Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
eakfootball

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

42 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

Not a specific bad trade offer, but more a question of tactics. I sent a reasonable trade offer to another owner. He didn't reject my offer, but sent an offer of his own involving most of the same players. I rejected his offer. He let my offers expire without ever accepting or rejecting them. Is this a "power" move on his part that I am unaware of?

I rarely reject an offer.  It's like closing a door.  I'd rather keep it open and have him stare at it every day wondering what else he can/needs to add/change to make it work.  It's also a convenient way for me to look at his list of players he's looking for to see if I can make something else work.

Edited by Hankmoody
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

I rarely reject an offer.  It's like closing a door.  I'd rather keep it open and have him stare at it every day wondering what else he can/needs to add/change to make it work.  It's also a convenient way for me to look at his list of players he's looking for to see if I can make something else work.

I left mine open one time and my 2 year old kid clicked accept. :shock:

• Laughing 3

14 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

Why would someone increase an offer they think you're still considering? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Lol, the mind game of fantasy football. I usually send a lowball offer, then demand a counter offer when it’s rejected. When told the player isn’t available, I throw a fit, because that’s ridiculous. I also like to send an offer with all the reasons they should want my guy and why the guy I want might suck. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

8 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Because it's not good enough for me to have already accepted.  I didn't say anything about considering the offer.  I'll leave trash offers undeclined as well.  All they know is that it isn't good enough or I would have accepted it.

Okay, this is worthy of posting here....  12 Team Dynasty PPR....  I have received 21 offers from same owner in last 2 months (and I sent 10 counters). 

This is a case of trying for Quantity over Quality.... and I am just not buying what he is selling.  Now, I did sell him Mahomes a few weeks ago (Mayfield, Rivers, Tre'Quan S & (2) Firsts)

(# is free site dynasty trade value:  Give 3187 vs receive 1373) 

They offered:                                                                                            They wanted: 

Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB  (44)                                                                    Hunt, Kareem CLE RB  (767)

Martin, Doug OAK RB       (12)                                                                   Green, A.J. CIN WR    (1747) 

Benjamin, Travis LAC WR (6)                                                                     Njoku, David CLE TE   (673) 

Brown, John BUF WR          (142)                                                                   

Williams, Mike LAC WR       (1010)

Herndon, Chris NYJ TE     (158)

11 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Okay, this is worthy of posting here....  12 Team Dynasty PPR....  I have received 21 offers from same owner in last 2 months (and I sent 10 counters). 

This is a case of trying for Quantity over Quality.... and I am just not buying what he is selling.  Now, I did sell him Mahomes a few weeks ago (Mayfield, Rivers, Tre'Quan S & (2) Firsts)

They offered:                                                                                            They wanted: 

Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB  (44)                                                                    Hunt, Kareem CLE RB  (767)

Martin, Doug OAK RB       (12)                                                                   Green, A.J. CIN WR    (1747) 

Benjamin, Travis LAC WR (6)                                                                     Njoku, David CLE TE   (673) 

It's not that bad. Without Hunt it would at least be defendable, as Williams and Herndon is pretty close to Green and Njoku in dynasty.

Now everyone would prefer Hunt over the rest of that junk, but he's a hard player to value as his future is not clear.

ETA: That free sites numeric values are a little wacky as I don't see Njoku being worth that much more than Herndon. If Mike Williams continues to build on last season and with no Tyrell Williams in LA by next season he may be worth more than Green.

Edited by Dr. Octopus

46 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

He gave 2 firsts plus for Mahomes? That is the bad offer that needs to be talked about. 

14 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

It's not that bad. Without Hunt it would at least be defendable, as Williams and Herndon is pretty close to Green and Njoku in dynasty.

Now everyone would prefer Hunt over the rest of that junk, but he's a hard player to value as his future is not clear.

ETA: That free sites numeric values are a little wacky as I don't see Njoku being worth that much more than Herndon. If Mike Williams continues to build on last season and with no Tyrell Williams in LA by next season he may be worth more than Green.

Sorry I thought it was bad.  I like Njoku & Hunt over his offer without AJG. 

While I agree the #'s are wacky and not reliable, I just look at it as benchmark ...I actually like Mike Williams and I did target him....  however, aside from Herndon, I have no value for the rest of his offer and it provides me nothing but bench cloggers.  None of them would ever see my lineup. 

AJ Green is my WR2 (Woods, Tyrell Williams, James Washington) so I cannot afford to part with him easily.

He just sent a new offer that included Peyton Barber TBB RB (42) and David Moore Sea WR (36) in place of Brown.....

42 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Sorry I thought it was bad.  I like Njoku & Hunt over his offer without AJG. 

While I agree the #'s are wacky and not reliable, I just look at it as benchmark ...I actually like Mike Williams and I did target him....  however, aside from Herndon, I have no value for the rest of his offer and it provides me nothing but bench cloggers.  None of them would ever see my lineup. 

AJ Green is my WR2 (Woods, Tyrell Williams, James Washington) so I cannot afford to part with him easily.

He just sent a new offer that included Peyton Barber TBB RB (42) and David Moore Sea WR (36) in place of Brown.....

It’s a bad offer but this is “worst” game offer which doesn’t have to be taken literally of course but while I would reject that it at least allows the possibility of a counter offer if there’s any interest in Williams or Herndon. Most offers in here should be ones where there isn’t even any reason to counter.

Anyway I wasn’t trying to make a huge issue out of you posting it - just offering a different perspective. I’ve got plenty of terrible offers before I wouldn’t find that one offensive.

And his “counter” shows he’s willing to tweak it some.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

It’s a bad offer but this is “worst” game offer which doesn’t have to be taken literally of course but while I would reject that it at least allows the possibility of a counter offer if there’s any interest in Williams or Herndon. Most offers in here should be ones where there isn’t even any reason to counter.

Anyway I wasn’t trying to make a huge issue out of you posting it - just offering a different perspective. I’ve got plenty of terrible offers before I wouldn’t find that one offensive.

And his “counter” shows he’s willing to tweak it some.

Thanks....  no offense taken and sorry if I implied such.  I recognize we all have different values and perspectives.  I guess the point I was making is this same owner makes multiple "Quantity" offers asking for "Quality" in return.  FWIW, he picked up D Moore Sea WR, D Martin & T Benjamin off waivers so if I had wanted them, I had a chance.  

And I recognize his willingness to modify his offer in negotiations.  

• Like 1

I read this similarly though.  Age-ists likely already would want Mike Williams ahead of AJ Green.  (Personally I favor Green but we’re getting close to the point where not trading Green means he’ll retire on your roster because no one will give decent value.)

Njoku is consensus-rated ahead of Herndon, so the “value” is on Njoku’s side, but I remain underwhelmed.  If (unlike this case) I needed to tirn Njoku into Herndon in order to get another part of the deal done I’d be willing to.

He needs to give you someone with reasonable prospect value for Hunt...this one might have worked shortly after the video and release from the Chiefs but a lot of people are satisfied with the Cleveland landing spot and pending free agency.  Hunt’s redraft value is minimal though...looks like that’s where he’s hoping to exploit a misvaluation on your part.

7 hours ago, Arodin said:

I read this similarly though.  Age-ists likely already would want Mike Williams ahead of AJ Green.  (Personally I favor Green but we’re getting close to the point where not trading Green means he’ll retire on your roster because no one will give decent value.)

Njoku is consensus-rated ahead of Herndon, so the “value” is on Njoku’s side, but I remain underwhelmed.  If (unlike this case) I needed to tirn Njoku into Herndon in order to get another part of the deal done I’d be willing to.

He needs to give you someone with reasonable prospect value for Hunt...this one might have worked shortly after the video and release from the Chiefs but a lot of people are satisfied with the Cleveland landing spot and pending free agency.  Hunt’s redraft value is minimal though...looks like that’s where he’s hoping to exploit a misvaluation on your part.

FWIW, I recently moved AJG in dynasty PPR in a deal that got me Diggs as his replacement

On 5/18/2019 at 6:21 PM, Hankmoody said:

I hate it when people let offers just sit there. Happens enough times and I never send them anything else.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

I hate it when people let offers just sit there. Happens enough times and I never send them anything else.

Agreed. When they never respond to offers, they come off as an absent owner. 

19 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Wow

I actually prefer Mahomes to Mayfield, Rivers Tre'Quan & two firsts.

I can't use both QBs and Tre'quan might be considered a waiver wire level asset.  I'd evaluate it as Mayfield and two firsts.  Obviously, the big variable is the picks.  Sounds good on paper.  Great if its a top pick.  More of a crap shoot if the picks are late first.  I've found that more than half of first round picks don't pan out.   Personally, I'm not sold on Baker and would go with bird in the hand.

2 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

I don't actually "just let it sit there" though, I either counter or respond or something.  I just don't reject it.  It's a lot easier to find in your trade screen on MFL than it is to go into the transaction log and filter for it and I actually prefer that guys interested don't either.  I do agree that no response at all isn't ideal.

2 hours ago, Edgar said:

Agreed. When they never respond to offers, they come off as an absent owner. 

I didn't say I don't respond, I said I don't reject them.  I'm well known to not be an absent owner, I'm easily the most active in my leagues.

Not a bad trade but bad reasoning for declining. knew it was a long shot offer but not because of value.

I offered Antonio Brown to a guy with QB surplus for Luck/N'Keal Harry.

His response was, "Luck scored over 400 points and Brown only scored 326 points. So adding N'Keal makes it even more uneven."

Bro. That's not how it works. But it does explain a bit why he was 3-10 last year and rejects almost all trades.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Not a bad trade but bad reasoning for declining. knew it was a long shot offer but not because of value.

His response was, "Luck scored over 400 points and Brown only scored 326 points. So adding N'Keal makes it even more uneven."

Bro. That's not how it works. But it does explain a bit why he was 3-10 last year and rejects almost all trades.

Seems like that’s something you can really use to your advantage when trading with him in the future.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'd take the offer in a heartbeat if I was sitting on Mahomes.  A little more reluctant if Luck is my starter...  Also possible the guy is really high on N'Keal.  I think it might be a steep climb for a rookie WR in the Pats offense...  Overall, a reasonable trade offer that could work for many teams.

38 minutes ago, DropKick said:

I'd take the offer in a heartbeat if I was sitting on Mahomes.  A little more reluctant if Luck is my starter...  Also possible the guy is really high on N'Keal.  I think it might be a steep climb for a rookie WR in the Pats offense...  Overall, a reasonable trade offer that could work for many teams.

He has Mahomes, Luck, and Watson. His highest scoring WR from last year was Calvin Ridley.

13 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

He has Mahomes, Luck, and Watson. His highest scoring WR from last year was Calvin Ridley.

Hello 3-10.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Was just offered Cousins, Goedert, D. Westbrook, T. Coleman & 2019 2nd round rookie pick for my Moore, Ingram & Golladay in dynasty PPR...

I Have Goff so not hurting for a QB1. (We start 1)

Edited by hispeedthinmint
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:15 PM, Birdie048 said:

I hate these sort of offers for the most part. They think offering quantity over Quality gets a deal done. In most cases they are making you cut a guy or two maybe you'd have kept. I had an owner in fantasy baseball and football who does this constantly. Most of the offers are low ball and pretty bad. If you feel the need to offer more then one guy over what you are getting back you probably don't have the value I want to make a trade work. 

I just had a guy tell me Kyle Rudolph was worth a first round pick.  🤡

On 7/13/2019 at 2:19 AM, Andy Dufresne said:

Maybe my view is in the minority but if I were in a dynasty and my team was 3-10 I wouldn't give up much for a 31yo WR going from one of the highest powered offenses to the NFL to oak(and I'm not even as down on Carr or Gruden as most people are). Maybe if I was 10-3 and considered myself a heavy favorite for the league championship and it was an exceptionally small league(8-10 teams) I might give up more.

Since we are on FBG let's just take their dynasty rankings on those players (AB = 24th pick) for (Harry = 39th pick + Luck = 44th pick). Plug those into Dodds pick value calculator and the 3-10 guy is giving up 1355 in value to get back 952 in value to get much older with a much shorter window of productivity. I understand that if that guys roster was stuffed with studs then one very good player is worth two good players but that doesn't sound like his situation. 

Just my take.

8 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

Just my take.

In a vacuum, most of that might be right. But here's the rest of the story.

In Zealots he can start 5 RBs and he's pretty loaded there with Chubb/Elliot/Henry/DJohnson/Lindsay.

But then he can only start 2 WRs. And his top scorer from last year is Calvin Ridley. So he loses a ton of points from those two slots.

As to the QBs, he started Luck twice and Watson ZERO. The rest went to Mahomes. And they will for the far future.

So Luck & Watson only have potential, not actual, value to him. New team or no, Brown is a huge upgrade for him at the WR position. If he can acquire it for the cost of a rookie and a guy he knows he's going to most likely get a zero from otherwise, it only makes sense to work on something he can agree on.

Otherwise, he can be an middling team that can take comfort in knowing he had Luck and/or Watson on his roster for a decade - and got backup points from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, hispeedthinmint said:

Was just offered Cousins, Goedert, D. Westbrook, T. Coleman & 2019 2nd round rookie pick for my Moore, Ingram & Golladay in dynasty PPR...

I Have Goff so not hurting for a QB1. (We start 1)

Sure, that offer is well short in a value sense but I'm not sure it's eregious enough for this thread - some decent pieces coming back. 

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

In a vacuum, most of that might be right. But here's the rest of the story.

In Zealots he can start 5 RBs and he's pretty loaded there with Chubb/Elliot/Henry/DJohnson/Lindsay.

But then he can only start 2 WRs. And his top scorer from last year is Calvin Ridley. So he loses a ton of points from those two slots.

As to the QBs, he started Luck twice and Watson ZERO. The rest went to Mahomes. And they will for the far future.

So Luck & Watson only have potential, not actual, value to him. New team or no, Brown is a huge upgrade for him at the WR position. If he can acquire it for the cost of a rookie and a guy he knows he's going to most likely get a zero from otherwise, it only makes sense to work on something he can agree on.

Otherwise, he can be an middling team that can take comfort in knowing he had Luck and/or Watson on his roster for a decade - and got backup points from them.

Man I just had flashbacks to last year reading that.  Watching Cam and Wilson rot on the Mahomes owner’s bench last year while he trotted out Tevin Coleman as his RB1 last year, while he spurned every single offer of mine that involved DHenry or Chubb “because Cam and Wilson score twice as many points as those clowns” just infuriated me. Nothing I did or said could make this guy see any differently. 

Good luck sir. 

• Like 4

Received this gem yesterday morning....

I give: Juju and 2 2020 1sts

I get: Guice and Sterling Shepard

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, drewd_21 said:

That can't be real.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kutta said:

That can't be real.

Was pretty shocked myself....and it was our league commish 😩

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, drewd_21 said:

Oooofffff

Tex

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

I give Mike Evans

I get A.J. Green and Pollard

That's not great but if that is the worst offer you have had you are doing well.

48 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

That's not great but if that is the worst offer you have had you are doing well.

I don’t think people take the thread title literally. 

As far as the offer itself, he could’ve added a first round pick and it’s still not something I would accept. 

Not the worst but time to bump the thread.

DFWC orphan purchased this yr in serious rebuild mode.

I get
Robinson,Demarcus WR KC

I give:
2020 Rnd 1  (top 5 lock)

48 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Not the worst but time to bump the thread.

DFWC orphan purchased this yr in serious rebuild mode.

I get
Robinson,Demarcus WR KC

I give:
2020 Rnd 1  (top 5 lock)

Someone told him to sell high

• Like 1

So I offer up DJ for Bell.

Guy says 'Bell is worth more than DJ'; counters with, DJ+Hock+ L Fitzgerald for Bell. 

I don't know if this counts or not but I needed to vent. Hard to get deals done in some leagues.

Edited by cloppbeast

18 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

So I offer up DJ for Bell.

Guy says 'Bell is worth more than DJ'; counters with, DJ+Hock+ L Fitzgerald for Bell. 

I don't know if this counts or not but I needed to vent. Hard to get deals done in some leagues.

Classic case of someone overvaluing their own players. Equally as bad as the guy who is afraid of losing on a trade and only makes trades if they’re greatly in their favor. 

Team A gives
Ajayi, Jay FA* RB
Drake, Kenyan MIA RB
Conley, Chris JAC WR
Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A (late)
Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team C (mid to late)

Team B gives
Jacobs, Josh OAK RB
Chark, D.J. JAC WR
Gallup, Michael DAL WR
Year 2020 Round 4 Draft Pick from Team B (early to mid)

I like that he added my 4th coming back....you know....just to even it up.

• Laughing 3

On 6/29/2019 at 10:09 AM, DropKick said:

I actually prefer Mahomes to Mayfield, Rivers Tre'Quan & two firsts.

I can't use both QBs and Tre'quan might be considered a waiver wire level asset.  I'd evaluate it as Mayfield and two firsts.  Obviously, the big variable is the picks.  Sounds good on paper.  Great if its a top pick.  More of a crap shoot if the picks are late first.  I've found that more than half of first round picks don't pan out.   Personally, I'm not sold on Baker and would go with bird in the hand.

QB value fluctuates more league to league then any other position. IN a 16 team superflex I'm in, Mahomes is far and away the single most valuable player in the league and that deal would qualify as an all time worst offer. IN a 12-14 team league, I can't turn a Goff into an RB2

30 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

So it begins...

1.01 for the 1.12 and 3.12.

C'mon man!

But he's giving you 2 picks for 1!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

So it begins...

C'mon man!

These are the same people who quit dynasty leagues when they discover they are in over their head. 

• Laughing 1

18 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

So it begins...

C'mon man!

yikes

18 hours ago, JohnnyU said:
19 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

So it begins...

C'mon man!

These are the same people who quit dynasty leagues when they discover they are in over their head. 

Not defending the offer, as it's terrible, but if the dude has 1.12 I doubt he's in over his head.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, doowain said:

Not defending the offer, as it's terrible, but if the dude has 1.12 I doubt he's in over his head.

That's a very aggravating aspect of this, to be sure.