What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

I'm hoping this is just some sort of test..

Non-ppr/IDP

Get
Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.10

Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick 

Give
Allen, Keenan SDC WR
Mosley, C.J. BAL LB

Maybe not terrible but certainly pointless. What are the chances I'd get a better player with the picks? Who would ever accept that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the worse sequence of I want get rid of my spit offers I have gotten

1) 

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB; Year 2017 Round 5 Draft Pick 

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Allen, Keenan SDC WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 7.07

2) After no comment rejection

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB;Dye, Donteea TBB WR;Herndon, Javontee SDC WR;Crawford, Tyrone DAL DT; Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Romo, Tony DAL QB;Lockett, Tyler SEA WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 4.07;Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.07

3) After "I can't even counter that" rejection

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB;Dye, Donteea TBB WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 6.09

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Romo, Tony DAL QB;Bryant, Martavis PIT WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.0

Lol it's always so funny to me when you can see someone trying to salvage any value you can get out of a player. 

That guy in my league is the Jaelen Strong owner trying hard to sell before the ship is totally sunken. Too late. 

I give: 1.03

I get: Ted Ginn

When I rejected and said it wasn't even close, he replied saying he was 'just checking'.

Checking I'm not a total idiot, presumably

Probably the worse sequence of I want get rid of my spit offers I have gotten

1) 

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB; Year 2017 Round 5 Draft Pick 

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Allen, Keenan SDC WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 7.07

2) After no comment rejection

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB;Dye, Donteea TBB WR;Herndon, Javontee SDC WR;Crawford, Tyrone DAL DT; Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Romo, Tony DAL QB;Lockett, Tyler SEA WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 4.07;Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.07

3) After "I can't even counter that" rejection

MHS offers Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB;Dye, Donteea TBB WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 6.09

Cheaply Extravagant Bookworms for Romo, Tony DAL QB;Bryant, Martavis PIT WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 5.0
I'd counter with Martavis for his 2017 1st.

spider321 said:
Mildly insulting...

Get - 1.01, 1.07, Perriman

Give - Gronk, Hyde, Bortles
That's actually pretty even to me.  Personally Gronk is probably worth 1.01 alone, if not more.  

That's why I posted it.

Imo,

Gronk > 1.01

Hyde > 1.07

and Bortles > Perriman
In start 1 QB I would disagree with the last one and see Hyde/Bortles < Perriman/1.7 on value alone. Now unserstand if you need a RB why this wouldn't be the case but that's why you get the 1.1!

In start 1 QB I would disagree with the last one and see Hyde/Bortles < Perriman/1.7 on value alone. Now unserstand if you need a RB why this wouldn't be the case but that's why you get the 1.1!
I think you may be the guy that made the offer.  Lol.

I don't like Perriman at all. Torrey Smith 2.0.

...and I did say "mildly".

spider321 said:
Mildly insulting...

Get - 1.01, 1.07, Perriman

Give - Gronk, Hyde, Bortles
Not even mildly insulting. Great starting offer. 

Gronk is about even with 1.01 in start ups, but I give a slight edge to Gronk. 

Hyde is worth about 1.5 so it is close. 

In a start 1qb league, I would rather have Perriman  slightly over Bottles. 

I think you're the guy that made the offer.  Lol.

I don't like Perriman at all. Torrey Smith 2.0.
Haha. It seems hard to judge Perriman as T. Smith 2.0 before he has played a regular season snap. 

BTW I'm still on Gronk side but don't think it's a bad trade offer. 

Haha. It seems hard to judge Perriman as T. Smith 2.0 before he has played a regular season snap. 

BTW I'm still on Gronk side but don't think it's a bad trade offer. 
Not any different than judging Elliot as ADP 2.0 before he plays a single snap. 

Gronk and the 1.01 in the same trade is silly. This is Gronk. You take Gronk. If not for the fact that he is proven as the most dominant TE we have seen in forever and is still very young on  a great team that likes to feature him, you do it just for the sake that from position to position, nobody outside of JJ Watt offers a larger tier cushion than Gronk.

Gronk and the 1.01 in the same trade is silly. This is Gronk. You take Gronk. If not for the fact that he is proven as the most dominant TE we have seen in forever and is still very young on  a great team that likes to feature him, you do it just for the sake that from position to position, nobody outside of JJ Watt offers a larger tier cushion than Gronk.
I haven't judged Elliott as ADP 2.0. That said T. Smith has shown what he is. Perriman hasn't, thus value wise even if he ends up being T. Smith 2.0 his value is Perriman 1.0.

jeaton6 said:
I haven't judged Elliott as ADP 2.0. That said T. Smith has shown what he is. Perriman hasn't, thus value wise even if he ends up being T. Smith 2.0 his value is Perriman 1.0.
No, no.  Sorry. That wasn't pointed at you or anything. I meant to just comment in general.

Shutout said:

I like Zeke as much as anyone on this board and would trade him for Gronk.

I give: 1.03

I get: Ted Ginn

When I rejected and said it wasn't even close, he replied saying he was 'just checking'.

Checking I'm not a total idiot, presumably
I would absolutely bludgeon the other owner with fleece-level offers, each one with a comment of "just checking" until he got the point.

Would you have done that if it was the year Gronk was hurt?  I think Elliot is worth every bit of Gronk unless you get 1.5 or greater PPR.
It's hard to say.  As much as I like Zeke and his situation there still is an element of the unknown.  He should be a stud and put up monster numbers in that offense but there is a chance, albeit a very small one IMHO, that Zeke busts.  So for the risk adverse getting someone like Gronk seems like a no brainer.  I can certainly see your side of the argument for sure.

Offered the 3.11 for M. Stafford from a guy with only Fitzpatrick on his roster.  Stafford isn't my starter but I may as well just give him away.

Offering thirds for qbs isn't terrible, although i turn that down as well that's kind of the going rate for a qb14. 

2016 1.11 for Three 2017 1st.  Not only was it offered he tried to reason it as well.
This years draft is severly underrated and next years is overrated? It's tough to get one projected late 2017 1 for the 1.11, what was his argument? Did he think 1.11 meant he picks first and was offering you Elliot? 

Last two days I've received the following from the same guy:

I get:

Justin Forsett, 2017 2nd

I give:

David Johnson

---

I get:

Ronnie Hillman, Ted Ginn Jr, 2017 3rd

I give:

David Johnson

On top of Johnson being a highly regarded young RB, RB scoring is boosted with rushing yardage giving more points per yard than receiving yardage. 

Last two days I've received the following from the same guy:

I get:

Justin Forsett, 2017 2nd

I give:

David Johnson

---

I get:

Ronnie Hillman, Ted Ginn Jr, 2017 3rd

I give:

David Johnson

On top of Johnson being a highly regarded young RB, RB scoring is boosted with rushing yardage giving more points per yard than receiving yardage. 
Maybe it's something in the water? I just got this today. 

Rednecks will give up:
Ellington, Andre ARI RB
Round 2, Pick 12 Draft Pick
Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Rednecks
Kutta will give up:
Johnson, David ARI RB

Not worst ever but I've received some pretty bad ones over the course of the rookie draft in one league.

Get a '17 3rd for my 2.03, 3.03

Give 2 '17 1sts for Forte, 5.05

Get 2.07, 2.11 for my 1.03

It's hard to say.  As much as I like Zeke and his situation there still is an element of the unknown.  He should be a stud and put up monster numbers in that offense but there is a chance, albeit a very small one IMHO, that Zeke busts.  So for the risk adverse getting someone like Gronk seems like a no brainer.  I can certainly see your side of the argument for sure.
Especially when you KNOW what you have in Gronk and the fact that Gronk has just as many years left as Zeke does even with Zeke being a rookie.  Anything can happen with injuries, for sure, but when you think that if Zeke isn't a top back right now..right out of the box, and then he gets an injury, you could easily be looking at a suddenly 24-25 year old RB with an injury and nothing really on the resume.  Gronk, OTOH, you know, as long as he is healthy, he is a guaranteed advantage for your ff team each and every week. 

There just aren't that many guys in the league where, when you click their name in the starting lineup, a little smirk creeps up on your face because you know you already have a leg up.  Zeke might certainly become that type but the odds say it won't last as long (being truly dominant over every other player at the position for a long run) and we do know what we have in Gronk. 

This is certainly that time of year when you see a lot of offers including the Jamison Crowdres, Ryan Grants, Keyshawn Martin types.  Sadly, somehow it seems like these guys get traded. 

16 team league.
start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, 2 flex standard ppr scoring

About a week ago I take over a team and get the usual bad offers trying to fleece the new owner.

1.03 for Sammy Watkins.

I send him an offer back of Doug Baldwin and 2.01 for 1.03, I wasn't expecting this to be accepted, but maybe start some talks. Rejected with no counter.

Fast forward to today and he is on the clock at 1.12, well I want to move up so I offer him the 2.01 and 3.01 for 1.12 and his 3.12 or something at the end of the draft.

He declines and in his comments it reads "Another great offer you send. I am not looking to move down." after his 1.03 for Sammy

msudaisy26 said:
16 team league.
start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, 2 flex standard ppr scoring

About a week ago I take over a team and get the usual bad offers trying to fleece the new owner.

1.03 for Sammy Watkins.

I send him an offer back of Doug Baldwin and 2.01 for 1.03, I wasn't expecting this to be accepted, but maybe start some talks. Rejected with no counter.

Fast forward to today and he is on the clock at 1.12, well I want to move up so I offer him the 2.01 and 3.01 for 1.12 and his 3.12 or something at the end of the draft.

He declines and in his comments it reads "Another great offer you send. I am not looking to move down." after his 1.03 for Sammy
I just lived that scenario about ten times this weekend. 

Although, with the news on Sammy, you probably lost some trade power there. 

This weekend I was offered Ted Ginn Jr for Tyler Lockett & ALSO a 2016 5.01 rookie pick.  That offer is bad, but what makes it worse is the same guy gave away Tyler Eifert for the 1.11, and gave away Carlos Hyde for Nelson Agholor that day. 

These are the worst trade offers, horrible offers from clueless owners who just gave away their best players to your main competition.

This weekend I was offered Ted Ginn Jr for Tyler Lockett & ALSO a 2016 5.01 rookie pick.  That offer is bad, but what makes it worse is the same guy gave away Tyler Eifert for the 1.11, and gave away Carlos Hyde for Nelson Agholor that day. 

These are the worst trade offers, horrible offers from clueless owners who just gave away their best players to your main competition.
Yep this is how these guys operate. They have no clue about value and offer both amazing and terrible trades all the time. All you can do is keep peppering them with offers and hope they accept one or two lopsided ones to deplete them of all assets (it will happen regardless of whether you are involved or not) and then hopefully they will leave.

Others may say you should help them, screw that.

Yep this is how these guys operate. They have no clue about value and offer both amazing and terrible trades all the time. All you can do is keep peppering them with offers and hope they accept one or two lopsided ones to deplete them of all assets (it will happen regardless of whether you are involved or not) and then hopefully they will leave.

Others may say you should help them, screw that.
Yep, and the same guy hadn't signed on for like 60 days prior to draft.  I try not to play in leagues with this type of incompetence tbh.. For all the dirty gains via trade rape, a more cunning, heartless owner will reap far more reward than you likely.  

start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, 2 flex

Was offered: Gurley, Mason & DeSean Jackson

for: Allen Robinson, Kevin White, J. Ajayi, R. Mathews, D. Allen & 2016 2.10

This in a league that favors WRs in scoring system & yearly salary adjustments. I don't mind lopsided trades as people do value players differently, but to feel the need to add the draft pick in was a little over the top.

32 team idp league, I just took over an orphaned team that needs some work. 

Received the offer of William hayes  (the ram de in case you're wondering "who?") For my 2017 first round pick.  He tries to justify the offer by writing that hayes is a top 15 de. :lol:

Tevin Coleman for Danny Woodhead. Maybe not a terrible offer on the face but I own freeman, so why on earth would i trade Coleman.

I just lived that scenario about ten times this weekend.

Although, with the news on Sammy, you probably lost some trade power there.
So you didn't quit fantasy football? I'm glad to see you still around but you and Sabertooth dominated that thread with how you were quitting and you were both sucked back in it seems. :P

Brand new league for me, took over an orphaned team and through the "dispersal draft", whiffed on the available QBs, so was stuck with Garappolo/Keenum and added Mark Sanchez and Chase Daniel in RFA.

Scored the 1.01 in the dispersal, and as any astute owner would, put it on the block to see if I could get some ridiculous offer (almost had Gurley for 1.01 inked, but fell through).

Unfortunately, the only real ridiculous offer was on the other side of the spectrum:

Carson Palmer for 1.01

or

David Carr for 1.01 and $10 (out of $55 annual)

Apparently these guys love their QBs and the offending owner is apparently the king of ridiculously lowballed offers, but man, that caused quite a chuckle.

Users who are viewing this thread