What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

I will let you guys be the judge, if you all say it isn't that bad I will delete. I am rebuilding this team and tore it completely down. I have acquired a lot of picks for next year, so I put some of the picks and a couple of my young receivers on the block to get a young quarterback and tight end to build around.

I give Davante Adams and my 2016 first round pick. Almost a lock to be 1.1 and at worst 1.3

I get D. Carr and Julius Thomas

Standard 1 qb scoring league 4 point passing touchdowns

The better question might be why are you looking for a QB to build around? Assuming 12 team start 1 QB league that is.

Pretty bad offer though

In QB heavy scoring dynasty league:

I give Andrew Luck

I get Kirk Cousins, Robert Woods, and rookie pick in the 14-16 range.

In QB heavy scoring dynasty league:

I give Andrew Luck

I get Kirk Cousins, Robert Woods, and rookie pick in the 14-16 range.
This has potential to win a prize here, depending on what the guy said to you to try to get you to take it. Pins and needles waiting for that over here. PLease tell me there was something :excited:

Not the worst trade I've ever been offered but it was very lopsided in the offering party's favor value-wise. Not only that but it didn't make sense based on team makeup. My team was 1-8 and in the 1st year of a rebuild, so no real chance of contending this year or probably even next.

It was something like my Dion Lewis (pre ACL tear), 2016 1st (top 3 almost guaranteed, likely 1.01), and 2017 1st for Calvin. I let the offer sit through the weekend and when the new of Lewis' ACL tear came across the wire the guy pulled the offer. Lol

I realize this is a dynasty thread, but I just got the worst redraft offer that I've ever received and felt it had to be shared...

I give: Todd Gurley, TY Hilton, and Carson Palmer

I get: Nate Washington, Jamison Crowder, Matt Ryan, and Chris Johnson.

I realize this is a dynasty thread, but I just got the worst redraft offer that I've ever received and felt it had to be shared...

4 > 3. Duh?

Low Expectations gets

Blake Bortles QB JAC (rank: 10-14)

Demaryius Thomas WR DEN (rank: 13-43)

Chris Ivory RB NYJ (rank: 6-66)

2016 1st round pick #4 4th overall

Banana Hammers gets

Rishard Matthews WR MIA (rank: 26-77)

Jeremy Langford RB CHI (rank: 56-416)

Aaron Rodgers QB GB (rank: 5-7)

Devin Smith WR NYJ (rank: 146

Rank 2015

#146 WR

#996 Overall

-996)

Khiry Robinson RB NO (rank: 42-248)

2016 3rd round pick #10 34th overall

2016 5th round pick #10 58th overall

2016 4th round pick #10 46th overall

Got this one the other night. I think he was drunk

Worst I was ever offered, a couple weeks ago. He gives Albert Wilson, Doug Baldwin, and Bishop Sankey. I give Dez Bryant.

4 > 3. Duh?
To the proposer's credit, he apparently found some other idiot in the league to take Washington and Crowder for Allen Robinson. 2 >1. It works sometimes, I guess.

Right after Keenan Allen was placed on ir I was offered Allen and Andre Johnson for amari cooper. Given the timing it was pretty humorous
That definitely doesnt belong in this thread. Cooper isnt exactly scoring in bunches and i might take allen over cooper in dynasty next year.
Thread police on it. Oh no. Should I delete the post?
You may as well post it in the Browns thread, would be just about as relevant there as here.

Some guy offered me Bell for AJ Green. The nerve of some people.
Not quite, but thanks for your input
I agree with you... it is a bad offer. Some might prefer Allen over Cooper but I think they are few and far in between. Add in the injury - after all a big part of the value is in the present - and this is thread worthy.
I don't think it's that bad, but people hurt their chances on deals like these by trying to include their washed up player in the package (in this case Andre Johnson). It smacks of a desperate attempt to squeeze the last little bit of value out of a player on his last legs, and they think you're the person who will take the bait. Nobody wants those kind of players in dynasty. Offer a 2nd instead and the deal looks a lot more fair.

Just got consecutive offers in my dynasty keeper cap league -- their DeAngelo Williams for my Dez. I gave a polite no thank you, at which point they re-offered DWill for Stefon Diggs.

Just got consecutive offers in my dynasty keeper cap league -- their DeAngelo Williams for my Dez. I gave a polite no thank you, at which point they re-offered DWill for Stefon Diggs.
Does not belong in this thread.
It's a far worse off than many that have been posted so far. Are you saying you would trade a first round start up value like Dez for a 31 year old RB - that's playing very well right now but will go back to being a backup next year?

Some one looking to move Williams has to set his sights much lower. Maybe if he just posted the Diggs offer you could make that claim, but even then it would still at least qualify as a bad offer

I just received this one today, it is so bad it made me mad.

Team A proposed a trade with Team B

Team A will give:

Manning, Peyton, DEN, QB

Team B will give:

Romo, Tony, DAL, QB

West, Charcandrick, KCC, RB

It's a far worse off than many that have been posted so far. Are you saying you would trade a first round start up value like Dez for a 31 year old RB - that's playing very well right now but will go back to being a backup next year?

Some one looking to move Williams has to set his sights much lower. Maybe if he just posted the Diggs offer you could make that claim, but even then it would still at least qualify as a bad offer
This is the type of problem I have with this thread.

If the team being offered DWill was in "win now" mode and was very deep at WR (and depending on how many WRs they start) - then it's not unreasonable at all. DWill will make many teams into Champions this season. He is arguably a solid RB1 the rest of the way (his last start being the outlier, imho) that most people either had stashed or snagged off the waiver wire. Will he go back to being a backup next year? Absolutely. But the check still cashes and championship banners fly forever.

Frankly, I love playing in dynasty leagues with owners who will sell this year's title to try to assure they're in position to win one next year. The goal is to win. Now, if possible. Next year aint guaranteed to anyone. Just ask any of the owners who drafted/own L. Bell, J. Charles, A. Foster, S. Smiff, K. Allen, etc.

Many of these "horrible" trades only look bad in a vacuum. Often the complainers posting don't list rosters, starting lineups, standings, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

If the team being offered DWill was in "win now" mode and was very deep at WR (and depending on how many WRs they start) - then it's not unreasonable at all. DWill will make many teams into Champions this season. He is arguably a solid RB1 the rest of the way (his last start being the outlier, imho) that most people either had stashed or snagged off the waiver wire. Will he go back to being a backup next year? Absolutely. But the check still cashes and championship banners fly forever.

Frankly, I love playing in dynasty leagues with owners who will sell this year's title to try to assure they're in position to win one next year. The goal is to win. Now, if possible. Next year aint guaranteed to anyone. Just ask any of the owners who drafted/own L. Bell, J. Charles, A. Foster, S. Smiff, K. Allen, etc.

Many of these "horrible" trades only look bad in a vacuum. Often the complainers posting don't list rosters, starting lineups, standings, etc.
First my post is just in response to the person who claimed the offer doesn't belong in this thread. However we're not talking about some guy not wanting to give up a prospect like Dorial Greene Beckham or even say Sammy Watkins for a chance to win now. We're talking about a guy with waaaayyyyy more dynasty value than Williams in Dez, who can also help you win now.

There's really no scenario where trading Dez for D'Angelo Williams is a good deal. For one thing just like "Next year aint guaranteed to anyone", a title this year isn't guaranteed to anyone either, even with DWilliams. Williams could slow down or get injured and then what? You didn't win your title this year and you killed your chances for next year as well. And even if Williams plays well down the stretch, he doesn't guarantee a title.

The bottom line is it shouldn't take a Dez to get a DWilliams, you can get a RB that would be just as much help now plus offer future value for a WR like Dez.

And here we go. Yes, in a complete vacuum, Dez >>>>>>> DWilliams in dyno.

But what if the team that has Dez also has OBJr., Antonio Brown and Fitz? And what if they can only start 2 WRs and no flex? The problem with this thread is that the "insulted" party posts their side, often rationalizing their stance and often leaves out huge chunks of details that would make the trade at least make some sense. There is no context whatsoever.

The issue in this thread is that we are often trying to judge based an absolute dynasty value (i.e. in the proverbial vacuum) - however, all trades take place within the context of a league, with certain starting lineup requirements and involve teams with varying goals, ideologies, strengths, weaknesses, future draft picks, etc.

Judging trades in a seasonal league is much easier - in dynasty, I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as many in this thread seem to think it is.

And, as is typical, you left out the follow up and focused only on the initial offer. Diggs for DWill? Hardly "insulting" - and, as was said, probably shouldn't even be in this thread.

But what if the team that has Dez also has OBJr., Antonio Brown and Fitz? And what if they can only start 2 WRs and no flex? The problem with this thread is that the "insulted" party posts their side, often rationalizing their stance and often leaves out huge chunks of details that would make the trade at least make some sense. There is no context whatsoever.

The issue in this thread is that we are often trying to judge based an absolute dynasty value (i.e. in the proverbial vacuum) - however, all trades take place within the context of a league, with certain starting lineup requirements and involve teams with varying goals, ideologies, strengths, weaknesses, future draft picks, etc.

Judging trades in a seasonal league is much easier - in dynasty, I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as many in this thread seem to think it is.

And, as is typical, you left out the follow up and focused only on the initial offer. Diggs for DWill? Hardly "insulting" - and, as was said, probably shouldn't even be in this thread.
I don't care what the situation. Deangelo for Dez is a terrible offer. The exact kind that belongs in this thread. No way. Ever. Should you trade Dez for Deangelo.

I would never trade Dez for DWill either, but this thread should only include RIDICULOUSLY bad trade offers.

We're talking Boom Herron for Dez style trade offers here.

...or maybe some of you "live such a charmed life" that DWill for Dez really is the worst offer you've ever received.

If you make deals like giving guys like Dez for Deangelo Williams, championship banners will never be rising for you, ever.

Some trade offers are so horrible that they don't need context. This is one of them.

I would never trade Dez for DWill either, but this thread should only include RIDICULOUSLY bad trade offers.

...or maybe some of you "live such a charmed life" that DWill for Dez really is the worst offer you've ever received.
I have never in several years and several leagues worth of dynasty received an offer that is worse than D Williams for Dez. Ever. And I probably never will.

Sure someone could go offer me Boom Herron, but that kind of crap is obvioulsy either as a joke or to start up some sort of talks with some funny message like "maybe you click accept on accident?" added to it.

Part of what makes some of these offers so horrible is how serious the offer is. I have never had a serious offer as bad as that.

And the "what if you are loaded at WR" stuff is still. NOBODY who is good enough to get loaded at WR in the first place would be stupid enough to make a deal anywhere remotely close to as bad as dealing a top 10 overall dynasty assett for a guy who shouldnt be in the top 100 straight up, not to mention a guy who is dead after this year. Dez could tear both ACLS and get a staph infection on both hands and this is a terrible offer.

If I am a billionaire, I am not going to pay 7 million dollars for a honda civic just cause I need to rent a car for a day. CMon.

Why do you care who posts what here? I'd rather read that once and move on than read you being the thread cop 100 times.

You may want to read what I posted again pertaining the Diggs part.

I thought the title of the thread was "what is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?". I posted the worst dynasty trade I have been offered. Maybe you can start a new thread called "RIDICULOUSLY bad trade offers"?

I thought the title of the thread was "what is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?". I posted the worst dynasty trade I have been offered. Maybe you can start a new thread called "RIDICULOUSLY bad trade offers"?
Even if he did, D Will for Dez would be near the top of that list.

Why do you care who posts what here? I'd rather read that once and move on than read you being the thread cop 100 times.
You're right, Wreck. I apologize.

I'll just add ghost and ckl81 to my ignore list for failure to understand simple concepts.

You're right, Wreck. I apologize.

I'll just add ghost and ckl81 to my ignore list for failure to understand simple concepts.
Interesting. You are failing to understand that we do understand the concept, but conceptually, the deal makes not one lick of sense unless you are about to die of cancer. Even then it doesnt make sense cause Dez is a better bet to help your team in the playoffs.

Conceptually, the deal belongs near the top of the list in this thread.

Conceptually, the deal hurts a team NOW and destroys a team later. That qualifies as a horrific deal, and a nice contender for worst "legitimate" offer I have ever seen.

I got offered Willie Snead and an 18th rd for my Odell and my 4th rd pick

Redraft/ 2 player keeper league

We have 18 rounds in our draft

I said no lol

When Ben went down (for what, a week or two?), I was offered the following (note: QB: 25yd/1pt, 4pt TD , 1PPR / 1.5PPR TE, 10yd/1pt)

Offered: Jay Cutler and CJ2K

for my: Gronkowski

..... in a dynasty. in a TE driven league.

I don't care what the situation. Deangelo for Dez is a terrible offer. The exact kind that belongs in this thread. No way. Ever. Should you trade Dez for Deangelo.
Yeah, see - that's kinda my point. Many of the people in this thread think that too. Context doesn't matter....except it does. In every situation.

Yeah, see - that's kinda my point. Many of the people in this thread think that too. Context doesn't matter....except it does. In every situation.
Nope.

Sometimes the value of a deal is so god awful terrible that context does NOT matter.

This would be on of them.

When Ben went down (for what, a week or two?), I was offered the following (note: QB: 25yd/1pt, 4pt TD , 1PPR / 1.5PPR TE, 10yd/1pt)

Offered: Jay Cutler and CJ2K

for my: Gronkowski

..... in a dynasty. in a TE driven league.
Definitely one of the worst based on horrid value, timing of deal, and his likely thought process that you are an idiot panicker.

Excellent addition to the thread. :thumbup:

Looking to add depth at RB and offered Latimer and Dwayne Allen for Forsett to a team out of playoff contention.

He countered with Forsett for Watkins and my 1st.

I just don't understand how some owners evaluations?

Looking to add depth at RB and offered Latimer and Dwayne Allen for Forsett to a team out of playoff contention.

He countered with Forsett for Watkins and my 1st.

I just don't understand how some owners evaluations?
So this is why Forsett was hurt!  Some don't understand the power of karma.

Had a couple today I thought were pretty bad

Get
Daniels, Mike GBP DE
Ware, Demarcus DEN LB
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.08

Give
Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.02

Get
Year 2016 Draft Pick 3.02
Year 2016 Draft Pick 6.02

Give
Brown, John ARI WR

14t PPR (and 1.5 for TE) 50 man rosters - QRWWWTFFKDDDDDDDD

Offered me:

Cotchery, Jerricho CAR WR
Stills, Kenny MIA WR
Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.04
Year 2016 Draft Pick 3.04

For:
Rawls, Thomas SEA RB
Robinson, Allen JAC WR
Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

I would not part with any one of those guys for that haul of garbage, let alone all 3!

14t PPR (and 1.5 for TE) 50 man rosters - QRWWWTFFKDDDDDDDD

Offered me:

Cotchery, Jerricho CAR WR
Stills, Kenny MIA WR
Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.04
Year 2016 Draft Pick 3.04

For:
Rawls, Thomas SEA RB
Robinson, Allen JAC WR
Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

I would not part with any one of those guys for that haul of garbage, let alone all 3!
He deserves a kick in the nuts for sending that offer.

Users who are viewing this thread