What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (7 Viewers)

Been at this game a long time, but I don't remember one worse:  I was offered Adam Humphries and a 2021 2nd for Hopkins.  Scored out at 2966-183 on the dynasty trade calculator I use.   Some people weren't meant to play this game . . .
This is what I don't understand. You know the trade offer sucks, so why even mention the dynasty trade calculator information? 

I have people telling me they don't want to take my trade offer and then they quote their trade calculator data. I don't care. You don't want to accept my offer, make a counter or I'll just move on. Or they make a trade offer to me and tell me how even the deal is according to their trade calculator. Again, I don't care. If I like the deal, I'll accept it. If I don't, I'll reject it and I may counter it. 

Does your trade calculator take into account the makeup of each of our rosters or how difficult it is to acquire certain positions in the league? I don't think it does. 

Rant over.

PPR. Yeah, okay guy.

Get

Ahmed, Salvon MIA RB

Mostert, Raheem SFO RB

Patrick, Tim DEN WR

Clowney, Jadeveon TEN DE

Judon, Matt BAL LB

Miller, Von DEN LB

Jackson, Kareem DEN S

Give

Chubb, Nick CLE RB

Proche, James BAL WR

Young, Chase WAS DE

Andy Dufresne said:
PPR. Yeah, okay guy.

Get

Ahmed, Salvon MIA RB

Mostert, Raheem SFO RB

Patrick, Tim DEN WR

Clowney, Jadeveon TEN DE

Judon, Matt BAL LB

Miller, Von DEN LB

Jackson, Kareem DEN S

Give

Chubb, Nick CLE RB

Proche, James BAL WR

Young, Chase WAS DE
I don’t even play IDP and I can look at this and tell it’s silly. 

Andy Dufresne said:
PPR. Yeah, okay guy.

Get

Ahmed, Salvon MIA RB

Mostert, Raheem SFO RB

Patrick, Tim DEN WR

Clowney, Jadeveon TEN DE

Judon, Matt BAL LB

Miller, Von DEN LB

Jackson, Kareem DEN S

Give

Chubb, Nick CLE RB

Proche, James BAL WR

Young, Chase WAS DE
My dad gave me one dollar bill
'Cause I'm his smartest son,
And I swapped it for two shiny quarters
'Cause two is more then one! And then I took the quarters
And traded them to Lou
For three dimes-- I guess he didn't know
That three is more than two!
Just then, along came old blind Bates
And just 'cause he can't see
He gave me four nickels for my three dimes,
And four is more than three!
And I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs
Down at the seed-feed store,
And the fool gave me five pennies for them,
And five is more than four!
And I went and showed my dad,
And he got red in the cheeks
And closed his eyes and shook his head--
Too proud of me to speak!

-Shel Silverstein

I get: David Johnson and a 4th

I give up: Antonio Gibson and a 3rd

I then sent him "So I'd get the older guy AND the better pick? Sign me up" in the comments section

I get: David Johnson and a 4th

I give up: Antonio Gibson and a 3rd

I then sent him "So I'd get the older guy AND the better pick? Sign me up" in the comments section
I forgot what thread I was looking in and my first impression was.....wow that is a terrible trade.  hahahaa

I give Zeke and Tyreek.

I get Diggs and W. Fuller      and G. Tate
Diggs for Tyreek is one part, and it's questionable, but the badness of the trade really depends what you think of Zeke's value vis a vis the Fuller/Tate part. It's a bad offer, but I get worse, believe it or not, from a particular guy in my league. On the reg. And that's not to whip out and measure, it's just that I see worse in the normal course of business.

I wouldn't touch Zeke as a guy to acquire,
considering the number of dramatic overreaction to 1 down season takes like this I’m seeing, I’m starting to feel like Elliott is a great buy-low. Maybe the best window ever for a dude who was a top 8 RB for several years prior. 

His production was excellent before Dak got hurt. 

I’m definitely going to send a lowball offer to the owner in my league who’s in the middle of a rebuild. 

considering the number of dramatic overreaction to 1 down season takes like this I’m seeing, I’m starting to feel like Elliott is a great buy-low. Maybe the best window ever for a dude who was a top 8 RB for several years prior. 

His production was excellent before Dak got hurt. 

I’m definitely going to send a lowball offer to the owner in my league who’s in the middle of a rebuild. 
I have 0 issue with him in re-draft, or as a 1 year rental. That offense will be much improved (if Dak is back), he's still very likely to get his workload and be a top RB.

In dynasty is my concern that he'll be replaced in a year or two. If I'm buying in dynasty it's as a 1 year rental who I'm relatively confident in. Any more would be bonus, but I'm not paying for 3 more years of elite Zeke. 

In dynasty is my concern that he'll be replaced in a year or two. If I'm buying in dynasty it's as a 1 year rental who I'm relatively confident in. Any more would be bonus, but I'm not paying for 3 more years of elite Zeke. 
He is only 25. I’d say pretty confidently he’s got 3-4 good years in him. 

I appreciate your concerns - not saying they’re not valid. I just think some of it is a bit of an overreaction.

He is only 25. I’d say pretty confidently he’s got 3-4 good years in him. 

I appreciate your concerns - not saying they’re not valid. I just think some of it is a bit of an overreaction.
It could be, when it comes to Zeke I'm cautious not because of age, but because of his workload he's received. I tend to always fade guys who have career years. Not sure if he's had his career year yet or not, but I do think his injuries will catch up to him. There is such a thing as the body being overworked and suffering because of it. He's a RB after all. He'll be 26 in summer, and have 5 years in the league averaging almost 350 touches a season. It looked like that took it's toll on him this past year. 

Maybe it reverts after a healthy offseason and a better offense, which is why I'm not completely out on him, but I am fading him for the rest of his career in dynasty. 

I know this thread is 48 pages long, but I'm betting the dogpile offer I got this morning ranks way up there. So I was shopping Sutton and the 1.9 rookie pick for a RB in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues and just got this gem:

Give: Sutton and 1.9

Get: McKissic and Scott Miller

I mean WTF..... :rolleyes:

I know this thread is 48 pages long, but I'm betting the dogpile offer I got this morning ranks way up there. So I was shopping Sutton and the 1.9 rookie pick for a RB in one of my 12 team PPR dynasty leagues and just got this gem:

I don't generally call guys out, but for that one I'd probably have to answer with "Okay, you're going to need to explain to me how this makes sense to you."

whoa. i've come to expect that the norm in here are offers that aren't actually that crazy. but no this one blows. 

Some of these the only response is "did you forget a 1st?" 

Normally that response might be considered smart ### or sarcastic. But it is actually a fair question here. *Did* they forget a 1st? I've made offers in FFPC where I can't include the 1st until I pay the deposit, but I will leave a note to that effect. This last one is missing two 1sts.

Not quite as bad as the turd I got the other day...but not much better. 

Give: Akers, Hill, Hurst

Get: Zeke, Parker, Henry 

I'm so torn!! Should I downgrade at RB and WR so I can have a SLIGHT upgrade at TE??  :rolleyes:

ffmail4me said:

Ok; we have a new contender. Because holy 🤬 that’s awful. 

Not quite as bad as the turd I got the other day...but not much better. 

Give: Akers, Hill, Hurst

Get: Zeke, Parker, Henry 

I'm so torn!! Should I downgrade at RB and WR so I can have a SLIGHT upgrade at TE??  :rolleyes:
That's actually a lot better than what you got the other day, because what you got the other day was so bad. This I can see an owner convincing himself that this is a negotiation start-off point or whatever the hell people think when they send out offers like this, because this is still pretty bad.

That's actually a lot better than what you got the other day, because what you got the other day was so bad. This I can see an owner convincing himself that this is a negotiation start-off point or whatever the hell people think when they send out offers like this, because this is still pretty bad.
Oh I agree, the other day, that was just...beyond stupid. And I never got a response or another offer (which is good by me) But no one is moving Hill for Parker, much less downgrading from Akers to Zeke for a minor TE bump. Geez that was stupid awful too...

Oh I agree, the other day, that was just...beyond stupid. And I never got a response or another offer (which is good by me) But no one is moving Hill for Parker, much less downgrading from Akers to Zeke for a minor TE bump. Geez that was stupid awful too...
No, they're not. Hill for Parker is especially the stink on this one. I guess I can see where a self-interested person with slight delusions would think that's compensated for in the Henry vs. Hurst trade-off, but that's being very generous to slight delusions.

Yeah, but those usually have a “figured I’d start here to see if these guys are available. Send me an offer or let me know if you want to try to work something out. Those are the guys I’m interested in.” 

Well this is the same league, so I posed I wanted to trade Sutton and the 1.9 for a RB upgrade...and this brilliant other owner assumed I'd consider Zeke and upgrade over Akers, Parker a clear upgrade over Cheetah, and....yeah, its just stupid  :wall:

Andy Dufresne said:
Same league I've been complaining about...

Get: Daniel Jones, AJ Green

Give: 1.02

At least he sweetened the deal from when he offered Jones alone. 
Get: Jones, Daniel NYG QB

Evans, Darrynton TEN RB

Freeman, Royce DEN RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Kendricks, Eric MIN LB

Give:Young, Chase WAS DE

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.02

Dr Evil reacts...

Last edited by a moderator:
And another...from the same league.

Get: Mostert, Raheem SFO RB

Brown, Marquise BAL WR

Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR

Ward, Greg PHI WR

Miller, Von DEN LB

Jackson, Kareem DEN S

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.12

Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.12

Give: Chubb, Nick CLE RB

Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR

Mooney, Darnell CHI WR

Hopper reacts...

And another...from the same league.

Get: Mostert, Raheem SFO RB

Brown, Marquise BAL WR

Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR

Ward, Greg PHI WR

Miller, Von DEN LB

Jackson, Kareem DEN S

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.12

Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.12

Give: Chubb, Nick CLE RB

Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR

Mooney, Darnell CHI WR

Hopper reacts...
I don’t see how all that adds up to Lamb/Chubb. At all. Or even remotely close. 

send them a link to a dynasty trade calculator. That’s subtle, right? 

Users who are viewing this thread