What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (2 Viewers)

I got offered a 4th round pick and McGahee for Jamaal Charles.I know the guy's hurt...but come on.
Well, I got this on the exact opposite side (this was before Sunday's games also)J. charles and Sidney Rice forCalvin Johnosn (me) another that I have been meaning to postB. Marshall and J. finley (me) ...and this team is weak at QB) , but reallyfor Tony Romo (was before the rib injury)

I got offered a 4th round pick and McGahee for Jamaal Charles.I know the guy's hurt...but come on.
Well, I got this on the exact opposite side (this was before Sunday's games also)J. charles and Sidney Rice forCalvin Johnosn (me) another that I have been meaning to postB. Marshall and J. finley (me) ...and this team is weak at QB) , but reallyfor Tony Romo (was before the rib injury)
I would never send Johnson for those two, but if a guy was very high on Rice and wasn't competitive this year...adding a first and another "future" type could make that deal at least an ok starting point.The 2nd one - lol. I wouldn't trade either for Romo straight up.

it has been a while since i've seen something worth posting (redraft is another story).

Team A Would Give

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Branch, Deion NEP WR

Burress, Plaxico NYJ WR

Year 2012 Round 1 (currently 4-3)

Team B Would Give

Tebow, Tim DEN QB

Murray, DeMarco DAL RB

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Year 2012 Round 1 (currently 3-4)

why would anyone want to acquire a 32 and 34 year old WR in a dynasty league if they are not in a win now mode?

One guy offered Greene for Charles and Julio.

Second guy offered me Evan Moore and Donald Brown for Julio. He argued that I was getting "future studs" and Julio was a "#3 or #4 WR at best". I clarified we were talking dynasty, too. Then he got all pissed when I called him an idiot.

One guy offered me

Hakeem Nicks

Jahvid Best (post most recent concussion)

Antonio Brown

2012 2nd rounder

for my

Larry Fitzgerald

Cam Newton

Mark Ingram

What actually bothered me here is that I sent the other an email feeler saying that I was interested in acquiring Nicks but wasn't willing to trade Fitzgerald, Newton, or Jimmy Graham. Mind you, I was fully expecting him to reply saying that something along the lines of "You're not getting Nicks then". Instead, he sent me this crap with no message. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I can handle a bad trade offer, but I don't like it when I feel like another owner totally ignores what I said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not the worst I've ever seen (been playing dynasties for 10 years or so), but the worst that I can remember came through a few weeks back:

I give: Cam Newton

I get: Blaine Gabbert, Mike Sims-Walker, Ced Benson

I was just offered Plaxico Burress for Eric Decker. I guess he thought that sore on my knee was from when I jumped off that turnip truck.

I was just offered Mendenhall in exchange for the 1.01 and Taiwan Jones. I rejected it and got back this better offer: Mendenhall and S. Bradford for the 1.01, T.Jones, and Romo. :unsure:

It's hard to imagine a trade in which you're offered shady McCoy as one of the worst, but I think this qualifies.

McCoy

For

Calvin Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Also right after the broncos signed manning yesterday I was offered martellus Bennett and a 2013 first (from one of the best teams in the league) for demaryius Thomas

IMO there are no such things as bad offers. I have made some great trades that I lowballed the other team just to get things going and they accepted.

IMO there are no such things as bad offers. I have made some great trades that I lowballed the other team just to get things going and they accepted.
This is a good point, a low initial "anchoring" point, can be a good opening in a trade negotiation. As generally the discussion will have that as the starting point, hence being first to make an offer tends to be preferred. **Provided** you didn't annoy/offend the other party, and you yourself are flexible in return. Irks me, when someone tries to lowball me, then stoneface me. Lowball me, fine, or stone face me, if not interested, but lowball, followed by a stoneface can be annoying.

This is a good point, a low initial "anchoring" point, can be a good opening in a trade negotiation. As generally the discussion will have that as the starting point, hence being first to make an offer tends to be preferred. **Provided** you didn't annoy/offend the other party, and you yourself are flexible in return. Irks me, when someone tries to lowball me, then stoneface me. Lowball me, fine, or stone face me, if not interested, but lowball, followed by a stoneface can be annoying.
What is meant by stoneface? I prefer to try to give close to my best offer on the first offer 90% of the time. It makes other owners want to trade with you more often. What I find ridiculous are those who lowball you then follow it up with "Counter?". If you want someone from me and you initiated the proceedings, then it's up to you to give me a good initial offer. That's the way I do business and I trade a lot and I win a lot.

Just had this go down in a dynasty league I am in. I don't usually question trades in dynasty since everyone values players differently, but I think this is quite lopsided.

Team A gives:

Phillip Rivers

Team B gives:

Roethlisberger

Shonn Greene

Just had this go down in a dynasty league I am in. I don't usually question trades in dynasty since everyone values players differently, but I think this is quite lopsided.Team A gives:1.01Phillip RiversTeam B gives:RoethlisbergerShonn Greene1.11
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

What is meant by stoneface? I prefer to try to give close to my best offer on the first offer 90% of the time. It makes other owners want to trade with you more often. What I find ridiculous are those who lowball you then follow it up with "Counter?". If you want someone from me and you initiated the proceedings, then it's up to you to give me a good initial offer. That's the way I do business and I trade a lot and I win a lot.
Sorry by "stoneface", I'm implying someone who doesn't blink when you call them on something. They don't budge or flex from their position. IE Me: C'mon guy, I'm not paying a 2nd rounder for a kicker. Stoneface: He's going to be in a massive offensive system, he's an upgrade to your lineup. Me: I could throw a 6th rounder for a kicker, but for a 2nd rounder, I'm more interested in Best or Mike Williams. It's close to "don't BS a BSer", give some respect to your negotiating party. Sometimes followed by the "trying to make you think you're crazy routine." I'll trade with anyone, but people that start with (1) lowball (2) move to stoneface (non-admittance of lowball) (3) imply you are the crazy one for rejecting said low-ball, will move down my priority list trade wise pretty quickly. I always leave the door open, but only engage some owners when I feel I have the patience to deal with their song and dance. For better or worse.

I got offered 3.5 for Decker in a 12 team PPR.

Guy in another league with me got offered John Skelton for Antonio Brown.

after injury was offered a 4th round rookie pick for Adrian Peterson

i emailed back: "if he never played another down he's worth more than a 4th rounder just so you can say you owned him"

:jawdrop: :lmao: some doozies posted today. must be extremely frustrating attempting to work out a fair trade with some of these guppies.

i wonder if we need to stipulate that these were "official" offers through the league website... i'm getting some real interesting offers through DMs and email, but nothing too bad that were "official"... and FWIW, JohnnyU has sent two different first offers that were very fair (which I appreciate)

I generally don't post in these type of threads, but every once in a while I get a real head scratcher. Got this one during a rookie draft last week:

I give: 1.13 + 2.02 + 2.03 + 3.02

I get: 2013 2nd + 2013 3rd

:mellow:

i wonder if we need to stipulate that these were "official" offers through the league website... i'm getting some real interesting offers through DMs and email, but nothing too bad that were "official"... and FWIW, JohnnyU has sent two different first offers that were very fair (which I appreciate)
Both of the ones posted were official. One in a league with a lot of respected owners.

I generally don't post in these type of threads, but every once in a while I get a real head scratcher. Got this one during a rookie draft last week:I give: 1.13 + 2.02 + 2.03 + 3.02I get: 2013 2nd + 2013 3rd :mellow:
Well deserving of being posted in this thread.

he

Branch, Deion NEP WR

Davis, Fred WAS TE

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick

me

Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.03

Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11

The most common kind of horrible offers that I get are those "four nickels for a dollar" type of deals where someone offers you all of their waiver fodder for a useful, or even great player. You know the kind of offers I'm talking about. Something like...

Kevin Kolb

Nate Burleson

John Carlson

2014 3rd round rookie pick

for

Dez Bryant

Yea....

:rolleyes:

My buddy got offered Felix JOnes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year and 3.2 this year. His team is bottom 3 and probably the 1st overall pick next year even with Felix on board.

I generally don't post in these type of threads, but every once in a while I get a real head scratcher. Got this one during a rookie draft last week:I give: 1.13 + 2.02 + 2.03 + 3.02I get: 2013 2nd + 2013 3rd :mellow:
Some of these you can argue different player valuation, or someone's trying to react to new news with trade offers that don't reflect those changes.This is the first that just relies on you being either bad at math or in a coma.

Dynasty Idp Ppr. I give Demaryius Thomas and a 4thForPierre Thomas :mellow:
I don't know how I feel about this. RG3 throwing to Garcon for the next 10 year vs Peyton throwing to Thomas for 2 or 3. Definitely not the worst offer on this thread, but I do like how he threw in the fourth rounder, lol. :yes:

I don't know how I feel about this. RG3 throwing to Garcon for the next 10 year vs Peyton throwing to Thomas for 2 or 3. Definitely not the worst offer on this thread, but I do like how he threw in the fourth rounder, lol. :yes:
Pierre thomas - saints backup running backNot Pierre Garçon - redskins WR

'EBF said:
The most common kind of horrible offers that I get are those "four nickels for a dollar" type of deals where someone offers you all of their waiver fodder for a useful, or even great player. You know the kind of offers I'm talking about. Something like...

Kevin Kolb

Nate Burleson

John Carlson

2014 3rd round rookie pick

for

Dez Bryant

Yea....

:rolleyes:
There are a lot of those types that get sent but in large dynasty leagues where depth is critical and extremely hard to come by, it frustrates me even more when you see a guy NOT take a multi for one deal (assuming the players offered are legit). You know, that guy that has an unhealthy lust for a "name" player and just holds him forever without ever improving his team (I guess its their team and they can do what they want with it but its boring when half your league are annual doormats because they want to take MJD to the prom).

'Instinctive said:
'coolnerd said:
heBranch, Deion NEP WRDavis, Fred WAS TEYear 2014 Round 1 Draft PickmeYear 2012 Draft Pick 1.03Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11
Which side is the bad offer?
Would you give a top 3 2012 rookie for Fred Davis and some unidentified pick 2 years from now?

We've got a few guys in our leagues who get very insulted by bad offers. They are also the same guys who are amazed that we can pull off deals and they can't. At this point no one trades with them unless we're screwing them over a bit.

We've got a few guys in our leagues who get very insulted by bad offers. They are also the same guys who are amazed that we can pull off deals and they can't. At this point no one trades with them unless we're screwing them over a bit.
We must be in the same league :)

Pierre thomas - saints backup running backNot Pierre Garçon - redskins WR
Wow - that is bad, lol.

heBranch, Deion NEP WRDavis, Fred WAS TEYear 2014 Round 1 Draft PickmeYear 2012 Draft Pick 1.03Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.11
Which side is the bad offer?
Would you give a top 3 2012 rookie for Fred Davis and some unidentified pick 2 years from now?
I don't think I would, but I have Gronk or Graham in most leagues.The point it...that deal isn't even in the realm of this thread, just goes to show that people need not be so touchy...

Users who are viewing this thread