What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

best fantasy football podcasts (1 Viewer)

Here is the only Dynasty one I'm aware off: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bfdfantasyfootball/2011/05/11/big-fn-dynasty-show

Also don't knock some of the ESPN stuff. The Football Today podcast is not fantasy related but it's a good football conversation, you usually get a guy like Shefter popping on at least once a week with some insider info and sometimes they have a guy like Greg Cosell on so some good info and I think they do this 3 times a week during the off season so plenty of content.

ANYTHING FROM FBG is QUALITY

Twitter round table on fantasy sports geeks - Jim Day

Smash mouth Wednesday on Blog talk - starts at 9 and goes to 12 - three different shows lots of fun

All purpose roto is somewhat new but good

Blog talk radio

Fantasy sharks (Tuesday & Saturday) good stuff more redraft

All of these are on iTunes. In fact go there and do a search get a sample.

Profootballtalk live with mike florio is a must. Not fantasy just good old fashioned football damn it!

Big F'n Dynasty with Invictus is new and has great potential - good trade discussions so far

Round table twitter with Jim day is especially fun

ANYTHING FROM FBG is QUALITY

Twitter round table on fantasy sports geeks - Jim Day

Smash mouth Wednesday on Blog talk - starts at 9 and goes to 12 - three different shows lots of fun

All purpose roto is somewhat new but good

Blog talk radio

Fantasy sharks (Tuesday & Saturday) good stuff more redraft

All of these are on iTunes. In fact go there and do a search get a sample.
Aside from the Audible - the bolded are outstanding IMO. I was there at the start of the Smashmouth Wed and the guys put together some great shows. Jim is outstanding as well and gets some great guests.I'm not a huge fan of some of the BTR shows, but those two groups are some I love to listen to.

I think the depth and breadth of the Audible keeps it above the rest as the best series.

The Twitter roundtable is the only other fantasy-related podcast that I try to catch when I can. I think Matt Williamson does a very good job on the Fantasy Football Today podcast and, though I'm not a big fan of John Hansen at times, the matchup podcast with Greg Cosell is a must listen during the season. I don't always agree with Cosell, but his access to game film allows him to spot interesting trends and details that you can't get from the TV broadcasts and box scores.

Profootballtalk live with mike florio is a must. Not fantasy just good old fashioned football damn it!Big F'n Dynasty with Invictus is new and has great potential - good trade discussions so farRound table twitter with Jim day is especially fun
Thanks for the love. Michael (Invictus) and I are having a blast doing the show. Trade discussions are a weekly feature.There are so many great podcasts now, its great just to be mentioned with them.

Profootballtalk live with mike florio is a must. Not fantasy just good old fashioned football damn it!Big F'n Dynasty with Invictus is new and has great potential - good trade discussions so farRound table twitter with Jim day is especially fun
Thanks for the love. Michael (Invictus) and I are having a blast doing the show. Trade discussions are a weekly feature.There are so many great podcasts now, its great just to be mentioned with them.
I listen to podcasts all day during work & have listened to the 1st few weeks. You guys have shown a big improvement over week 1. That week with 3 it seemed disorganized , a lot of stepping on each others toes & your guest had a great voice for twitter.I've subscribed in itunes.

I liked football today up and untill the superfans. After about the third one of those i stopped listening.

I listen to podcasts all day during work & have listened to the 1st few weeks. You guys have shown a big improvement over week 1. That week with 3 it seemed disorganized , a lot of stepping on each others toes & your guest had a great voice for twitter.I've subscribed in itunes.
Thanks for hanging in Amigo..the first week we weren't sure if we were gonna go up, and maybe should've waited the extra week especially with a guest first time out. We got our sea legs now and it's great to hear you enjoy it. Spread the word..Thanks

Thanks for hanging in Amigo..the first week we weren't sure if we were gonna go up, and maybe should've waited the extra week especially with a guest first time out. We got our sea legs now and it's great to hear you enjoy it. Spread the word..Thanks
Hope you can make it 9pm Est. tonighthttp://www.blogtalkradio.com/bfdfantasyfootball/2011/05/18/big-fn-dynasty-show

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you can make it 9pm Est. tonighthttp://www.blogtalkradio.com/bfdfantasyfootball/2011/05/18/big-fn-dynasty-show
At what point does this self-promoting cross the line and become spam ?

perfect timing

perfect timing
I guess since this is the first time I posted it why don't you decide for yourself slick? Your judgment from what I've seen here has been questionable at best, so it may be a tough one for you. I guess you're still pissed about your great call on J Stewart from last year..Encore

:shrug:How come you haven't asked Lammey & Bloom when they put up their weekly thread? I don't see the problem here with letting people know

Lammey, Bloom, and Waldman write and work for footballguys. No line crossed. Jim and I don't advertise the twitter roundtable here. I've been a paying member since 2005 and you won't find any self promotion.

Lammey, Bloom, and Waldman write and work for footballguys. No line crossed. Jim and I don't advertise the twitter roundtable here. I've been a paying member since 2005 and you won't find any self promotion.
Maybe you should , I've never heard of it. If your not going to promote yourself then who is?My FBG FFA podcast is going to be hitting itunesand the Lammey-Bloom was sarcasm on my part

Please keep the tone in this thread civil. If it descends any further into a flaming match, I'll have to delete it.

MW

BTW Hell Toupee, Cecil, Sigmund and Waldman are all staff at Footballguys.com - they are promoting their show to their listeners here, not spamming the board. We don't allow competitors to spam or pimp their shows here.

BTW Hell Toupee, Cecil, Sigmund and Waldman are all staff at Footballguys.com - they are promoting their show to their listeners here, not spamming the board. We don't allow competitors to spam or pimp their shows here.
Gosh I know that . I'm not a rube holding a balloon walking the midway. I listen to every audible podcast , probably my favorite podcast. I wasn't saying they spam the board . DP69 accused IB of spamming when he only mentioned it one time . I was merely making a point of his statementsometimes I wonder why I venture into the sp

Am I the only one that gets the feeling that one guy knows what he is talking about while the other guy is from another planet?
I agree .Its a very odd pairing
Scott Atkins (Team Legacy on these boards) is pretty darn good but your right the dude from Kentucky is hooorible. Besides the Audible the FantasyGuru weekly preview show is the only other podcast I don't miss during the season. Greg Cosell is money.

Gosh I know that . I'm not a rube holding a balloon walking the midway. I listen to every audible podcast , probably my favorite podcast. I wasn't saying they spam the board . DP69 accused IB of spamming when he only mentioned it one time . I was merely making a point of his statementsometimes I wonder why I venture into the sp
HellToupeeThanks for being honorable and having some common sense. It's amazing I actually have to thank someone for that, but then again look at the reasons why..

Here is the only Dynasty one I'm aware off: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bfdfantasyfootball/2011/05/11/big-fn-dynasty-show

Also don't knock some of the ESPN stuff. The Football Today podcast is not fantasy related but it's a good football conversation, you usually get a guy like Shefter popping on at least once a week with some insider info and sometimes they have a guy like Greg Cosell on so some good info and I think they do this 3 times a week during the off season so plenty of content.
I've never listened to either of those. I subscribed to BFD & have just listened to the last couple of episodes. Pretty good show. With the lockout & nothing much happening, it's a welcome relief. I've also subscribed to Football Today & have downloaded all the episodes since the draft. I'll start listening to those, as well. It's a way to get my fix. :) Thanks for the suggestions.

anything but CBS sports. last year they had Ben Tate as the #2 rookie pick, and now they say Daniel Thomas is the clear cut #1 this year.

Truly Jamey Eisenberg is so self-promoting and condescending it's amazing Dave Richard doesn't punch him in the face. What a complete tool. That is all.

I've never listened to either of those. I subscribed to BFD & have just listened to the last couple of episodes. Pretty good show. With the lockout & nothing much happening, it's a welcome relief. I've also subscribed to Football Today & have downloaded all the episodes since the draft. I'll start listening to those, as well. It's a way to get my fix. :) Thanks for the suggestions.
I listin to both, but I prefer football today.

Thanks to this IB promoting the show in a single post he gave regarding it, I found out and subscribed to his show. :shrug:

I just wanted to bump this thread (hope that's okay), to see if there's anything out there that I'm missing. I've really enjoyed listening to fantasy football podcasts while at the gym lately and I'm seeing if there are any more out there.

I've been listening to the audible and BFD dynasty (newest show won't download in itunes for some reason). I tried to download red vs. blue in itunes and it won't download either.

Any idea why the 2 shows won't download? Also, any other podcasts that are actually having episodes this summer that I should check out?

I just wanted to bump this thread (hope that's okay), to see if there's anything out there that I'm missing. I've really enjoyed listening to fantasy football podcasts while at the gym lately and I'm seeing if there are any more out there.I've been listening to the audible and BFD dynasty (newest show won't download in itunes for some reason). I tried to download red vs. blue in itunes and it won't download either.Any idea why the 2 shows won't download? Also, any other podcasts that are actually having episodes this summer that I should check out?
BBThe BFD Dynasty shouldn't be a problem with Itunes but I'll follow up on it and make sure. Thanks

I just wanted to bump this thread (hope that's okay), to see if there's anything out there that I'm missing. I've really enjoyed listening to fantasy football podcasts while at the gym lately and I'm seeing if there are any more out there.I've been listening to the audible and BFD dynasty (newest show won't download in itunes for some reason). I tried to download red vs. blue in itunes and it won't download either.Any idea why the 2 shows won't download? Also, any other podcasts that are actually having episodes this summer that I should check out?
BBThe BFD Dynasty shouldn't be a problem with Itunes but I'll follow up on it and make sure. Thanks
I'm having the same problem downloading the Big F'n Dynasty Show. The network connection keeps timing out.

I'm having the same problem downloading the Big F'n Dynasty Show. The network connection keeps timing out.
Yeah, that is my issue as well. Same issue with Red v. Blue.

Yeah, that is my issue as well. Same issue with Red v. Blue.
Guys, it's a Blogtalk issue and they're on it..hopefully quick. Thanks for the heads up

I haven't had a problem with BFD thru itunes at all but have had this problem before. Try unsubscribing & then re-subscribe again

Obviously the Audible, but also anything with Jim Day (aka, FantasyTaz) is outstanding. Whether it be the Fantasy Roundtable on Sports Geeks Radio, The Fantasy Exchange or BFD fantasy football - he is awesome! RvB, PFF, 2Mugs, etc are also good. ESPN and CBS are OK. . . more commercialized obviously.

There is a plethora of audio to listen to including the ones associated with this site. Listen to the one's you don't agree with too as they often introduce another variable in the thought process. No one is right 100% of the time.

Blog talk Radio has added a much appreciated dimension to the world of Fantasy Sports; though Football is the only one that matters. Nearly every show has it's eye rolling moments but give them a shot and see which ones appeal to you enough to fill the time you have.

What's Your Fantasy can be both friggin hysterical and informative.

Fantasy Sharks with Gregg Kellogg does a great job covering a myriad of topics and his co-hosts are solid, typically bringing a different point of view.

When I think back to where we were just a few years ago with regards to audio options the landscape has changed dramatically. Thanks to all who fill the airwaves with constructive thought!!!

Obviously the Audible, but also anything with Jim Day (aka, FantasyTaz) is outstanding. Whether it be the Fantasy Roundtable on Sports Geeks Radio, The Fantasy Exchange or BFD fantasy football - he is awesome! RvB, PFF, 2Mugs, etc are also good. ESPN and CBS are OK. . . more commercialized obviously.
I like and respect Jim Day too. His takes are strong and he doesn't waiver. The only thing I would add is that in my opinion he may be a tad bit overexposed as far as BTR fantasy goes.

Users who are viewing this thread