What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (4 Viewers)

Last Sept, I was offered Kaepernick for Jimmy Graham.

I would NEVER consider that even IF I didn't have Aaron Rodgers on that team. I will not even listen to anything that owner has to say anymore.
That's certainly your prerogative, though completely ignoring an owner only cuts an already small trading pool down even smaller still.
Yes, it does. But anyone who would offer me that trade obviously is a fool (or takes me for one) and I have no time for either case.
One guy offered me his A.J. Green for my Nick Foles, Michael Floyd, Jordan Reed, the 1.03, and three 2015 first round draft picks (two likely high) after I'd told him a half-dozen times over three years that I don't think A.J. Green is worth four first round draft picks alone.

I've also traded more with him than any other owner in that league over the years. He gives crap offers, but he's extremely active, and just out of the sheer volume of offers we've sent back and forth we've managed to find a surprising number that worked for both sides.
Same goes for the trades I've posted here from one person. It's tough to get fair value but occasionally it works out.

$150 salary cap league and I own Cordarrelle Patterson ($9).

I was offered a 2nd round pick or Sam Bradford ($1) for Patterson.

I got this right before the season and forgot about it until I was looking through my transaction list last night for waivers.

I give Demaryius Thomas and 2 first round picks in 2015. One is from a team that is 0 - 2 and has the second fewest points scored in the league, and the other is mine and I am 0 - 2 but am the 4th highest scoring team in the league and have had a little bad luck

I get Lesean McCoy

This isn't probably the worst trade, but it is extremely lopsided and the owner wouldn't negotiate at all.

I just offered Dez Bryant and Reggie Bush in a full PPR league for Le'Veon Bell and Brandin Cooks. He countered back with Arian Foster and Jared Cook for my Dez Bryant and Reggie Bush. Since Bush and Foster are about equal as far as dynasty value goes, he wants Dez Bryant for Jared Cook.

We have a new owner in my dynasty league. Here's how you can tell he's new:

Silver and Gold gives up:
Hester, Devin ATL WR
Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Circle Jerks gives up:
Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR
Witten, Jason DAL TE
I guess he's trying the "buy low" tactic in trying to pry away Thomas from me. Oooo it's tempting. Hester is really, really good.

Should I do it? ;)

I just offered Dez Bryant and Reggie Bush in a full PPR league for Le'Veon Bell and Brandin Cooks. He countered back with Arian Foster and Jared Cook for my Dez Bryant and Reggie Bush. Since Bush and Foster are about equal as far as dynasty value goes, he wants Dez Bryant for Jared Cook.
Bush and foster are nowhere near equal

I give: Jimmy Graham

He gives: Greg Olsen, 2015 first (mid-to-late)

TE Premium. Devy league, with the top 10 or so college prospects already rostered.

B. Pierce for a 1st rounder.

that was this week. my team is 0-4 and in a rebuild, pretty much going to be 1st or 2nd overall.

so pierce for Gurley straight up.

Matty2D said:
Bucky86 said:
This came in just now.

I give:

Carlos Hyde

Odell Beckham Jr.

Latavius Murray

I get:

Shane Vereen

Cecil Shorts

Roddy White

My response, "Was this a joke?"
If that's the worst you've been offered, you are pretty lucky.
Agreed. I wouldn't accept it, but its not horrible at all.

Like this one I got yesterday:

I give: Watkins, Ertz (its a 1.5 PPR for TEs)

I get: Andre J, Grice, Clay and a 2015 2nd

I had been offering this guy Watkins and a 2015 1st (projected anywhere from 4-8 most likely) for Antonio Brown and this was his counter....lol

Bucky86 said:
This came in just now.

I give:

Carlos Hyde

Odell Beckham Jr.

Latavius Murray

I get:

Shane Vereen

Cecil Shorts

Roddy White

My response, "Was this a joke?"
That's not that bad of an offer.

I give: Jimmy Graham

He gives: Greg Olsen, 2015 first (mid-to-late)

TE Premium. Devy league, with the top 10 or so college prospects already rostered.
How much value does the 2015 first have in such a League..

It would appear that if a few players get it together in their Senior Season, as opposed to getting rolled over, that a 1st can have the potential for tremendous value?

Is it just the TE's being drafted early or are their College RB's in their freshman yr being drafted?

This is a 16-team dyno, QRWWTFF DD (it is IDP, but barely and only 2 spots, very little value).

Got this gem first:

T.J. Ward (DB - DEN)

Carson Palmer (QB - ARI)

Dwayne Allen (TE - IND)

-for my-

DeMarco Murray (RB - DAL)

Teddy Bridgewater (QB - MIN)

His note: This would solve your quandary at QB. Locker might soon be replaced, if he starts slow. You also get your third good DF and Luck's favorite TE. I get Murray (a good player) and potential in Teddy.

Rejected with a nice "No thank you". Received this "better" offer from him.

Carson Palmer (QB - ARI)
Jermaine Kearse (WR - SEA)

Chris Borland (LB - SF)

-for my-

DeMarco Murray (RB - DAL)Teddy Bridgewater (QB - MIN)
Cody Latimer (WR - DEN)

His note: You might actually like this one better? You still get Palmer and Borland, which solve two compelling problems. I get Murray and Bridgewater. If you look at the 2014 projections, I think you'll see the benefit.
Whatever the opposite is of selling ice to an eskimo, this guy could do it.

I'm wondering about the parenthetical note that DeMarco Murray is in fact a "good player." Do you think in his brilliant, strategical mind, he was trying to appear reasonably by at least acknowledging that Murray was a "good player" or do you think that he was playing a psychological game, putting the thought in your head that Murray was only a "good" player?

And yes I'm aware this is from August, but these are hilarious.

I was offered Sproles and Edelman for Calvin Johnson earlier this week. What makes it worse is we're transitioning from a keep 6 league to a contract based league where we will have an auction for FAs going forward. As part of the transition, every team got to give out free contracts to 6 players, maximum 4 years. I gave Calvin a 4-year deal and Sproles and Edelman have no contracts. So I'd be trading four years of Calvin Johnson for free in exchange for two players who would be on my bench this year and off my roster next...

This thread should now be titled "List Trade Offers You've Recently Rejected (and over-reacted to how bad they were)"
Or maybe just start a new thread called The Offical List Trade Offers You've Recently Rejected (and over-reacted to how bad they were). That would be a sweet read

Was offered Terrance West and Markus Wheaton

for

Sankey and Allen Robinson
That can't be the worst you've been offered.
totally doesnt belong in this thread. Frankly, I wouldnt even bat an eye at that trade if it was accepted.
:no: Frankly, West could be better than Sankey AND Wheaton could be better than Robinson.
You guys are crazy. Ignoring the fact that I chose Robinson at 1.12 before West and traded for Sankey at a 1st round price, no one has Wheaton ranked higher than Robinson or West higher than Sankey.

cstu said:

for

totally doesnt belong in this thread. Frankly, I wouldnt even bat an eye at that trade if it was accepted.
:no: Frankly, West could be better than Sankey AND Wheaton could be better than Robinson.
You guys are crazy. Ignoring the fact that I chose Robinson at 1.12 before West and traded for Sankey at a 1st round price, no one has Wheaton ranked higher than Robinson or West higher than Sankey.
Where you drafted them means nothing. Benjamin went in the second round of rookie drafts. I bet there isn't a rookie that people would draft before him now.

cstu said:

for

Yes,people do. Does not belong in this thread

cstu said:

for

Nobody would have either the WRs or RBs far apart in their rankings. They're in the same tier. Pretty good first offer.

I offered this to an owner:

Cam Newton and a 2015 3rd round pick (my team 5-0)

for

Arian Foster and a 2015 2nd round pick (his team is 1-4)

and was told it was a ridicilous trade offer and that he didn't know a single owner who would ever even accept Cam Newton straight up for Arian Foster in dynasty.

Notable players on his team are Alshon Jeffery, Tom Brady, Johnny Manziel, Andre Ellington, Mauirce Jones-Drew, Shonn Greene, Odell Beckham, Anquan Boldin, Cecil Shorts, Eddie Royal, Riley Cooper, Wes Welker, Larry Donnell, Jared Cook, and Brandon Myers.

I was taken a back a little because I offered what I thought was a very good trade considering the current state of his team (one of the worst three in the league). I'm not one to criticize another owner for rejecting a trade (plenty of people who aren't a fan of Cam Newton), I'm just irrated that I was told this trade offer was "ridicilous". Figured this thread is as good as any to complain about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

for

and was told it was a ridicilous trade offer and that he didn't know a single owner who would ever even accept Cam Newton straight up for Arian Foster in dynasty.

Notable players on his team are Alshon Jeffery, Tom Brady, Johnny Manziel, Andre Ellington, Mauirce Jones-Drew, Shonn Greene, Odell Beckham, Anquan Boldin, Cecil Shorts, Eddie Royal, Riley Cooper, Wes Welker, Larry Donnell, Jared Cook, and Brandon Myers.

I was taken a back a little because I offered what I thought was a very good trade considering the current state of his team (one of the worst three in the league). I'm not one to criticize another owner for rejecting a trade (plenty of people who aren't a fan of Cam Newton), I'm just irrated that I was told this trade offer was "ridicilous". Figured this thread is as good as any to complain about it.
Very few people would trade a good rb for a qb, except luck. I happen to like cam and not foster but still wouldn't do it.

for

Very few people would trade a good rb for a qb, except luck. I happen to like cam and not foster but still wouldn't do it.
I agree with this in a start 1 qb league. If I am rebuilding I am trading Foster, but I want the higher pick and a player.

Two gems that showed up this AM

I get Tim Wright

He gets

2015 1 (top 3)

I get Kaepernick and Steve Smith

He gets

Cutler and Marshall

ANGR trades Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR to -3PO

ANGR trades Lavonte David, TB LB to -3PO

ANGR trades Latavius Murray, Oak RB to -3PO

ANGR trades Carlos Hyde, SF RB to -3PO

ANGR trades Jerick McKinnon, Min RB to -3PO

-3PO trades Shane Vereen, NE RB to ANGR

-3PO trades Alec Ogletree, StL LB to ANGR

-3PO trades Adrian Peterson, Min RB to ANGR

-3PO trades Cecil Shorts III, Jac WR to ANGR

-3PO trades Roddy White, Atl WR to ANGR

-3PO trades Storm Johnson, Jac RB to ANGR
all I see is an angry robot.

Ok, it's time to right this ship with a genuinely awful trade.

Recent trade in my dynasty league:

• TEAM A gave up Rainey, Bobby TBB RB
• TEAM B gave up Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Users who are viewing this thread