What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BOSTON sports - How did we ever get so (1 Viewer)

Adebisi

Footballguy
My city is clearly and obviously far superior to yours when it comes to sports over the past decade or so. Seriously; just look it up.

How did Boston get so amazing at sports? Is it our incredible fans?

Please discuss, and TIA.

YWIA for the opportunity to interact with fans of such a far superior sports city.

This wont end well.... and I'm one of them.

Let me just say lets go B's before this gets locked.

it's clearly not the fans.  the m####### is only one plane of hell removed from the philadelphia sports fan. Usually such a frustrating combination of idiocy and arrogance but really really loud and obnoxious. Dated a girl from shrewsburry/southy for about 5 years. Not putting up with the boston sport masses was a nice plus from t split. It does help that youhave like 7 states to market to, as their is next to nothing in the NE sports related save NYC, so they all support the boston teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing, and I mean nothing, gives me more satisfaction in sports than a Boston loss. Especially the Patriots. Will never forget the way they were throwing against a coach like Joe Gibbs up 52 with 2 minutes left. What a smarmy #####. Rest of Boston sports guilty by association.

Personally, I think it's a reward from the Sports Gods for the steadfast loyalty of what is most likely the most knowledgeable and passionate fan base in the nation.

If only the Patriots had not move to Foxborough and changed their name you would really have something to brag about. As is, meh.....

Sad that the only reason to take pride in your home city is through sports teams. I guess if you are stuck living in that dump Boston it makes sense.. Boston is basically an uglier version of Cleveland but with good teams.

:whistle:

'Adebisi said:
My city is clearly and obviously far superior to yours when it comes to sports over the past decade or so. Seriously; just look it up.How did Boston get so amazing at sports? Is it our incredible fans?Please discuss, and TIA. YWIA for the opportunity to interact with fans of such a far superior sports city.
Don't forget Boston Rob. He dominates at Survivor.

'Adebisi said:
My city is clearly and obviously far superior to yours when it comes to sports over the past decade or so. Seriously; just look it up.How did Boston get so amazing at sports? Is it our incredible fans?Please discuss, and TIA. YWIA for the opportunity to interact with fans of such a far superior sports city.
Don't forget Boston Rob. He dominates at Survivor.
And Irish Mickey Ward. He was so awesome they made a critically acclaimed movie about his life.

'Adebisi said:
My city is clearly and obviously far superior to yours when it comes to sports over the past decade or so. Seriously; just look it up.

How did Boston get so amazing at sports? Is it our incredible fans?

Please discuss, and TIA.

YWIA for the opportunity to interact with fans of such a far superior sports city.
Of course it is the fans. That is why "your" teams are doing well, as of late.

That is why the Bulls won 6 titles in 8 years. They had the best fans then.

That is why the Lakers won 5 titles in 7 years, they had the best fans then too. To bad there fans weren't so good this year.

'Adebisi said:
How did Boston get so amazing at sports?
In a nutshell:The Patriots cheated.The Red Sox cried for years about the "Yankees way" of buying titles, then they turned around and did the exact thing they whined about.Basketball? congrats! :thumbup: who cares about basketball?The Bruins haven't won anything in 40 years. YWIA.

'Adebisi said:
How did Boston get so amazing at sports?
In a nutshell:The Patriots cheated.

The Red Sox cried for years about the "Yankees way" of buying titles, then they turned around and did the exact thing they whined about.

Basketball? congrats! :thumbup: who cares about basketball?

The Bruins haven't won anything in 40 years.

YWIA.
:goodposting: And they aren't going to win it this year either.

The Red Sox went an unspeakable 86 years between titles and the Bruins are almost at 40.

Dominating?

Pats haven't won anything in six years. The wells about dry on that one.
In the last ten years, the Patriots have three championships and four of the top 50 seasons in NFL history, set the record for most wins in a season, most consecutive home wins, most consecutive wins, had their quarterback win two NFL MVPs and multiple record breaking seasons, had the highest scoring team in NFL history, set the receiving TD record and the passing TD record in the same season in the same game in a meaningful game where the last TD for both gave them a 16-0 record, set have only missed the playoffs twice, both times on tiebreakers, have had ten straight winning seasons, with the best record in the NFL, and are coming off the best record in the league last year. I'm sorry you're not enjoying this epic run. It's one for the ages.

In the last ten years, the Patriots have three championships and four of the top 50 seasons in NFL history, set the record for most wins in a season, most consecutive home wins, most consecutive wins, had their quarterback win two NFL MVPs and multiple record breaking seasons, had the highest scoring team in NFL history, set the receiving TD record and the passing TD record in the same season in the same game in a meaningful game where the last TD for both gave them a 16-0 record, set have only missed the playoffs twice, both times on tiebreakers, have had ten straight winning seasons, with the best record in the NFL, and are coming off the best record in the league last year. I'm sorry you're not enjoying this epic run. It's one for the ages.
Still haven't won anything in six years.

Giants 17, Patriots 14Jets 28, Patriots 21But by all means continue to beat your chest and brag about seasons in which the Patriots had the best record and then choked in the playoffs. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Giants 17, Patriots 14Jets 28, Patriots 21But by all means continue to beat your chest and brag about seasons in which the Patriots had the best record and then choked in the playoffs. :thumbup: :thumbup:
All of the "accomplishments" that BFred is chirping about is akin to chirping about banging a prostitute. No matter how much one tries to convince people that it's an accomplishment........ the reality is is that's not the same as accomplishing the real thing.

Nice post, timschochet.

Absolutely correct.What did they do before this run?Other then the Celtics, every other team in the Boston area has been nothing short of a complete disaster for 95% of their existence.

Nice post, timschochet.
It doesn't look plagiarized?

Absolutely correct.

What did they do before this run?

Other then the Celtics, every other team in the Boston area has been nothing short of a complete disaster for 95% of their existence.
The thread is about this decade.

Absolutely correct.What did they do before this run?Other then the Celtics, every other team in the Boston area has been nothing short of a complete disaster for 95% of their existence.
True. The Red Sox wee great until 1918. Doesn't mean much to me. Sports in Boston were frustratingly bad since 86. It made 2001 so much better. And everything since has been incredible. It doesn't bother me that Boston sports used to suck, because they're so good right now. I didn't appreciate Jordan enough in his prime and I regret it. I'm glad I got to root for the next true dynasty, and it's so much better to do it as a fan.

If the Bruins win the Cup, then the Boston region will have won all 4 major sports championships in a span of 7 years. Serious question because I'm too lazy to look it up, what's shortest amount of time that 1 city/region won all 4 championships?

Also, to answer the original question in this thread, I would say the common denominator for the Pats, Celts and Sox has been an active Ownership that is willing to spend money on players, coaches, facilities, etc. The Bruins ownership is always ripped for being cheap so I can't speak for them, plus I'm not really into hockey unless it's high school girls field hockey (Hi Homer) Since The Big 3 came together in 2008 I'm pretty sure the Celts have been paying the luxury tax every year, the Pats pretty much financed their new stadium with their own money and the Sox spend ridiculously more money on players than anyone besides the Yanks. Like any successful company, it all starts at the top.

The Red Sox wee great until 1918. Doesn't mean much to me. Sports in Boston were frustratingly bad since 86. It made 2001 so much better. And everything since has been incredible. It doesn't bother me that Boston sports used to suck, because they're so good right now. I didn't appreciate Jordan enough in his prime and I regret it. I'm glad I got to root for the next true dynasty, and it's so much better to do it as a fan.
I am pretty sure that the Yankees were the next true dynasty after Jordan's Bulls, but I am not surprised that a Boston fan would ignore that. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Red Sox wee great until 1918. Doesn't mean much to me. Sports in Boston were frustratingly bad since 86. It made 2001 so much better. And everything since has been incredible. It doesn't bother me that Boston sports used to suck, because they're so good right now. I didn't appreciate Jordan enough in his prime and I regret it. I'm glad I got to root for the next true dynasty, and it's so much better to do it as a fan.
I am pretty sure that the Yankees were the next true dynasty after Jordan's Bulls, but I am not surprised that a Boston fan would ignore that. :lol:
Lakers too

Absolutely correct.

What did they do before this run?

Other then the Celtics, every other team in the Boston area has been nothing short of a complete disaster for 95% of their existence.
The thread is about this decade.
This decade is 5 months old. In these 5 months, the Celtics look old, slow and done. The Pats yet again failed to win a playoff game in which they were the favorite. The Red Sox had a dreadful start to the season and still have no pitching. And while the Bruins are in the finals, its hardly been a convincing run.

I don't know, I think Foxborough as a pretty good team there in the Pats. But what does this have to do with Boston? :confused:
WAT??
Does Minnesota still have claim to the Lakers after they packed their bags and changed their name? Come on, they left 40 years ago, give it up.
Well, I guess New York can't claim the Giants or Jets, not even in the same state... How bout the Dallas Cowboys, strike them, stadium is in Arlington. I guess the original poster could say MASSACHUSETTS sports but it is all the same meaning. Boston is Massachusetts. Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Titletown USA.

Users who are viewing this thread