Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
eakfootball

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

On 11/22/2018 at 2:30 PM, Ben & Jerry's said:

I ended up trading Cook/Fred Warner/late 1st for Hunt.

Ouch

• Sad 1

Season ended and trading opened up again, so of course i get an offer from someone.

Gronk and Cole Beasley for my OJ Howard and 1.02.  

On 1/2/2019 at 11:54 AM, Zyphros said:

Season ended and trading opened up again, so of course i get an offer from someone.

Gronk and Cole Beasley for my OJ Howard and 1.02.  

And the 1.02?  He didn't want you to throw in Mahomes as well?

Is the guy just trying to be funny?  Or does he think you're stupid?  Or, does he simply still value Gronk differently and think the time to sell him is now before the bottom truly drops out? (maybe a year too late)

8 hours ago, DropKick said:

And the 1.02?  He didn't want you to throw in Mahomes as well?

Is the guy just trying to be funny?  Or does he think you're stupid?  Or, does he simply still value Gronk differently and think the time to sell him is now before the bottom truly drops out? (maybe a year too late)

Couldn't tell you his reasons but I'm not exactly the type of person to just say "thanks for the offer but no". 

this just came in and was too bad/good to not post:

X gives up Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB and Martin, Doug OAK RB and Dorsett, Phillip NEP WR and Lee, Marqise JAC WR and Patterson, Cordarrelle NEP WR and Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE and Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.01 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.01 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.01

Dexter gives up Guice, Derrius WAS RB and Beckham, Odell NYG WR and Cooper, Amari DAL WR and Williams, Mike LAC WR and Njoku, David CLE TE

• Laughing 2

9 minutes ago, DexterDew said:

X gives up Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB and Martin, Doug OAK RB and Dorsett, Phillip NEP WR and Lee, Marqise JAC WR and Patterson, Cordarrelle NEP WR and Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE and Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.01 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.01 and Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.01

Dexter gives up Guice, Derrius WAS RB and Beckham, Odell NYG WR and Cooper, Amari DAL WR and Williams, Mike LAC WR and Njoku, David CLE TE

oh the humanity

4 hours ago, DexterDew said:

That's amazing - could be the worst we've seen in here yet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DexterDew said:

Fantasy Football Friends need to prevent friends from sending really bad trade offers when drunk!   I can think of no other excuse for this offer....   I guess he was blinded by the 1.01 pick "sacrifice" that he did not see the blinding poor value offered.  

I mean at least it had the 1.01 in it and Gronk (albeit 3 years too late).  It's god awful but at least there was SOMETHING good on the other side.  

I'm posting this in hopes that he is on this board but it's also hilariously bad and actually quite frustrating at this point when he's done this for about a week now.  

This guy in my FFPC league keeps offering me some combo of 

Matt Ryan, Kenyan Drake, Austin Hooper, Peyton Barber and Jacksonville D along with some 3rds or 4ths (he did include Ertz one time to his credit?)

for always at least 3/4 of my players

Marlon Mack, OJ Howard, Evan Engram, 2020 1st

Usually the offer is all of these.  He just spams the offer over and over again with a 3rd instead of a 4th or adding in Jacksonville and then adding my 1st or something.  I keep saying no with a message that I'm not interested in giving up the 4 best pieces of the deal, but he won't quit.  Maybe it'll stop after the deadline here in a few hours.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I'm posting this in hopes that he is on this board but it's also hilariously bad and actually quite frustrating at this point when he's done this for about a week now.  

This guy in my FFPC league keeps offering me some combo of 

Matt Ryan, Kenyan Drake, Austin Hooper, Peyton Barber and Jacksonville D along with some 3rds or 4ths (he did include Ertz one time to his credit?)

for always at least 3/4 of my players

Marlon Mack, OJ Howard, Evan Engram, 2020 1st

Usually the offer is all of these.  He just spams the offer over and over again with a 3rd instead of a 4th or adding in Jacksonville and then adding my 1st or something.  I keep saying no with a message that I'm not interested in giving up the 4 best pieces of the deal, but he won't quit.  Maybe it'll stop after the deadline here in a few hours.  

Got a similar guy in one of my leagues.  Probably same guy.

He also sends me an offer every couple days with nothing on his side of the deal, my 3-4 best assets on my side, with a comment saying "I like these"

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

He also sends me an offer every couple days with nothing on his side of the deal, my 3-4 best assets on my side, with a comment saying "I like these"

Wiley Tigers is the worst owner in the history of fantasy football.  Can't tell you how much I hate that guy.

4 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

As a sidenote a bit, I wish FFPC had a good way of just messaging another owner and having a chat rather than trade offers.  The message board doesn't work so well.  

2 hours ago, skinfanjon said:

Wiley Tigers is the worst owner in the history of fantasy football.  Can't tell you how much I hate that guy.

😁

Got this one yesterday:

My AJ Green for his 2019 4.12.

Not saying "worst EVER" but pretty freakin' bad.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Got this one yesterday:

My AJ Green for his 2019 4.12.

Not saying "worst EVER" but pretty freakin' bad.

Doesn’t get a whole lot worse. He basically wants you to give him Green for free.

• Like 1

What do you think about a guy who make offers and before you can even consider them he revokes them? This has happened on multiple (more than 10 times) occasions.

Edited by Sugar Huddle

57 minutes ago, Sugar Huddle said:

What do you think about a guy who make offers and before you can even consider them he revokes them? This has happened on multiple (more than 10 times) occasions.

One time is a reconsideration, multiple times and I start to think he wants me to think he offered too much. A ploy to get a player at a lower value.

13 minutes ago, Streetduck said:

One time is a reconsideration, multiple times and I start to think he wants me to think he offered too much. A ploy to get a player at a lower value.

Or he's drunk.

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Huddle said:

Could just be an accidental offer.  I know I've done that before where I included a 1st, rather than a 3rd for a flier type of player. 

5 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Could just be an accidental offer.  I know I've done that before where I included a 1st, rather than a 3rd for a flier type of player. 

Some people can’t bring themselves to actually make an offer that might get accepted. Like being at a restaurant, some people can’t make a decision because they may regret it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Streetduck said:

There was a post last year about that. Some owners intentionally do that to get you to make an offer. A couple fbgs said they do it. Seems like an owner I probably wouldn't deal with.

14 hours ago, Sugar Huddle said:

The take away can be effective.

I don't mind people pulling trade offers. A lot that can go into it such as working on other deals and just not wanting to leave a trade open in case the unexpected happens like out of the blue injury or arrest. 

I got a bigger issue with people who won't decision a trade offer I make and just let it linger and also not a big fan of the guy who posts that player X is on the trade block and then proceeds to want massive overvalue return for him.  I mean when paying over value pretty much everyone is on the trade block.

But by far my #1 pet peeve on trade talks is when I include a throw-in and if the trade is rejected the person will cite the reason as not liking the throw in/sweetener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

The take away can be effective.

I don't mind people pulling trade offers. A lot that can go into it such as working on other deals and just not wanting to leave a trade open in case the unexpected happens like out of the blue injury or arrest. 

I got a bigger issue with people who won't decision a trade offer I make and just let it linger and also not a big fan of the guy who posts that player X is on the trade block and then proceeds to want massive overvalue return for him.  I mean when paying over value pretty much everyone is on the trade block.

But by far my #1 pet peeve on trade talks is when I include a throw-in and if the trade is rejected the person will cite the reason as not liking the throw in/sweetener.

Amen

19 hours ago, Sugar Huddle said:

I will do that to generate an email to the other guy. It's not a ploy, just easier than finding their email address and typing out all the player names and so on. I had one guy complain until I explained it, he still didn't love it but he understood. Everyone else seems to like it when I start trade talks. 

Fun exchange just happened.

A couple weeks ago I traded Stafford, fournette, and corey Davis for Odell, 2020 first, 2.1 and Mason Rudolph in a 14 team superflex .25 points per carry PPR league. 

Get this offer tonight: I give Odell and Nick Foles, I get Allen robinson, 1.3, 2.6 and E St. Brown. 

I decline right away and say that I gave up more then that for odell so isn’t even close and not interested. Guy replies back and says “what I offered was more than that, blah blah blah” abt how it was a good offer. Made me laugh a little

9 hours ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Fun exchange just happened.

A couple weeks ago I traded Stafford, fournette, and corey Davis for Odell, 2020 first, 2.1 and Mason Rudolph in a 14 team superflex .25 points per carry PPR league. 

Get this offer tonight: I give Odell and Nick Foles, I get Allen robinson, 1.3, 2.6 and E St. Brown. 

I decline right away and say that I gave up more then that for odell so isn’t even close and not interested. Guy replies back and says “what I offered was more than that, blah blah blah” abt how it was a good offer. Made me laugh a little

He is actually right.  His offer was a lot better than the deal you made.

The deal you made was robbery.  The 1st was on the wrong side of that deal and even then I would side with OBJ

Edit....ahhhhhh the super flex does change that a bit

Edited by ghostguy123

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

He is actually right.  His offer was a lot better than the deal you made.

The deal you made was robbery.  The 1st was on the wrong side of that deal and even then I would side with OBJ

Edit....ahhhhhh the super flex does change that a bit

Eh, he may have thought it was a better offer but I don’t and that’s the key, I’ve never told someone that no your wrong, certain people like certain guys more and this guy obviously likes Robinson and a unnamed rookie (won’t be a QB unless someone reaches for a guy other than Murray and Haskins) more then most people.

Obviously wasn’t the worst offer I’ve gotten but the comment/reply’s make it pretty bad.

Woke up to this fun one in a league of mine on FFPC

I give up: Guice and RoJo

I get: Adrian Peterson and 2.06

Sometimes I wonder how people can even rationally think that's even the slightest bit of fair.  Or is he hoping I would drunk accept at 8:30 in the morning?  

7 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Woke up to this fun one in a league of mine on FFPC

I give up: Guice and RoJo

I get: Adrian Peterson and 2.06

Sometimes I wonder how people can even rationally think that's even the slightest bit of fair.  Or is he hoping I would drunk accept at 8:30 in the morning?  

A guy in my league that was on the clock announced he was going to a baseball game and was out at the bar, I strongly considered sending him some offers...

Just offered today

I get: Malcolm Brown, James White, Mohamed Sanu, Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald

I give: Mike Evans, Nick Chubb, 2019 Rookie Pick 2.11

I thought the inclusion of the Rookie Pick was classic since I wasn't already giving up enough for this pile of crap.  Oh, and we have to cut rosters to 18 before the draft...

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, garlicduck said:

Just offered today

I get: Malcolm Brown, James White, Mohamed Sanu, Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald

I give: Mike Evans, Nick Chubb, 2019 Rookie Pick 2.11

I thought the inclusion of the Rookie Pick was classic since I wasn't already giving up enough for this pile of crap.  Oh, and we have to cut rosters to 18 before the draft...

Were they drunk or stoned?   Did you counter offering Pick 2.11 for all his elite players saying it was fair?  LOL!  

1 minute ago, Birdie048 said:

Were they drunk or stoned?   Did you counter offering Pick 2.11 for all his elite players saying it was fair?  LOL!  

Don't forget to include everyone you plan on dropping. 

• Like 1

Had a funny offer today....  12 team PPR, TE Premium

What I give up:  OBJ & A Jones plus 2.06 

What I get: P Rivers, Sterling Shepard and his 1.03 pick  

Now, Rivers will be very unlikely to see my SL (Watson & Mayfield) and Jones is my RB3 but what makes him think OBJ's value went down?  

Was offered D Thomas and the 3.03 pick for Tyreek Hill. Message in the offer read "Thomas signed by the Pats, Brady is a fan, Hill may go to prison, to work on a chain gang." Read like a poem. Genius. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

Had a funny offer today....  12 team PPR, TE Premium

What I give up:  OBJ & A Jones plus 2.06 

What I get: P Rivers, Sterling Shepard and his 1.03 pick  

Now, Rivers will be very unlikely to see my SL (Watson & Mayfield) and Jones is my RB3 but what makes him think OBJ's value went down?  

At least those are 2 solid items on your receiving end (while giving up a butt ton but still).  Some offers in here don't even offer 1 thing of value.  

Been awhile since I've posted a bad offer here but got one a little while ago. Not the worst per se, but:

I give Juju

I get AJ Brown (who I do like), McCoy, LJ Scott (I don't even know who that is - RB apparently), and a 2020 2nd. 

I don't usually post here but my god this one is worthy.

I was offered Newton, a 2020 3rd and 2020 5th

for

My own 2020 1st

Another teams 2020 1st

My own 2020 2nd

Seems bad even without context which is I am totally rebuilding and will be 99.9% assured of the worst record this year so that be #1 pick in the 1st and 2nd rounds next year not even counting the other teams 1st which will be in middle of the pack most likely.

Now this really doesn't matter but for context this guy traded for Newton last week he gave up one 2020 1st projected from a team that should compete for the championship so basically that pick and my future 2020 2nd are going to be 1-2 picks apart maybe.

11 minutes ago, Dez said:

I don't usually post here but my god this one is worthy.

I was offered Newton, a 2020 3rd and 2020 5th

for

My own 2020 1st

Another teams 2020 1st

My own 2020 2nd

Seems bad even without context which is I am totally rebuilding and will be 99.9% assured of the worst record this year so that be #1 pick in the 1st and 2nd rounds next year not even counting the other teams 1st which will be in middle of the pack most likely.

Now this really doesn't matter but for context this guy traded for Newton last week he gave up one 2020 1st projected from a team that should compete for the championship so basically that pick and my future 2020 2nd are going to be 1-2 picks apart maybe.

Certainly qualifies.  Context is just as important as lopsided value for a horrendous offer IMO

9 minutes ago, JohnW1970 said:

I give 2020 and 21 first rounders. And I get Hogan, Fitz and Peterson. 

For a second I forgot what thread this was and was like 😮 

Just got a good one.  12 team ppr dynasty.

I give- 1.3 pick and Calvin Ridley

I get- Nick Foles, Ronald Jones and 2.9

Dynasty 16 team, right after the news of hill's audiotape coming out

My 13th overall pick and 2nd from 2020

For his t hill

7 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Dynasty 16 team, right after the news of hill's audiotape coming out

My 13th overall pick and 2nd from 2020

For his t hill

If Hill plays, he's worth a 1st

Not a specific bad trade offer, but more a question of tactics. I sent a reasonable trade offer to another owner. He didn't reject my offer, but sent an offer of his own involving most of the same players. I rejected his offer. He let my offers expire without ever accepting or rejecting them. Is this a "power" move on his part that I am unaware of?

40 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

Not a specific bad trade offer, but more a question of tactics. I sent a reasonable trade offer to another owner. He didn't reject my offer, but sent an offer of his own involving most of the same players. I rejected his offer. He let my offers expire without ever accepting or rejecting them. Is this a "power" move on his part that I am unaware of?

He probably just forgot he didn't reject it