that must be considered. As an owner I really hope they don't. There are a few teams I'd love to see him with.
It's just a matter of what they can afford. Good teams lose players. For New Orleans, it's not a question of "is Mark Ingram great", it's a question of "is Mark Ingram $5+ million dollars better than some combination of Khiry, Pierre, and Cadet, knowing that we're so far over the cap right now that that $5m is going to come at the expense of another player we really like, instead?"

Chris Ivory was a really good runner, too. Maybe not as good as Ingram has looked recently, but he wasn't as expensive as Ingram is going to be, either.

He hit a lot of WW while hurt, especially with the way Thomas and Robinson are used. My guess is carries drop down to the 15-18 range a game giving him about 75-90 yards and possibly a td a game. Still in the RB2 range borderline RB1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ingram's per-game receiving numbers are now up to 2.83 targets, 1.83 receptions, and 11.2 yards. Over 16 games that would pro-rate to 45 targets, 29 catches, and 179 yards. I set his over/under at 30 catches before the season, and while his missed time means he's almost certainly going to fall short, it's looking like it was around the right ballpark.

It may not sound like much, but it's an extra 47 points in PPR leagues over the course of a season. It adds up.
How many receptions is he averaging when PT plays? The situation is still the same but he showed tonight if given the opportunity he can be a 3 down back. Very excited to see where he lands since I couldn't trade him.

Indy, Baltimore, Atl, maybe Philly would all be great spots.
In the three games Pierre played, Ingram averaged 2.67 targets, 2 receptions, and 11.67 receiving yards. So basically identical receiving numbers with and without Pierre. His rushing numbers are really what has spiked with Pierre out, though some of that is just because the Detroit game (10/16/0 rushing) fell in the "with Pierre" sample and not the "without Pierre" sample- it wasn't the presence of Pierre Thomas that held Ingram to 16 yards in that game. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the pats kind of invented the third down back didn't they?
They did not. It's been around for decades. See also: Larry Centers, Terry Metcalf, Ronnie Harmon, Keith Byars, Tony Nathan, Terry Kirby, etc.

For the most part, there's not really any new ideas in the NFL, there's just old ideas that get dusted off and recycled.

Those saying Carolina would be a fit - don't see it. Too many needs elsewhere, too much cap hell to still sort through, and JStew can't go anywhere without paying him heavily to do so. I'd be floored if Carolina brought in a FA RB.

I think ATL is a legit possibility, as is NE.

Those saying Carolina would be a fit - don't see it. Too many needs elsewhere, too much cap hell to still sort through, and JStew can't go anywhere without paying him heavily to do so. I'd be floored if Carolina brought in a FA RB.

Oakland also.

Oakland also.
If we will it... maybe it won't happen?

Oakland also.
I wouldn't mind Oakland as an Ingram owner. I can think of worse landing spots. At least he'd be a workhorse.

Personally, I'd be most excited for Indianapolis. Bradshaw is on a 1-year contract and Richardson is ungood. Plenty of cap space.

Oakland also.
I wouldn't mind Oakland as an Ingram owner. I can think of worse landing spots. At least he'd be a workhorse.

Personally, I'd be most excited for Indianapolis. Bradshaw is on a 1-year contract and Richardson is ungood. Plenty of cap space.
cha-ching.

Oakland also.

I wouldn't want to see Oakland. Indy or Atlanta would be great, or in the unlikely event Murray leaves Dallas :wub: .

Oakland also.

Really? I can't think of anywhere worse... maybe if the Browns added to their 3 RBs? lol

Kool-Aid Larry said:
Run It Up said:
I mean if he finds his way to NE, his preordained home, I wouldn't be upset.
that would be extremely interesting

can you imagine...........?

I seriously think he could put up tomlinson numbers
????

As far as running backs are concerned New England is New Orleans North.

Oakland also.

Oakland with the current regime, no thanks. Oakland with regime change, OK. I can think of much better places, but a new GM, new HC (Gruden perhaps, finally off the sidelines?), and plenty of cap space with some pieces in place... that could work just fine.

I believe the current Oakland system is broken, and will continue to be broken despite flashes of "success" until sweeping changes are made. Call it the Gene Smith theory.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the pats kind of invented the third down back didn't they?
Tom Landry did have Preston Pearson in that role during the 70's.
I'm thinking Eric Metcalf, but then again, i'm biased...

as for our boy mark ingram, he's #13 in RB points through this week, on 3 to 4 less games played. SOD (along with bradshaw imo)

we've got the NFC north run coming home vs. CIN / BAL then @ PIT. BAL is the only game that might be concerning.

thecardiackid said:
we've got the NFC north run coming home vs. CIN / BAL then @ PIT. BAL is the only game that might be concerning.
:goodposting:

Remaining opponents rank vs the RB pos (FF pts allowed to RBs) thru wk 9

Cin 28

Bal 2

@Pit 15

Car 29

@Chi 13

Atl 32

FF playoffs = :cool:

thecardiackid said:
Tom Landry did have Preston Pearson in that role during the 70's.
I'm thinking Eric Metcalf, but then again, i'm biased...

as for our boy mark ingram, he's #13 in RB points through this week, on 3 to 4 less games played. SOD (along with bradshaw imo)

That's the AFC North. ;)

thecardiackid said:

Cin 28

Bal 2

@Pit 15

Car 29

@Chi 13

Atl 32

What's also encouraging for all Saints' players owners is that if ATL stays within a game, then NO will have to play hard all the way through week 16 b/c ATL owns the tie-break due to week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
thecardiackid said:

Cin 28

Bal 2

@Pit 15

Car 29

@Chi 13

Atl 32

What's also encouraging for all Saints' players owners is that if ATL stays within a game, then NO will have to play hard all the way through week 16 b/c ATL owns the tie-break due to week 1.

Loved that NO lost last week. :)

thecardiackid said:

Cin 28

Bal 2

@Pit 15

Car 29

@Chi 13

Atl 32

That's a big if. ATL beat NO week 1 and since then ATL has defeated ONE team. Tampa Bay. That's it.

Even if ATL can pull something out of their butt @CAR and vsCLE coming up, after that it's ARI, @GB, vsPIT.

I fully expect NO to put some distance on ATL before week 16, unfortunately. And ATL is so bad that NO could get up by 3+ scores in the third quarter and not have to run Ingram into the ground if they don't want to.

What are expectations for Ingram when Thomas and Khiry return? Thomas is assumed to take playing time away from Cadet? Khiry cut into Ingrams touches? Any insights on this/news from NO?

What are expectations for Ingram when Thomas and Khiry return? Thomas is assumed to take playing time away from Cadet? Khiry cut into Ingrams touches? Any insights on this/news from NO?
I expect it to be much like the first two games of the season, Ingram will have less of the load but be the most effective RB with his touches

Free agent RBs Mikel Leshoure, Andre Brown, Tim Hightower and Brian Leonard worked out for the Saints on Tuesday.

It's a strong indication at least one of Pierre Thomas (shoulder) and Khiry Robinson (arm) won't be ready for Week 11, if not both

Lets do this again! Really good matchup this too!

Free agent RBs Mikel Leshoure, Andre Brown, Tim Hightower and Brian Leonard worked out for the Saints on Tuesday.

It's a strong indication at least one of Pierre Thomas (shoulder) and Khiry Robinson (arm) won't be ready for Week 11, if not both

Lets do this again! Really good matchup this too!
Interesting. Wonder if one of them (Khiry?) might be out for the year? Who knows but we are going on a month now.

Cincy is spiraling. Choo choo Mr. Ingram.

Khiry being out for the year would be huge obviously for Ingram but it could be pretty big for PT down the stretch too.

From Rotoworld:

Saints signed RB Brian Leonard.

Leonard got the contract over fellow free agent RBs Mikel Leshoure, Andre Brown, and Tim Hightower, who all worked out for New Orleans this week. Leonard has experience in blitz pickup, but won't be a fantasy threat whatsoever.

From Rotoworld:

Leonard got the contract over fellow free agent RBs Mikel Leshoure, Andre Brown, and Tim Hightower, who all worked out for New Orleans this week. Leonard has experience in blitz pickup, but won't be a fantasy threat whatsoever.
[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]If they signed LeShoure I was sure it would be a sign that Khiry was worse off then previously indicated. [/SIZE]But this seems to bode poorly for PT more then Khiry, no? Leonard seems more valuable in the passing game to me.

From Rotoworld:

[SIZE=14.28px]If they signed LeShoure I was sure it would be a sign that Khiry was worse off then previously indicated. [/SIZE]But this seems to bode poorly for PT more then Khiry, no? Leonard seems more valuable in the passing game to me.
That is my first impression. I would say Leonard would effect Thomas and/or Cadet more than anyone.

Is Khiry's arm broken?

Like him, but own Ingram. I just dont see how Payton can not run him hard, I don't think it stops. PT might have a decent game here or there but hes no spring chicken.

Barely hanging on to a division lead when that is the only ticket to the playoffs right now, I see Payton doing what works. A steady balance of run with Ingram sets up Brees a lot better than just chucking it 50 times. Payton's a smart guy. Ingram should get 20+ carries from here on out.

Barely hanging on to a division lead when that is the only ticket to the playoffs right now, I see Payton doing what works. A steady balance of run with Ingram sets up Brees a lot better than just chucking it 50 times. Payton's a smart guy. Ingram should get 20+ carries from here on out.
I think they are going to clinch early. CAR and ATL are horrible and NOR has a bunch of home games left. Those last few weeks might see him dialed back to 15.

I think they are going to clinch early. CAR and ATL are horrible and NOR has a bunch of home games left. Those last few weeks might see him dialed back to 15.
Huh? They have two tough home games against the Bengals and Ravens, then play three of their last five outdoors in December.

I doubt they are pass-heavy in Week 13 at Pittsburgh or Week 15 at Chicago, two places were running the ball in December is a way of life.

I dont think ive ever seen so many people in denial of whats right in front of their own eyes lol
I'll bite. What is it?
That Ingram is playing really well and even though NO should get Thomas & Khiry back, that Ingram remains the Bellcow.

I have my doubts because Payton is Payton, but Thomases role was greatly reduced this pre-season according to the hype

I dont think ive ever seen so many people in denial of whats right in front of their own eyes lol
I'll bite. What is it?
That Ingram is playing really well and even though NO should get Thomas & Khiry back, that Ingram remains the Bellcow.

I have my doubts because Payton is Payton, but Thomases role was greatly reduced this pre-season according to the hype
I agree with you. Just had/have a feeling he was going the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread