What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4(102) Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland (2 Viewers)

Three concussions in two years. 5 games missed from this last one--at least. I wonder when people start talking about this as career-threatening.

Three concussions in two years. 5 games missed from this last one--at least. I wonder when people start talking about this as career-threatening.
Think I have heard a few people say this on various podcast but no one yet to say `This is career threatening.`

Think I have heard a few people say this on various podcast but no one yet to say `This is career threatening.`
Maybe not career threatening, but certainly career dampening. The guy is in a contract year - he's undoubtedly going to miss out on a lot of money since I can't see any team giving him a big contract and paving the way for him to be a focal point of a team's offense.

Maybe not career threatening, but certainly career dampening. The guy is in a contract year - he's undoubtedly going to miss out on a lot of money since I can't see any team giving him a big contract and paving the way for him to be a focal point of a team's offense.
Hopefully the Falcons can get him cheap. it's criminal how they have failed to address the position.

Take this FWIW but...

----------------------------

Dawgs By Nature @DawgsByNature · 11h 11 hours ago

So according to his twitter, I think Jordan Cameron is playing Sunday

---------------------------

The above was referring to this tweet of Browns TE Jordan Cameron who posted of pic of himself dressed up in a Christmas elf costume flexing where the tweet says:

-------------------------

Jordan Cameron @jordancameron · 11h 11 hours ago

This elf is coming off the shelf

Take this FWIW but...

The above was referring to this tweet of Browns TE Jordan Cameron who posted of pic of himself dressed up in a Christmas elf costume flexing where the tweet says:

Or he was just making a joke about the popular elf on a shelf. :mellow:

Take this FWIW but...

He was supposed to see a neurologist last night to get clearance.

I'm pretty sure this means he's gonna be ready to go.

Take this FWIW but...

He was talking about the Christmas movie with Will Farrell.

Take this FWIW but...

He was talking about the Christmas movie with Will Farrell.
Or he could even be speaking of the one associated with the Cleveland Browns but the timing of the tweet on the brink of his return could be a clever pun to make people guess.

LINK to Brownie the elf story:

http://www.clevescene.com/64-and-counting/archives/2009/11/18/a-little-history-of-brownie-the-elf

A Little History of Brownie the Elf

I wrote this back in December 2006 for Uni Watch. It was actually my first piece as Uni Watch Intern, so naturally I chose a topic near and dear to my heart: Brownie the Elf. It's been almost three years since it ran and I'm sure there are plenty of people who never read the original post or simply don't know, or never wondered about, the history of our little elf. Reprinted with some minor edits for your edification.]

The story of Brownie the Elf the logo begins long before the Cleveland Browns adopted the little creature — long before the team even existed, in fact. "Brownies" date back to folklore, where they were elf-like creatures who helped out with household chores as long as you left them little goodies to eat (further background is available here, here, and here, and the cover illustration from a children's tale entitled "Brownie and the Cook" can be seen here). Palmer Cox was one of the first artists to illustrate Brownie on a consistent basis in his cartoons. He began drawing and using the elves in advertising work that he produced for different companies, including Kodak.

All of which brings us, finally, to the Cleveland Browns.

The association of the elf and the gridiron Browns begins in the late 1940s with Arthur McBride, who was the team's owner at the time. During a string of four incredibly successful seasons from 1946-49 (each of which resulted in an All American Football Conference championship), McBride sought to make his team more recognizable and marketable with music, parades, marching bands, and so on. He also asked for submissions for mascot logos, and after careful consideration chose Brownie as the new face of the team.

Brownie got an update around 1950 and looked like this until 1969. Alternate logos included an orange elf from 1950-69, and a halfback elf from 1960-69. After the Browns won the NFL title in 1964 (yes, it was that long ago, Cleveland fans), Brownie was often depicted with a crown signifying the team's achievement.

Even representatives from the Cleveland Browns are befuddled as to the exact origin, date, and key figures in the creation of the logo (which made its first appearance in an ad for tickets to the 1946 opening game against the Miami Seahawks). However, many of the earliest versions of the elf are credited to **** Dugan, who became the sports cartoonist for the Cleveland Plain Dealer and often depicted Brownie in battle against the team's opponents, like the Broncos.

Cleveland fans loved the athletically inclined little creature with pointed shoes, whose image could be seen adorning various publications and advertisements (from both the team and the public), such as in this 1949 Media Guide.

So, what do you do with a logo that the fans love?

Well, if you're Art Modell, you get rid of it. Apparently, Modell, who became the team's owner in 1961, was completely embarrassed by the elf and hated it so much that in the mid-1960s he began to phase it out. Yes, in addition to taking the team from Cleveland, Modell also was responsible for putting the lovable Brownie on the unemployment line.

Thankfully, when the Browns were resurrected in 1999, Brownie got a new lease on life. New owner Randy Lerner has made a big push to use the elf logo more and more for the organization. "I think it's a great anchor for our tradition and for the look and feel of the Browns," he has said. "But I also understand that there is something to freshening up the act, so I think that's a balancing act we're having right now."

As you can see from the team's sideline ponchos, the organization is using Brownie in more ways than just for merchandise sales (although it's clearly evident from the hats and shirts and fleeces that there is a definite push in that direction too). In fact, the Browns have used the elf logo on the 2006 Training Camp Patch celebrating the franchise's 60th anniversary, and a throwback elf logo appears on the front of their 2006 Media Guide (here's a close-up view). Fans have embraced Brownie, too — one guy has gotten permanent reminder of his allegiances.

While Brownie's revival is welcome news, there's one place that the elf should never appear, on the helmet (and thankfully, Lerner agrees). Paul Brown actually proposed this idea in 1953, but dismissed the idea after seeing mock-ups created by then trainer Leo Murphy. Good thing too, because the only thing that should ever be added to the team's helmets are uniform numbers, like the ones the team wore with for a throwback game against the Bengals.

We're generally pleased with Brownie's reappearance. It adds a great traditional aspect to the team's imagery, which meshes nicely with the more recent addition of the "Dawg" logo (but please, let's not have them mesh like this, ideas that belong in the same graveyard as this one).

Three other Brownie items of note:

• Brownie was also pressed into mascot duty by the St. Louis Browns baseball team just prior to their move to Baltimore (where they became the Orioles). During this brief run, Brownie appeared on the team's jersey sleeve , on the cover of the team's 1952 schedule, and even on the door to owner Bill Veeck's office.

• "Elf Brownie" is also the name of a typeface.

• Need a last-minute Christmas gift? Live near northeastern Ohio? You can get plenty of Brownie-related merchandise at the GPS Gift Gallery in Rocky River, Ohio, the self-proclaimed "Home of the Brownie Elf."

Rotoworld:

Jordan Cameron (questionable, concussion) is meeting with an independent neurologist on Friday in hopes of receiving full medical clearance.

Cameron practiced on a limited basis and is "hoping to play" against the Colts. He still has not been cleared for full contact, but could get the green light today or tomorrow. Cameron admitted to experiencing a setback last week, where he was "just not feeling right." He's truly 50-50 to face the Colts.

Source: Scott Petrak on Twitter
Dec 5 - 1:52 PM

The Browns aren't going to have that Gary guy. They also didn't sign anyone. The Twitter post he made seems like he'll play. I would guess he's playing.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Cameron - TE - Browns

Jordan Cameron (concussion) hinted on Twitter that he'll play Week 14 against the Colts.

Cameron revealed to the media early Friday that he would visit a neurologist later that afternoon in an effort to gain medical clearance. Later that night, he tweeted "This elf is coming off the shelf." We took it as a clue he's ready to play after missing the past five weeks. Sunday morning, Cameron then tweeted "Go time." With nothing coming from Browns beat writers or national media, this is all we have to go off. The good news is the Browns kick off at 1 PM ET. Cleveland will release its inactives in an hour.

Source: Jordan Cameron on Twitter

Dec 7 - 10:19 AM

One hour Browns TE Jordan Cameron tweeted this:

------------------------------------------

Jordan Cameron @jordancameron · 1h 1 hour ago

Go time.
------------------------------------------

It looks like he's a go to play today in a big game against the Indianapolis Colts. :football:

Rotoworld:

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi expects the Browns to let Jordan Cameron walk in free agency.
Grossi previously predicted Gary Barnidge and Jim Dray would be Cleveland's starting tight ends to open the 2015 season. Cameron is a top-five talent at the tight end position, but the Browns appear poised to move on following an injury-riddled 2014 campaign. Cameron's free agent market will be fascinating to track. The 26-year-old is likely to come at a nice discount.

Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter
Jan 25 - 2:52 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi expects the Browns to let Jordan Cameron walk in free agency.
Grossi previously predicted Gary Barnidge and Jim Dray would be Cleveland's starting tight ends to open the 2015 season. Cameron is a top-five talent at the tight end position, but the Browns appear poised to move on following an injury-riddled 2014 campaign. Cameron's free agent market will be fascinating to track. The 26-year-old is likely to come at a nice discount.

More like Cameron has no interest in dealing with the Browns mess.

Would be huge if he signed in Baltimore.

Rotoworld:

Yes and Please Lord Let that Happen.

I hope this guy ends up in a good organization with a decent QB.

I'd love to see him on a team that is somewhat capable and that really wants to get him invovled.

Rotoworld:

To be fair, this has been floating around since early in the season when the Browns were competing for the division. This is not something that crept up because of how awful December was.

I have a feeling Cameron may be a little interested in signing in Seattle.
Ugh sea and bal are maybe the worst places (throw az in there too) for a TE to go imo. Besides cle obv. Would love him to go somewhere with a semi competent qb (fantasy-passing wise) Atl, pitt would be nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Martellus Bennett with Jay Cutler in Trestman offense (and 2 top 20 WRs and top receiving RB to split targets).

90 receptions 916yds 10.2 ypr 6 TDs

Jordan Cameron is a Southern California guy who likes to go to the beach with his wife and kids in the offseason.

If he winds up leaving, not sure of that, then San Diego would be the place I'm sure he'd prefer but not sure the Chargers are in the market with Gates still playing at a high level and with Green waiting in the wings.

His concussion history is the biggest obstacle that teams would have to feel comfortable with before offering him a huge contract and I don't think anyone could feel that comfortable to make him a Don-Corleon type offer so he may wind up back with the Browns provided they can work out a deal and I think they will. He won't get a huge payday and moving is a hassle so I think the he'll work out a deal to stay with the Browns in the end.

Jordan Cameron is a Southern California guy who likes to go to the beach with his wife and kids in the offseason.

If he winds up leaving, not sure of that, then San Diego would be the place I'm sure he'd prefer but not sure the Chargers are in the market with Gates still playing at a high level and with Green waiting in the wings.

His concussion history is the biggest obstacle that teams would have to feel comfortable with before offering him a huge contract and I don't think anyone could feel that comfortable to make him a Don-Corleon type offer so he may wind up back with the Browns provided they can work out a deal and I think they will. He won't get a huge payday and moving is a hassle so I think the he'll work out a deal to stay with the Browns in the end.
The 49ers could save $5M cutting Vernon Davis, who is in the last year of his deal, and use that to sign Cameron.

Flacco sucks
Ok. But this is about Cameron. How did he produce when healthy with Hoyer (who isn't even as good as Flacco)?
"Better" is subjective. They can have different skillsets that are advantagious to a specific player but not another. For example, a speedy receiever he can chuck jump balls to. Id be willin to wager daniels was a top 2 TE ever production wise (in bal,obv) since flacco has been there. If that is my ceiling, i may take my chqnces with hoyer/anyone else

Last edited by a moderator:
His concussion history would have me very skeptical in signing him. There will be a team who will bring in the truck for this guy due to his potential, but he is one bad hit away from ending his career. Too many concussions and injuries. I would rather see the Browns let him go somewhere else.

What are some reasonable FA destinations for Cameron that make sense from a cap and need perspective.

Seems to me that almost any team would be better than Cleveland at this point.

I know the Bills are looking for a pass catching TE, but I doubt Cameron would be willing to come to Buffalo. I'd love it though.

If Denver lets J.Thomas walk, then they are going to be in the market for a pass-catching TE. I know there is a rumor floating around that Kubiak might try and get Owen Daniels in Denver, but Cameron would fit nicely I believe.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi puts the Browns' odds of re-signing free agent Jordan Cameron at one percent.

Grossi has been beating this drum for weeks, but "one percent" is his most-compelling missive thus far. It's odd that a team with so little receiving talent would be willing to let arguably a top-five pass-catching tight end walk without a fight, but the Browns must be tired of Cameron's continual injuries. Gary Barnidge and Jim Dray would form the NFL's most dismal tight end corps.

Feb 3 - 4:44 PM

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi puts the Browns' odds of re-signing free agent Jordan Cameron at one percent.

Grossi has been beating this drum for weeks, but "one percent" is his most-compelling missive thus far. It's odd that a team with so little receiving talent would be willing to let arguably a top-five pass-catching tight end walk without a fight, but the Browns must be tired of Cameron's continual injuries. Gary Barnidge and Jim Dray would form the NFL's most dismal tight end corps.

Feb 3 - 4:44 PM
This will be one of the more interesting signs should he move on and it looks like he will.

This is a surprise. Cleveland is one of the BEST teams to play for!

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports impending free agent Jordan Cameron is "not interested" in re-signing with the Browns.

Who would choose to remain in that mess of an organization? We can't blame Cameron. Although he's proven to be extremely prone to concussions, Cameron is a major threat when on the field. The former college basketball player is a seam-stretching tight end who averaged 17.7 YPR this past season. He's going to be one of the more interesting free-agent cases to follow in March.

Users who are viewing this thread