Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
eakfootball

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered?

51 minutes ago, doowain said:

Not defending the offer, as it's terrible, but if the dude has 1.12 I doubt he's in over his head.

33 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That's a very aggravating aspect of this, to be sure.

Being able to make trades like that offer is why he was able to get the 1.12 in the first place....hahaha

FFPC, not the worst for sure but it is the season and i need to start somewhere.

Get  - 3.10 and a 2021 2nd 

Give - Calvin Ridley 

In September of 2019 this guy offered:

Get: Matt Ryan, Peyton Barber, and a very late 2020 2nd

Give: Amari Cooper and Miles Sanders. 

It's a 1 QB, full PPR league. I also own RoJo. 

Edited by mjb03003

50 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FFPC, not the worst for sure but it is the season and i need to start somewhere.

Get  - 3.10 and a 2021 2nd 

Give - Calvin Ridley 

WOW... And I got chastized for offering 1.11 & Ingram for Calvin Ridley when Ridley got hurt!  

This one made me laugh pretty hard. 14team Superflex and .25 points per carry league

I give: 1.2, 1.6 and Dede Westbrook 

I get: amari Cooper 

Earned the 1.2 as I’m trying a rebuild 

On 1/21/2020 at 6:07 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

So it begins...

1.01 for the 1.12 and 3.12.

C'mon man!

I like to counter offers like this with something more ridiculous back. Something like 1.12 for your 2023 third round pick. Really should send the right message to the person.

Edited by Gandalf
  • Like 1

Might have a top-5 entrant here. 

I get:

I give:

Saquon Barkley

Deebo Samuel

Sam Hubbard

The good part is the other owner said it is negotiable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Might have a top-5 entrant here. 

I get:

I give:

Saquon Barkley

Deebo Samuel

Sam Hubbard

The good part is the other owner said it is negotiable. 

That's breathtaking! :lol:

OK... woke up to this beauty this AM.... 

12 Team PPR 1/2/2/1 2 Flex Bonuses for yardage thresholds (300 Pass / 100 Rush / 100 Rec / 5 Rec)

Give up: Josh Allen Buff QB, Nick Chubb Clev RB, Devante Adams GB WR

I would recieve: NYG TE Engram, 1.06, 2.04 & 2021 2nd 

Considering I already have 3 Top 10 TE.... no value for me..

• Laughing 1

Just now, JohnnyU said:

Chub, Adams, Allen and it isn't close.

My only guess is they were trying to get a trade discussion underway... they also have 1.02  

18 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

My only guess is they were trying to get a trade discussion underway... they also have 1.02  

Sorry, I forgot what thread I was in

I give the 1.2 & 2.1

I get Alshon Jeffery, Marquez V-S, 2.7, 3.7

Who would possibly accept that?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I give the 1.2 & 2.1

2.7 and 3.7 is worth the 2.1 so it basically comes down to who you prefer, the proven talent or a questionable rookie who isn't even the best rookie in this class. 

• Laughing 1

I give the 1.2 & 2.1

What if I threw in Kalen Ballage, would that get it done? 

Edited by Ilov80s

I give the 1.2 & 2.1

You'd be surprised what I can accomplish after 4 beers :banned:

12 team league ppr league. I was just offered Ryan Tannehill, Sony Michelle and Julian Edelman for 1.03, 1.11 and 2.03. 🤣

2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

2.7 and 3.7 is worth the 2.1 so it basically comes down to who you prefer, the proven talent or a questionable rookie who isn't even the best rookie in this class. 

Jeffrey and MVS have certainly proven what they can do, I'll give you that.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I give the 1.2 & 2.1

That is the goal I suppose, to find that owner in your league.

Jeffrey is cut or traded I think. MVS got passed on the depth chart by Lazard.

I don't think I would give just pick 13 for all that.

• Like 1

I was just offered this is my 12 team PPR dynasty league:

Give: McLaurin

Get: 2.8 pick  

And the owner who had the 2.8 pick also has the 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, along with his 2.8 :lmao:

Got this one yesterday (sadly it may not be the worst offer I've ever received but it's up there):

I get:

Cole, Keelan JAC WR

Renfrow, Hunter LVR WR

Griffin, Ryan NYJ TE

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.01

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.05

I give:

Johnson, David ARI RB

Hurst, Hayden BAL TE

Chargers, Los Angeles LAC Def

Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.11

I'm honestly not sure I move any individual piece (including SD defense) for that entire package. The only player I'd value at all is Renfrow and his ceiling in a low end WR3.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Got this one yesterday (sadly it may not be the worst offer I've ever received but it's up there):

I get:

Cole, Keelan JAC WR

Renfrow, Hunter LVR WR

Griffin, Ryan NYJ TE

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.01

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.05

I give:

Johnson, David ARI RB

Hurst, Hayden BAL TE

Chargers, Los Angeles LAC Def

Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.11

I'm honestly not sure I move any individual piece (including SD defense) for that entire package. The only player I'd value at all is Renfrow and his ceiling in a low end WR3.

I get that DJ's value has fallen off a cliff and Hurst looks like a bust but this is a hilariously bad offer. 

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I get that DJ's value has fallen off a cliff and Hurst looks like a bust but this is a hilariously bad offer. 

I definitely realize DJ has risk but holding and hoping would be a better strategy than loading up on crap. The rumors about the Ravens making Hurst available and the Pats and Jags both being interested make him a hold also - this guy is a Pats fan so I'm sure he knows they have interest. I think he has talent but Andrews took the job and ran with it.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I definitely realize DJ has risk but holding and hoping would be a better strategy than loading up on crap. The rumors about the Ravens making Hurst available and the Pats and Jags both being interested make him a hold also - this guy is a Pats fan so I'm sure he knows they have interest. I think he has talent but Andrews took the job and ran with it.

And don't forget trading your 1st round pick for two 5th rounders lol 

• Laughing 1

Guy just took over an orphan team in my league and offered my friend the following ...

Mark Ingram 

for 

1.01, 1.11, 2.01 and 2021 1st rounder 😂

think he’s quickly  going to get a harsh dose of reality in how dynasty values work 

Edited by TartanLion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Hey Renfrow is a beast and he's going to finish as a top24 WR this year.  

This was a fun one to wake up to in full PPR

Davante Parker and 4.02 (my pick that I traded to this guy so obviously this is important)

for my

DJ Moore

4 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

This was a fun one to wake up to in full PPR

Davante Parker and 4.02 (my pick that I traded to this guy so obviously this is important)

for my

DJ Moore

That's not bad. Just pointless.

7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That's not bad. Just pointless.

For a top5-10 dynasty WR you'd offer someone in the WR30+ range?  That's not bad?  Yikes, I'd hate to deal with you

11 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

For a top5-10 dynasty WR you'd offer someone in the WR30+ range?  That's not bad?  Yikes, I'd hate to deal with you

Some people are extrapolating Parker based on the second half of last year, where he was significantly better than the year long cumulative.

I'm not saying I'd take the deal, just that it's not obviously awful.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 9:44 AM, TartanLion said:

Guy just took over an orphan team in my league and offered my friend the following ...

Mark Ingram 

for 

1.01, 1.11, 2.01 and 2021 1st rounder 😂

think he’s quickly  going to get a harsh dose of reality in how dynasty values work 

So Ingram for four or five 1sts. Good deal for him 😉

4 minutes ago, Edgar said:

So Ingram for four or five 1sts. Good deal for him 😉

My mate was offered Ingram, don’t think he dignified him with a response beyond an automatic reject 😂

Got this one yesterday

Grier, Will CAR QB
Gordon, Melvin LAC RB
Ingram, Mark BAL RB
Miller, Lamar HOU RB
Williams, Preston MIA WR
Doyle, Jack IND TE

for

Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB
Swift, D'Andre FA RB
Taylor, Jonathan FA RB
Hooper, Austin ATL TE

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

On 2/2/2020 at 1:03 PM, Birdie048 said:

OK... woke up to this beauty this AM.... 

12 Team PPR 1/2/2/1 2 Flex Bonuses for yardage thresholds (300 Pass / 100 Rush / 100 Rec / 5 Rec)

Give up: Josh Allen Buff QB, Nick Chubb Clev RB, Devante Adams GB WR

I would recieve: NYG TE Engram, 1.06, 2.04 & 2021 2nd 

Considering I already have 3 Top 10 TE.... no value for me..

Well obviously with 3 top 10 tes you loooove stockpiling tes, right? Makes perfect sense:) 

I first read this as “2 flex bonuses for yardage thresholds” and thought that was a cool idea, having the flex spots have different scoring than the other positions. 

When you get a ludicrous offer does it make you think the other guy is an idiot or does it make you wonder if he thinks that you're not the most sophisticated owner in the league?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jacksonke1 said:

When you get a ludicrous offer does it make you think the other guy is an idiot or does it make you wonder if he thinks that you're not the most sophisticated owner in the league?

It depends. In the league where I posted that last trade offer above, I was in the Championship game the last two seasons winning one of them so I doubt the other owner thinks I'm clueless. He notoriously over values his own players and he seemed to legitimately think Renfrow was worth a late first. 

I think some people just don't really think some offers through and just throw stuff out there. 

Edited by Dr. Octopus

12 minutes ago, Jacksonke1 said:

If it's a truly bad offer I usually just assume I've found the Spammy-Owner that throws a bunch of garbage around fishing for the clueless owners.

• Like 1

When I get a really bad offer I generally just reject and let them know why I think it was a poor offer. If we aren't even remotely close on value in a trade I usually don't waste my time hoping we can reach an agreement because 99% of the time we just value what is being traded so differently that it will never work.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jacksonke1 said:

Well, it is often dependent on who is sending the offer.... sometimes, people make an offer to start a dialogue on a player they are interested in and start low with the idea you might counter with something they are eagerly willing to pay.  

If they do it repeatedly....  I reject and say "Pass, not worth it for me" or something along those lines.  I find it better to not insult league mates with the expectation of wanting to deal with them later.  But sometimes, it needs to be said that their offer was way off base.  And if they have wild values for a player, you can just say you don't see it the same and move on.  The best take away from this I get is that if they have a wildly high value for a mediocre player, they might be low on a player I value and I look for that as an opportunity to make a deal.  But this is not the norm.... 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jacksonke1 said:

I just think he’s an idiot at fantasy football. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

I win. Was just offered the 1.15 for Christian McCaffrey. 

WOW!  That almost deserves it's own thread!  Just to post what NOT TO DO IN TRADE OFFERS!  

1 hour ago, Jacksonke1 said:

I think he assumes I'm an idiot in which case I'm insulted and yell at them in the comments in some way.  

Example would be:  How can you possibly think this is close?  A topX player for a bottom50 ranked player and you expect me accept?

I try to not be mean about bad trade offers but I also want to be clear that something is a bad offer because I don't want to encourage an owner to come to me with bad offer after bad offer. A weak offer, we might be able to do something with. I plain old lopsided offer, don't waste my time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Well, it is often dependent on who is sending the offer.... sometimes, people make an offer to start a dialogue on a player they are interested in and start low with the idea you might counter with something they are eagerly willing to pay.  

If they do it repeatedly....  I reject and say "Pass, not worth it for me" or something along those lines.  I find it better to not insult league mates with the expectation of wanting to deal with them later.  But sometimes, it needs to be said that their offer was way off base.  And if they have wild values for a player, you can just say you don't see it the same and move on.  The best take away from this I get is that if they have a wildly high value for a mediocre player, they might be low on a player I value and I look for that as an opportunity to make a deal.  But this is not the norm.... 

I agree this happens a lot (misaligned value on middle tier type players) however, my experience has shown that once I show interest in a player that the other owner doesn't value highly that player immediately jumps up to first round talent and becomes impossible to pry away...….even though the other owner doesn't value that player as much.  But since I do he must be missing something and will now hold on tight. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

In a startup from last year there is one owner that is spammy as heck and his offers are always terrible. So much so that people have complained to the commish and I called him out once. Stuff like his 1.10 and 2.10 for the 1.01. 

But. After getting publicly called out, and I assume because he was trolling us, he started putting out message board posts and trade offers with messages talking about how he has kittens to give away at his house. It's an FFPC league we don't know each other. But as worst trade offers go, how about a 7th rounder for a 7th rounder *and* a kitten if you're willing to make it happen.

Edited by barackdhouse

2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

In a startup from last year there is one owner that is spammy as heck and his offers are always terrible. So much so that people have complained to the commish and I called him out once. Stuff like his 1.10 and 2.10 for the 1.01. 

But. After getting publicly called out, and I assume because he was trolling us, he started putting out message board posts and trade offers with messages talking about how he has kittens to give away at his house. It's an FFPC league we don't know each other. But as worst trade offers go, how about a 7th rounder for a 7th rounder *and* a kitten if you're willing to make it happen.

Does the "kitten" take a roster spot?  

• Thinking 1

4 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

What position does the kitten play?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So this is a multi-year achievement. I've been in the league for 3 years. 

Year 1 

I give-Diggs

I get-Crowder, late first in a 16 team league.

QUOTE "Hi-please no counters as this is a over pay as it is. I’m a huge life long vikes fan."

Pretty bad offer but it's the quote that really makes it special.

Year 2

I give-Diggs

I get-Josh, Adams, Robert Foster, Jamie Collins, 2019 1st (late in a 16 team league)

QUOTE"

hi-whether you want this or not it is an overpay. I am in win now only mode and a Vikes lifelong fan otherwise I am getting beat.

the 1st round pick in deep league very valuable

Adams is loved in philly organization and will be early down/goal line back going forward.

Foster is a little known name but he is line to be bills #2 wr at the worst. he has chemistry with allen the qb

Collins is as steady as they come LB Idp

as always thanks for your time and if any reply. if known ok too-later"

I told him it wasn't in the ballpark and he proceeded to tell me I overvalued my players and was a very difficult person to trade with. He also assures me he's quitting after this year and just wants his favorite player.

Year 3

I give-Mike Evans

I get-Crowder, Tre'Quan Smith, Hollister, 4th rounder....in 2022.

Sadly, no sales pitch this year. He's made a few other offers as well, but those are the highlights.

PS-part of what makes the first 2 so bad is it was halfway through the year and he wants me trade one of my best wrs for a late first, meanwhile I’m in position to get a bye in the playoffs but have virtually no depth.

Edited by voiceofunreason
  • Like 2
  • Love 2