What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4(102) Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland (1 Viewer)

Almost feeling guilty at having traded him for Moreno three weeks ago. Seemed like a very even trade at the time, but it looks like I might have accidentally stiffed a good friend of mine.

Hope Cameron can get going again

Jason Campbell gives no ####s about this guy until the last drive of the game when the game is already out of hand.

No idea what to do with him. Just have he and Greg Olsen rostered. I'm heading to the playoffs and need to find a real solution at TE.

Considering dropping him for delanie walker. His schedule is way better going forward and he's trending up while cameron has been trending down for awhile. Don't want to carry 2 tes

So where do we stand on Cameron now? I'm getting nervous. Although the 6 catches was encouraging, the 28 yards was not.

I need this guy as J Reed is fuzzy. What was a strength a few weeks ago is now a potential goose egg for me. So I am being proactive and.....

:ptts:

6 catches and at least one redzone target that I saw (where a good throw ends up a TD, but campbell...). Where do we go from here?

Couldn't get a trade -- was offering up some tasty morsels and the fish weren't biting. Picked up Delanie Walker, but I'm not sure I'm buying him either.

Looking like ride or die with Cam unless Walker continues his hot streak. 7-4 so I'm going to risk Cam one more week, hoping that last week signaled increased involvement, but, campbell... :yucky:

Where is everyone else at? I'm guessing most are in the same boat -- waiver wire fodder or Tupac style, ride and likely die (too soon?) with Cam.

6 catches and at least one redzone target that I saw (where a good throw ends up a TD, but campbell...). Where do we go from here?

Couldn't get a trade -- was offering up some tasty morsels and the fish weren't biting. Picked up Delanie Walker, but I'm not sure I'm buying him either.

Looking like ride or die with Cam unless Walker continues his hot streak. 7-4 so I'm going to risk Cam one more week, hoping that last week signaled increased involvement, but, campbell... :yucky:

Where is everyone else at? I'm guessing most are in the same boat -- waiver wire fodder or Tupac style, ride and likely die (too soon?) with Cam.
What is strange to me, is that Campbell's history shows he is a TE friendly QB. He has a pretty good one in Cameron, yet he doesn't go to him very often. I don't know if teams are just starting to take him away or what. Maybe with Gordon heating up, it'll open things up for Cameron again. I'm hoping he can get things straightened back out. He has too much upside every week to not play him.

What is strange to me, is that Campbell's history shows he is a TE friendly QB. He has a pretty good one in Cameron, yet he doesn't go to him very often. I don't know if teams are just starting to take him away or what. Maybe with Gordon heating up, it'll open things up for Cameron again. I'm hoping he can get things straightened back out. He has too much upside every week to not play him.
Hard to compare apples to apples, and that was several years ago. Campbell also didn't have a big WR target like Gordon back then. IIRC, his main WR target was the smallish Santana Moss, who good for a few big plays down the field but not a target hound.

Hard to compare apples to apples, and that was several years ago. Campbell also didn't have a big WR target like Gordon back then. IIRC, his main WR target was the smallish Santana Moss, who good for a few big plays down the field but not a target hound.
True, but even in Oakland he looked towards the TE. I know Gordon is a really good WR, but it's not like Cameron is crap a TE. Maybe Norv will get Cameron invloved more in the offense this week.

Seriously, where we at? Dude has one TD, and has gone over 60 yards twice since week 4. I can get that kind of mediocrity off the waiver wire. I'm no "sky is falling" guy but come on man!

Bench him...... He had 2 catchs for 2 yds until the last drive with Cleveland down big. He's not part of the offense right now...

stlrams said:
Bench him...... He had 2 catchs for 2 yds until the last drive with Cleveland down big. He's not part of the offense right now...
That's how awful Campbell is. You have an HC and OC that feature the TE in their game plan and Cameron does nothing once Hoyer goes down.

The odd thing is that Campbell was known as a checkdown artist at his previous stops, so you'd think Cameron would get his fair share of dumpoffs.

The odd thing is that Campbell was known as a checkdown artist at his previous stops, so you'd think Cameron would get his fair share of dumpoffs.
And the fact that Norv Turner has historically liked to use his TE prominently in the passing game.

There must be some issues going on.

loser said:

Seriously, where we at? Dude has one TD, and has gone over 60 yards twice since week 4. I can get that kind of mediocrity off the waiver wire. I'm no "sky is falling" guy but come on man!
Has it been that bad for him?

Anyway like many others here I have Walker as a backup to Cameron. The Raiders give up more points to the TE than do the Steelers (how much more depends on your scoring system I play in 3 different types of leagues standard, ppr and TD heavy and the Raiders give up more in each format)

Rotoworld:

Jordan Cameron attributed his sagging production to more defensive attention and "some chemistry things" with Jason Campbell.
Campbell is an incredibly deliberate mover and hasn't been able to feed Cameron on quick, high-percentage routes. Campbell's skill set is more suited to throwing the football downfield to Josh Gordon. Defenses are also taking Cameron seriously now. He's averaging just 38 yards without a touchdown over his last three games. "They pay attention to what you're doing," Cameron said. "They're hitting you in all areas, and I just think it's the way the defense has been playing. ... I need to speed things up and I need to find a way to get open."

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Jordan Cameron: Drop in catches not Browns QB's fault

Last edited by a moderator:
browns fans may not like it, but i think cameron owners would be better off with weeden ROS.... weeden targetted him for a near TD in garbage time... cameron has had good production with weeden at QB during this season... just my 2 cents. with a concussion you'd think worst case campbell misses one game.... but at this point you know what jason campbell is as an NFL player... a middling backup QB.

I don't know if the new thinktank saw enough in hoyer to trust him as a starter heading in to next season... i'd imagine they will take another QB at somepoint in the upcoming QB rich draft.... so if you assume that I don't know if they would even bother in giving the rest of their lost seasont o weeden since he probably isnt in their plans as the #3 QB in 2014

browns fans may not like it, but i think cameron owners would be better off with weeden ROS.... weeden targetted him for a near TD in garbage time... cameron has had good production with weeden at QB during this season... just my 2 cents. with a concussion you'd think worst case campbell misses one game.... but at this point you know what jason campbell is as an NFL player... a middling backup QB.

I don't know if the new thinktank saw enough in hoyer to trust him as a starter heading in to next season... i'd imagine they will take another QB at somepoint in the upcoming QB rich draft.... so if you assume that I don't know if they would even bother in giving the rest of their lost seasont o weeden since he probably isnt in their plans as the #3 QB in 2014
Agreed. I have no idea if it makes sense for the Browns to go with Weeden or Campbell (and I suspect it doesn't really matter), but from Cameron's perspective Weeden seems to target him more.

This numbskull really has problems catching balls thrown right into his hands.

Really starting to piss me off when he kills 3rd down because his hands stink when it's thrown right at him

Browns Fans don't care that you prefer Weeden just to satisfy your fantasy fix. They want a QB that can win. Hoyer was a real prayer answered. I think they start the year with him next year.

Shutout said:

Browns Fans don't care that you prefer Weeden just to satisfy your fantasy fix. They want a QB that can win. Hoyer was a real prayer answered. I think they start the year with him next year.
lol, thats why i started off my post with browns fans may not like it.... !

Browns great and radio analyst Doug Dieken seems to think the main reason Cameron's numbers are down is that teams have figured out that they just need to get physical with him at the line.

Really starting to piss me off when he kills 3rd down because his hands stink when it's thrown right at him
his hands seemed fine when Hoyer was throwing to him.

Are you watching the games?

Literally balls thrown in his hands, into the numbers - being dropped.

He's killed a few drives with catches you or I could make 99/100. Still think he's a stud, but he needs to work on the simple catches

He dropped 2 passes that I saw in the game yesterday. 1 was a TD that would've been a nice catch, the other hit him right in the #'s and bounced right off of him (almost for a pick)

He's killed a few drives with catches you or I could make 99/100. Still think he's a stud, but he needs to work on the simple catches
yes. Weeden has no touch.

so that perfect ball into Cameron's hands wasn't caught simply because weeden threw it?

mmmkay

Sweden stinking and Cameron having the dropsies are both accurate statements.

Shutout said:

Not seeing it.... I can't see the Browns trusting their season to an undrafted QB. My bet is that the Browns take a QB in the draft, the rookie competes with Hoyer in the preseason, but the rookie gets the start. Either way, Cameron will be playing with another new QB next year.

Guy has been rotting on my bench but he has a dream matchup next week vs Jax at home. Anyone starting him still?

Have owned him all year. Sure, I'm not happy with the production over the past three weeks, and that may point to some larger issues, but I still think the hate has gone a little too far. OK, so he's not in Gronk/Graham territory, but he's still TE4 at this point. What's more, the guys around him (Davis, Witten, Gonzo) have hardly been models of consistency either.

Worst case scenario, he continues to struggle over the last 5 games and finishes with something like 75/800/7. Last year, those stats would have put him in TE5-7 territory, alongside Miller, Olsen and Myers and ahead of Pitta. And that's worst case. With Weeden in there, it's entirely possible he rekindles some of that early-season magic.

Guy has been rotting on my bench but he has a dream matchup next week vs Jax at home. Anyone starting him still?
Starting him this week. I don't really have any better options. He had some decent games with Weeden before so I think he'll be fine.

For a 10th round pick, he's been a good find for me. Like the poster above me said, so he's not Graham/Gronk, big deal. He's still going to finish around the top 5 at TE. I'd like to see him get his numbers back up again and think he has a good chance this week.

When he was producing with Weeden, they didn't have Gordon. I used to think Gordon was good for Cameron, but realized Gordon is just too talented himself and knows how to get open.

I'm going to give him 1 more shot next week -- JAX will be scheming to stop Gordon and should open up Cameron for underneath routes (hopefully)

Squintz82 said:
When he was producing with Weeden, they didn't have Gordon. I used to think Gordon was good for Cameron, but realized Gordon is just too talented himself and knows how to get open.
I was concered about this back in early October, hoping as a Cameron owner that I was wrong. Unfortunately, it turned out to be true.

I'm not buying that Gordon is the negative. Or the QB changes for that matter. I think it's all on Cameron's play. I mentioned Dieken's observation that he was having trouble getting off the line and we've all seen him not make some plays that were available in the last few weeks. I don't think you have to look any deeper than that.

Things aren’t looking so good for Mr. Cameron with both Campbell and Weeden looking iffy this weekend

Who is Alex Tanney and does he like to throw to the TE?

the only question is who to drop him for? would green from San Diego be better rest of season?
I am contemplating doing this. He is on the field just as much as Gates and looks to be a stronger option going forward with Gates not doing much.

Toying with the idea of starting Jared Cook with his dream matchup @ ARI over him. Only problem is I'd have to drop TY Hilton or Ray Rice. Neither is likely to start for me ROS, but I hate to put them out on the wire right now. I'll probably stick with Cameron, but I don't love it.

Users who are viewing this thread