Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
eakfootball

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

Latest offer i hadGive:Mathews2012 1st (top 5 most likely top 2)Get:Maclin

I guess it just shows how people value players so differently because I don't see this as a horrible offer (the pick does skew it but I prefer Maclin to Matthews). I'd either try to negotiate the pick down quite a bit to a third or try and get an extra something back with Maclin - but on it's face like I said, I prefer Maclin to Matthews (and I do beleive Matthews is better than he showed last season).Sometimes people try and "get over" with their initial offer, but it can be used as a starting point if you see something there.

Here is another one I was just offeredI give LeSean McCoy, Jordy Nelson, Dustin Keller, 2012 firstHe gives Kenny Britt, Deji Karim, 2012 4th

See now this is the type of offers I expect to see in this thread. There's really nothing to work with at all there. Even the biggest beleiver's in Britt's talents have to realize that his value has been depressed, and even without his "warts" this is a terrible offer.

I guess it just shows how people value players so differently because I don't see this as a horrible offer (the pick does skew it but I prefer Maclin to Matthews). I'd either try to negotiate the pick down quite a bit to a third or try and get an extra something back with Maclin - but on it's face like I said, I prefer Maclin to Matthews (and I do beleive Matthews is better than he showed last season).Sometimes people try and "get over" with their initial offer, but it can be used as a starting point if you see something there.
I like Mathews quite a bit more then Maclin and i am an Eagles fan. I just don't see how it is not a horrible offer looking at it closer....Maclin for Mathews and A.Jeffery,J.Blackmon,T.Richardson,N.Davis,A.Luck one of those guys will be the pick the team is a surefire top 5 pick and maybe number 1 overall.

I like Maclin as much as the next guy but this is the perfect example of giving up a guy to quick....Last year Mathews was pick 1.1 or 1.2. Most rookies get banged up its going to happen and has even happens to the GREAT ADP :bow: And on top of that Mathews is really my only RB in that dynasty (See Below "Addicts"). I don't see how throwing a top 5 2012 pick even makes sense and one those opinions above me is the tradeee :no:

Here is the all-time worst offer I have ever received. It was from a brat kid in our league (no longer there, thanks heavens) and it was a couple of years back when Warner was on his last legs and Ryan Grant was a upper-end RB and Johnson was already a great WR:

Team A will give up:

Warner, Kurt ARI QB

Bradley, Mark KCC WR

Boss, Kevin NYG TE

Team B will give up:

Grant, Ryan GBP RB

Johnson, Calvin DET WR

Our subsequent email exchange then went:

me: Sorry, that is one of the worst trade offers I have ever received!

him: I can afford to keep Johnson on my roster, and see if he and Stafford get their chemistry together. If they do Johnson will really produce. If they don't... And I offered you a WR who you would start every week, and who is contributing in present form.

me: Let me get this straight - are you actually saying that Mark Bradley is a better start (and presumably more valuable) than Calvin Johnson?

him: Maybe a better start for you. Clearly not a better start for me...

:eek:

Edited by Miro Z

I like Mathews quite a bit more then Maclin and i am an Eagles fan. I just don't see how it is not a horrible offer looking at it closer....Maclin for Mathews and A.Jeffery,J.Blackmon,T.Richardson,N.Davis,A.Luck one of those guys will be the pick the team is a surefire top 5 pick and maybe number 1 overall.
Well I did say that adding a first rounder puts it over the top (although I don't think you can say with such certainty its a top 2 pick). However my point was that they two main pieces are not far off in value (obviously opinions will vary on that), and an offer like that at least gives you a chance to negotiate.As far as "giving up on a guy too quick", I specifically said that I prefer Maclin despite the fact that I do think Matthews will bounce back from a "down" rookie year. Matthews was more the No. 1 overall pick by default (based on situation). He's a solid RB but not an elite talent and let's not forget Maclin was an early pick during his rookie drafts (I saw him go as high as 5).Your specific team situation may make it an offer that you couldn't take - but that doesn't make it a horrible offer.Like I said, I guess this just shows how differently people can value a player and why some one may think an offer is horrible when others think that it isn't.I'll help people with the process of elimination and say I'm not the offeror of this trade so those that want to guess now have a 50/50 shot. :D

I like Maclin as much as the next guy but this is the perfect example of giving up a guy to quick....Last year Mathews was pick 1.1 or 1.2. Most rookies get banged up its going to happen and has even happens to the GREAT ADP :bow: And on top of that Mathews is really my only RB in that dynasty (See Below "Addicts"). I don't see how throwing a top 5 2012 pick even makes sense and one those opinions above me is the tradeee :no:

Ehh. It's not that bad. Can't predict that next year's pick will definitely be that high, for one.And two, I didn't like Mathews that much coming in, and I do like Maclin. I would send Mathews and a 3rd for Maclin. Therefore, Maclin for Mathews and a first isn't THAT bad an offer.Hell - a guy sent me an offer about Vick and Roddy White and I countered with something involving his Charles and multiple firsts thinking "well, this is me way overvaluing my guys, but it's closer than his initial offer was, in my mind, and it'll let him know what pieces I am interested in." He accepted it, and some say he got the better end of the deal.You have to remember that people value guys differently. Hell, you should have rejected the offer you got and said - "I actually value Mathews more than Maclin, so this doesn't make a whole lot of sense for me." Perhaps the other guy wants Mathews enough that he comes back with a different offer which you view as much stronger and maybe even accept?

Ehh. It's not that bad. Can't predict that next year's pick will definitely be that high, for one.And two, I didn't like Mathews that much coming in, and I do like Maclin. I would send Mathews and a 3rd for Maclin. Therefore, Maclin for Mathews and a first isn't THAT bad an offer.Hell - a guy sent me an offer about Vick and Roddy White and I countered with something involving his Charles and multiple firsts thinking "well, this is me way overvaluing my guys, but it's closer than his initial offer was, in my mind, and it'll let him know what pieces I am interested in." He accepted it, and some say he got the better end of the deal.You have to remember that people value guys differently. Hell, you should have rejected the offer you got and said - "I actually value Mathews more than Maclin, so this doesn't make a whole lot of sense for me." Perhaps the other guy wants Mathews enough that he comes back with a different offer which you view as much stronger and maybe even accept?
Looking at the other teams yes the roster is that bad because i had gotten several offers for the pick and every deal has to include the pick. I know Maclin for Mathews isn't a bad offer that would be a preference deal on both owners end. But to add a first round pick is being greedy. He simply knows i am an Eagles fan and thought well maybe he will do it crossing his fingers and toes.

Looking at the other teams yes the roster is that bad because i had gotten several offers for the pick and every deal has to include the pick. I know Maclin for Mathews isn't a bad offer that would be a preference deal on both owners end. But to add a first round pick is being greedy. He simply knows i am an Eagles fan and thought well maybe he will do it crossing his fingers and toes.
You're right. You should blindly believe everyone is out to take advantage of you and in turn, get no deals done to improve your team while you stay mired in mediocrity and paranoia. Good plan. Don't bother responding to his offer either, he's out to get you. He knows you love Mathews and he thinks Maclin sucks, he's just trying to pull one over on you.

You're right. You should blindly believe everyone is out to take advantage of you and in turn, get no deals done to improve your team while you stay mired in mediocrity and paranoia. Good plan. Don't bother responding to his offer either, he's out to get you. He knows you love Mathews and he thinks Maclin sucks, he's just trying to pull one over on you.
I said adding a first is being Greedy.... :pokey: Glad you were able to take that in a way different direction making me out to be paranoid from one statement and yes that does happen if you know a guy likes a team or a certain player...more often than not the person will over pay for a player if they are a homer....I am not a homer. That was my point.

Got this one the other day:I give:1.03 rookie pickI get:Donald BrownDanny Amendola

I got one bettergive: 1.3, Dustin Kellerget: Chris Wellsbut later he offered just Wells for Keller straight up. And then revoked the offer...

New dynasty startup draft. 1-2-3-1 and full IDP, 0.5ppr (TE 1ppr)

Offered me

Michael Crabtree

for

Rook 1.01

Rook 1.02

Vet 11.11

Then was offended when I countered

Crabtree

Rook 1.06

for

Rook 1.02

I give

Jamaal Charles

Austin Collie

Mike Williams Sea

Hasselback

I get

Colston

McNabb

Torain

Parmele

Helu

This is the worst one I got... I play in leagues with great players and was disappointed to see this one. 16 team PPR dynasty where there is not that much talent on each team

I'm sure there's worse ones than this, but this is the one that sticks out in recent memory. Got a kick out of having to throw the pick in on my end.

Ryan Fitzpatrick for Mike Wallace/2011 3.2 rookie pick

Edited by LionsFan78

Just got this one last night, although he PM'd me this morning with the "I was drunk" disclaimer:

Get: Reggie Wayne

Give: 1.02, 1.04, Emmanuel Sanders

14 team deep rosters talent is at a premium league.

Whats wrong with this... I love Maclin
What's wrong with this is Mathews has more value than Maclin. At least he should. Unless you in a start 1 RB league that also starts 3 or more WR's that is. Mathews is a top 15-20 dynasty RB. Maclin is a top 15-20 dynasty WR. Most people are going to hold the RB in higher regard. I'm willing to bet that in about 75% or more of startup dynasty leagues this year that Mathews is drafted before Maclin. Then you add in the fact that a top 5 rookie pick is also involved and it's a very bad offer in my opinion. Granted, I say this and I would also prefer to have Maclin to Mathews. I try not to make trades with my own bias though. I try to make trades with the players current market value in mind. Edited by Go Blue

Well, at least if you're drunk and offering trades you're offering unfair ones for the other side.

Yeah, he sober'd up, we did some back and forth and I got Hillis, Bradford and an early second rounder for my 1.02, 1.04, Sanders. Good example of why not to get pissed off at ridiculous initial trade offers.

Just had this peach hit my inbox:

Give Vernon Davis, get Shaun Hill.

Granted I'm stacked at TE and could use some bench strength at QB but c'mon...

Just had this peach hit my inbox:Give Vernon Davis, get Shaun Hill. Granted I'm stacked at TE and could use some bench strength at QB but c'mon...

Lol. It sounds like a NYG44 offer.

The Lew Crew offers

Bradford, Sam STL QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.04

Carolina Hustler for

Johnson, Chris TEN RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.01

The Lew Crew offers

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.04

Carolina Hustler for

Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Not sure if it's the worst I've ever received but I couldn't hit the reject button fast enough.

Team A offers Williams, Mike TBB WR to Team B for Greene, Shonn NYJ RB; Helu, Roy WAS RB; Leshoure, Mikel DET RB; Torain, Ryan WAS RB

Here is the all-time worst offer I have ever received. It was from a brat kid in our league (no longer there, thanks heavens) and it was a couple of years back when Warner was on his last legs and Ryan Grant was a upper-end RB and Johnson was already a great WR:Team A will give up:Warner, Kurt ARI QBBradley, Mark KCC WRBoss, Kevin NYG TETeam B will give up:Grant, Ryan GBP RBJohnson, Calvin DET WROur subsequent email exchange then went:me: Sorry, that is one of the worst trade offers I have ever received!him: I can afford to keep Johnson on my roster, and see if he and Stafford get their chemistry together. If they do Johnson will really produce. If they don't... And I offered you a WR who you would start every week, and who is contributing in present form.me: Let me get this straight - are you actually saying that Mark Bradley is a better start (and presumably more valuable) than Calvin Johnson?him: Maybe a better start for you. Clearly not a better start for me... :eek:

The worst part is not the offer here, but how he actually tried to rationalize it

Give: M.Leshore,T.Moeake Get: T.Young,J.Nelson

This is the second time that you've posted the "worst trade you have been offered in dynasty" that didn't seem too bad. In fact this one seems like something that some one would at least need to consider and I'd imagine there would be many owners that would have accepted it.I don't mean this post as a knock on you, it just goes to show that people really value players differently so it's silly to get "insulted" by a poor offer. I mean some of the offers in this thread are downright hysertical, but there have been more than a few that are at least good starting points for discussion.What is it about this offer that screams "terrible" to you? I would likely have turned it down, as well, but a strong argument can be made that Jordy Nelson is the most valuable player in the deal. I'm just not seeing a "bad" offer here, let alone a "worst" offer.

a strong argument can be made that Jordy Nelson is the most valuable player in the deal.

I disagree..Nelson flashed some good games, but he's a complimentary WR, and will never be a top 20 guy. Nothing spectacular about Jordy, injuries to other key players on the team could make him a nice start from time to time. And he'll likely have a few good games otherwise, but he's never going to be more than a WR3 in FF.. at best.Leshoure on the other hand is a top 5 rookie pick, and arguably top 2 rookie RB (some may prefer him to Williams)..No one would give you a top 5 rookie pick for Jordy..

a strong argument can be made that Jordy Nelson is the most valuable player in the deal.

I disagree..Nelson flashed some good games, but he's a complimentary WR, and will never be a top 20 guy. Nothing spectacular about Jordy, injuries to other key players on the team could make him a nice start from time to time. And he'll likely have a few good games otherwise, but he's never going to be more than a WR3 in FF.. at best.Leshoure on the other hand is a top 5 rookie pick, and arguably top 2 rookie RB (some may prefer him to Williams)..No one would give you a top 5 rookie pick for Jordy..
LeShoure didn't go in the top 5 of any of the three rookie drafts that I was a part of (1.6, 1.6 and 1.8). I agree with you that LeShoure is more valuable, which is why I said I'd decline the deal, but it is at least arguable that Nelson has the most value of the 4 players (and it isn't an irrational argument). I guess I could have made that clearer in my initial post.Bottom line though is that the offer wasn't really a bad offer.

LeShoure didn't go in the top 5 of any of the three rookie drafts that I was a part of (1.6, 1.6 and 1.8). I agree with you that LeShoure is more valuable, which is why I said I'd decline the deal, but it is at least arguable that Nelson has the most value of the 4 players (and it isn't an irrational argument). I guess I could have made that clearer in my initial post.Bottom line though is that the offer wasn't really a bad offer.
Yea, guess you're right. Leshoure typically goes #6 behind AJ, Julio, Williams, Little, ThomasI've never seen him go later than 6, but I've seen him go earlier, ahead of Thomas and Little in non-ppr.My point though, is that you probably couldn't get a first round pick for Nelson.

WardLynchColston2012 4th round pickDez BryantMontario HardestyRobert MeachemThis isn't that bad a deal in and of itself, but it came after he offered the same thing sans 4th round pick, and then got this reply from me:

Not at this point. That offer's not close for Dez. Ward is barely a WR3, IMO, especially with a recent DUI and Emmanuel Sanders there. Lynch is a nice RB, but he'd be my RB5, so his value to me isn't exactly high.A much better RB that I could flip to someone else for a WR in addition to Colston could be done I guess...I kind of can't believe you included Meachem at all.What I told another suitor (who agrees and is still working with me...so clock may/may not be ticking) is this:Dez is easily top 8 to me, and might be a top 5 guy for me with the Johnsons, Nicks, and Fitz. Unfortunately, I don't need a stud WR because I have too much WR risk right now based on the health of my other guys and lack of depth. So I'm gonna break my cardinal rule of keeping studs at all costs and trade them for good depth. That means a top 12 guy and a top 20 guy, aka a WR1 and a WR2 - or a really strong RB.

Did he just ignore the reply?

one guy offered me to trade team names with him in exchange for tom brady jamal charles roger craigs memory and three packs of asperagus

ok not really no one has made that trade offer to me

I guess about the worst things i get are like all of a teams bench players for a stud on my team

That's the worst trade you've ever been offered?

That's the worst trade you've ever been offered?
Seriously. I'd take Young and Nelson.
No it wasn't the worse trade but it was the latest one i had....And please join my leagues if you would take that deal. Right now Young is going 3rd round at the earliest in the leagues i am in and Nelson went 3.4 in my latest dynasty rookie draft and LeShoure went 1.4.....Im pretty sure that is selling low and on top of that throwing in Moeaki...i like his potential a lot.

Day after Chris Henry died:I give: Andre JohnsonI get: Chris Henry, Pick 1.01What a bastard that guy was

I thought he died during the season. How was the draft pick determined at that time?

Day after Chris Henry died:I give: Andre JohnsonI get: Chris Henry, Pick 1.01What a bastard that guy was

I thought he died during the season. How was the draft pick determined at that time?
he meant the next year because it was pretty obvious his team was crap. it wasn't set but the 1.01 was eventually what it was

Got this one last night, I thought it was pretty bad

N gave up:

Ivory, Christopher NOS RB

Lloyd, Brandon DEN WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from N

Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from N

B gave up:

Hardesty, Montario CLE RB

Armstrong, Anthony WAS WR

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR

Knox, Johnny CHI WR

Got this one last night, I thought it was pretty badN gave up:Ivory, Christopher NOS RBLloyd, Brandon DEN WRMoss, Santana WAS WRYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from NYear 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from NB gave up:Hardesty, Montario CLE RBArmstrong, Anthony WAS WRBowe, Dwayne KCC WRCotchery, Jerricho NYJ WRKnox, Johnny CHI WR

I'm interested in Lloyd for the right price in any league where I'm contending. Seems like Lloyd owners think he's top ten value based on last years stats though. I can't get him for a fair price.

Got this one last night, I thought it was pretty badN gave up:Ivory, Christopher NOS RBLloyd, Brandon DEN WRMoss, Santana WAS WRYear 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from NYear 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from NB gave up:Hardesty, Montario CLE RBArmstrong, Anthony WAS WRBowe, Dwayne KCC WRCotchery, Jerricho NYJ WRKnox, Johnny CHI WR

I'm interested in Lloyd for the right price in any league where I'm contending. Seems like Lloyd owners think he's top ten value based on last years stats though. I can't get him for a fair price.
Wasn't Bowe nearly as productive with less question marks going into next season? I don't appear to be upgrading anywhere in this deal...Bowe >>> LloydHardesty >> Ivory (likely bench warmer)Knox >> S. Moss (based off age I see it this way, at the least they are even)Armstrong & Cotchery = 2 & 4 Maybe it isn't as bad as I 1st thought, but Bowe is by far best player in this deal, and I'm not sure I'd do the deal if he was removed from the equation. Hardesty could be the 2nd best player- maybe even with Lloyd. Knox isn't far away from them in his 3rd year out of a small school- he should only get betterI have Lloyd in another league, and i doubt I could get top 20 value for him if I sold him. Edited by loose circuits

Not sure if it's the worst I've ever received but I couldn't hit the reject button fast enough.Team A offers Williams, Mike TBB WR to Team B for Greene, Shonn NYJ RB; Helu, Roy WAS RB; Leshoure, Mikel DET RB; Torain, Ryan WAS RB

very even deal. Not sure which side you are on.

Wasn't Bowe nearly as productive with less question marks going into next season? I don't appear to be upgrading anywhere in this deal...Bowe >>> LloydHardesty >> Ivory (likely bench warmer)Knox >> S. Moss (based off age I see it this way, at the least they are even)Armstrong & Cotchery = 2 & 4 Maybe it isn't as bad as I 1st thought, but Bowe is by far best player in this deal, and I'm not sure I'd do the deal if he was removed from the equation. Hardesty could be the 2nd best player- maybe even with Lloyd. Knox isn't far away from them in his 3rd year out of a small school- he should only get betterI have Lloyd in another league, and i doubt I could get top 20 value for him if I sold him.
I agree with you, I guess my point was, that Lloyd owners are asking for too much, your trade offer here was just another example of that..This guy thinks Lloyd is top 10 value I guess..