Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigmund Bloom

4(102) Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland

Hype train at full steam. Just saw him go TE8 in the 9th round of a startup. Eifert went almost a full round later.

This is happening more and more I notice in the last 5 years. People are starting to reach for sleepers as they dont want to miss on the sleeper they are all reading about on the web. Sleepers really is an over used term today because by the time the drafts come around supposed sleepers have a enought written about them that every one knows to watch for them.

This guy really passed on some sure fire guys that could have at the very least added great depth to his team and gotten another TE later for his starter and it might have been Cameron.

A new take on Cameron as a possible break-out candidate.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/07/12/2013-nfl-breakout-candidate-cleveland-browns-jordan-cameron/

2013 NFL Breakout Candidate: Cleveland Browns Jordan Cameron
July 12, 2013 11:31 pm EDT by Lucas Carreras

The success of Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates with their Hall of Fame caliber careers, could entice teams to find a former basketball star to develop into the next great pass catching tight end. In third year player Jordan Cameron, the Cleveland Browns are hoping that he can be the next one on that list.

Jordan Cameron had an interesting route to becoming an NFL player. Having played football and basketball in high school, Cameron decided to play collegiate basketball over football and enrolled at Brigham Young University (BYU). After a season, Cameron had a change of heart and transferred to USC to go play wide receiver.

While he would not get much action as a wide receiver, Cameron’s size gave the coaching staff the opportunity to move him over to tight end where he would settle in for his final season. Cameron would show off his athleticicon1.png skills at the 2011 NFL Combine where he showed that he had all the fundamental qualities necessary to be a tight end in the NFL.

The Browns decided to take a chance on Cameron and drafted him with their fourth round pick in the 2011 Draft. In Cameron’s first two seasons, he has seen little action as the third tight end on the depth chart behind Benjamin Watson and Evan Moore.

Now headed into the 2013 season, with a new coach and offensive coordinator, the Browns also made some personnel changes, particularly at tight end. With the team having let Watson and Moore leave, Jordan Cameron is now the number one tight end on the depth chart and as such, will play a bigger and more important role in the offense.

Cameron should surpass his career numbers on 26 receptions for 259 yards and one touchdown in the 2013 season. Just like wide receiver Josh Gordan, Cameron should and will benefit from a move away from Pat Schrmur‘s West Coast offensive philosophy to head coach Rob Chudzinski and offensive coordinator Norv Tuner‘s down the field passing philosophy.

As a result of the change of philosophy, Cameron should be running a number of routes within the 10 to 19 yard range, giving quarterback Brandon Weeden a reliableicon1.png target which he can look to at any given time.

Cameron’s production is largely dependenticon1.png on the improvement of Brandon Weeden who is in his second season as a starting quarterback. However, now that Cameron is the number one tight end and there will be an offensive philosophy that will see him get targets downfield, he will be a prime candidate to be a breakout star and talent for the browns. His athletic ability doesn’t hurt either.

Lucas Carreras is a contributing NFL writer and general contributor for RantSports.com. You can follow Lucas on Twitter by following him @maldini3fan and you can add him to your circles on Google+.

That article summarizes my thoughts on Cameron. While I always thought the talent was there, I didn't really see it on the field. However, the real determining factor was whether the Browns thought he was good enough be the starting TE. When they let Watson leave (especially for such little money) and didn't draft a TE that was a huge sign that they believe in Cameron. Then they bring in a HC who's teams have consistently produced top TE's and you have say that the stars have aligned for Cameron to at least have a chance produce top TE numbers.

That article summarizes my thoughts on Cameron. While I always thought the talent was there, I didn't really see it on the field. However, the real determining factor was whether the Browns thought he was good enough be the starting TE.

But the coaches that HAD him, that actually saw him practice, they didn't give him any playing time.

Everything positive about this guy has nothing to do with on-field production. TE-friendly coaches, team didn't draft a TE, athletic, etc. A new coach talking enthusiastically about a player he has only seen in minicamps......how much stock can we put in that?

There has been almost ZERO evidence of playing ability from this kid going back to his 16 career receptions at USC.

Just playing devil's advocate here, I don't have a strong opinion about Jordan either way (and not sure how anyone else can, really). I was intrigued by the measurables, think I picked him up in a league at one point. But a cynic, or non-believer has a much, much stronger argument here. One could say he parlayed a nice combine performance, and Antonio Gates' success into a 4th round pick, and three years of paychecks. One could also say that the Brown were chucking it to him in minicamp to see if could actually catch anything, to see what they had in him.

At best, he's the 4th option offensively for a team I don't expect great numbers from.

One thing that keeps sticking in the back of my mind: I don't see him being much of a red zone option.

That article summarizes my thoughts on Cameron. While I always thought the talent was there, I didn't really see it on the field. However, the real determining factor was whether the Browns thought he was good enough be the starting TE.

But the coaches that HAD him, that actually saw him practice, they didn't give him any playing time.

Everything positive about this guy has nothing to do with on-field production. TE-friendly coaches, team didn't draft a TE, athletic, etc. A new coach talking enthusiastically about a player he has only seen in minicamps......how much stock can we put in that?

There has been almost ZERO evidence of playing ability from this kid going back to his 16 career receptions at USC.

Just playing devil's advocate here, I don't have a strong opinion about Jordan either way (and not sure how anyone else can, really). I was intrigued by the measurables, think I picked him up in a league at one point. But a cynic, or non-believer has a much, much stronger argument here. One could say he parlayed a nice combine performance, and Antonio Gates' success into a 4th round pick, and three years of paychecks. One could also say that the Brown were chucking it to him in minicamp to see if could actually catch anything, to see what they had in him.

At best, he's the 4th option offensively for a team I don't expect great numbers from.

One thing that keeps sticking in the back of my mind: I don't see him being much of a red zone option.

I disagree, he shows ability to make the catch and then take it up field. Not just a possession TE but a playmaking one. He now has Norv, I think that he will be used just like Gates, and we know that turned out. Same athletic type that has great hands with great production. I just traded Fleener for him straight, I like Cameron to be bigger this year and beyond. Especially when they get a new QB next year, that can only help.

Jordan Cameron Browns 2012 "Highlights"

Blake Griffin hypes USC's Jordan Cameron

Rotoworld:

OC Norv Turner reiterated that Jordan Cameron is getting the opportunity to be "the guy" at tight end.

The Browns have shown nothing but faith in the highly athletic Cameron for months now. They let Ben Watson walk in free agency, replacing him with backup-types in Kellen Davis and Gary Barnidge. They didn't use a single draft pick on a tight end. Cameron enters camp as the unquestioned starter and featured player in one of the game's most tight end friendly schemes. He remains one of our favorite sleepers.

(Rotoworld) The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Jordan Cameron has been targeted "early and often" in training camp. Analysis: Cameron is expected to have a featured role in OC Norv Turner's tight-end friendly scheme and has been "making good progress" through the first two weeks of camp. He remains a strong candidate to lead the Browns in early-season targets with Josh Gordon suspended until Week 3. Cameron is the No. 11 tight end in Rotoworld's preseason rankings.

(Rotoworld) The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Jordan Cameron has been targeted "early and often" in training camp. Analysis: Cameron is expected to have a featured role in OC Norv Turner's tight-end friendly scheme and has been "making good progress" through the first two weeks of camp. He remains a strong candidate to lead the Browns in early-season targets with Josh Gordon suspended until Week 3. Cameron is the No. 11 tight end in Rotoworld's preseason rankings.

This article also echoes some of the sentiment that Cameron has room to improve - in this case in 1 on 1 situations competing for the ball in flight. Lots of good news re: Cameron opportunity, but want to hear more good news re: Cameron performance

Weeden has also begun to develop some nice chemistry with starting tight end Jordan Cameron.

“If you look at what San Diego did last year, they used (tight end Antonio) Gates a lot, and they’re pretty similar as far as their athletic ability and their ability to run routes,'' said Weeden. "So he’s a big target. He can create mismatches with some ‘backers. He can run. I think it’s really good. I thought we had some pretty good chemistry last year. He caught some big passes down the stretch and I’m excited about Jordan. He’s a good player.”

After watching all 26 of his catches from last year, he doesn't get many yards after contact.

What's the standard, Jimmy Graham?

It looks like a good percentage of what they were throwing Cameron last year were sideline outs, I'm guessing or hoping Turner has other routes in mind this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=958GBpELeT8

After watching all 26 of his catches from last year, he doesn't get many yards after contact.

It looks like a good percentage of what they were throwing Cameron last year were sideline outs, I'm guessing or hoping Turner has other routes in mind this year.

He just doesn't make many people miss....but maybe you are right, maybe this is the standard for the TE position.

He just doesn't make many people miss....but maybe you are right, maybe this is the standard for the TE position.

Dude, he's a tight end, not a running back.

He is big, a huge target, and in a good offense. Don't overthink it.

Talk about skyrocketing value. Jordan Cameron’s ADP and trade value have ballooned over the last few weeks. He’s gone from a player commonly ranked around the 20th to 25th tight end to a guy comfortably slated in the 10th to 15th range. The rise is mostly due to recent comments from the Browns’ coaching staff that have led fantasy owners to speculate about Cameron’s ceiling given his athletic ability, as well the Browns’ new offensive scheme under head coach Rob Chudzinski.

Specifically, Coach Chudzinski recently spoke about the Browns’ new offense stating, “This is an offense that has featured tight ends and tight ends have always been a big part of it. [Cameron] has the skill set that fits.”

The offensive scheme that both Chudzinski and new offensive coordinator Norv Turner run isvery favorable to tight ends. Historically, it highlighted the skills and facilitated premium production from players like Tony Gonzalez, Greg Olsen, Kellen Winslow and Antonio Gates.

Based on this, Cameron’s situation and fantasy prospects are trending upward. The rise in value doesn’t come without its skeptics, though. Some suggest to cash in on an “inflated” value speculating that Cameron is not likely to meet lofty expectations. I believe he’s worth every bit of the price he currently commands and may even still be a bargain given his upside.

Here’s why:

The Continued Hybrid Tight End Trend

Thanks to the likes of Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski, pass catching tight ends continue to become fixtures of NFL offenses. A wide receiver in a tight end’s body is gold. The ability to create mismatches across the middle against linebackers who are unable to keep up and safeties who can’t compete from a size perspective is invaluable – it creates another dimension for teams. Offenses continue to exploit this and, in turn, this type of player is a prime target for dynasty owners.

In particular, tight ends with a basketball background are the best candidates to fit the mold of a ‘move tight-end’ given their natural explosiveness and size/speed combination. Cameron is just that. He’s a former college basketball player who is extremely athletic. Given his background and ability, he’s a solid candidate to follow in the path of other former basketball players like Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham within this offense.

Athleticism / Measurables

Cameron has all the measurables to succeed as a pass catching tight end. With the aforementioned basketball background, he possesses the athleticism and explosivenessrequired. In particular, his numbers compare favorably to some of the more athletic tight ends in NFL history:

Jordan Cameron 6’5″ 254 4.53 37.5 9’11″ 6.82
Jimmy Graham 6’6″ 260 4.56 38.5 12’0″ 6.9
Rob Gronkowski 6’6″ 258 4.68 33.5 9’11″ 7.18
Kyle Rudolph 6’6″ 259 4.83 34.5 9’5″ 7.24
Jason Witten 6’6″ 264 4.65 31NA NA
Jermichael Finley 6’4″ 243 4.82 27.5 9’9″ 7.15
Aaron Hernandez 6’2″ 245 4.64 33 9’3″ 6.83

Note (1): The above is based on combine/pro day performances. However, the information for Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates is not readily available and not included. Note, combining combine/pro day measuables is not an apples to apples comparison. The information is interesting though.

There are a few things to highlight in the above:

• Other than Graham, Cameron is the most explosive (broad / vertical)
  • Cameron is the fastest (40 time)
  • Cameron exhibited the most agility/quickness (3 cone)
  • Cameron most closely compares to Graham, Gronkowski, and Rudolph from a size perspective
  • Cameron’s numbers compare favorably to Gronkowski’s and Rudolph’s

Cameron’s measurables are there and are a positive indicator given the above comparison.

Opportunity

Cameron also has an opportunity for significant snaps in 2013 after the Browns decided not to add a significant tight end via the NFL Draft or free agency. The speculation throughout the off-season was they would, but the only competition added was Kellen Davis and Gary Barnidge. While Barnidge played with Chudzinski in Carolina last season suggesting he may favor his skills, the lack of meaningful adds at tight end is sign of confidence in Cameron for 2013.

Tight End Friendly Offense

As mentioned earlier, the Browns’ new offense is extremely favorable to tight ends. Specifically, the offensive scheme is a vertical offense that feeds off of the tight end working the middle of the field via seam and crossing routes. These are perfect routes for a hybrid tight end to exploit.

Here is the historical tight end production under Chudzinski/Turner with this scheme: (see this link for the chart http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2013/05/19/price-check-jordan-cameron/ )

* For seasons with less than 16 games, attempts in games the player participated in were used.

It’s apparent the tight end in this offense receives roughly 20% of the team’s targets (if not more) – that’s a staggering number in the context of the entire league. In 2012, only four tight ends breached the 20% threshold (Graham, Jason Witten, Greg Olsen, and Gonzalez). The average across the league was 15% with 22% being the maximum. In addition, all the listed players above finished within the top eight tight ends for fantasy purposes in both average points per game and total points.

With Cameron set to be a starter, it’s reasonable to expect a high volume of targets and catches meaning significant potential beginning in 2013.

2013 Projection

In the interest of evaluating what the direct implications of the above may be to Cameron in 2013, let’s sketch out a rough projection. Based on the above, assuming 20% of the team’s targets and making conservative assumptions here is where we can expect:

Overal Team Pass Attempts: 550 attempts

Targets: 110 targets

Catches: 66 receptions

Yards: 726 yards

TD: 4

Fantasy Points: 163

2012 Fantasy Finish: Top 12 in PPG and total points

Note the following assumptions:

• Pass attempts are based on the average pass attempts for NFL teams in 2012. This is also consistent with the Browns’ attempts of 566 in 2012.
  • Catch % assumed is 60%. This is consistent with Cameron’s 65% in 2012
  • YPC assumed to be 11 yards which is consistent with Cameron’s 2012 performance, but lower than the YPC typically for tight ends in this offensive scheme

If his targets reach 25%, we could be looking at a top seven finish on a PPG basis with over 900 yards receiving. That leaves a range of roughly 65 to 80 receptions and 725 to 900 yards receiving.

Given the conservative assumptions in the above, it would appear that a top 12 finish is a baseline for Cameron in 2013. There is tremendous potential here.

Summary

While some suggest that there is pure hype surrounding Cameron, given the historical performance of tight ends in this scheme, as well as Cameron’s athletic ability, he is worth the price.

It’s not a stretch to suggest he’ll finish in the top ten in 2013.

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2013/05/19/price-check-jordan-cameron/

I do not agree with the above conclusion. Jordan Cameron is not Gates, Winslow or even Olsens level of ability and I am doubtful that he will be. However he should be very busy.

There is no question Norv Turner and Chud have a history that strongly features the TE in the passing game. I just do not think Cameron's execution will match what the TE were capable of in the above projection. I think Little and Gordon are more accomplished receivers as is Trent Richardson.

Based on the aforementioned league average of target % to TE (other than top 4) of 15-22% that averages out to 18.5% of the targets. At 550-610 pass attempts this would be 82-110 targets. So I think the above projection is looking at the high for Cameron. Based on the expected 550pa the author is about 30 targets too high imo.

The Browns also added Davone Bess in a draft day trade. I think he is going to be competing with Cameron and Richardson for targets in the passing offense after Gordon comes back from his suspension. The Browns did not add a TE who will significantly compete with Cameron for targets but I think Bess will.

CLEVELAND -- Brandon Weeden stepped back and delivered a strike to Davone Bess downfield in the seam during the team scrimmage portion of practice during Family Night at FirstEnergy Stadium in front of 24,131 fans. The scenario played out on several occasions during the practice and culminated with a touchdown to Bess in team drills inside the red zone from seven yards out.

Browns fans might want to get used to that this season.
The case could be made that the Browns haven't had a consistent go to third-down receiver since the days of Joe Jurevicius in 2007 when Derek Anderson had a Pro Bowl season. Rob Chudzinski was the offensive coordinator that season and the Browns are hoping that Bess can fill that role with the Browns now as Chudzinski returns as head coach.
Bess was acquired in a draft day trade from the Dolphins, and he has been the 14th-most productive receiver in the NFL since 2009. He has 321 receptions for 3,447 yards, including 12 touchdowns in his career. His best season was in 2010 when he had 79 receptions for 820 yards. Last year, Bess had 61 catches for 778 yards.
"Going back with Davone, what a great pickup for us," Chudzinski said after the Family Night practice. "I couldn't be more pleased with what he's done both on the field and off of it in terms of example and the leadership he's set.
"He's able to get open it seems like every play," he said. "I couldn't be more pleased with him."
Bess came into the NFL with little fanfare as an undrafted free agent from Hawaii,. Recently, Greg Little and Bess swapped numbers, even though Little had worn 15 for his first two NFL seasons.
"I wasn't going to press him about it," Bess said. "I respect him for coming to me to see if I wanted it. I wasn't going after him about it. He actually asked me if I wanted it and we started talking."
There was a reason Bess ended up wearing the number he had worn throughout his career with the Dolphins. Bess wore 18 in the June minicamp. The number reminds him where he came from.
"From the time I came into the NFL, (15) was the number (assigned me) when I came in as an undrafted rookie and really having to dive in and come through the hard route," he said. "It's actually deeper than just a number. It's more of a story of where I came from and where I'm at today."
Bess brings a unique perspective to the receiving corps.
"The more and more you play, the more comfortable you get with it," he said. "The more reps you get the more second nature it becomes. I was fortunate enough to play for June Jones in Hawaii so he would actually teach us from the quarterback's perspective how to find the soft spots in the zone and how to read coverages in the run. It came pretty natural as I got into the league, and now I just want to help as much as possible and spread my experience to every else."
Bess likes the mix of Browns receivers with Little, Josh Gordon, Travis Benjamin and the others. He feels they all complement each other well.
"I think we are all different," he said. "I think we all bring a different element to the game. Like I said before, on paper, I think we have everything – speed, we got size, we got guys who can make plays catching the ball. We just have to gel together. The more and more reps we have together, we can get on with Weeden and the other guys, the greater we will be. We're not where we want to be but we're heading in the right direction."
Bess thinks the Browns should be able to create mismatches.
"That's a big part of the mismatches and I think that's where we can have to our advantage if we can continue to hone together and work," he said. "We see the potential every day, but we have to go get it because nobody is going to just hand it to us."
Bess thinks he'll be able to be a big help to the Browns offense.
"I'm just trying to hone in on the offense even more," he said. "Any time you're dealing with something new, you just have to continue to beat it in your head. That way, when game time comes, it becomes second nature."
The Browns have needed a veteran receiver's presence for some time and Bess feels he can help the younger receivers.
"At the end of the day, all of our guys are pros and me personally, I'm not the type to step on toes, but I'm more of a leader by example," he said. "I like to show how I can help whether it's in the meeting room or on the football field or even in life. We all have things that we go through unfortunately, but I've always reached out to them (if need be).
"We're pretty tight and those guys are doing a pretty good job both on and off the field," he said. "We have to continue to stay together, stay healthy and keep rocking."
Bess thinks he and Weeden are getting a good chemistry down.
"Brandon is solid," Bess said. "He's doing a good job of retaining the information. Like I said, we're all in this thing together. We're grinding. We're not where we want to be. There are some ugly plays here and there by all of us but we just have to clean them up, come back and try to not make the same mistakes all over again."
Weeden said after practice he already can see how consistent Bess is.
"(Bess) is going to be someone I rely on."
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/story/Bess-emerging-as-reliable-target-for-Bro?blockID=926191&feedID=3689

So accounting for Bess possibly working the seams and outs at times I think that limits some of Cameron's target opportunity as well.

Cameron has had groin and hamstring issues that could still be a problem/limit playing time.

So with all of that in mind I am projecting Jordan Cameron for 70-110 targets 42-66 catches @ 11ypc 462-726 yards 4-6 TD in 2013. The median of this is 54 receptions 594 yards 5TD. Which is still quite good I think but maybe not as much as some folks are hoping for. I think many are projecting his upside, rather than a median expectation.

I see Cameron as being in the large tier of TE after the top 4-5. I see a lot of people wanting to draft him at the top of that tier when I think more realistically he will perform more at the middle or towards the end of that tier (TE 10-16). I think the sleeper status buzz and talk of Norv and Chud has Cameron being a bit overdrafted.

oh I agree....I would like to pick him up late to be my TE2. And you just got lesson number one; Don't think. You can only hurt the ball club.

Jordan Cameron is not Gates, Winslow or even Olsens level of ability and I am doubtful that he will be. However he should be very busy.

In terms of ability he certainly is. He may not be able to translate that into great fantasy numbers but the physical talent is there.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Cameron hasn't missed a single day of practice through 2 1/2 weeks of camp.

It's notable because Cameron was hobbled by repeated muscle strains in his first two NFL seasons and minicamps earlier this year. Now he's locked in as the starter and is healthy enough to stay after practice to get extra reps with Brandon Weeden. Cameron carries risk because he's so unproven, but there's certainly TE1 appeal in the Chud/Norval scheme. "You're going to get looks and opportunities to get mismatches out there," Cameron said. "If you're a tight end, there’s not another offense you'd rather be in."

Hype train at full steam. Just saw him go TE8 in the 9th round of a startup. Eifert went almost a full round later.

This is happening more and more I notice in the last 5 years. People are starting to reach for sleepers as they dont want to miss on the sleeper they are all reading about on the web. Sleepers really is an over used term today because by the time the drafts come around supposed sleepers have a enought written about them that every one knows to watch for them.

This guy really passed on some sure fire guys that could have at the very least added great depth to his team and gotten another TE later for his starter and it might have been Cameron.

there is nothing wrong with this. if they believe the hype, go grab your guy!!

Under-the-radar fantasy tips in AFC North

By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

Excerpt:

There are a couple of fantasy notes that I wanted to pass along to you that relates to the AFC North. ESPN's KC Joyner put together his list of the top five undervalued fantasy tight ends in.gif, and the Cleveland Browns' Jordan Cameron made the cut at No. 5.

It's an Insider article, but here's an excerpt of what Joyner had to say about Cameron:

Benjamin Watson's departure means his 75 targets are going to go elsewhere and Cameron will have dibs on a large number of the inherited passes. The Rob Chudzinski/Norv Turner playbook is the type of tome that looks to throw a lot of long passes to the tight ends, and Cameron's success in this area (17.0 YPA on six medium-depth passes) will give that duo plenty of motivation to see if Cameron can translate those numbers into a higher target volume. This makes him a great deep-league option.

Jordan Cameron is not Gates, Winslow or even Olsens level of ability and I am doubtful that he will be. However he should be very busy.

In terms of ability he certainly is. He may not be able to translate that into great fantasy numbers but the physical talent is there.

Again, you are referring to athletic ability, not football ability. His football ability has yet to be demonstrated on any level.

I guess I'm the only guy that is going to miss the boat on this guy. I just don't see the hype for him. To me he looks like a solid 2, maybe a guy that compiles good numbers one year here or there. But I don't see him being an elite 1.

I guess I'm the only guy that is going to miss the boat on this guy. I just don't see the hype for him. To me he looks like a solid 2, maybe a guy that compiles good numbers one year here or there. But I don't see him being an elite 1.

there are not many elite ones, to be honest.

Only elite right now is Graham.

After that I'd rather have witten, olsen but I'd also settle for one more year of gates.

Besides that VDavis has "potential" but far from a sure thing.

Who else is an elite 1?! Cook, Rudolph, Finely? Blah. The TE roulette begins.

I want no part of Gonzo, you've been warned ;).

3 catches for 42 yards, and 2 TDs vs the lions today. Preseason game #2, I know, but he looked physical.

3 catches for 42 yards, and 2 TDs vs the lions today. Preseason game #2, I know, but he looked physical.

The 27 yard catch showed a lot of athleticism. Not a bad line on just 3 targets.

Can someone unpack this for me? Does this have a "Lance Kendricks going off in the preseason" feel to it, or does it have a "This could be a legit hookup all-season long" feel to it?

Can someone unpack this for me? Does this have a "Lance Kendricks going off in the preseason" feel to it, or does it have a "This could be a legit hookup all-season long" feel to it?

looks legit to my eyes.

looks legit to my eyes.
Yeah, I was duped by Kendrick's that year too. But I agree with the previous poster: it looks legit. Or at least "feels" legit. From his size, his good speed, to his body control when he hit the ground on the first TD. But mainly because Weeden looks REALLY comfortable in the Norv/Chud offense. He's gotta throw it to somebody...why not Cameron and Gordon??

Even his celebration of dunking the football over the crossbar seemed....natural. Like another small sign that he's gonna be the real deal this season. Silly observation and belief by me, I know. I'll admit: I grabbed Myers as my first TE in my draft last night. But made sure I backed him up with Cameron. I hope he has a good year.

He was uncovered on the 2nd TD

I might be willing to move Cameron's target ceiling up to 130 from 110 and I would consider his TD potential a bit higher than I did not that long ago as well.

Norv Turner is almost too predictable. I am sort of kicking myself now for over-thinking this although I do still see Bess/Richardson taking some targets that one might not expect looking at past data in Turner offense with Gates.

If it is Gordon Cameron Richardson for the target order then I don't think these leaves much for Little. I have really started to like Little as well do to his reportedly improved work ethic and attitude. But if Cameron does see closer to 130 targets (or even possibly more?) I don't see much being left over for Little. Part of why I was seeing a lower ceiling for targets for Cameron was due to thinking Little is a slightly more reliable receiver at this point than Cameron.

But never mind all that. Chud/Norv like to feature the TE.

I suppose it depends on whether or not you think Weeden is going to continue looking like Tom Brady out there. Because as good as Cameron's catches looked, the throws were even better. Weeden was carving them up.

I was impressed by his first two catches last night, but the third (2nd TD) was just blown coverage. None the less, Weeden is certainly looking for number 84 and I think this only means good things from here on out. I was lucky to get Cameron in a dynasty league this offeseason by trading two 3rd round rookie picks. Looks like I may have got a steal?

Rotoworld:

All five of Jordan Cameron's preseason targets so far have come with Cameron lined up in the slot.

He's been in a two-point receiver-like stance on all five, as opposed to playing in-line. Cameron ripped off two highlight-reel catches in Thursday night's preseason game against the Lions, and now has secured four of his five exhibition game targets for 72 yards and two touchdowns. An explosive leaper with legit open-field speed, 25-year-old Cameron is primed for a fantasy breakout.

Yesterday was legit, want to see him do it again before raising expectations though. One game does not make a trend.

I suppose it depends on whether or not you think Weeden is going to continue looking like Tom Brady out there. Because as good as Cameron's catches looked, the throws were even better. Weeden was carving them up.

Let's not forget that Weeden carved up the Lions secondary. While some of the names have changed, this is still the same pathetic secondary that gave up 480 passing yards and 6 TDs to Matt Flynn in 2011. I see no evidence that they've improved.

Let's not forget that Weeden carved up the Lions secondary. While some of the names have changed, this is still the same pathetic secondary that gave up 480 passing yards and 6 TDs to Matt Flynn in 2011. I see no evidence that they've improved.

:goodposting:

It's not the defense they are playing that matters. It's the fact that he is getting targeted while he is on the field that is important. Don't expect that to change especially with this coaching staff.

That sound you heard last night was the air rushing out of his draft value. His ADP the next two weeks is going to skyrocket. Two touchdowns on a slow news night, televised.

IMO, he should be drafted as a high-upside #2 in leagues that rewards big plays. Instead, he'll go before established TE1s. I know my leaguemates, they will take this guy early.

At this point, if you are a Cameron guy, who do you feel comfortable taking in front of him?

So let me get this straight, who you do it against matters more than what you do? Pathetic, easy to see why some sharks like this guy and guppies do not.

That sound you heard last night was the air rushing out of his draft value. His ADP the next two weeks is going to skyrocket. Two touchdowns on a slow news night, televised.

IMO, he should be drafted as a high-upside #2 in leagues that rewards big plays. Instead, he'll go before established TE1s. I know my leaguemates, they will take this guy early.

At this point, if you are a Cameron guy, who do you feel comfortable taking in front of him?

He right there with Finley and Cook for me. I would gladly take my chances on him over low upside guys like Daniels.

The Browns also held the Lions rushing game in check. That's right, the same Lions who had Barry Sanders running for over 15,000 yards in his career, so bump Cleveland's Def amirite?!

He right there with Finley and Cook for me. I would gladly take my chances on him over low upside guys like Daniels.

Exactly. The way he looked last night, it was athletic. He looked more like a Jimmy Graham rather than an Owen Daniels. Not saying he is or will be a Graham this season. He just looked like a guy with explosive upside, as opposed to a move the chains, possession type TE.

It's not the defense they are playing that matters. It's the fact that he is getting targeted while he is on the field that is important. Don't expect that to change especially with this coaching staff.

Oh I beg to differ. Weeden lighting up a vanilla (preseason) Detroit defense is one thing. Doing it twice each against the the Bengals, Baltimore and Pittsburgh in midseason with each conference game meaning the difference between going to the playoffs or not; that's another story all together. The Cincy and Ravens D both look like they could be plain nasty this year and the last time i checked Dick LaBeau, who happens to know a thing or two about applying pressure on defense, was still employed by the Steelers. I'll give you that Cameron looks very athletic and made some nice catches, but theres's plenty of athletic TE's that can make nice catches in the league. The difference in Cameron being just a decent TE start and truly breaking out will rest squarely on the play of Weeden. Call me a sceptic, but I'm not yet sold that Weeden is going to look like a pro bowler against those three teams when it really matters.

11 (+1) Jimmy Graham NO/7 TE 1 10 13 15 15 19 36 (-1) Rob Gronkowski NE/10 TE 2 32 38 38 38 38 41 (-1) Jason Witten DAL/11 TE 3 29 46 44 47 50 56 (-2) Vernon Davis SF/9 TE 4 (+1) 63 56 61 48 54 52 (-1) Tony Gonzalez ATL/6 TE 5 (-1) 53 61 53 58 53 86 (-3) Kyle Rudolph MIN/5 TE 6 75 82 89 78 81 91 (-5) Greg Olsen CAR/4 TE 7 72 85 82 101 87 92 (-2) Jared Cook STL/11 TE 8 78 91 93 102 97 96 (+4) Jermichael Finley GB/4 TE 9 81 93 101 93 95 98 (+3) Antonio Gates SD/8 TE 10 106 104 91 87 89 113 (-4) Owen Daniels HOU/8 TE 11 94 107 111 124 100 117 (-1) Martellus Bennett CHI/8 TE 12 113 119 113 131 116 120 (-1) Brandon Myers NYG/9 TE 13 134 122 106 111 118 130 (-2) Brandon Pettigrew DET/9 TE 14 118 131 114 163 136 159 (+7) Tyler Eifert CIN/12 TE 15 (+4) 177 139 182 145 165 149 (-4) Jordan Cameron CLE/10 TE 16 (-1) 144 141 129 153 167 147 (+10) Fred Davis WAS/5 TE 17 (-1) 141 147 139 135 147 167 (+1) Jermaine Gresham CIN/12 TE 18 (+2) 165 149 140 205 168 166 (+14) Coby Fleener IND/8 TE 19 (+3) 170 153 181 175 171

Current ADP for TEs, MFL PPR leagues.

I expect Cameron to leap up to Owen Daniels territory for sure. Gates looks like the end of a tier to me, then I think it makes sense to think about guys like Cameron.

I have to admit, if I can't get one of the top 2 tiers, I I might feel comfortable waiting, and taking Cameron/Davis/Fleener.

He's a great second TE if you wait, that's pretty much it. If you miss on Witten, might as well wait and grab Cameron and another guy late and play the matchups. If you can swing Cameron and Pettegrew I think you're fine for the year.

He's a great second TE if you wait, that's pretty much it. If you miss on Witten, might as well wait and grab Cameron and another guy late and play the matchups. If you can swing Cameron and Pettegrew I think you're fine for the year.

My fear is that I don't think you'll be able to grab Cameron late anymore. I think he's going to be drafted as a starter now.