Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
eakfootball

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

7 minutes ago, beef said:

Well, he's not in my top 5.  I value WRs a little different, and ones that only catch 50% of their targets don't grade out as high for me.  

catch 50%... ok, how many balls were catchable? 

point is, and I honestly dont care where you have him ranked in your sheets...

a 22yr old kid, who just played a season w a rookie qb who was a mess most of the time, with flashes of solid play... he's still averaging 1100+yds and 7.5tds/season

and again... he's 22.

12 minutes ago, beef said:

Well, he's not in my top 5.  I value WRs a little different, and ones that only catch 50% of their targets don't grade out as high for me.  

There are many very good WRs so top 5 is rare air... and I could easily see Evans omitted,  However, he isn't 3rd tier.  Not even close.

3 minutes ago, DropKick said:

There are many very good WRs so top 5 is rare air... and I could easily see Evans omitted,  However, he isn't 3rd tier.  Not even close.

3rd tier was Pro Football Focus's analytics, not mine.

Evans is 9 months YOUNGER than Josh Doctson.

Edited by spider321
  • Like 1

It's amazing how so many people in fantasy base their opinions on nothing but numbers.  And not even the most accurate numbers.

Someone talking about Mike Evans and mentioning he "only" caught 50% of the passes thrown his way is someone that you know you should absolutely never listen to for fantasy advice.

• Like 2

A trade that happened in one of my dynasty leagues recently: 

Randall Cobb for rookie draft picks 1.11, 2.01, and 3.01.

Either Cobb is undervalued or the draft picks are overvalued. It looks like the team spent 50 cent on a dollar for Cobb.

It's a 12 team, 22 roster limit, PPR league. 

Was offered 2.09 for Dez Bryant.   I countered with the 5.08 for Gronk.  Neither was accepted.

• Like 3

I wouldn't have a problem with crap offers if the guy just said, "yeah, I was hoping you were way down on player x," or "starting way low just to see if there's any interest" or "yeah I was just sending out a bunch of crap offers hoping one might go through."  Don't try to justify it.

I honestly think some of these guys make offers hoping you will screw up and accidentally accept it.  

I give:

Russell Wilson

I get:

Year 2016 Draft pick 2.04

League has boosted rushing scoring on yards, Wilson was the #2 overall player in the league behind Cam Newton last season.

Settled on:

I give:

Tyrod Taylor

I get

2.04, 3.04

Edited by mcintyre1

I'm hoping this is just some sort of test..

Non-ppr/IDP

Get
Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.10

Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick 

Give
Allen, Keenan SDC WR
Mosley, C.J. BAL LB

Maybe not terrible but certainly pointless. What are the chances I'd get a better player with the picks? Who would ever accept that?

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Probably the worse sequence of I want get rid of my spit offers I have gotten

1) 

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB; Year 2017 Round 5 Draft Pick 

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Allen, Keenan SDC WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 7.07

2) After no comment rejection

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB;Dye, Donteea TBB WR;Herndon, Javontee SDC WR;Crawford, Tyrone DAL DT; Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Romo, Tony DAL QB;Lockett, Tyler SEA WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 4.07;Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.07

3) After "I can't even counter that" rejection

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB;Dye, Donteea TBB WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 6.09

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Romo, Tony DAL QB;Bryant, Martavis PIT WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.0

Edited by coolnerd

Lol it's always so funny to me when you can see someone trying to salvage any value you can get out of a player. 

That guy in my league is the Jaelen Strong owner trying hard to sell before the ship is totally sunken. Too late. 

I give: 1.03

I get: Ted Ginn

When I rejected and said it wasn't even close, he replied saying he was 'just checking'.

Checking I'm not a total idiot, presumably

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coolnerd said:

Probably the worse sequence of I want get rid of my spit offers I have gotten

1) 

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB; Year 2017 Round 5 Draft Pick 

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Allen, Keenan SDC WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 7.07

2) After no comment rejection

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB;Dye, Donteea TBB WR;Herndon, Javontee SDC WR;Crawford, Tyrone DAL DT; Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Romo, Tony DAL QB;Lockett, Tyler SEA WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 4.07;Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.07

3) After "I can't even counter that" rejection

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB;Dye, Donteea TBB WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 6.09

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Romo, Tony DAL QB;Bryant, Martavis PIT WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.0

I'd counter with Martavis for his 2017 1st.

6 hours ago, DropKick said:

I'd counter with Martavis for his 2017 1st.

This might be a good deal for the guy getting Martavis, assuming he isn't a Josh Gordon level idiot.

2 hours ago, spider321 said:

Mildly insulting...

Get - 1.01, 1.07, Perriman

Give - Gronk, Hyde, Bortles

How? Given the crazy 1.1 deals going down is it really that bad? Latest 1.1 value is 12th overall startup ADP.

4 hours ago, spider321 said:

Mildly insulting...

That's actually pretty even to me.  Personally Gronk is probably worth 1.01 alone, if not more.  

9 minutes ago, Sitch said:

Personally Gronk is probably worth 1.01 alone, if not more.  

That's why I posted it.

Imo,

Gronk > 1.01

Hyde > 1.07

and Bortles > Perriman

Edited by spider321

2 minutes ago, spider321 said:

That's why I posted it.

Imo,

Gronk > 1.01

Hyde > 1.07

and Bortles > Perriman

In start 1 QB I would disagree with the last one and see Hyde/Bortles < Perriman/1.7 on value alone. Now unserstand if you need a RB why this wouldn't be the case but that's why you get the 1.1!

6 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

In start 1 QB I would disagree with the last one and see Hyde/Bortles < Perriman/1.7 on value alone. Now unserstand if you need a RB why this wouldn't be the case but that's why you get the 1.1!

I think you may be the guy that made the offer.  Lol.

I don't like Perriman at all. Torrey Smith 2.0.

...and I did say "mildly".

Edited by spider321

4 hours ago, spider321 said:

Mildly insulting...

Not even mildly insulting. Great starting offer. 

Gronk is about even with 1.01 in start ups, but I give a slight edge to Gronk. 

Hyde is worth about 1.5 so it is close. 

In a start 1qb league, I would rather have Perriman  slightly over Bottles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spider321 said:

I think you're the guy that made the offer.  Lol.

I don't like Perriman at all. Torrey Smith 2.0.

Haha. It seems hard to judge Perriman as T. Smith 2.0 before he has played a regular season snap. 

BTW I'm still on Gronk side but don't think it's a bad trade offer. 

23 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

Haha. It seems hard to judge Perriman as T. Smith 2.0 before he has played a regular season snap. 

BTW I'm still on Gronk side but don't think it's a bad trade offer. 

Not any different than judging Elliot as ADP 2.0 before he plays a single snap. 

Gronk and the 1.01 in the same trade is silly. This is Gronk. You take Gronk. If not for the fact that he is proven as the most dominant TE we have seen in forever and is still very young on  a great team that likes to feature him, you do it just for the sake that from position to position, nobody outside of JJ Watt offers a larger tier cushion than Gronk.

37 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Gronk and the 1.01 in the same trade is silly. This is Gronk. You take Gronk. If not for the fact that he is proven as the most dominant TE we have seen in forever and is still very young on  a great team that likes to feature him, you do it just for the sake that from position to position, nobody outside of JJ Watt offers a larger tier cushion than Gronk.

I haven't judged Elliott as ADP 2.0. That said T. Smith has shown what he is. Perriman hasn't, thus value wise even if he ends up being T. Smith 2.0 his value is Perriman 1.0.

2 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

I haven't judged Elliott as ADP 2.0. That said T. Smith has shown what he is. Perriman hasn't, thus value wise even if he ends up being T. Smith 2.0 his value is Perriman 1.0.

No, no.  Sorry. That wasn't pointed at you or anything. I meant to just comment in general.

9 minutes ago, Billy Ball Thorton said:

2016 1.11 for Three 2017 1st.  Not only was it offered he tried to reason it as well.

Kinda related but not really:  Anyone seen any offers on Kevin White? Has this guy been completely forgotten?

Edited by Shutout

3 hours ago, Shutout said:

I like Zeke as much as anyone on this board and would trade him for Gronk.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:47 PM, UKColt said:

I give: 1.03

I get: Ted Ginn

When I rejected and said it wasn't even close, he replied saying he was 'just checking'.

Checking I'm not a total idiot, presumably

I would absolutely bludgeon the other owner with fleece-level offers, each one with a comment of "just checking" until he got the point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pipes said:

I like Zeke as much as anyone on this board and would trade him for Gronk.

Would you have done that if it was the year Gronk was hurt?  I think Elliot is worth every bit of Gronk unless you get 1.5 or greater PPR.

4 hours ago, Shutout said:

Kinda related but not really:  Anyone seen any offers on Kevin White? Has this guy been completely forgotten?

Seems like it. Still valued in mid 3 of startups but nobody seems to want to buy at that price in established leagues.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Would you have done that if it was the year Gronk was hurt?  I think Elliot is worth every bit of Gronk unless you get 1.5 or greater PPR.

It's hard to say.  As much as I like Zeke and his situation there still is an element of the unknown.  He should be a stud and put up monster numbers in that offense but there is a chance, albeit a very small one IMHO, that Zeke busts.  So for the risk adverse getting someone like Gronk seems like a no brainer.  I can certainly see your side of the argument for sure.

Offered the 3.11 for M. Stafford from a guy with only Fitzpatrick on his roster.  Stafford isn't my starter but I may as well just give him away.

Offering thirds for qbs isn't terrible, although i turn that down as well that's kind of the going rate for a qb14. 

On May 13, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Billy Ball Thorton said:

2016 1.11 for Three 2017 1st.  Not only was it offered he tried to reason it as well.

This years draft is severly underrated and next years is overrated? It's tough to get one projected late 2017 1 for the 1.11, what was his argument? Did he think 1.11 meant he picks first and was offering you Elliot? 

Last two days I've received the following from the same guy:

I get:

Justin Forsett, 2017 2nd

I give:

David Johnson

---

I get:

Ronnie Hillman, Ted Ginn Jr, 2017 3rd

I give:

David Johnson

On top of Johnson being a highly regarded young RB, RB scoring is boosted with rushing yardage giving more points per yard than receiving yardage. 

1 hour ago, mcintyre1 said:

Last two days I've received the following from the same guy:

I get:

Justin Forsett, 2017 2nd

I give:

David Johnson

---

I get:

Ronnie Hillman, Ted Ginn Jr, 2017 3rd

I give:

David Johnson

On top of Johnson being a highly regarded young RB, RB scoring is boosted with rushing yardage giving more points per yard than receiving yardage. 

Maybe it's something in the water? I just got this today. 

Rednecks will give up:
Ellington, Andre ARI RB
Round 2, Pick 12 Draft Pick
Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Rednecks
Kutta will give up:
Johnson, David ARI RB
  • Like 1

12 team league

gave up:
Crowder, Jamison WAS WR
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.01

gave up:
Miller, Lamar HOU RB

Not worst ever but I've received some pretty bad ones over the course of the rookie draft in one league.

Get a '17 3rd for my 2.03, 3.03

Give 2 '17 1sts for Forte, 5.05

Get 2.07, 2.11 for my 1.03

8 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

Not worst ever but I've received some pretty bad ones over the course of the rookie draft in one league.

Get a '17 3rd for my 2.03, 3.03

Give 2 '17 1sts for Forte, 5.05

Get 2.07, 2.11 for my 1.03

I would trade Forte for 2 '17 1sts.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:28 PM, Pipes said:

It's hard to say.  As much as I like Zeke and his situation there still is an element of the unknown.  He should be a stud and put up monster numbers in that offense but there is a chance, albeit a very small one IMHO, that Zeke busts.  So for the risk adverse getting someone like Gronk seems like a no brainer.  I can certainly see your side of the argument for sure.

Especially when you KNOW what you have in Gronk and the fact that Gronk has just as many years left as Zeke does even with Zeke being a rookie.  Anything can happen with injuries, for sure, but when you think that if Zeke isn't a top back right now..right out of the box, and then he gets an injury, you could easily be looking at a suddenly 24-25 year old RB with an injury and nothing really on the resume.  Gronk, OTOH, you know, as long as he is healthy, he is a guaranteed advantage for your ff team each and every week. 

There just aren't that many guys in the league where, when you click their name in the starting lineup, a little smirk creeps up on your face because you know you already have a leg up.  Zeke might certainly become that type but the odds say it won't last as long (being truly dominant over every other player at the position for a long run) and we do know what we have in Gronk. 

This is certainly that time of year when you see a lot of offers including the Jamison Crowdres, Ryan Grants, Keyshawn Martin types.  Sadly, somehow it seems like these guys get traded. 

51 minutes ago, The Future Champs said:

I would trade Forte for 2 '17 1sts.

Sorry shouldn't have flipped the order.  He was asking for 2 1sts for his Forte