What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (3 Viewers)

eakfootball

Footballguy
I've seen some pretty funny trade offers, post the worst you have been sent. Off the top of my head, I think of a few months ago when I was offered Brian Hartline for C.J. Spiller. I have been sent a few worse which I will try and think off, but lets hear some of the funniest offers you have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple doozies came in this year in my 16 team league. a mid 2nd round rookie pick for Jahvid Best was the worst. a 3rd and 5th rounder for Pozluzney was also frustrating.

12-team IDP PPR league... Late last season... Romo and Pettigrew for Ray Rice and Josh Freeman. I was told I probably wouldn't be able to get much more, if any, for Rice/Freeman.

i knew i saved some of these offers in my Outlook for a reason:

CJ, Dez and M Thomas

for

SJax, Lloyd and Meacham

Bowe, Scott and 1.08

for

Wells, Alexander, and Nelson

and there was a rash of offers involving their last play picked in the start up. There is a reason I passed on that player 22 times.

1.12 for Chris Johnson

Guy said cj's 2010 season was 30% less then his 2009 season and that decline should continue only leaving him 1-2 more years of being playable.

Gotta give the guy credit for that reasoning.

Yesterday during Zealots draft I was offered this trade:

I give TBB Mike Williams

I get pick 3.12 and 3rd rounder next year

In my dynasty league last season somebody offered me: his John Carlson + TO for my Crabtree + Aaron Hernandez (right after Aaron Hernandez strung together a few solid games)

Percy Harvin for my 1.03, 2.03 and 3.03 this year.

We eventually came to an agreement but it was more like A. Bradshaw and his 3.12, 4.12 and 2012 2nd round for Manningham, my 2.03, 3.03, 4.03 and 2012 4th round

Can't think of the top of my head, you just have to laugh at these offers. Otherwise I am as guilty as the next bloke of getting offended at times, perhaps its one of my slopstic delusions thinking I'm earned some respect.

Best move is to laugh and thank-you for the offer, at least they are opening the trade doors and u counter and your on your way

Last year mid season a guy offered me Hightower straight up for Dez Bryant in a dynasty league :eek:

I know it's Peterson but this has to qualify

A guy in my dynasty league mid season last year offered me

He wanted to give me Peterson

He wanted me to give him

A-Foster

M-Vick

B-Marshall

2011 1st round pick of a team that was 2-7 at the time (ends up being #2 this year for me)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Getting "offended" at offers is like getting mad when you fail to play a hand at poker, the guy plays in your place and gives you $20 for just being there. I am always trying to get the upperhand on trades I make (i'm not an idiot, though, and offer a crap player for an elite one). Honestly, when you walk into a car dealership, do you tell the salesman, "Let's try to find something that both of us will be happy with"? No, you try to get the most for your money...

I know it's Peterson but this has to qualifyA guy in my dynasty league mid season last year offered meHe wanted to give me PetersonHe wanted me to give him A-FosterM-VickB-Marshall2011 1st round pick of a team that was 2-7 at the time (ends up being #2 this year for me) :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thats a crazy deal... Peterson is not even close to that value

I know it's Peterson but this has to qualifyA guy in my dynasty league mid season last year offered meHe wanted to give me PetersonHe wanted me to give him A-FosterM-VickB-Marshall2011 1st round pick of a team that was 2-7 at the time (ends up being #2 this year for me) :eek: :eek: :eek:
How was that team 2-7?

I get Peterson, Adrian MIN RB;Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RB

I give Jones, Felix DAL RB;Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB;Williams, Mike TBB WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick;Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick;Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick

I said no.

I get Peterson, Adrian MIN RB;Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RBI give Jones, Felix DAL RB;Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB;Williams, Mike TBB WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick;Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick;Year 2012 Round 1 Draft PickI said no.
Do you already have 3 2012 1st round picks or was that a typo? If you do you're thinking the same as me. Next year gonna be a good class for offense.

I give 1st rounderI get. nothingI was really pissed and complained to commish... I saw it and was like WTF
The sender forgot to include some version of "What would it take the pry your 1st rounder off of you?" in the note section. It is a pretty common practice.

Non-ppr, i would consider that without the pick, depending on my roster.

I give 1st rounderI get. nothingI was really pissed and complained to commish... I saw it and was like WTF
The sender forgot to include some version of "What would it take the pry your 1st rounder off of you?" in the note section. It is a pretty common practice.
Yea, talk about overreactions... I'm not fond of it but it's a VERY common negotiation tactic. Just ask for his best player and see what he counters with.

A week before the season opened last year, I took Dez Bryant at 5.06 in a PPR Dynasty start-up draft. After the first week's games I was offered a straight up trade of Michael Bush (who had been taken at 11.05) for Bryant.

I rejected the trade and asked, "Why would I trade you a player I took in the 5th round for one you took in the 11th?" His response was, "You made a huge reach when you drafted Bryant, he wasn't worth a 5th round pick." I replied back that if he wanted to trade with me in the future, it was probably not a good selling point to suggest that I was an idiot in making my draft selectons.

I had a guy offer me danario alexander for 1.02 in a rookie draft. I rejected it and said I wasnt really interested in alexander. He made 2 more crappy offers with alexander...

I had a guy offer me danario alexander for 1.02 in a rookie draft. I rejected it and said I wasnt really interested in alexander. He made 2 more crappy offers with alexander...

Just yesterday some guy offered me Anthony Armstrong and 2.08 (picks aren't that valuable in our league) for Schaub.

I get Peterson, Adrian MIN RB;Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RBI give Jones, Felix DAL RB;Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB;Williams, Mike TBB WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick;Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick;Year 2012 Round 1 Draft PickI said no.
Do you already have 3 2012 1st round picks or was that a typo? If you do you're thinking the same as me. Next year gonna be a good class for offense.
Yeah. I've worked a bit to get three first round picks for 2012. I've fixed my WR problems these last two years. Next year it'll be RBs...probably.

Here is one I got 2 weeks ago...probably not the worst I have ever received, but it is definitely up there.

*INTIMIDATORS proposed a trade with *Columbus Destroyers:

* *INTIMIDATORS will give

Moss, Randy TEN WR

* To *Columbus Destroyers for

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Before last season:

DeAngelo Williams for Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw and Jake Delhomme.

The only problem? It was me who had Williams and it was me who declined.

:wall: :cry:

not the worst....but most recent:

* Karen's Nightmare will give

Clausen, Jimmy CAR QB

Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR

* To Velvet Elvis for

Hardesty, Montario CLE RB

Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Velvet Elvis

I offered it-Arian Foster for Rennie Curran (rookie LB for the Titans).

I was turned down-it was before Tate got hurt last spring. 2 commishes reviewed the offer and thought Tate was the man of the future.

not the worst....but most recent: * Karen's Nightmare will give Clausen, Jimmy CAR QB Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR * To Velvet Elvis for Hardesty, Montario CLE RB Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Velvet Elvis
I don't really see that one as very bad. All of the players involved have fairly minimal value. Lots of people don't like Massaquoi (myself included). Heck, I don't like ANY of those players.

not the worst....but most recent: * Karen's Nightmare will give Clausen, Jimmy CAR QB Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR * To Velvet Elvis for Hardesty, Montario CLE RB Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Velvet Elvis
Which side is this bad for?

I offered it-Arian Foster for Rennie Curran (rookie LB for the Titans).I was turned down-it was before Tate got hurt last spring. 2 commishes reviewed the offer and thought Tate was the man of the future.
Love those...I offered Arian foster 26 times last offseason. I was pitching him as a top 20 RB. Got shot down all over the place. Now all those offers look like steals had anyone accepted. I'm glad I play in a league where guys go out of their way to protect me from myself. :)

Which side is this bad for?
The side that would get Clausen and Massaquoi IMO.If Hardesty were cut, he wouldn't last 5 seconds on the waiver wire in any league I am in. Clausen is an unclaimed free agent in one league, and I tried to move Massaquoi but couldn't get anyone to even give me even a 3rd round pick in a rookie draft.

1.12 for Chris JohnsonGuy said cj's 2010 season was 30% less then his 2009 season and that decline should continue only leaving him 1-2 more years of being playable.Gotta give the guy credit for that reasoning.
I would then ask the other owner why he would want a player whose production is diminishing so quickly. :D

How was that team 2-7?
My team was not 2-7 but the team I held the rights to their pick was 2-7 at the time he wanted to make this deal so I knew it would be a 1-4 pick

Your nuts, and it is a non ppr league. Foster and Vick were #1 and #2 in the scoring system last year PPG and by a lot of at each position over their peers.I nearly choked on my food as I opened and read the email starting with "you might this is a lot to ask but hear me out..."Not to mention that this guy is in my division and my #1 rival so I would have handed him the title last year instead of winning it myself.Foster vs Peterson is a coin flip.

Your nuts, and it is a non ppr league. Foster and Vick were #1 and #2 in the scoring system last year PPG and by a lot of at each position over their peers.I nearly choked on my food as I opened and read the email starting with "you might this is a lot to ask but hear me out..."Not to mention that this guy is in my division and my #1 rival so I would have handed him the title last year instead of winning it myself.Foster vs Peterson is a coin flip.
You lost me... you won the league and get the #2 pick?

12 Team League. Got offered Boldin and 1.11 for 1.3 and 2.3 a week ago. Basically, Boldin for 1.3

I thought it was pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread