What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

Why move on from Ingram? He's getting the ball despite the Saints being terrible AND he's producing.
Agree. Goes back a couple weeks ago when I was talking about who you would even get for him that would be better at this point. You're not getting someone in the Bell, Peterson, Forte, Lynch, Freeman, Gurley tier straight up for him. Maybe you get Lacy, but that's not a guaranteed better deal. So if you wanted to move on from him, who are you moving on to?
Quite simply because we don't have to trade RB for RB. What if I have a glut of RB's and I need WR help? What if my QB went down. And what if my team is out of it at say 1 win right now, would maybe a Rawls and a first rounder in a dynasty league net a contender Ingram? What if I have a Martavius Bryant on my team and a guy has Forte, but has no WR's and he can get two starters for Forte?

All sorts of options out there other than just a handful of RB's to trade him for.

Dude is RB2 behind freeman in all my leagues. If you're gonna sell, get a true stud in return.

He's got a favorable schedule ros.

Dude is RB2 behind freeman in all my leagues. If you're gonna sell, get a true stud in return.

He's got a favorable schedule ros.
Wow. This didn't seem right so had to check. Skewed due to not having his bye yet, but 2nd in total RB points in PPR league is correct.

TheFanatic said:
Why move on from Ingram? He's getting the ball despite the Saints being terrible AND he's producing.
Agree. Goes back a couple weeks ago when I was talking about who you would even get for him that would be better at this point. You're not getting someone in the Bell, Peterson, Forte, Lynch, Freeman, Gurley tier straight up for him. Maybe you get Lacy, but that's not a guaranteed better deal. So if you wanted to move on from him, who are you moving on to?
Quite simply because we don't have to trade RB for RB. What if I have a glut of RB's and I need WR help? What if my QB went down. And what if my team is out of it at say 1 win right now, would maybe a Rawls and a first rounder in a dynasty league net a contender Ingram? What if I have a Martavius Bryant on my team and a guy has Forte, but has no WR's and he can get two starters for Forte?

All sorts of options out there other than just a handful of RB's to trade him for.
Well sure, if you combine guys with Ingram, it's different. I was just talking about a pure RB value going forward. There aren't many RBs at the moment I would prefer over Ingram.

I love Ingram. He should have taken less money and gone elsewhere. I am not sure why he mired himself back into the Sean Payton swamp. He could be a top 5 RB almost anywhere else. His usage is mind boggling. Payton is an idiot when it comes to using his RB's. How Robinson has 14 carries at a 2 yards per clip and Ingram with the same amount of carries at a 10 yards is crazy.
He's a top 5 fantasy RB right now as we speak.

:lmao: @ Payton being an idiot when it comes to using RBs. One of the dumbest things I've read on these boards.
While I'm not the one who said that, whoever did could easily argue: how many years did it take Payton to start giving Ingram the ball more than ten to twelve times per game?

I've always thought Payton did excellent work harvesting value from Sproles, Bush, and Thomas, but the way he misused Ingram his first four years was boggling.

:lmao: @ Payton being an idiot when it comes to using RBs. One of the dumbest things I've read on these boards.
While I'm not the one who said that, whoever did could easily argue: how many years did it take Payton to start giving Ingram the ball more than ten to twelve times per game?

I've always thought Payton did excellent work harvesting value from Sproles, Bush, and Thomas, but the way he misused Ingram his first four years was boggling.
Including how he basically telegraphed Ingram's plays for years because when he came in you always knew to bet on it being a running play. Sproles or Pierre come in the game it was harder to guess.

Ingram's first career carry if I remember correctly was getting stuffed at the goal line week one vs the (packers?), and it seemed like it took him 3 years to erase that memory from Payton's mind.

Including how he basically telegraphed Ingram's plays for years because when he came in you always knew to bet on it being a running play. Sproles or Pierre come in the game it was harder to guess.
Yep

Absolutely agree that ingram's first 3 years in the league were squandered BC Payton is an idiot. How can ANYONE not see this? He was drafted by the Saints in the first round to be the heir to deuce.

You don't draft a Heisman Rb in the 1st RD unless your intentions are to ride him like minny rides AP. If you're going to run a 3-headed monster and the back you are drafting is going to get around 10 touches per game you can wait until the 3rd or 4th RD and get a decently talented back for that.

And yes, Payton was so stupidly predictable with ingram's usage. Everyone in that stadium and watching on tv knew that when Ingram was in for one of his 12 snaps per game it was an obvious run play. So dumb. Shamefully dumb.

And now that Ingram has spent the last 2 seasons showing his stuff with more usage, it only emphasizes just how incredibly dumb and pig headed Payton was with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely agree that ingram's first 3 years in the league were squandered BC Payton is an idiot. How can ANYONE not see this? He was drafted by the Saints in the first round to be the heir to deuce.

You don't draft a Heisman Rb in the 1st RD unless your intentions are to ride him like minny rides AP. If you're going to run a 3-headed monster and the back you are drafting is going to get around 10 touches per game you can wait until the 3rd or 4th RD and get a decently talented back for that.

And yes, Payton was so stupidly predictable with ingram's usage. Everyone in that stadium and watching on tv knew that when Ingram was in for one of his 12 snaps per game it was an obvious run play. So dumb. Shamefully dumb.

And now that Ingram has spent the last 2 seasons showing his stuff with more usage, it only emphasizes just how incredibly dumb and pig headed Payton was with him.
:goodposting: Payton was awful with Ingram. They traded into the first round for him which meant try aggressively pursued him. Then to use him the way they did was just mind boggling.

Ingram's first career carry if I remember correctly was getting stuffed at the goal line week one vs the (packers?), and it seemed like it took him 3 years to erase that memory from Payton's mind.
First game, not first carry.

Ingram is good but he's no Earl Campbell.

Tex

:goodposting: Payton was awful with Ingram. They traded into the first round for him which meant try aggressively pursued him. Then to use him the way they did was just mind boggling.
Y'all know he was hurt, right?

Yea. But then he came back and was healthy. And he came back to being part of a 3-headed monster. Why wouldn't Payton at least WANT to see what he has in his 1st RD pick once he got healthy.

Gurley was hurt. As soon as he healed up he slid into a feature back role. BC he was a first RD pick.

Yea. But then he came back and was healthy. And he came back to being part of a 3-headed monster. Why wouldn't Payton at least WANT to see what he has in his 1st RD pick once he got healthy. Gurley was hurt. As soon as he healed up he slid into a feature back role. BC he was a first RD pick.
Last year was the first year he was fully healthy. He's been pretty effective as the main guy ever since.

Khiry Robinson ugly injury and the schedule is nice from here on out. Still very bullish Ingram. Top 10 weekly RB1.
With Robinson out, Ingram has to get more carries now, right? Unless they trust Spiller to get more carries, I think Ingram is a definite top 10 guy, maybe even top 5 rest of the way with all the injuries. Robinson won't be able to vulture anymore TDs, which is a big plus.

He looks good when he gets the ball, they just don't give it to him enough for some reason.
He's touching the ball 19 times per game and is on pace for 304 touches. How many more do you want?
Ingram didn't get a carry until their 3rd series last night, after both Robinson and Spiller got one. Robinson had more touches in the game before he went down, and he had been getting the majority of the goal line work all season.

So yeah, I'd like more touches from Ingram, especially the ones near the goal line.

Khiry Robinson ugly injury and the schedule is nice from here on out. Still very bullish Ingram. Top 10 weekly RB1.
With Robinson out, Ingram has to get more carries now, right? Unless they trust Spiller to get more carries, I think Ingram is a definite top 10 guy, maybe even top 5 rest of the way with all the injuries. Robinson won't be able to vulture anymore TDs, which is a big plus.
He's current rb2.....that's a pretty safe bet now that Robinson is out of the way.

Wear down like last year?
there was a stretch last season they were giving between 25 and 30 carries a game ...then he started looking slower and he got around 10 -15 carries a game ...didnt have the same intensity as he did in the earlier games.....He runs really hard ,like Chris Ivory...it takes a toll ...he looked worn down by season end...IMO

He looks good when he gets the ball, they just don't give it to him enough for some reason.
He's touching the ball 19 times per game and is on pace for 304 touches. How many more do you want?
Ingram didn't get a carry until their 3rd series last night, after both Robinson and Spiller got one. Robinson had more touches in the game before he went down, and he had been getting the majority of the goal line work all season.

So yeah, I'd like more touches from Ingram, especially the ones near the goal line.
OH NOES!!!

He was getting 19 touches/game before yesterday and he got 20 yesterday. Again, how many more do you want?

FF players are really greedy.

Evan Woodbery@TheSaintsBeat 56s57 seconds ago
#Saints plan to sign RB Tim Hightower to fill void left by injury to Khiry Robinson, per source.
Hightower looked good during camp and preseason. I don't think we should expect a huge jump in Ingram's touches. They use him how they do because it's effective.
I don't think we should expect a huge jump in Ingram's touches because of Payton. Hightower couldn't have looked that good considering no other team has even sniffed around him despite all of the injuries at the RB position. Payton just loves divvying up the RB pie.

I wouldn't say it's effective either- they are 3-3, tied for 21st in the league in rushing yards per game, and 27th in ypc.

OH NOES!!!

He was getting 19 touches/game before yesterday and he got 20 yesterday. Again, how many more do you want?

FF players are really greedy.
You left out the fact that he was on pace for much less than that yesterday prior to Robinson getting hurt.

He's 17th in the league in rushing attempts per game at 14.8. I would prefer he would get ~4 more per game, especially the goal lines, which will probably now go to the guy who hasn't played in the league in 4 years.

Anything else?

Why do we assume Hightower will get all these touches? Last year when Robinson/Thomas went out, Ingram's touches and production went up.

Why do we assume Hightower will get all these touches? Last year when Robinson/Thomas went out, Ingram's touches and production went up.
Good call, 80s. When guys like Hightower sign midseason, it's for insurance and depth, not to be plugged in for 10 touches a game.

They didn't replace those guys last year when they got hurt so it was all Ingram with Cadet as a receiving back. There was also some talk this preseason that Hightower would have the "Mike Bell" role in the offense before he was cut.

I'm not assuming he gets all of these touches and think it would be ridiculous if he does, but it's certainly a possibility.

Jack White said:
I added Ingrams in a trade a few weeks ago. Lost Foster, so he's now my RB1.
Based on the RBs going forward thread, it seems pretty unanimous that he is a high end RB1.

Jack White said:
Based on the RBs going forward thread, it seems pretty unanimous that he is a high end RB1.
I noticed the same thing. Interesting. I own Ingram and like him a lot, but it looks like a lot of people might be overvaluing him right now. Maybe I'll shop him around. I don't want to get rid of him, per se, but if someone is willing to overpay...

Jack White said:
I noticed the same thing. Interesting. I own Ingram and like him a lot, but it looks like a lot of people might be overvaluing him right now. Maybe I'll shop him around. I don't want to get rid of him, per se, but if someone is willing to overpay...
I am actually on the opposite end and am buying this week. With Robinson out and the offense looking better, I think there is room for even more TDs. What makes you think he isn't a stud going forward? What RBs do you prefer?

Jack White said:
I am actually on the opposite end and am buying this week. With Robinson out and the offense looking better, I think there is room for even more TDs. What makes you think he isn't a stud going forward? What RBs do you prefer?
With all the injuries at RB, I think Ingram's value has gone up. There's probably just a few RBs I'd prefer over him the rest of the way. He's a RB1 from here on out.

When I watched him play after trading for him, he didn't really pass the eye test. Khiry looked like the better runner.

But, he has become a complete back who can run between the tackles, has a nose for the goal line, has become a competent pass catcher, and excels in pass protection.

Users who are viewing this thread