What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is the SSL clock 8 hours or not? (1 Viewer)

I believe it is still 8 hours.

My post about Yellow Line in the other thread was more about keeping this thing going and not screwing up the draft. If he times out again we should at least consider replacing him.

That's fine AP, I understand but if the clock is moved to 4 hours in SSL3 on a whim...and honestly I object to it in SSL2, not fair if only one league is picked on....all that said if the clock is moved from 8 to 4 then find a new owner for MOP the rest of the way. It simply isn't fair. If folks want these drafts done in 3 hours then pick a date and have everyone show up and be done in 1 night...otherise this is what you get.

We don't need a 4 hour clock, we need a replacement for Yellow line.

He'd be timed out again (for the 3rd straight time) if you guys would not have defended him. As it stands we have 2 more hours.

I don't want to change the time limit. Heck, I need the 8 hours myself ocassionally.

It should stay at 8 hours as far as I'm concerned, since that is what we signed up for.

Relax fellas - it was my understanding from reading BnB's post that the clocks were cut in half JUST for Thursday and Friday to try and catch up because the pace this year is dreadfully slow - normally we are through drafting in all of these by the time the Memorial Day Holiday weekend starts. Clock should be regular eight hours for THIS weeekend.

BUT we need to speed UP!

Rules when we signed up were for 8 hours, has that changed?If so why?
SSL 1 - 8 hours, should finish before Memorial Weekend no problem.SSL 2 - Switched to 4 hours on weekdays, 8 on weekends. The draft was stalling and there's no reason for it to last into next weekend. I've got stuff going on next weekend and don't want to have to check in. By rule and past precendent, I reserve the right to alter the clock when a draft is lagging.SSL 3 - By majority vote the clock stayed at 8. Unfortunately you guys will be drafting next weekend.SSL 4 - 8 hours. Draft started late and any change in the clock wouldn't get things done by next weekend.While I appreciate you thoughts MOP, some people sign up for these with an expectation that we'll be done in 3 weeks, 4 at the most. In the past we've had drafts go on for 6+ weeks. That starts to run into people's summer vacation plans.

Rules when we signed up were for 8 hours, has that changed?If so why?
SSL 1 - 8 hours, should finish before Memorial Weekend no problem.SSL 2 - Switched to 4 hours on weekdays, 8 on weekends. The draft was stalling and there's no reason for it to last into next weekend. I've got stuff going on next weekend and don't want to have to check in. By rule and past precendent, I reserve the right to alter the clock when a draft is lagging.SSL 3 - By majority vote the clock stayed at 8. Unfortunately you guys will be drafting next weekend.SSL 4 - 8 hours. Draft started late and any change in the clock wouldn't get things done by next weekend.While I appreciate you thoughts MOP, some people sign up for these with an expectation that we'll be done in 3 weeks, 4 at the most. In the past we've had drafts go on for 6+ weeks. That starts to run into people's summer vacation plans.
We appreciate you watching over these BNB. Let me know if you need help that holiday weekend. I should be able to pop in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread