What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

I rarely reject an offer.  It's like closing a door.  I'd rather keep it open and have him stare at it every day wondering what else he can/needs to add/change to make it work.  It's also a convenient way for me to look at his list of players he's looking for to see if I can make something else work.
I hate it when people let offers just sit there. Happens enough times and I never send them anything else.

voiceofunreason said:
I actually prefer Mahomes to Mayfield, Rivers Tre'Quan & two firsts.

I can't use both QBs and Tre'quan might be considered a waiver wire level asset.  I'd evaluate it as Mayfield and two firsts.  Obviously, the big variable is the picks.  Sounds good on paper.  Great if its a top pick.  More of a crap shoot if the picks are late first.  I've found that more than half of first round picks don't pan out.   Personally, I'm not sold on Baker and would go with bird in the hand.

I hate it when people let offers just sit there. Happens enough times and I never send them anything else.
I don't actually "just let it sit there" though, I either counter or respond or something.  I just don't reject it.  It's a lot easier to find in your trade screen on MFL than it is to go into the transaction log and filter for it and I actually prefer that guys interested don't either.  I do agree that no response at all isn't ideal.

Agreed. When they never respond to offers, they come off as an absent owner. 
I didn't say I don't respond, I said I don't reject them.  I'm well known to not be an absent owner, I'm easily the most active in my leagues.

Not a bad trade but bad reasoning for declining. knew it was a long shot offer but not because of value.

I offered Antonio Brown to a guy with QB surplus for Luck/N'Keal Harry.

His response was, "Luck scored over 400 points and Brown only scored 326 points. So adding N'Keal makes it even more uneven."

Bro. That's not how it works. But it does explain a bit why he was 3-10 last year and rejects almost all trades.

Not a bad trade but bad reasoning for declining. knew it was a long shot offer but not because of value.

His response was, "Luck scored over 400 points and Brown only scored 326 points. So adding N'Keal makes it even more uneven."

Bro. That's not how it works. But it does explain a bit why he was 3-10 last year and rejects almost all trades.
Seems like that’s something you can really use to your advantage when trading with him in the future.

I'd take the offer in a heartbeat if I was sitting on Mahomes.  A little more reluctant if Luck is my starter...  Also possible the guy is really high on N'Keal.  I think it might be a steep climb for a rookie WR in the Pats offense...  Overall, a reasonable trade offer that could work for many teams.

I'd take the offer in a heartbeat if I was sitting on Mahomes.  A little more reluctant if Luck is my starter...  Also possible the guy is really high on N'Keal.  I think it might be a steep climb for a rookie WR in the Pats offense...  Overall, a reasonable trade offer that could work for many teams.
He has Mahomes, Luck, and Watson. His highest scoring WR from last year was Calvin Ridley.

Okay, this is worthy of posting here....  12 Team Dynasty PPR....  I have received 21 offers from same owner in last 2 months (and I sent 10 counters). 

This is a case of trying for Quantity over Quality.... and I am just not buying what he is selling.  Now, I did sell him Mahomes a few weeks ago (Mayfield, Rivers, Tre'Quan S & (2) Firsts)

(# is free site dynasty trade value:  Give 3187 vs receive 1373) 

They offered:                                                                                            They wanted: 

Dixon, Kenneth BAL RB  (44)                                                                    Hunt, Kareem CLE RB  (767)

Martin, Doug OAK RB       (12)                                                                   Green, A.J. CIN WR    (1747) 

Benjamin, Travis LAC WR (6)                                                                     Njoku, David CLE TE   (673) 

Brown, John BUF WR          (142)                                                                   

Williams, Mike LAC WR       (1010)

Herndon, Chris NYJ TE     (158)
I hate these sort of offers for the most part. They think offering quantity over Quality gets a deal done. In most cases they are making you cut a guy or two maybe you'd have kept. I had an owner in fantasy baseball and football who does this constantly. Most of the offers are low ball and pretty bad. If you feel the need to offer more then one guy over what you are getting back you probably don't have the value I want to make a trade work. 

Maybe my view is in the minority but if I were in a dynasty and my team was 3-10 I wouldn't give up much for a 31yo WR going from one of the highest powered offenses to the NFL to oak(and I'm not even as down on Carr or Gruden as most people are). Maybe if I was 10-3 and considered myself a heavy favorite for the league championship and it was an exceptionally small league(8-10 teams) I might give up more.

Since we are on FBG let's just take their dynasty rankings on those players (AB = 24th pick) for (Harry = 39th pick + Luck = 44th pick). Plug those into Dodds pick value calculator and the 3-10 guy is giving up 1355 in value to get back 952 in value to get much older with a much shorter window of productivity. I understand that if that guys roster was stuffed with studs then one very good player is worth two good players but that doesn't sound like his situation. 

Just my take.

Just my take.
In a vacuum, most of that might be right. But here's the rest of the story.

In Zealots he can start 5 RBs and he's pretty loaded there with Chubb/Elliot/Henry/DJohnson/Lindsay.

But then he can only start 2 WRs. And his top scorer from last year is Calvin Ridley. So he loses a ton of points from those two slots.

As to the QBs, he started Luck twice and Watson ZERO. The rest went to Mahomes. And they will for the far future.

So Luck & Watson only have potential, not actual, value to him. New team or no, Brown is a huge upgrade for him at the WR position. If he can acquire it for the cost of a rookie and a guy he knows he's going to most likely get a zero from otherwise, it only makes sense to work on something he can agree on.

Otherwise, he can be an middling team that can take comfort in knowing he had Luck and/or Watson on his roster for a decade - and got backup points from them.

Was just offered Cousins, Goedert, D. Westbrook, T. Coleman & 2019 2nd round rookie pick for my Moore, Ingram & Golladay in dynasty PPR...

I Have Goff so not hurting for a QB1. (We start 1)
Sure, that offer is well short in a value sense but I'm not sure it's eregious enough for this thread - some decent pieces coming back. 

In a vacuum, most of that might be right. But here's the rest of the story.

In Zealots he can start 5 RBs and he's pretty loaded there with Chubb/Elliot/Henry/DJohnson/Lindsay.

But then he can only start 2 WRs. And his top scorer from last year is Calvin Ridley. So he loses a ton of points from those two slots.

As to the QBs, he started Luck twice and Watson ZERO. The rest went to Mahomes. And they will for the far future.

So Luck & Watson only have potential, not actual, value to him. New team or no, Brown is a huge upgrade for him at the WR position. If he can acquire it for the cost of a rookie and a guy he knows he's going to most likely get a zero from otherwise, it only makes sense to work on something he can agree on.

Otherwise, he can be an middling team that can take comfort in knowing he had Luck and/or Watson on his roster for a decade - and got backup points from them.
Man I just had flashbacks to last year reading that.  Watching Cam and Wilson rot on the Mahomes owner’s bench last year while he trotted out Tevin Coleman as his RB1 last year, while he spurned every single offer of mine that involved DHenry or Chubb “because Cam and Wilson score twice as many points as those clowns” just infuriated me. Nothing I did or said could make this guy see any differently. 

Good luck sir. 

That's not great but if that is the worst offer you have had you are doing well.
I don’t think people take the thread title literally. 

As far as the offer itself, he could’ve added a first round pick and it’s still not something I would accept. 

Not the worst but time to bump the thread.

DFWC orphan purchased this yr in serious rebuild mode.

I get
Robinson,Demarcus WR KC

I give:
2020 Rnd 1  (top 5 lock)

So I offer up DJ for Bell.

Guy says 'Bell is worth more than DJ'; counters with, DJ+Hock+ L Fitzgerald for Bell. 

I don't know if this counts or not but I needed to vent. Hard to get deals done in some leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I offer up DJ for Bell.

Guy says 'Bell is worth more than DJ'; counters with, DJ+Hock+ L Fitzgerald for Bell. 

I don't know if this counts or not but I needed to vent. Hard to get deals done in some leagues.
Classic case of someone overvaluing their own players. Equally as bad as the guy who is afraid of losing on a trade and only makes trades if they’re greatly in their favor. 

Team A gives
Ajayi, Jay FA* RB
Drake, Kenyan MIA RB
Conley, Chris JAC WR
Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A (late)
Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team C (mid to late)

Team B gives
Jacobs, Josh OAK RB
Chark, D.J. JAC WR
Gallup, Michael DAL WR
Year 2020 Round 4 Draft Pick from Team B (early to mid)

I like that he added my 4th coming back....you know....just to even it up.

I actually prefer Mahomes to Mayfield, Rivers Tre'Quan & two firsts.

I can't use both QBs and Tre'quan might be considered a waiver wire level asset.  I'd evaluate it as Mayfield and two firsts.  Obviously, the big variable is the picks.  Sounds good on paper.  Great if its a top pick.  More of a crap shoot if the picks are late first.  I've found that more than half of first round picks don't pan out.   Personally, I'm not sold on Baker and would go with bird in the hand.
QB value fluctuates more league to league then any other position. IN a 16 team superflex I'm in, Mahomes is far and away the single most valuable player in the league and that deal would qualify as an all time worst offer. IN a 12-14 team league, I can't turn a Goff into an RB2

FFPC, not the worst for sure but it is the season and i need to start somewhere.

Get  - 3.10 and a 2021 2nd 

Give - Calvin Ridley 

In September of 2019 this guy offered:

Get: Matt Ryan, Peyton Barber, and a very late 2020 2nd

Give: Amari Cooper and Miles Sanders. 

It's a 1 QB, full PPR league. I also own RoJo. 

This one made me laugh pretty hard. 14team Superflex and .25 points per carry league

I give: 1.2, 1.6 and Dede Westbrook 

I get: amari Cooper 

Earned the 1.2 as I’m trying a rebuild 

Andy Dufresne said:
So it begins...

1.01 for the 1.12 and 3.12.

C'mon man!
I like to counter offers like this with something more ridiculous back. Something like 1.12 for your 2023 third round pick. Really should send the right message to the person.

OK... woke up to this beauty this AM.... 

12 Team PPR 1/2/2/1 2 Flex Bonuses for yardage thresholds (300 Pass / 100 Rush / 100 Rec / 5 Rec)

Give up: Josh Allen Buff QB, Nick Chubb Clev RB, Devante Adams GB WR

I would recieve: NYG TE Engram, 1.06, 2.04 & 2021 2nd 

Considering I already have 3 Top 10 TE.... no value for me..

Users who are viewing this thread