What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4(102) Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland (2 Viewers)

This guy is awesome, I don't think he is the Gronk or Graham type. He reminds me of Gates in his prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very happy with Cameron. Maybe being duly rewarded for doing a bit of research and drafting him, but can't help but feel I've got a bit lucky with this one. Certainly not complaining !

Seriously...in a keeper league this guy is one of the most valuable players you can own. You likely got him for pennies on the dollar and you'll get him for pennies on the dollar again next year. With an ADP around 115, this is starting to seem very reminiscent of Jimmy Graham from his breakout season.

While he likely won't produce at this level for the rest of the year, it's still pretty hard to see how anyone's going to slow him down. He's got the talent + the situation to produce one of the best seasons for a TE ever.

Seriously...in a keeper league this guy is one of the most valuable players you can own. You likely got him for pennies on the dollar and you'll get him for pennies on the dollar again next year. With an ADP around 115, this is starting to seem very reminiscent of Jimmy Graham from his breakout season.

While he likely won't produce at this level for the rest of the year, it's still pretty hard to see how anyone's going to slow him down. He's got the talent + the situation to produce one of the best seasons for a TE ever.
Chudzinski. Gotta love the system.

Jordan Cameron is not Gates, Winslow or even Olsens level of ability and I am doubtful that he will be. However he should be very busy.
In terms of ability he certainly is. He may not be able to translate that into great fantasy numbers but the physical talent is there.
Again, you are referring to athletic ability, not football ability. His football ability has yet to be demonstrated on any level.
He has now.

Jordan Cameron?

Never heard of him says Cincinnati LB Vontaze Burfict.

http://Injuries-will-test-depth-Bengals-secondary

CONTAINING CAMERON: One of the key matchups for Sunday will be stopping Browns tight end Jordan Cameron. The fourth-round pick in 2011 is a converted college basketball player who enters tied for the third-most receptions in the NFL with 20 and gained 269 yards with four touchdowns.

He caught three touchdowns last week against Minnesota in Brian Hoyers first start.

The Bengals havent allowed more than three receptions or 50 yards to a tight end in any of the first three weeks. Martellus Bennett of Chicago was the only tight end to score a touchdown.

Despite all of Camerons statistics, linebacker Vontaze Burfict didnt sound too concerned when asked about the matchup Wednesday.

Regular game for me, he said. I dont even know who he is. Just a regular tight end.
I'm pretty sure after Sunday he will know who Jordan Cameron is. He will have nightmares of this "regular tight end".
Think he knows this regular tight end now?

I honestly do not understand how this happened. How a guy just "exists" and meanders around the league for multiple years and then becomes highly relevant. Were the browns just that terrible at realizing what they had? I can't believe this guy got this much better

this kid is a perfect example of why you hold onto guys for 3 years that you know are projects, but you know they have ability and opportunity.

came so close to dropping him before this season, and i'm a Browns homer.

I honestly do not understand how this happened. How a guy just "exists" and meanders around the league for multiple years and then becomes highly relevant. Were the browns just that terrible at realizing what they had? I can't believe this guy got this much better
they knew what they had, he was just extremely raw when they drafted him. that's why they kept him on the roster, even though he wasn't productive. time to mature + Chud's system = gold

He was pretty raw his first two years and they had decent TE's who were experienced in front of him.

they knew what they had, he was just extremely raw when they drafted him. that's why they kept him on the roster, even though he wasn't productive.time to mature + Chud's system = gold
i was trying to figure out the same thing... just off the eye test his speed and athleticism is off the charts.... every pre-draft write up I found on him said incredible athelete.... but that he was raw and needed to learn how to block/play TE.... so far so good in 2013

they knew what they had, he was just extremely raw when they drafted him. that's why they kept him on the roster, even though he wasn't productive.time to mature + Chud's system = gold
In such a copycat league, why does no one copy this guy's game. Chud that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly do not understand how this happened. How a guy just "exists" and meanders around the league for multiple years and then becomes highly relevant. Were the browns just that terrible at realizing what they had? I can't believe this guy got this much better.
As stated above, he was very raw coming ouf of college, only had 12 receptions and he hadn't played football until his final year after making the transition from basketball. Also stated, the Browns had veteran TEs in front of him. Ben Watson was solid and no joke as a starter and he was a superior blocker. Add the Browns were utilizing blocking TEs in previous schemes.

If you go to the first couple of posts made a few years ago when Cameron was drafted you will see that Bloom was really high on him. I thought it would take time but it did take more time than I imagined. I blame the previous coaching staff for missing Cameron's talent sitting right under their nose.

One final thing that I saw was that Cameron wasn't doing damage in the middle of the field and that is/was the 'traditional' role of a TE in the NFL. Jordan would eat-up DBs on the edge and if you look at how he is utilized, that is what he's doing now. Whenever the previous coaching staff would see his obvious skills on the edge they would then go to the brain-dead mindset and try to use him on exposed crossing patterns over the middle of the field and he'd get hit and git dinged and be out for awhile. I thought that was a Cameron issue but seeing how this coaching staff is using him, I now see that as a failure of Pat Shurmur's brain-dead coaching.

This coaching staff, Norv Turner and Rob Chudzinski KNEW what they had in Cameron and they had a plan and hit the ground running with him as a centerpeice of the offense from game-one. I thought he'd get beat up but they aren't EXPOSING HIM by running him over the middle where he would get lit-up. They run crossing patterns but short 'rub' or 'pick' crossing routes. They also run deeper routes, typically towards the edge of the field where the WR has cleared out a zone. But the biggest thing we see from this coaching staff is the FADE at the goal line.

I have no idea how Pat Shurmur didn't see that last year. He was Trent Richardson centric near the goal line and it was working so I won't blame him for success but if he had used TE Jordan Cameron near the goal it could have opened things up for T-Rich even more.

That entire West Coast Offense was brought down on-high from former Browns CEO Mike Holmgren who personally hand-picked Shurmur as the head coach because Shurmur was a WC guy.

So why didn't Jordan Cameron happen break-out sooner?

A combination of many things but in the end.

Inevitablly all roads lead back to Mike Holmgren.

If the team wasn't soo determined and focused to be the old 80s 49ers a capable coaching staff would have tried to utilize the talent they had in creative ways like Turner and Chud have with Jordan Cameron.

I grabbed Cameron in every league usually around the 8-10th rounds. Was hoping he was just be a realiable TE that would get me like 10-15/game. Had no idea he would be the #2 TE through the first 4 weeks. Guy has been an absolute STUD!

Jordan was the steal of the draft so far. He went in the 9th in my local league and for that value compared to Graham going in the late 1st top 2nd round its a incredible steal. especially in keeper leagues. taking a look at my leagues scoring Jordan has 83 points and sitting between Julio Jones (2nd round pick) (84.10) and Demaryius Thomas (2nd round pick) (82.50) .. lovin it

I reached for him in the 8th, and don't regret it now. Everyone in my league is pissed off they didn't grab him.

I remember on draft day waiting for a TE...everyone had one, and a friend of mine who already had Witten drafted Kyle Rudolph literally to spite me. He kept mocking me for waiting too long. I went Jordan Cameron and Julius Thomas ;-)

Ended up with Jordan Cameron in all three of my leagues, getting him in the 14th-ish round in most of them. But I've got Thomas, Gates, and Graham, so I have still have some tough decisions. Am just going to go with him over Thomas and Gates going forward, luckily can flex him in the Graham league.

First bad game this season. But he produced with both Weeden and Hoyer so I think he'll be fine. There was one play where Weeden tried his hardest to get it to cameron in the endzone but put it just out of his reach. Hopefully better days are ahead for Jordan Cameron. I still have confidence in him.

Weeden has to work on that back shoulder throw that Hoyer had working with Cameron. Weedens timing looked off to me on his Red Zone throws this week. Practicing with the 1st team should help.

No one will mistake Weeden for Manning, but Weeden has the arm to get it downfield and Cameron is still a stud talent. They just need to readjust the game plan to get Cameron the targets again. I'm riding him out with confidence.

No one will mistake Weeden for Manning, but Weeden has the arm to get it downfield and Cameron is still a stud talent. They just need to readjust the game plan to get Cameron the targets again. I'm riding him out with confidence.
i can understand where you are coming from. do yourself a favor and don't bet on Weeden.

Cameron is gold long term. i would not gamble on him this year, however.

:shrug: Cleveland is going to be down in games and slinging it. Cameron and Gordon are their two stud targets. Mediocre to bad QBs favor the TE. Cameron will get his going forward. At this point in the season, which stud TE off the waivers are you going to drop him for?

Ogbonnaya saw a ridiculous number of targets today...Weeden just wouldn't look away from him. But Cameron still tallied enough catches in garbage time to be respectable in PPR. I'm holding because there's no way Ogbonnaya steals that many targets every week. Cameron will continue to get his, just not at the rate he did in the first 4 games.

:shrug: Cleveland is going to be down in games and slinging it. Cameron and Gordon are their two stud targets. Mediocre to bad QBs favor the TE. Cameron will get his going forward. At this point in the season, which stud TE off the waivers are you going to drop him for?
in redraft i'd look at Fauria on the Lions. keeper or dynasty i'd hold on Cameron.

idk about fauria, it seems like pettigrew gets equal or more targets...calvin is going to cut into the TE numbers a ton once he gets fully healthy too

i'd be more interested in a jordan reed or someone, but all told i'd still hang onto cameron right now. just not any likely waiver-wire guys i see as worthwhile lottery tickets compared to him.

It seemed they kept Cameron in blocking a great deal more today and only split him out late. I HATE Weeden but not sure it's all on him this week.

amnesiac said:
bucsbaby said:
in redraft i'd look at Fauria on the Lions.keeper or dynasty i'd hold on Cameron.
No way am I dropping Cameron for Fauria.

Users who are viewing this thread