What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (1 Viewer)

12 team league ppr league. I was just offered Ryan Tannehill, Sony Michelle and Julian Edelman for 1.03, 1.11 and 2.03. 🤣

I was just offered this is my 12 team PPR dynasty league:

Give: McLaurin

Get: 2.8 pick  

And the owner who had the 2.8 pick also has the 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, along with his 2.8  :lmao:

Got this one yesterday (sadly it may not be the worst offer I've ever received but it's up there):

I get:

Cole, Keelan JAC WR

Renfrow, Hunter LVR WR

Griffin, Ryan NYJ TE

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.01

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.05

I give:

Johnson, David ARI RB

Hurst, Hayden BAL TE

Chargers, Los Angeles LAC Def

Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.11

I'm honestly not sure I move any individual piece (including SD defense) for that entire package. The only player I'd value at all is Renfrow and his ceiling in a low end WR3.

Got this one yesterday (sadly it may not be the worst offer I've ever received but it's up there):

I get:

Cole, Keelan JAC WR

Renfrow, Hunter LVR WR

Griffin, Ryan NYJ TE

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.01

Year 2020 Draft Pick 5.05

I give:

Johnson, David ARI RB

Hurst, Hayden BAL TE

Chargers, Los Angeles LAC Def

Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.11

I'm honestly not sure I move any individual piece (including SD defense) for that entire package. The only player I'd value at all is Renfrow and his ceiling in a low end WR3.
I get that DJ's value has fallen off a cliff and Hurst looks like a bust but this is a hilariously bad offer. 

I get that DJ's value has fallen off a cliff and Hurst looks like a bust but this is a hilariously bad offer. 
I definitely realize DJ has risk but holding and hoping would be a better strategy than loading up on crap. The rumors about the Ravens making Hurst available and the Pats and Jags both being interested make him a hold also - this guy is a Pats fan so I'm sure he knows they have interest. I think he has talent but Andrews took the job and ran with it.

I definitely realize DJ has risk but holding and hoping would be a better strategy than loading up on crap. The rumors about the Ravens making Hurst available and the Pats and Jags both being interested make him a hold also - this guy is a Pats fan so I'm sure he knows they have interest. I think he has talent but Andrews took the job and ran with it.
And don't forget trading your 1st round pick for two 5th rounders lol 

Guy just took over an orphan team in my league and offered my friend the following ...

Mark Ingram 

for 

1.01, 1.11, 2.01 and 2021 1st rounder 😂

think he’s quickly  going to get a harsh dose of reality in how dynasty values work 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Renfrow is a beast and he's going to finish as a top24 WR this year.  

This was a fun one to wake up to in full PPR

Davante Parker and 4.02 (my pick that I traded to this guy so obviously this is important)

for my

DJ Moore

For a top5-10 dynasty WR you'd offer someone in the WR30+ range?  That's not bad?  Yikes, I'd hate to deal with you
Some people are extrapolating Parker based on the second half of last year, where he was significantly better than the year long cumulative.

I'm not saying I'd take the deal, just that it's not obviously awful.

Guy just took over an orphan team in my league and offered my friend the following ...

Mark Ingram 

for 

1.01, 1.11, 2.01 and 2021 1st rounder 😂

think he’s quickly  going to get a harsh dose of reality in how dynasty values work 
So Ingram for four or five 1sts. Good deal for him 😉

Got this one yesterday

Grier, Will CAR QB
Gordon, Melvin LAC RB
Ingram, Mark BAL RB
Miller, Lamar HOU RB
Williams, Preston MIA WR
Doyle, Jack IND TE

for

Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB
Swift, D'Andre FA RB
Taylor, Jonathan FA RB
Hooper, Austin ATL TE

OK... woke up to this beauty this AM.... 

12 Team PPR 1/2/2/1 2 Flex Bonuses for yardage thresholds (300 Pass / 100 Rush / 100 Rec / 5 Rec)

Give up: Josh Allen Buff QB, Nick Chubb Clev RB, Devante Adams GB WR

I would recieve: NYG TE Engram, 1.06, 2.04 & 2021 2nd 

Considering I already have 3 Top 10 TE.... no value for me..
Well obviously with 3 top 10 tes you loooove stockpiling tes, right? Makes perfect sense:) 

I first read this as “2 flex bonuses for yardage thresholds” and thought that was a cool idea, having the flex spots have different scoring than the other positions. 

When you get a ludicrous offer does it make you think the other guy is an idiot or does it make you wonder if he thinks that you're not the most sophisticated owner in the league?

When you get a ludicrous offer does it make you think the other guy is an idiot or does it make you wonder if he thinks that you're not the most sophisticated owner in the league?
It depends. In the league where I posted that last trade offer above, I was in the Championship game the last two seasons winning one of them so I doubt the other owner thinks I'm clueless. He notoriously over values his own players and he seemed to legitimately think Renfrow was worth a late first. 

I think some people just don't really think some offers through and just throw stuff out there. 

If it's a truly bad offer I usually just assume I've found the Spammy-Owner that throws a bunch of garbage around fishing for the clueless owners.

When I get a really bad offer I generally just reject and let them know why I think it was a poor offer. If we aren't even remotely close on value in a trade I usually don't waste my time hoping we can reach an agreement because 99% of the time we just value what is being traded so differently that it will never work.

Well, it is often dependent on who is sending the offer.... sometimes, people make an offer to start a dialogue on a player they are interested in and start low with the idea you might counter with something they are eagerly willing to pay.  

If they do it repeatedly....  I reject and say "Pass, not worth it for me" or something along those lines.  I find it better to not insult league mates with the expectation of wanting to deal with them later.  But sometimes, it needs to be said that their offer was way off base.  And if they have wild values for a player, you can just say you don't see it the same and move on.  The best take away from this I get is that if they have a wildly high value for a mediocre player, they might be low on a player I value and I look for that as an opportunity to make a deal.  But this is not the norm.... 

I think he assumes I'm an idiot in which case I'm insulted and yell at them in the comments in some way.  

Example would be:  How can you possibly think this is close?  A topX player for a bottom50 ranked player and you expect me accept?

I try to not be mean about bad trade offers but I also want to be clear that something is a bad offer because I don't want to encourage an owner to come to me with bad offer after bad offer. A weak offer, we might be able to do something with. I plain old lopsided offer, don't waste my time.

Well, it is often dependent on who is sending the offer.... sometimes, people make an offer to start a dialogue on a player they are interested in and start low with the idea you might counter with something they are eagerly willing to pay.  

If they do it repeatedly....  I reject and say "Pass, not worth it for me" or something along those lines.  I find it better to not insult league mates with the expectation of wanting to deal with them later.  But sometimes, it needs to be said that their offer was way off base.  And if they have wild values for a player, you can just say you don't see it the same and move on.  The best take away from this I get is that if they have a wildly high value for a mediocre player, they might be low on a player I value and I look for that as an opportunity to make a deal.  But this is not the norm.... 
I agree this happens a lot (misaligned value on middle tier type players) however, my experience has shown that once I show interest in a player that the other owner doesn't value highly that player immediately jumps up to first round talent and becomes impossible to pry away...….even though the other owner doesn't value that player as much.  But since I do he must be missing something and will now hold on tight. 

In a startup from last year there is one owner that is spammy as heck and his offers are always terrible. So much so that people have complained to the commish and I called him out once. Stuff like his 1.10 and 2.10 for the 1.01. 

But. After getting publicly called out, and I assume because he was trolling us, he started putting out message board posts and trade offers with messages talking about how he has kittens to give away at his house. It's an FFPC league we don't know each other. But as worst trade offers go, how about a 7th rounder for a 7th rounder *and* a kitten if you're willing to make it happen.

In a startup from last year there is one owner that is spammy as heck and his offers are always terrible. So much so that people have complained to the commish and I called him out once. Stuff like his 1.10 and 2.10 for the 1.01. 

But. After getting publicly called out, and I assume because he was trolling us, he started putting out message board posts and trade offers with messages talking about how he has kittens to give away at his house. It's an FFPC league we don't know each other. But as worst trade offers go, how about a 7th rounder for a 7th rounder *and* a kitten if you're willing to make it happen.
Does the "kitten" take a roster spot?  

What position does the kitten play?

So this is a multi-year achievement. I've been in the league for 3 years. 

Year 1 

I give-Diggs

I get-Crowder, late first in a 16 team league.

QUOTE "Hi-please no counters as this is a over pay as it is. I’m a huge life long vikes fan."

Pretty bad offer but it's the quote that really makes it special.

Year 2

I give-Diggs

I get-Josh, Adams, Robert Foster, Jamie Collins, 2019 1st (late in a 16 team league)

QUOTE"

hi-whether you want this or not it is an overpay. I am in win now only mode and a Vikes lifelong fan otherwise I am getting beat.

the 1st round pick in deep league very valuable

Adams is loved in philly organization and will be early down/goal line back going forward.

Foster is a little known name but he is line to be bills #2 wr at the worst. he has chemistry with allen the qb

Collins is as steady as they come LB Idp

as always thanks for your time and if any reply. if known ok too-later"

I told him it wasn't in the ballpark and he proceeded to tell me I overvalued my players and was a very difficult person to trade with. He also assures me he's quitting after this year and just wants his favorite player.

Year 3

I give-Mike Evans

I get-Crowder, Tre'Quan Smith, Hollister, 4th rounder....in 2022.

Sadly, no sales pitch this year. He's made a few other offers as well, but those are the highlights.

PS-part of what makes the first 2 so bad is it was halfway through the year and he wants me trade one of my best wrs for a late first, meanwhile I’m in position to get a bye in the playoffs but have virtually no depth.

Hopefully the mb police won't mind me straying a bit here:

This one is a little different, more of a worst response to a decent offer or what not to do when u take over a tm and want to build relationships with other owners. FPC, new owner(s) for orphan team immediately announces they r open for biz and listed some players available like kamara, mahomes, the 1.1 etc.  I emailed expressing interest in 1.1\Mahomes and asking them to lmk who they r interested which they do not do in their reply (other than mentioning fant).

So I offer D. Henry, S. Diggs and Njoku for 1.1 and Mahomes and got this reply

"Thank you for the offer, its a one sided offer (DLF calc) that Im gonna pass on. Id counter but I really have no interest in those guys except a little bit of Diggs. If Im giving up the prizes Im gonna be on the top end of a fair deal. You cant get the QB1 in dynasty and a stud back for a beat up RB with no home, a WR2 and a TE thats a whatever. Again thanks for the offer, LMK if you have any ideas!"

I dont claim this was a great offer and we all value players differently but it was a decent starting point and not worthy of ridicule. He is flat out wrong re the dlf trade calc (both it & dtc have him ahead). They don't have a bad tm but r really thin at rb and really need wr help and I have a strong relatively deep tm and could have helped him with both.

I replied back "relatively" politely re actual calc values and told them if they thought this was a low ball ridicule worthy offer i won't be sending anymore but best of luck, no hard feelings and they should feel free to send me an offer anytime. I may have over reacted a bit but sometimes i feel a little slap in the head can be constructive.

Thats fine Andy, I typically don't make offers where I think my side is losing.

Point i was trying to make is they never told me the guys they were interested in and then when i make the first offer they trash it and dont give me any (much) real information.

Were it reversed I would have replied with something along the lines of "tx for the offer, not interested in henry, but i do kinda like diggs or m. sanders, chubb, hunt, aj brown, gallup, cooper, dj moore, fant etc etc" instead they trash the offer and leave me in the dark. Sort of the anti "win friends and influence people" imho but  to each his own I guess.

NE_REVIVAL said:
Hopefully the mb police won't mind me straying a bit here:

This one is a little different, more of a worst response to a decent offer or what not to do when u take over a tm and want to build relationships with other owners. FPC, new owner(s) for orphan team immediately announces they r open for biz and listed some players available like kamara, mahomes, the 1.1 etc.  I emailed expressing interest in 1.1\Mahomes and asking them to lmk who they r interested which they do not do in their reply (other than mentioning fant).

So I offer D. Henry, S. Diggs and Njoku for 1.1 and Mahomes and got this reply

"Thank you for the offer, its a one sided offer (DLF calc) that Im gonna pass on. Id counter but I really have no interest in those guys except a little bit of Diggs. If Im giving up the prizes Im gonna be on the top end of a fair deal. You cant get the QB1 in dynasty and a stud back for a beat up RB with no home, a WR2 and a TE thats a whatever. Again thanks for the offer, LMK if you have any ideas!"

I dont claim this was a great offer and we all value players differently but it was a decent starting point and not worthy of ridicule. He is flat out wrong re the dlf trade calc (both it & dtc have him ahead). They don't have a bad tm but r really thin at rb and really need wr help and I have a strong relatively deep tm and could have helped him with both.

I replied back "relatively" politely re actual calc values and told them if they thought this was a low ball ridicule worthy offer i won't be sending anymore but best of luck, no hard feelings and they should feel free to send me an offer anytime. I may have over reacted a bit but sometimes i feel a little slap in the head can be constructive.
Honestly I think you're reading into it too much and I do think you over-reacted. I don't see his response as all that harsh (albeit he was obviously downplaying Henry more than he should). I'm not seeing ridicule just him playing the game of negotiating, even of it's a bit disingenuously. 

I don't think your offer was all that bad either.

I don't think he was ridiculing all that much. He rather accurately IMO described each guy's situation. Regardless of what a calculator might say, I don't think your offer was close either. Sorry. :shrug:
I agree with the first part of your response - I do not agree that his offer was not at least close. Henry and the 1.01 are pretty close imo (although I realize the markey will over-inflate the pick value) and then we're down to Diggs and Njokou for Mahomes. I'd favor Mahomes there but even the "best" Qb in a start one QB league loses value just based on supply and demand. I wouldn't take that offer but I wouldn't even feel close to being insulted by it.

I agree with the first part of your response - I do not agree that his offer was not at least close. Henry and the 1.01 are pretty close imo (although I realize the markey will over-inflate the pick value) and then we're down to Diggs and Njokou for Mahomes. I'd favor Mahomes there but even the "best" Qb in a start one QB league loses value just based on supply and demand. I wouldn't take that offer but I wouldn't even feel close to being insulted by it.
Considering that Njoku is a zero, it's Henry and Diggs for the 1.1 and Mahomes. That's not insulting, but is an easy reject.

I agree with the others that his reaction wasn't so bad. I don't care much for traders that *only* do a deal if they think they are getting one up on their partner. The idea of a mutually beneficial trade is beyond them. 

I wouldn't move the 1.01 and Mahomes for that. I don't think it's a bad starting offer though. I'm a big Henry fan and much less so for Diggs. I have some faith in Njoku but he doesn't move anything here.

As for asking him who he is interested in, I personally don't always like answering those questions. If I'm the one shopping Mahomes and 1.01, though, I'll probably make it clear to the whole league what I'm trying to get. Some people start with the spamming as soon as you mention a name. Depends on the owner and situation though. 

I was offered the following the other day in a 14 team SF PPR league where the start up draft is still going:

Give Juju

Get Jameis Winston

Additional context: I'm light at QB (Wilson and Fitz as starters) and the guy offering Winston literally has 8 QBs, he has tried to hoard the position and will undoubtedly have the 1.01 next year. I traded up to select Juju at the top of the 3rd, Winston was selected later that round. I snap declined and told the owner that if I had wanted Winston, I would've picked him instead of literally choosing Juju instead.

His response "LOL of course. I think the landscape has shifted though". Queue my Dr Evil face, RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT...

I was offered the following the other day in a 14 team SF PPR league where the start up draft is still going:

Give Juju

Get Jameis Winston

Additional context: I'm light at QB (Wilson and Fitz as starters) and the guy offering Winston literally has 8 QBs, he has tried to hoard the position and will undoubtedly have the 1.01 next year. I traded up to select Juju at the top of the 3rd, Winston was selected later that round. I snap declined and told the owner that if I had wanted Winston, I would've picked him instead of literally choosing Juju instead.

His response "LOL of course. I think the landscape has shifted though". Queue my Dr Evil face, RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT...
In Superflex I think that is a fair offer with the note that Winston returns to Tampa.  If he moves on I would need to know landing spot.

The reason this is bad is because Winston went after your pick in a startup.  The landscape surely hadn't shifted unless I missed something.

Considering that Njoku is a zero, it's Henry and Diggs for the 1.1 and Mahomes. That's not insulting, but is an easy reject.
This is pretty close to right on the money, even if Njoku is not a zero.  Furthermore, the guy's response was fine.  And further-furthermore, I am currently struggling with a green fly in one of my leagues so much that I might start publishing his offers, his team name, as well as his actual name, phone number and possibly fingerprints if I can get my hands on them.  So this whole negotiation by comparison seems totally reasonable.  Thanks for reading.  

This kind of does not belong here in terms of pure value. I've seen people post far worse deals and even been offered worse but this context of this trade kinda got me as insulting.

This is an FFPC league that is 7 years old, it's NOT superflex.  For past 6 years my team has been top 2 at least, for I think past 3 years the team making me this offer has been at least the other top 2 team and finally won it last year. We've  been each other's main comp for last 3 years and I project that to continue.

The main difference maker my team has over his is I got Mahomes, he currently has Brees.

He offered me 1.12 and Brees for Mahomes.

Again I've seen worse and yes understand in a one QB league their value is depressed but figured after all these years of competing I deserved a little more respect for him to not think I'd be so stupid to send my main competitor what is arguably my biggest difference maker between our teams for basically pick 12.

Also as a side note,  I can see a case for Lamar, but  I don't trust his style for longevity as much and as such IMO since FFPC dynasty started I've never valued a QB as high as I do Mahomes.

I think people really understate things when they talk about QBs  being less important in start one leagues. That might be true after you get past the top couple difference makers. But Mahomes and Jackson are definitely very valuable.

Brees is likely quit after this year so it's really the 1.12 and a rental for Mahomes. No thanks.

Well, I feel this was my fault.  I asked about Miles Sanders....  Owner said "Looking to move 1 RB for a Top WR"  In a Start 1 RB league (1 Flex PPR), he has a surplus of RB and his best WR = Hilton.   They have J Jacobs, D Cooks, M Sanders & D Singletary (plus Mattison & D Haris).  I have Chubb & ...... nothing of value.... 

I offered Lockett "even" thinking it was a good starting point... or might need a little nudge like a late 2nd.  He needs WR.  He has a surplus of starting caliber RB's he can't use. 

The Counter Offer I recieved:  

I get Miles Sanders & D Geodert

I give D Adams, Preston Williams, D Waller and a 2nd Round (late)

NOTE:  "Lockett is not a Top 25 WR.  He won't see 50 targets in 2020.  Sanders > DA alone so you need to sweeten it up."

I guess we just have a difference of opinion on value....  

Users who are viewing this thread