What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4(102) Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland (3 Viewers)

This guy keeps being my weekly MVP, but gets surprisingly little hype on these boards. Top 3 TE.
I wonder how he will do once Gordon is traded. The first 2 games defenses were focused on TRich and now Gordon is there to take some of the coverage.

I would be selling high. You can't really predict how Gordon's return will impact Cameron.
If you believe this wait until after Cameron does to Michael Huff what Julius Thomas did to him week 1.
:goodposting:

Wait to sell high at least until next week.
Sold high on Monday. Weeden announced out on Tuesday, Trent Richardson announced gone on Wednesday, Gordon back this week, Brian Hoyer throwing the ball, could have timed it perfectly.
yep, you "could have timed it perfectly" by selling sky high after today.

or just hold and enjoy the awesomeness that is Jordan Cameron.

Maybe now people will buy into him. I drafted him late and have him behind J. Graham. Nobody's been interested in trading for him so far.

Maybe now people will buy into him. I drafted him late and have him behind J. Graham. Nobody's been interested in trading for him so far.
Trade Graham and get 2-3 players back. He's worth that much.
Totally, esp. after two huge performances. I tried after weeks 1 and 2 (along with trying to trade Cam) but no takers...I think a lot of the lack of interest was nearly every TE was hot after week 1.

I would be selling high. You can't really predict how Gordon's return will impact Cameron.
If you believe this wait until after Cameron does to Michael Huff what Julius Thomas did to him week 1.

Sold high on Monday. Weeden announced out on Tuesday, Trent Richardson announced gone on Wednesday, Gordon back this week, Brian Hoyer throwing the ball, could have timed it perfectly.
Glad I bought into this idea too. Sold Cameron and two 2014 1st round picks (one a top 4 pick) - for Foster / Wayne / Daniels. Insert all three into my lineup today - Cameron out scores the three of them combined. Please come back next week Gronk!

Through 3 games:

Jimmy Graham on pace for 200 targets (!), 120 receptions, 1,900 yards, and 21 TDs.

Jordan Cameron on pace for 165 targets, 106 receptions, 1400 yards, and 21 TDs.

Those are both pretty amazing, but in addition to Graham's production, there are other reasons that Cameron's value won't approach Graham's: Drew Brees, Josh Gordon, and Brian Hoyer. Graham is and will remain the #1 option for Brees. Gordon and Cameron are probably 1a and 1b, and we saw yesterday both can have huge games. But there's way less certainty obviously that Hoyer can continue to produce; we know that Brees and Graham will produce even when they kind of stink (vs. TB).

So there's two options - trade Graham, or trade Cameron. If your team is "just one piece away" it makes sense to move Cameron for an upgrade at RB1 or WR1. If your team is much worse, it probably makes more sense to move Graham for an upgrade at BOTH RB1 and WR1. Before I ran the numbers, I wasn't sure there was much practical difference. Now it looks like Cameron is going to have a really good season, but Graham has a chance to best his own yardage record for TEs and bump up against Gronk's TD record as well. So a very good season vs. very possibly the greatest season ever for a TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I was "selling high" after his first week, with Gronk waiting in the wings. Now I'm kicking myself. You Cameron owners should be very happy! kudos.

Gonna have a tough decision when Gronk comes back
Same here. In all 4 leagues I'm in, I have Cameron. 2 of them I have Gronk and Cameron. Not sure what to do. Guess I can always roll with Gronk in the Flex spot. Might just wait for Gronk to have a big game and then trade one of them.

good problem to have. I own Cameron and Julius Thomas in a 3WR, 1 flex non PPR, non TE mandatory league. Trying to decide who to part with, as stable includes AJ Green, Cruz, Antonio Brown + Harline and a returning Blackmon. The buzz on Cameron makes him great trade bait, but I don't know if I can make myself do it. He looks that good.

Alright, I'm sending out the Jimmy Graham trades and rolling with Cam. Choo chooo
I would advise strongly against that.

If you can currently get close to the same amount for Cam as you can for Graham, I would VERY MUCH advise you to go that route.
Which you will never be able to do. Graham has done his thing for more than 3 games and has done it regardless of who was coaching and playing beside him (Brees excepted, of course).

Alright, I'm sending out the Jimmy Graham trades and rolling with Cam. Choo chooo

If you can currently get close to the same amount for Cam as you can for Graham, I would VERY MUCH advise you to go that route.
Which you will never be able to do. Graham has done his thing for more than 3 games and has done it regardless of who was coaching and playing beside him (Brees excepted, of course).
You actually might be able to get almost the same haul from Cam as from Graham at this point. Some TEs are coming back to earth or never took off. Finley's concussed, Gonzo isn't lighting things up, Daniels, Gates, Bennett, and Cook have come back to earth, and Vernon Davis and Myers are hurt. Cam now has 3 outstanding games under his belt. Panic could set in and someone may pay dearly to improve their TE spot.

This tidbit about Cam comes from Chris Harris' article today:

Per my friend and colleague Tristan Cockcroft, Cameron's 49 standard-league fantasy points is the third-most for a TE through three weeks since 2001. (Jimmy Graham's 58 this year is the most.)
http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/impressions130923/jordan-cameron-josh-gordon-brian-hoyer-go-week-3-joique-bell-shines-fill-role

We all know that won't happen.
Yep. This is also my work/$$$ league and about half the league still probably doesn't know who Jordan Cameron IS and definitely don't value him as much as I do. Since they aren't big fantasy guys, it's also hard to get a trade done. Right now, I have offers out for Dez (Graham and TY Hilton), Julio (Graham and TY) and Forte (Graham and BJGE). I doubt anyone takes it lol.

edit: Yes, I know I'm losing out in these trades but I'm 0-3 in a 4-team-playoff league.

I can thank this thread for my fantasy domination the past two weeks. Thank you Jordan Cameron! What does everyone think of Fauria on DET? Could he develop into a TE1 like Cameron? Big frame, athletic...

I traded Cameron for Gio Bernard, still have Julius. After seeing that point total last week, almost had buyer's remorse!

If you had Cameron and Julius Thomas (both are startable with a flex) would you accept david Wilson for Cameron straight up? Just trying to figure out his worth.

I know many others are Cameron and Gronk owners here. Been shopping Cameron as I think he's at his high, but he doesn't have close to the value as Gronk in others eyes, most want Gronk instead and its tough because so many Tes have had that one great week not many teams are willing to pay up. Best offer I got was Gronk for garçon ppr. Not bad but not sure whether to take it.

I think as long as Gordon is around, Cameron can be very productive. Cleveland's defense is average and chances are CLE will have to throw alot. Cameron seems to have great hands and is probably top 5 rest of the way. With all the question marks surrounding Gronk, in redraft I'd rather have Cameron...fwiw. Garcon for Gronk (assuming you have Cam and Gronk both) in ppr is a good move, considering how bad WAS D is...

This guy keeps being my weekly MVP, but gets surprisingly little hype on these boards. Top 3 TE.
I wonder how he will do once Gordon is traded. The first 2 games defenses were focused on TRich and now Gordon is there to take some of the coverage.
. Lol you assume he WILL be traded, yet I can't see any team taking a chance on someone who is one strike away from a full year suspension... they would be lucky to get a placekicker

Just read this on Twitter. I have not confirmed, but thought I would share it here . . .

"If you're starting JGordon & JCameron this week: 3 CIN DBs didn't practice for 2nd straight day. If they're out, Browns guys are real good." - https://twitter.com/daverichard

Very interesting bit of info Socrates.

The Cameron - J Thomas axis has been very interesting to me this year as I managed to pick up both of them for my team.

On one hand you've got a guy with a great offence who has to share the load, on the other you have a weaker team who target Cameron in high volumes.

Cameron has sat on my bench so far this season, but he is most definitely going in for Thomas this week. With the new QB starting well, Gordon showing himself as a viable threat and the coach having a history with TEs, this is more than enough for me to swing the balance Cameron's way for just now

can anyone find or make a GIF of cameron's "T" TD celebration (or whatever the heck he calls it).... my team logo needs animation!!! and google image search had nothing.

the guy is a freak, LB's cant hang with him.... I do think the threat of gordon is crucial to his long term success..., with no threat to run the ball it wouldnt be too much trouble to bracket cameron with a LB & Safety..... if gordon leaves because those 2 are the only thing that offense has

I really want to sell high, because I just dont think his value can go up any higher.... but then when i sell... he'll have another huge game and make me regret it...!

Glad I bought into this idea too. Sold Cameron and two 2014 1st round picks (one a top 4 pick) - for Foster / Wayne / Daniels. Insert all three into my lineup today - Cameron out scores the three of them combined. Please come back next week Gronk!
Good god, I don't think I would have gave up the two firsts for that lot.

Perhaps I'm in a "guppy" gun shy league, but I can't get a bag of chips for Cameron. He's backing up Jimmy Graham and the David Wilson owner laughed at me when I offered him Cameron/S. Smith for Wilson/Welker. He's currently starting Owen Daniels at TE.

Perhaps I'm in a "guppy" gun shy league, but I can't get a bag of chips for Cameron. He's backing up Jimmy Graham and the David Wilson owner laughed at me when I offered him Cameron/S. Smith for Wilson/Welker. He's currently starting Owen Daniels at TE.
I'm not sure it's a deal I would want either. Welker to Steve Smith is a pretty significant downgrade & Wilson could turn it around. Why not try your Cameron for Welker?

Jordan Cameron?

Never heard of him says Cincinnati LB Vontaze Burfict.

http://Injuries-will-test-depth-Bengals-secondary

CONTAINING CAMERON: One of the key matchups for Sunday will be stopping Browns tight end Jordan Cameron. The fourth-round pick in 2011 is a converted college basketball player who enters tied for the third-most receptions in the NFL with 20 and gained 269 yards with four touchdowns.

He caught three touchdowns last week against Minnesota in Brian Hoyer’s first start.

The Bengals haven’t allowed more than three receptions or 50 yards to a tight end in any of the first three weeks. Martellus Bennett of Chicago was the only tight end to score a touchdown.

Despite all of Cameron’s statistics, linebacker Vontaze Burfict didn’t sound too concerned when asked about the matchup Wednesday.

“Regular game for me,” he said. “I don’t even know who he is. Just a regular tight end.”

Jordan Cameron?

Never heard of him says Cincinnati LB Vontaze Burfict.

http://Injuries-will-test-depth-Bengals-secondary

CONTAINING CAMERON: One of the key matchups for Sunday will be stopping Browns tight end Jordan Cameron. The fourth-round pick in 2011 is a converted college basketball player who enters tied for the third-most receptions in the NFL with 20 and gained 269 yards with four touchdowns.

He caught three touchdowns last week against Minnesota in Brian Hoyer’s first start.

The Bengals haven’t allowed more than three receptions or 50 yards to a tight end in any of the first three weeks. Martellus Bennett of Chicago was the only tight end to score a touchdown.

Despite all of Cameron’s statistics, linebacker Vontaze Burfict didn’t sound too concerned when asked about the matchup Wednesday.

“Regular game for me,” he said. “I don’t even know who he is. Just a regular tight end.”
I'm pretty sure after Sunday he will know who Jordan Cameron is. He will have nightmares of this "regular tight end".

Users who are viewing this thread