What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

Worst one this year so far:

I send

McCoy

Allen Robinson

Cordarelle Patterson

I recieve

Vareen

Ladarious Green

2nd this year

2nd in 2016

With a comment let's be honest McCoy is old for RB standards, Allen Robinson is unproven and Patterson sucks.

I send

McCoy

Allen Robinson

Cordarelle Patterson

I recieve

Vareen

Ladarious Green

2nd this year

2nd in 2016

With a comment let's be honest McCoy is old for RB standards, Allen Robinson is unproven and Patterson sucks.
The offer itself isn't in the "worst ever" department, but the comment puts the sender in the "I'm a D-bag" department. McCoy is old, Robinson unproven and Patterson sucks, yet you are trying to acquire them. Speaking of unproven, Hi Ladarious Green.

I send

McCoy

Allen Robinson

Cordarelle Patterson

I recieve

Vareen

Ladarious Green

2nd this year

2nd in 2016

The offer itself isn't in the "worst ever" department, but the comment puts the sender in the "I'm a D-bag" department. McCoy is old, Robinson unproven and Patterson sucks, yet you are trying to acquire them. Speaking of unproven, Hi Ladarious Green.
I've recieved way worse, but for purposes of following along in here more, any bad one worthy enough to post in here I will!

Those 2nd's sure are unproven too!

The comments are always the best part. Here all all the reasons your guys suck. Trade them to me.
Comments can be helpful, perhaps if you're fielding a question, finding out if someone is rebuilding or going for it, etc, but when you lace the offer to acquire players with all the reasons they are terrible, you can't possibly have any credibility. I've yet to see a team owner whose mission statement is to improve all other teams in the league at the expense of his/her own.

This could surpass my worst. Pretty frigging bad.

This same owner traded Antonio Brown for 1.6 and 1.7. Then turned the picks into Yeldon and Maxx Williams (not TE premium).

Monkeys with Crayons will give

Sankey, Bishop TEN RB

Jones, Marvin CIN WR

Woods, Robert BUF WR

To DWs Dastardly D-Bags for

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Comments: Thoughts?
I'd love to know what the reply to "Thoughts?" was. :lol:

This same owner traded Antonio Brown for 1.6 and 1.7. Then turned the picks into Yeldon and Maxx Williams (not TE premium).

Sankey, Bishop TEN RB

Jones, Marvin CIN WR

Woods, Robert BUF WR

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

My thoughts are that I can't wait to post this offer in the "What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?" thread over at FBGs.

Sankey, Bishop TEN RB

Jones, Marvin CIN WR

Woods, Robert BUF WR

Johnson, Duke CLE RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Ask and ye shall receive:

Not remotely in the ball park

Sent from my iPhone

Ok, I sent this offer to Lacy/Blount/Gaffney owner-

Dion Lewis, Crockett, and a 5th for Lorenzo Taliaferro ( I own buck) Thinking Crockett could be the future cuff of Lacy and Lewis is in the mix for touches in New England (more positive reports about him then Gaffney.

His counter- Tali for Duke Johnson

I then responded that he must be Tali's brother or mother to think he's worth that much

Gottabesweet said:

I send

McCoy

Allen Robinson

Cordarelle Patterson

I recieve

Vareen

Ladarious Green

2nd this year

2nd in 2016

The comment makes it an instant qualifier.

loose circuits said:
Rockchild said:
Matt Jones, RB, WASH & Sammie Coates, WR, PITT

for

Jordy Nelson, WR, GB
in 2 years people may not understand why this is in this thread, but that's a long way away
Maybe but at this time it is a bad offer.
It could also look just as bad in two years when Jordy is still only 32 and Jones and Coates have failed to climb a depth chart or are washed out of the league.

ETA: and right now it's a terrible offer as it's akin to offering the 3.02 and 3.5 for Jordy Nelson.

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy offered me Arian Foster for Julio plus a 3rd or 4th round pick. 16t Ppr.

Offer was just sent, so not even before the injury. Head scratcher.

Not a true "Dynasty" league (we keep 3-7) 14 teams, but this is bad.

Was offered

Drew Brees

Jonathan Stewart

pick 10.13

FOR

Russell Wilson

Adrian Peterson

pick 20.10

The comments are always the best part. Here all all the reasons your guys suck. Trade them to me.
Comments can be helpful, perhaps if you're fielding a question, finding out if someone is rebuilding or going for it, etc, but when you lace the offer to acquire players with all the reasons they are terrible, you can't possibly have any credibility. I've yet to see a team owner whose mission statement is to improve all other teams in the league at the expense of his/her own.
I normally will outline in a trade why I think they may want to go with a safer option.

Example this year would be Knile Davis (I have not offered a trade):

Knile Davis for Andre Ellington

*Davis may be good when he gets the chance to play but is buried behind Charles for the next two years

This could also be the same for any position as well, the only reason I would see calling out that someone sucks is if they truely are a throw-in player to make salaries work and you plan on pretty much cutting them so in theory you dont care if they are included in the trade.

Just got this gem about 2 hours after Benjamin got hurt.

I give Kelvin Benjamin

I get a 2016 3rd

Notes: I know we talked about a trade involving Benjamin a couple months ago and I said he was worth a 2nd, now that he is hurt I think he is worth a 4th, but I am willing to gamble.

Just got this gem about 2 hours after Benjamin got hurt.

I give Kelvin Benjamin

I get a 2016 3rd

Notes: I know we talked about a trade involving Benjamin a couple months ago and I said he was worth a 2nd, now that he is hurt I think he is worth a 4th, but I am willing to gamble.
huh??

Got offered:

Kevin White

2016 2nd

for

Randall Cobb

Devante Parker

(3) 2016 1st rounders.

I replied back that I wouldn't trade any of those things for Kevin White, let alone all of them.

Got offered:

Kevin White

2016 2nd

for

Randall Cobb

Devante Parker

(3) 2016 1st rounders.

I replied back that I wouldn't trade any of those things for Kevin White, let alone all of them.
I would give a projected late 2016 1st.........................but wow, that is a really putrid offer.

That would be a putrid offer if White had 300 yards and 4 TDs in week 1 and then he offered it. I am guessing that won't happen.

I send

McCoy

Allen Robinson

Cordarelle Patterson

I recieve

Vareen

Ladarious Green

2nd this year

2nd in 2016

:lmao:

Look at all of the proven assets he's giving you.

The comments really are the delicious frosting on a lot of these.

I could offer up a 2017 4th rounder for Aaron Rodgers, but it's not as bad as if I offer up Rivers for ROdgers with a comment like "Rivers extended, who knows what happens with ROdgers when his contract is up"

Not the worst, but still shook my head.

I offered:

Mike Evans and Doug Baldwin or Percy Harvin

for

1.1, John Brown, Victor Cruz

His reply:

Holding on to the 1.1

Brown, Cruz, Turbin

for

Evans, Ivory

Ok, I sent this offer to Lacy/Blount/Gaffney owner-

Dion Lewis, Crockett, and a 5th for Lorenzo Taliaferro ( I own buck) Thinking Crockett could be the future cuff of Lacy and Lewis is in the mix for touches in New England (more positive reports about him then Gaffney.

His counter- Tali for Duke Johnson

I then responded that he must be Tali's brother or mother to think he's worth that much
I know this was posted in June, but I'm not sure Taliaferro isn't worth more than Duke Johnson.

Wasn't a standalone offer, but a guy's been trying to get me to trade my Mike Evans for his Demaryius Thomas all offseason, and I've been declining all offseason. So he just came to me with an offer of Demaryius Thomas + Derek Carr for Mike Evans + the 1.09.

Which means he thinks Derek Carr is worth more than the 1.09 pick. In a 10-team, start 1 QB league.

I offered:

for

His reply:

Holding on to the 1.1

Brown, Cruz, Turbin

for

Evans, Ivory
While his offer is bad, your trade offer wasn't much better.
Evans/Baldwin or Evans/Harvin for 1.01, Brown, and Cruz is a fine offer. Even the most optimistic Gurley/Cooper fan should recognize that Evans is easily the most valuable piece in that trade.

I offered:

for

His reply:

Holding on to the 1.1

Brown, Cruz, Turbin

for

Evans, Ivory
Evans/Baldwin or Evans/Harvin for 1.01, Brown, and Cruz is a fine offer. Even the most optimistic Gurley/Cooper fan should recognize that Evans is easily the most valuable piece in that trade.
Baldwin and Harvin have next to zero value for me...does nothing to make this trade better. John Brown is a candidate to break out this year enter the top 30 at WR. Cruz is a lottery ticket...but similar value to Baldwin and Harvin right now.

I would take the 1.01 for Evens every day of the week....throw in Brown and it is a no brainer.

After breaking it down, I think Evens for 1.01 would be fair....but not with Brown.

I offered:

for

His reply:

Holding on to the 1.1

Brown, Cruz, Turbin

for

Evans, Ivory
If you really believe that, why did you offer it?

I offered:

for

His reply:

Holding on to the 1.1

Brown, Cruz, Turbin

for

Evans, Ivory
If you really believe that, why did you offer it?
He didn't.

I offered:

for

His reply:

Holding on to the 1.1

Brown, Cruz, Turbin

for

Evans, Ivory
Baldwin and Harvin have next to zero value for me...does nothing to make this trade better. John Brown is a candidate to break out this year enter the top 30 at WR. Cruz is a lottery ticket...but similar value to Baldwin and Harvin right now.

I would take the 1.01 for Evens every day of the week....throw in Brown and it is a no brainer.

After breaking it down, I think Evens for 1.01 would be fair....but not with Brown.
So...do you not consider Evans a top 10-15 dynasty player, or do you already consider Cooper/Gurley to be top 15?

Evans is ranked top 10 by a lot of people, and at worst top 20. Also, he was a top 2 pick in just about every rookie draft last year (it's not like he was a late round flier who came from nowhere).

You're saying that a top 2 player from last year, who has proven himself, isn't worth more than a top 2 player this year, who isn't proven?

I offered:

for

His reply:

Holding on to the 1.1

Brown, Cruz, Turbin

for

Evans, Ivory

So...do you not consider Evans a top 10-15 dynasty player, or do you already consider Cooper/Gurley to be top 15?

Evans is ranked top 10 by a lot of people, and at worst top 20. Also, he was a top 2 pick in just about every rookie draft last year (it's not like he was a late round flier who came from nowhere).

You're saying that a top 2 player from last year, who has proven himself, isn't worth more than a top 2 player this year, who isn't proven?
You are right that I'm undervaluing Evans. You have opened my eyes to some blinders that I have been wearing. Evens is a top 10 player.

I would put Gurley in the top 15 right now though....but it's an unproven ranking at this point. The RB position is very thin for young dynasty plays. The WR position is deeper. I would still make this trade...when you get a chance to possibly get the top RB for the next 3-5 years, I think you have to take it. I know Evens could be a top WR for the next 7-10 years or more, but it is easier to build a WR core imo.

HairySasquatch said:
Jrodicus said:
HairySasquatch said:
Adam Harstad said:

I offered:

for

His reply:

Holding on to the 1.1

Brown, Cruz, Turbin

for

Evans, Ivory

You are right that I'm undervaluing Evans. You have opened my eyes to some blinders that I have been wearing. Evens is a top 10 player.

I would put Gurley in the top 15 right now though....but it's an unproven ranking at this point. The RB position is very thin for young dynasty plays. The WR position is deeper. I would still make this trade...when you get a chance to possibly get the top RB for the next 3-5 years, I think you have to take it. I know Evens could be a top WR for the next 7-10 years or more, but it is easier to build a WR core imo.
There aren't many young stud RBs, you are correct. Part of that is because of the turn over. Keep in mind Martin and TRich were top dynasty players not that long ago.

Sure, it's possible that Gurley could be more valuable this time next year, but is it more likely? Meh, we'll see.

This one is pretty bad...

12 Team Zealots standard scoring start 3-4 WR

Team A gives 2016, 3rd, 4th & 5th

Team B gives R.Cobb & M.Evans

ETA: I rejected it and he immediately countered with the same offer minus the 5th rd pick :wall:

i'm sure offers like these have been posted before, but i'll never understand

• Team A - offers Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick
  • Team B - for Year 2015 Draft Pick 2.08
  • Expires: Fri Sep 4 3:00:00 p.m. ET 2015
2015 is the start-up draft

Just venting but I've had the absolute worst time finding trades this offseason. The only offers I get are straight up trade-rape and any reasonable offer I send is rejected without counter with the message, "I'm really high on player x so you would have to massively overpay to get him" when the original offer was either at or just above Shark Pool market value. It's frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread