Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgreen

Cheaper Tablet Alternatives

I saw this deal and I was wondering how good the lesser-known tablets are. Anyone have a cheaper tablet? These appear to offer a little more (apps and I assume better surfing) than a Kindle/Nook.

How quickly until the more expensive tablets (Ipad, Xoom, etc.) drop significantly in price?

I saw this deal and I was wondering how good the lesser-known tablets are. Anyone have a cheaper tablet? These appear to offer a little more (apps and I assume better surfing) than a Kindle/Nook.

How quickly until the more expensive tablets (Ipad, Xoom, etc.) drop significantly in price?

Just install Android 3.0 on a nook. Its pretty easy to do via an SD card. I believe it comes with 2.2 now, but it has a bunch of restrictions.

The Coby you linked to has a resistive touch screen and Android 2.1. Depending on what you want to do with the tablet, these could be yellow flags or showstoppers.

I think a capacitive screen device will put you back around $200 but it would be the minimum point of entry for me.

Just install Android 3.0 on a nook. Its pretty easy to do via an SD card. I believe it comes with 2.2 now, but it has a bunch of restrictions.
If you're looking for a Nook, Overstock has refurbs for $80.

I don't think that's color. Color would seem essential if you're going to use it as a tablet.

I don't think that's color. Color would seem essential if you're going to use it as a tablet.
:doh: Of course.

There is a Viewsonic deal that has been floating around for about $280 I believe, that has a capacitive screen and is very easy to install Android 3.0 on.

Great topic as the market for these has been steadily heating up. I've been excited about it for a while and researching every device that's come out.

When the xoom came out, I bought one, returned the 3G version and since bought a wifi only version. My hesitation with the Ipad was that it was an over sized version of my itouch, which is true. I had higher expectations for xoom and honeycomb, but I've realized that it too is nothing more than an over sized version of my Droid phone. I have a feeling that all the android devices will be basically the same thing.

The one thing for me is video playback and codec performance, which the xoom cannot properly handle, nor can my droid phone so I think it is an android and associated hardware issue. Some people don't have issues, but I have had nothing but problems trying to playback my movie files on xoom and phone (I've converted every disc in my house to digital on my HTPC). Some people claim this is a processor issue with the Tegra 2 but there's been no official comments. Either way, with the new Acer Iconia W500 at $549, the xoom is being returned and the windows system will be my new toy.

The xoom is a great piece of hardware, well built and fully capable of games, 3D, pics and web experience - it's awesome in all those respects. For me, the video playback is my #1 priority and it fails miserably in that area. The whole point is to use the media I already have and acquire in the future without renting from a cloud based service, just for my tablet.

With the new honeycomb 3.1 announcement, I see android trying diligently to follow the apple path, where they are trying to force you into buying or renting their custom formatted media rather than making it truly easy to use your own media files on the devices. that may sound tinfoil hat like, but from a business perspective it makes perfect since. I know that with itunes you can transfer your own media files, but the whole itunes methodology is cumbersome to me and I hate it. Try plugging in an "i" device to a different computer and see what happens.

So for me, the windows tablet path is what I want. Full functionality in the device, nearly universal compatibility with the other devices I already have. All the apps and games don't matter to me on a tablet; I can do all the angry birds and apps on my phone. I'm glad the Win7 tabs are finally coming around at a decent size/price.

Anyone have an Archos? They appear to have several options.

I bought my wife an Archos 70 for Xmas. The build quality is decent except for the flimsy plastic kickstand and the on-screen buttons. It's been pretty stable through a lot of use. Archosfans.com forum has pretty good instructions for tweaking the OS to support Android Market, Flash, etc.

You're right that they have several options. I believe their 8th Generation models and later are the only ones with capacitive screens and support of post-2.1 Android. Their model numbers don't make sense; you'd think a 700 is better than a 70 but you'd be thinking wrong. Make sure you read the specs before buying one.

There is a Viewsonic deal that has been floating around for about $280 I believe, that has a capacitive screen and is very easy to install Android 3.0 on.

I bought this / did this. Great device for the price.

Depending on what you want to do with the tablet...

I guess I'd want something that would be good for playing movies on long car trips, basic apps/games for kids (angry birds, etc.), e-reading (preferably Kindle since I already have a few books with them), and a good web experience. So basically I think I'd just want a droid (minus the phone and 3G) with a larger screen.How would movies work on a tablet? Do people just use Netflix for that? Can you convert a DVD and store one or two on the tablet at a time? Our portable DVD player broke and I don't want to buy another one if I can get something with more functionality for not too expensive. We could just use our laptop, I assume, on long car rides for movies.What else do people use tablets for?

NOOOOooooo no. Get the galaxy tab if you are looking for a cheap alternative.

Or try quibids

http://www.quibids.com/auctions/471868839-Apple-iPad-32GB-WiFi

I guess I'd want something that would be good for playing movies on long car trips, basic apps/games for kids (angry birds, etc.), e-reading (preferably Kindle since I already have a few books with them), and a good web experience. So basically I think I'd just want a droid (minus the phone and 3G) with a larger screen.How would movies work on a tablet? Do people just use Netflix for that? Can you convert a DVD and store one or two on the tablet at a time? Our portable DVD player broke and I don't want to buy another one if I can get something with more functionality for not too expensive. We could just use our laptop, I assume, on long car rides for movies.What else do people use tablets for?
My experience with this is what's driven me away from the mobile OS devices and back to a windows system. What I've done is convert all my discs to digital for viewing on my HTPC, which retains the 5.1 surround sound, etc and the good quality of the disc. Mobile devices, are generally not able to handle the same type of encoding that a win 7 device can handle (I've seen many different reasons for this, nothing conclusive). So in my experience, I would need to reconvert/reencode all my current video files to either an ipad/ipod acceptible format or what I've found recently is that there is even a slightly different format for proper playback on the xoom/android platforms. Each time you encode a video, it can take hours! There's no way I'm redoing hundreds of video files just to view on one of these devices, thus the windows tablet mentioned above, the Acer W500 is right for me in this respect. I'll use my phone for the games and apps which I can't get on the windows tablet.Otherwise streaming netflix should work properly. Honeycomb 3.1 even allows you to rent a video file and store it temporarily on the tablets hard drive so you can view it without internet access. That's great and all, but I'm not going to pay to rent a movie at home, copy it to my hard drive and then rent it again if I want to view it on the tablet.There are apps for ipad and android to stream video files from my HTPC hard drives to the device, I've had zero luck getting them to work (maybe I'm not smart enough, but it shouldn't be that difficult).I know I've beat this to the ground, but I'm back to the windows OS for my tablet. In my internet research, the user experiences in this respect have been 60/40 or 70/30 in favor of not having success playing their own video files. In my personal experience, not a single video file played properly for me.Now if you buy all your media from itunes or the new google service, you probably won't have any troubles, but those video files likely won't play well on your home theatre system.

I have a rooted Nook Color and it makes for a fantastic android tablet. Potential dealbreakers might include lack of any sort of camera, shaky compatibility with some apps (though this is a problem for almost any android device it seems), and, at least in my experience, horrible audio quality through the headphone jack (very noisy). But overall it's great -- very responsive, and video works fine using the newer Cyanogenmod7 ROMs, as long as the file is properly converted. I also stream unconverted video and audio from my Windows desktop to the Nook over wifi using Plex, which is a neat trick (and can surely be done with any decent tablet). Aside from video, I use it mostly for reading eBooks and comics, web surfing, and playing the occasional game... The 7" screen is perfect for those purposes, and has terrific viewing angles -- a category in which I've heard some other tablets, including the Archos ones, fail rather badly.

Overall, it's been a great purchase, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a cheap tablet option and doesn't mind tinkering a little bit to get things working properly. Most of the limitations I've run into are due more to problems with Android itself than the Nook Color, and the development community for this device is going pretty strong (for now), so I expect it to become even better in the future.

If you convert your movie to divx, you'll have no problem adding it to the tablet and playing with multiple players. Yes, conversion is a PITA, but if its for the kids, just convert a dozen favorites. Otherwise, just convert as needed or for me, I download all my content so if I knew I was going to move this to the tablet, I'd just download the divx version. Divx is a much smaller size so you can just leave them on the device and they'll always be there waiting for them. Anything with a higher resolution is really overkill on such a small screen. Its going to take up more space, chew up more battery life trying to process, take longer to transfer to the device and for no gain.

The Notion Ink Adam is awesome, if you don't actually want to have a tablet but prefer to be on a waiting list for something that might turn out to be pretty cool, someday.

My experience with this is what's driven me away from the mobile OS devices and back to a windows system. What I've done is convert all my discs to digital for viewing on my HTPC, which retains the 5.1 surround sound, etc and the good quality of the disc. Mobile devices, are generally not able to handle the same type of encoding that a win 7 device can handle (I've seen many different reasons for this, nothing conclusive). So in my experience, I would need to reconvert/reencode all my current video files to either an ipad/ipod acceptible format or what I've found recently is that there is even a slightly different format for proper playback on the xoom/android platforms. Each time you encode a video, it can take hours! There's no way I'm redoing hundreds of video files just to view on one of these devices, thus the windows tablet mentioned above, the Acer W500 is right for me in this respect. I'll use my phone for the games and apps which I can't get on the windows tablet.Otherwise streaming netflix should work properly. Honeycomb 3.1 even allows you to rent a video file and store it temporarily on the tablets hard drive so you can view it without internet access. That's great and all, but I'm not going to pay to rent a movie at home, copy it to my hard drive and then rent it again if I want to view it on the tablet.There are apps for ipad and android to stream video files from my HTPC hard drives to the device, I've had zero luck getting them to work (maybe I'm not smart enough, but it shouldn't be that difficult).I know I've beat this to the ground, but I'm back to the windows OS for my tablet. In my internet research, the user experiences in this respect have been 60/40 or 70/30 in favor of not having success playing their own video files. In my personal experience, not a single video file played properly for me.Now if you buy all your media from itunes or the new google service, you probably won't have any troubles, but those video files likely won't play well on your home theatre system.
You need better hardware/software. I can take a BR 1080p ISO rip and then rip it to iPad format or any other format and it takes 30-60 min.

The Notion Ink Adam is awesome, if you don't actually want to have a tablet but prefer to be on a waiting list for something that might turn out to be pretty cool, someday.

I would avoid the Adam right now. Pre-ordered, 30 minutes after it was out of the box mine was almost immediately stuck in a boot loop that I couldn't resolve. Took a long time to get, but I was ready for that wait. After 3-4 weeks of emails back and forth, finally got a RMA number, and shipped it back. Now I'm still waiting on the RMA. I ordered it in February, FWIW, so this has been going on for almost 3 months now. Their support is horrid and they weren't ready for even the minor success they have had through pre-orders.

You need better hardware/software. I can take a BR 1080p ISO rip and then rip it to iPad format or any other format and it takes 30-60 min.
You're partially correct. All my stuff is either mp4 or avi. The new tablets with the tegra 2 are not necessarily divx certified devices, even though they list divx formats as compatible, which threw me for a loop when got mine and had problems. I believe the samsung droid phones might be actually certified, not sure about the original galaxy tab or the new galaxy tabs. What I've read about the xoom issues is that the tegra 2 is only capable of playing baseline codec profiles, which no one uses anymore. The baseline profiles are the simplest conversions. What you'll see with the new droid tabs is that they all have near identical specs and hardware.Btw, I do my conversions on a 6mo old dell with win 7 pro, 3ghz and 4gb of ram. Hardware isn't the issue.

I would avoid the Adam right now. Pre-ordered, 30 minutes after it was out of the box mine was almost immediately stuck in a boot loop that I couldn't resolve. Took a long time to get, but I was ready for that wait. After 3-4 weeks of emails back and forth, finally got a RMA number, and shipped it back. Now I'm still waiting on the RMA. I ordered it in February, FWIW, so this has been going on for almost 3 months now. Their support is horrid and they weren't ready for even the minor success they have had through pre-orders.
I thought that was a joke. How much did u pay for that piece? And I'm sorry but u can get an ipad2 for $500. Why would you even consider anything else when the entire market is playing catchup to where apple was over a year ago?

I couldn't not avoid the Adam if I wanted to. I've been on a waiting list since last November, and at this point all I have to show for it is an email from them saying that they'll be taking pre-orders on the second batch soon and asking which model I want an invitation to pre-order. Then I got an email telling me how excited I should be about the fact that I'm on a list to get an invitation so that I can pre-order from the second batch that gets shipped, if they ever get manufactured.

I thought that was a joke. How much did u pay for that piece? And I'm sorry but u can get an ipad2 for $500. Why would you even consider anything else when the entire market is playing catchup to where apple was over a year ago?
I have an ipad. I like it. However, if the Notion Ink Adam was functional, I would want it for the price. It wouldn't be where ipad was a year ago, it would be where people hope the ipad3 is going. I'd like to be able to multitask and I'm often frustrated by the ipad's lack of a file management system. Dropbox and itunes aren't the solution to everything. I like the android system and expandable memory is a plus.

I like products that work from reliable companies :shrug:

Btw multitasking is a breeze on the ipad2. I get what you're saying, but what on earth can this thing do and for what price that would make you compare it to a product that hasn't even been conceived by the company that has led the industry by a wide margin for the past six years?

I like products that work from reliable companies :shrug:

Btw multitasking is a breeze on the ipad2. I get what you're saying, but what on earth can this thing do and for what price that would make you compare it to a product that hasn't even been conceived by the company that has led the industry by a wide margin for the past six years?

The reality is that it's not happening. The xoom is too expensive for what it is, and the Adam was interesting because it was priced correctly and aimed to hit the capabilities that people wanted to improve on the ipad. Problem is they can't deliver. Again, if it worked as advertised, I'd prefer it. Anti-glare screen, dual core processor, honeycomb, rotating camera--all great features that at a comparable price to the ipad I'd get the Adam if it worked. It doesn't, and it's not going to anytime soon.

I have an ipad. I like it. However, if the Notion Ink Adam was functional, I would want it for the price. It wouldn't be where ipad was a year ago, it would be where people hope the ipad3 is going. I'd like to be able to multitask and I'm often frustrated by the ipad's lack of a file management system. Dropbox and itunes aren't the solution to everything. I like the android system and expandable memory is a plus.
I was agnostic to the entire tablet market until the Adam came along. The promise it presented, the options and software seemed to be good and the future looked really bright. And having held it in my hand, I can say I love the form factor, I like the feel of it. When I got the invitation to pre-order, I couldn't resist. It was $549 including shipping, and the iPad2 wasn't out (although rumored.) At the time, only a handful had gone out, and it was getting decent reviews. In hindsight, I should have given the negative reviews a little more credence, but they were pretty balanced at the time I ordered. The PixelQi screen was actually the piece the put me over the top. The ability for a tablet I get to be a good e-reader as well was key - I haven't bought a Kindle or Nook because I didn't want a dedicated e-reader, and I don't want to read on an LCD screen.I've never considered an iPad, and still haven't really thought about that. I've played with the test units we have at work, and I just don't care for it. :shrug: Notion Ink = overpromise but underdeliver. Kind of the opposite of what a good company would be aiming at. The Asus Explorer is another intriguing tablet that is from a reputable company and has it's own set of unique things like the keyboard/docking station. If I was looking for a tablet, it would be under serious consideration.

I was agnostic to the entire tablet market until the Adam came along. The promise it presented, the options and software seemed to be good and the future looked really bright. And having held it in my hand, I can say I love the form factor, I like the feel of it. When I got the invitation to pre-order, I couldn't resist. It was $549 including shipping, and the iPad2 wasn't out (although rumored.) At the time, only a handful had gone out, and it was getting decent reviews. In hindsight, I should have given the negative reviews a little more credence, but they were pretty balanced at the time I ordered. The PixelQi screen was actually the piece the put me over the top. The ability for a tablet I get to be a good e-reader as well was key - I haven't bought a Kindle or Nook because I didn't want a dedicated e-reader, and I don't want to read on an LCD screen.

I've never considered an iPad, and still haven't really thought about that. I've played with the test units we have at work, and I just don't care for it. :shrug:

Notion Ink = overpromise but underdeliver. Kind of the opposite of what a good company would be aiming at.

The Asus Explorer is another intriguing tablet that is from a reputable company and has it's own set of unique things like the keyboard/docking station. If I was looking for a tablet, it would be under serious consideration.

That sucks, I remember reading about the adam and being intrigued, may have ended up with one if it had been available. When I consider an electronics product, I check out every possible review (either professional or user) that I can find. These things can be so hit or miss. The major thing I read about the adam was that it was an Indian startup company, so deliveries were an issue and no one had a real chance to do in person reviews (this was some time ago).

I ordered my Acer W500 and it will show up next week. The xoom goes back this weekend. I've used Win 7 on a touch screen before and didn't have any issues, actually enjoyed it. I've been reading about this though and may give it a shot with my new W500 Thinix. It tries to give Win7 users a more "app-like" touch experience while using Win 7. Lots of videos and even some other software products to compare in this respect.

You're partially correct. All my stuff is either mp4 or avi. The new tablets with the tegra 2 are not necessarily divx certified devices, even though they list divx formats as compatible, which threw me for a loop when got mine and had problems. I believe the samsung droid phones might be actually certified, not sure about the original galaxy tab or the new galaxy tabs. What I've read about the xoom issues is that the tegra 2 is only capable of playing baseline codec profiles, which no one uses anymore. The baseline profiles are the simplest conversions. What you'll see with the new droid tabs is that they all have near identical specs and hardware.Btw, I do my conversions on a 6mo old dell with win 7 pro, 3ghz and 4gb of ram. Hardware isn't the issue.
Then you are doing something seriously wrong if your conversion take hours like you have said. I am taking a BR ISO file that is 20-35GB and ripping to any format I want and it takes 30-60 min, with the longer time due to having to down convert the audio from Dolby TrueHD or DTS Master to stereo. And I hope your battery life expectations for the Win 7 tablet are realistic. I wouldn't expect more than 2 to 3 hours tops for it (I know they say 4 but mfgs are never accurate with battery life), to me that's pretty worthless.

Or try quibids

Came in to suggest the Galaxy Tab. If you buy an unlocked one it can make calls just like a cell phone.

Schlzm

Or try quibids

Came in to suggest the Galaxy Tab. If you buy an unlocked one it can make calls just like a cell phone.

Schlzm

Couldn't you make calls regardless using skype?

$400 ASUS Transformer vs. $500 Ipod 2.

Summary of review (go to around 19:00)

Screen - Transformer

Speed - Tie

Browser - Transformer (flash)

Apps - iPad2

OS - tie

Intangibles - tie

With the $150 keyboard dock you can turn the Transformer into a laptop replacement. You can also add a lot of storage using microSD (up to 32GB on the tablet) and SDHC (up to 64GB on the keyboard dock).

Or try quibids

Schlzm

Of course if you are constantly connected to a WiFi or 4G signal. However not everyone has that option all of the time. Also who knows what will happen to Skype with the M$ buyout...

Schlzm

Or try quibids

Schlzm

Of course if you are constantly connected to a WiFi or 4G signal. However not everyone has that option all of the time. Also who knows what will happen to Skype with the M$ buyout...

Schlzm

Or maybe Google talk. As long as you're willing to keep your google page running.

I waiting for Amszon's upcoming tab

Which tablet did you use to type this?

I waiting for Amszon's upcoming tab

Which tablet did you use to type this?
:shrug:iPhone

I have a rooted Nook Color and it makes for a fantastic android tablet. Potential dealbreakers might include lack of any sort of camera, shaky compatibility with some apps (though this is a problem for almost any android device it seems), and, at least in my experience, horrible audio quality through the headphone jack (very noisy). But overall it's great -- very responsive, and video works fine using the newer Cyanogenmod7 ROMs, as long as the file is properly converted. I also stream unconverted video and audio from my Windows desktop to the Nook over wifi using Plex, which is a neat trick (and can surely be done with any decent tablet). Aside from video, I use it mostly for reading eBooks and comics, web surfing, and playing the occasional game... The 7" screen is perfect for those purposes, and has terrific viewing angles -- a category in which I've heard some other tablets, including the Archos ones, fail rather badly.Overall, it's been a great purchase, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a cheap tablet option and doesn't mind tinkering a little bit to get things working properly. Most of the limitations I've run into are due more to problems with Android itself than the Nook Color, and the development community for this device is going pretty strong (for now), so I expect it to become even better in the future.

Addendum: maybe the audio isn't quite as bad as I thought. It's still a bit noisy, but a different pair of headphones makes a big difference.

Just an update to my Adam saga, I got a tracking number (along with apologies for the delay) today for it's return from the RMA. So...hopefully I'll get to play with a working version soon. Doesn't change my recommendation to stay away for now.

As much as I like the Transformer, I think it's worth waiting for nVidia's Kal El chip (Tegra3). Nvidia is claiming it's 5x faster than the current Tegra2 and will be much better at 3D and playing 720p h.264 - without sacrificing battery life. The next version of the Transformer with Tegra3 should be out by early next year.

Then you are doing something seriously wrong if your conversion take hours like you have said. I am taking a BR ISO file that is 20-35GB and ripping to any format I want and it takes 30-60 min, with the longer time due to having to down convert the audio from Dolby TrueHD or DTS Master to stereo. And I hope your battery life expectations for the Win 7 tablet are realistic. I wouldn't expect more than 2 to 3 hours tops for it (I know they say 4 but mfgs are never accurate with battery life), to me that's pretty worthless.
The last file conversion I did took about 70min, so I guess it's inline with your 30-60min estimate. But if you're doing a full BR conversion in 30-60 mins, my question is what hardware are you using, cuz that's awesome.The user reviews I've read about battery life on the W500 are averaging between 4-5hrs, which is fine for me. There are tweaks you can do to extend it. One guy claimed 7.5hrs by reducing the screen brightness and commented that on low level it was still bright enough to use effectively. My last Lenovo Win7 tablet/netbook also did well on low brightness. It had a much larger battery so it was never an issue. When my W500 arrives next week, I'll post some updates. But as usual, everyone falls into certain camps, either apple, droid or windows. They all do things well, some better at certain things than others. I guess I'm just a windows guy as I've had limited success with some things in droid and ios.I've been reading about dual booting a win7 machine with honeycomb - there's only been marginal success with older droid versions, no real info on honeycomb yet. I'd imagine honeycomb could work though since its tablet specific and previous versions rely on hardware buttons for some navigation. I'm just worried that it's too complicated for me to pull it off.

Anyone know about the HP TouchPad coming out? It looks like Slate Jr.

The last file conversion I did took about 70min, so I guess it's inline with your 30-60min estimate. But if you're doing a full BR conversion in 30-60 mins, my question is what hardware are you using, cuz that's awesome.The user reviews I've read about battery life on the W500 are averaging between 4-5hrs, which is fine for me. There are tweaks you can do to extend it. One guy claimed 7.5hrs by reducing the screen brightness and commented that on low level it was still bright enough to use effectively. My last Lenovo Win7 tablet/netbook also did well on low brightness. It had a much larger battery so it was never an issue. When my W500 arrives next week, I'll post some updates. But as usual, everyone falls into certain camps, either apple, droid or windows. They all do things well, some better at certain things than others. I guess I'm just a windows guy as I've had limited success with some things in droid and ios.I've been reading about dual booting a win7 machine with honeycomb - there's only been marginal success with older droid versions, no real info on honeycomb yet. I'd imagine honeycomb could work though since its tablet specific and previous versions rely on hardware buttons for some navigation. I'm just worried that it's too complicated for me to pull it off.
Hardware is a Core i3 proc with 4GB RAM running Windows 7 Home Premium. Have an internal Samsung BR. Nothing special hardware wise. I am using DVDFab software.I still think you will have battery life issues. It's only a 3 cell battery, I have a 3 cell in my Dell 4310 and I barely get 3 hours and even less when I watch a movie.

Hardware is a Core i3 proc with 4GB RAM running Windows 7 Home Premium. Have an internal Samsung BR. Nothing special hardware wise. I am using DVDFab software.I still think you will have battery life issues. It's only a 3 cell battery, I have a 3 cell in my Dell 4310 and I barely get 3 hours and even less when I watch a movie.
Battery is always the biggest issue with windows mobile systems (laptops, tablets, etc). Supposedly Win 8 is to help this and some processors are coming out later this year or next year designed to help.The way that I'll be using it though, if I can get 3.5-4hrs consistently it should be fine for me. Hell I'm already in the habit of plugging in everything else, what's one more device? Plus, I can't think of any time where I would be away from an outlet for more than a few hours anyway and actually be using the tablet - the only scenario is on a plane, and most of my flights the past three years and for at least the next year are only 1-2hrs long. In atlanta, with Delta I'm only a few hours from most of the country. Not a big deal to me.

The Dell Streak has been reviewed well, at least Techbargains likes it. Plus, the 7" version is also a phone, which is what I've been waiting for.

You can get a refurbished Galaxy Tab from ATT right now for $216 after the 1 month prepaid data requirement.http://m.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2925409

Came in here to post that. Fantastic deal if 7" is a size you're looking. Definitely better than a Nook Color.

You can get a refurbished Galaxy Tab from ATT right now for $216 after the 1 month prepaid data requirement.http://m.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2925409

:thumbup: I grabbed one.