What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (4 Viewers)

I don't think locket is real close and neither is the counter. As a sanders owner in 2 lgs i can say he is 1 of if not the most sought out trade target in both lgs. Adams alone would be an overpay but an overpay is probably what it would take to get sanders away from me at this point. Maybe im crazy but if I were rb needy and wr heavy i would consider sanders for adams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think locket is real close and neither is the counter. As a sanders owner in 2 lgs i can say he is 1 of if not the most sought out trade target in both lgs. Adams alone would be an overpay but an overpay is probably what it would take to get sanders away from me at this point. Maybe im crazy but if I were rb needy and wr heavy i would consider sanders for adams.
Appreciate the feedback and input.  But if you were shopping Sanders, what would you take for him if he was on your Bench?  While I agree Sanders > Lockett when you consider his position of RB surplus and fact he is shopping RB's, it was not a horrible offer (IMO as I made it).  He would be giving up a Bench player RB for a Starting WR1.  The trade value of each is only an early-2nd apart, most rankings have them about Sanders #27 and Locket #39 and D Adams as Top 8 Overall. 

The part that sent me to post here was his claim that Sanders > D Adams and I had to sweeten the deal.  Hey, I like Sanders and I would like to get him.  But to overpay when he is in need of WR help is a tough sell. 

Birdie048 said:
Appreciate the feedback and input.  But if you were shopping Sanders, what would you take for him if he was on your Bench?  While I agree Sanders > Lockett when you consider his position of RB surplus and fact he is shopping RB's, it was not a horrible offer (IMO as I made it).  He would be giving up a Bench player RB for a Starting WR1.  The trade value of each is only an early-2nd apart, most rankings have them about Sanders #27 and Locket #39 and D Adams as Top 8 Overall. 

The part that sent me to post here was his claim that Sanders > D Adams and I had to sweeten the deal.  Hey, I like Sanders and I would like to get him.  But to overpay when he is in need of WR help is a tough sell. 
I agree Adams should be able to get it done (and then some) but I wouldn't bother countering if you had sent me an offer with Lockett. I like him but I would not move him for Sanders. 

Birdie048 said:

I own Sanders in a few leagues as well.  Lockett would be enough if you're adding mid 1st value on top.  He's a depreciating asset.  Good for highlights, super efficient, good WR2, but gets pushed down boards rather easily because they have a young stud WR looking like he's about to take over #1 duty and Lockett himself is soon to be 28 (at seasons start).  Not that it's a bad thing, but I can see an owner shying away from trading for Lockett pretty easily due to the age difference between Sanders and Lockett.  You keep your team younger and more valuable with a RB rather than an aged vet WR.  In a year's time Lockett will be WR40 in startups at best, and Sanders at worst will be RB20.  

Lockett might be a piece that allows a team to get better for sure, but it's not worth the downgrade in future value IMO.  So you need future value on top.  I'd probably settle for 1.10 and Sanders, but that'd be my minimum I think.  If you don't have a late 1st, it would take someone like Ekeler/Hunt/Mack on top of Lockett for me to give up Sanders.  

Birdie048 said:

I agree that sanders is not > adams. However I’m not a big Lockett guy so thats not close for me regardless of his perceived value. I also think that even when trading for need u should try to get full value.  Having said that, going into this yr I think Cook is his only clear starter over sanders. So While I completely understand not wanting to give Adams for him, as a sanders owners there aren’t many wrs I would trade him for. I agree w u that Adams>Sanders but prbly think it is closer than u do. It’s all good I understand ur side n as a sanders owner was just trying to give the other side.

I think the guy in my league has been trying to trade Lockett for over a year and there isn't much interest. I agree that most see him as an asset declining in value so the owners holding him need to either hang on or be willing to discount him to move him.

The Gurley thing must be making people insane.  This kind of #### has been rolling in all night.

FFPC 12 team TE-premium dyno (not superflex):

I give  Mark Andrews and Todd Gurley

I get   the 2020 1.12,  a 2021 2nd and Drew Lock & Will Dissley (in other words, 2 cuts)

My response:  C'mon man

hunter1 said:
No, that's a horrible offer.  Beckham is like 28 and hasn't tried in 3-4 years.
I can understand hoping for a return like this on someone like Beckham, but it’s not going to happen. He could easily have a randy moss type revival though. 

hunter1 said:
No, that's a horrible offer.  Beckham is like 28 and hasn't tried in 3-4 years.
That’s not even close to horrible. I may even accept it - and I’m some one that just traded OBJ away. Those picks are far from sure things.

Hopefully the mb police won't mind me straying a bit here:

This one is a little different, more of a worst response to a decent offer or what not to do when u take over a tm and want to build relationships with other owners. FPC, new owner(s) for orphan team immediately announces they r open for biz and listed some players available like kamara, mahomes, the 1.1 etc.  I emailed expressing interest in 1.1\Mahomes and asking them to lmk who they r interested which they do not do in their reply (other than mentioning fant).

So I offer D. Henry, S. Diggs and Njoku for 1.1 and Mahomes and got this reply

"Thank you for the offer, its a one sided offer (DLF calc) that Im gonna pass on. Id counter but I really have no interest in those guys except a little bit of Diggs. If Im giving up the prizes Im gonna be on the top end of a fair deal. You cant get the QB1 in dynasty and a stud back for a beat up RB with no home, a WR2 and a TE thats a whatever. Again thanks for the offer, LMK if you have any ideas!"

I dont claim this was a great offer and we all value players differently but it was a decent starting point and not worthy of ridicule. He is flat out wrong re the dlf trade calc (both it & dtc have him ahead). They don't have a bad tm but r really thin at rb and really need wr help and I have a strong relatively deep tm and could have helped him with both.

I replied back "relatively" politely re actual calc values and told them if they thought this was a low ball ridicule worthy offer i won't be sending anymore but best of luck, no hard feelings and they should feel free to send me an offer anytime. I may have over reacted a bit but sometimes i feel a little slap in the head can be constructive.
I too thought it was a lousy offer by you

Just got this FFPC offer in my inbox

Johnson, Diontae
2021 4th Round 
2020 Pick 3.05 
2020 Pick 3.09
2020 Pick 4.09
2021 4th Round 

For

Evans, Mike

Oy

This offseason's worst offer came today. This is TE premium PPR league, mind you, but still. Austin Hooper - who finished TE3 last year - for my 1.6 pick in the draft. In this draft? GTFO. 

This offseason's worst offer came today. This is TE premium PPR league, mind you, but still. Austin Hooper - who finished TE3 last year - for my 1.6 pick in the draft. In this draft? GTFO. 
I would take Hooper for 1.6 in TE premium.

I would take Hooper for 1.6 in TE premium.
Hooper finished 46th overall in average points in the league. He slotted between Chris Carson and Cooper Kupp, for perspective.

At 1.6, I likely have the alternative at RB, QB, or WR depending on how the draft breaks. I'd rather have the QB2, RB2, or WR2 in this draft than Hooper. 

Hooper finished 46th overall in average points in the league. He slotted between Chris Carson and Cooper Kupp, for perspective.

At 1.6, I likely have the alternative at RB, QB, or WR depending on how the draft breaks. I'd rather have the QB2, RB2, or WR2 in this draft than Hooper. 
You know the scoring rules in your league better than me, but when I hear TE premium I would do trade 1.6 for Hooper in most TE premium leagues.

Yes well superflex te premium is different than “te premium” and would change value of the pick involved a lot, and I’d agree a little more with you, especially since he just went to Cleveland. So in that context, sure, it’s a light offer. 

We can debate Guice's worth and his injury history but don't know anyone giving him up for these kind of prices. This offer even included a paragraph long sales pitch on why  I should take the deal and that they are only offering because they are Skins fans:

Give: Guice and Bryce Love

Get: 2021 third

We can debate Guice's worth and his injury history but don't know anyone giving him up for these kind of prices. This offer even included a paragraph long sales pitch on why  I should take the deal and that they are only offering because they are Skins fans:

I don’t think I’d trade Bryce love for a 2021 3.

I’d counter back with just Love. 

I first read it as a 2020 3rd and thought the giver was getting screwed. But 2021?  That's just a classic Roman soldier helmet with the old #### n balls.

A better offer would have been 1.05 and 1.11 for Henry and the 3.03.  Yes, that was a bad offer, but certainly not in the ball park of tar and feathering. 
Agreed, far from the worst but imho pretty silly to want Henry and the 1.11 for the 1.5 and the thread needed bump anyway. 

Low Baller offered 1.7,2.14 and Gurley for Dalvin Cook.

He has (4 )1st rnd picks.

2 y ears ago L.Bell and Gurley each were traded for (4) 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread