Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Adebisi

BOSTON sports - How did we ever get so

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

There's a reason for that.

It's because we can't get good avocados.  We can only get hass avocados which aren't nearly as good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dickey moe said:

There's a reason for that.

I'll occasionally stop in Lowell, looking for Dominican/Cambodian fusion restaurants, but they just shoot at me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2018 at 0:24 PM, wikkidpissah said:

I'll occasionally stop in Lowell, looking for Dominican/Cambodian fusion restaurants, but they just shoot at me

They don't call it the all American city for nothing

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2018 at 10:09 AM, JohnnyU said:

....but it's still miserable there in the winter and they still let people drive on the shoulder between 4-6.  What happens if your car breaks down?  Also, you can't get good Mexican food there either.

The point on Mexican food is fair but it's more than made up by The best Chinese food and Roast Beef sandwiches in the nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Ref said:

The point on Mexican food is fair but it's more than made up by The best Chinese food and Roast Beef sandwiches in the nation.

Legal seafood is pretty good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Super Bowl for the Pats...

 

Cs with best record in conference, more than half the season spent...

 

Bs with second most points in the East...

 

This could be the year to go 4/4  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 5:58 PM, JohnnyU said:

Legal seafood is pretty good.

Home of the fryolator! 

 

What's the deal with the roast beef though? I saw some pizza joint named "House of Pizza and Roast Beef"... Doesn't seem like the best combo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilked said:

Another Super Bowl for the Pats...

 

Cs with best record in conference, more than half the season spent...

 

Bs with second most points in the East...

 

This could be the year to go 4/4  

 

:lmao: at the Celtics having any chance. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Home of the fryolator! 

 

What's the deal with the roast beef though? I saw some pizza joint named "House of Pizza and Roast Beef"... Doesn't seem like the best combo. 

My assumption is they cook and serve them separately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Capella said:
1 hour ago, wilked said:

Another Super Bowl for the Pats...

 

Cs with best record in conference, more than half the season spent...

 

Bs with second most points in the East...

 

This could be the year to go 4/4  

 

:lmao: at the Celtics having any chance. 

Bruins have no chance either. 

Boston sports fans gonna Boston sports fan.  We were about five minutes away from the Pats being officially over, what a shame. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrJimmy said:

I hope everyone had a happy Willie O’Ree Day!

Man haven't seen you around in ages. Welcome back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

What's the deal with the roast beef though? I saw some pizza joint named "House of Pizza and Roast Beef"... Doesn't seem like the best combo. 

That is someone shonuff trying to capitalize. Boston is proud of its roast beef joints like Kelly's & i know that every time i bite into a rb sub i still compare it to the one i grew up on (Mino's, north shore). And every town in the Commonwealth has a House of Pizza. Far as i can tell, they are not a chain but each one was opened by a Greek in the 50s and use relatively the same recipes. Even tho the HoP signs arent all the same, somehow you can tell by the sign if its a Greek original or an imitator. So, what you had there, WB, was a two-time two-timer on MetroBoston's finest local quizeen. Wouldnt awdah a bag o chips from theyah, boyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the anti-Boston fans are more obnoxious than the Boston fans themselves. 

The Bruins have at least a shot to win it all the way they've been playing. 

The Celtics have a shot. 

The Pats are likely to win it all. 

That said, the Red Sox have no shot.  

Forget 4/4.  

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, wilked said:

Another Super Bowl for the Pats...

 

Cs with best record in conference, more than half the season spent...

 

Bs with second most points in the East...

 

This could be the year to go 4/4  

 

 

On 1/21/2018 at 9:29 PM, Capella said:

:lmao: at the Celtics having any chance. 

 

On 1/21/2018 at 9:37 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

Bruins have no chance either. 

Boston sports fans gonna Boston sports fan.  We were about five minutes away from the Pats being officially over, what a shame. 

took some effort to find this thread, Pats were enjoyable. In all seriousness, i hope Pats can make it to the SB again next year. Will be fun seeing him run away from Wentz like he did with Foles after the Pats lost

ETA: was getting a little concerned in that Boston hasn't had a racist incident in some months. Glad Christian Fauria could chip in to keep that streak going for them

Edited by modogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Premier said:

Maybe being the most racist city in the world is some kind of magical potion to win titles?

Winnah, PLEASE!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 9:37 PM, Doctor Detroit said:

Bruins have no chance either.

Trenchant analysis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 7:55 AM, rockaction said:

I think the anti-Boston fans are more obnoxious than the Boston fans themselves. 

The Bruins have at least a shot to win it all the way they've been playing. 

The Celtics have a shot. 

The Pats are likely to win it all. 

That said, the Red Sox have no shot.  

Forget 4/4.  

 

Fingers crossed that Boston becomes the first city in history to make it to the championship in all 4 majors in one year, and lose them all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Fingers crossed that Boston becomes the first city in history to make it to the championship in all 4 majors in one year, and lose them all.

Heh. I definitely didn't mind seeing the Pats lose, as I'm a Jets fan, which is actually...

worse. :bag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rockaction said:

 I'm a Jets fan, which is actually...worse. :bag:

at this point, you're no longer a fan. you a victim...

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, wilked said:

Another Super Bowl for the Pats...

 

Cs with best record in conference, more than half the season spent...

 

Bs with second most points in the East...

 

This could be the year to go 4/4  

 

0/4

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

0/4

I count 0/3...

 

sox with best best record in MLB...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, wikkidpissah said:

at this point, you're no longer a fan. you a victim...

I missed this the first time around. 

Heh. So true.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

I missed this the first time around. 

Heh. So true.  

you will know you are free when you no longer miss Mark Sanchez

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, wilked said:

Another Super Bowl for the Pats...

Cs with best record in conference, more than half the season spent...

Bs with second most points in the East...

 

This could be the year to go 4/4  

The post did not age well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 8:58 PM, Walking Boot said:

Home of the fryolator! 

 

What's the deal with the roast beef though? I saw some pizza joint named "House of Pizza and Roast Beef"... Doesn't seem like the best combo. 

Roast beef sandwiches are awesome. Kelly's is one of the best. Good write up here. 

https://www.eater.com/2015/9/4/9239371/kellys-roast-beef-sandwich-massachusetts

Think of it like a cheese steak but medium rare and more tender, and served on a soft Kaiser type of roll instead of a sub/hoagie roll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Ref said:

So how we doing guys?

Swimming in celebration. 

Another title for our Sawx? I'll take it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chuckled at the Red Sox social media people today. They went back and posted responses to comments people had made on Twitter after the Sox bullpen imploded and they blew the first game of the season.

Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t be on page 2 already.  I mean there is nothing left to be said about title town that hasn’t been said already, but we should give it at least a week to rehash how Awsome we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Dyer‏ @Mike_Dyer13

A 4-month-old baby in Boston has seen more championships than a 45-year-old Mets-Jets-Knicks fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK boys - 2 championships down, 2 to go

Bruins are currently 90% to make the playoffs - nearly a lock.  They have some real tough competition in the way of raising the cup tho, TB looks awfully good.  That said, if Tuukka stays hot you never know.  We'll know more after trade deadline, cuz they need another piece or two.  Let's call it a 10% chance of winning it all

 

Celts are heating up as well.  Playoffs are locked up, and whether it is 2, 3, or 4 seed I don't think it matters all that much.  Trust in Brad, he will get the team ready and gelled.  I'm willing to give them 20% chance of hoisting the trophy, which might be a tad conservative.

 

 

Put it together and it's a long shot - only 2% chance of sweeping the 4 majors.  But then again it's ∞ more than the rest of the cities...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wilked said:

OK boys - 2 championships down, 2 to go

Bruins are currently 90% to make the playoffs - nearly a lock.  They have some real tough competition in the way of raising the cup tho, TB looks awfully good.  That said, if Tuukka stays hot you never know.  We'll know more after trade deadline, cuz they need another piece or two.  Let's call it a 10% chance of winning it all

 

Celts are heating up as well.  Playoffs are locked up, and whether it is 2, 3, or 4 seed I don't think it matters all that much.  Trust in Brad, he will get the team ready and gelled.  I'm willing to give them 20% chance of hoisting the trophy, which might be a tad conservative.

 

 

Put it together and it's a long shot - only 2% chance of sweeping the 4 majors.  But then again it's ∞ more than the rest of the cities...

 

You might root for good sports teams but you aren’t very good with odds. 

The Celts currently have a 9% chance of winning it all and the Bruins have a 4.75. 

With the Warriors locking in I would imagine the Celtics odds are probably way less than 5%, but Vegas needs to even the money out somehow. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Capella said:

You might root for good sports teams but you aren’t very good with odds. 

The Celts currently have a 9% chance of winning it all and the Bruins have a 4.75. 

With the Warriors locking in I would imagine the Celtics odds are probably way less than 5%, but Vegas needs to even the money out somehow. 

I think he was making his own odds predictions not quoting Vegas numbers.

I agree with you though that he is bad at odds since basically concludes that if the bruins make the playoffs they win the cup since he gives them a 90% chance to make the playoffs and a 10% chance at winning it all.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

I agree with you though that he is bad at odds since basically concludes that if the bruins make the playoffs they win the cup since he gives them a 90% chance to make the playoffs and a 10% chance at winning it all.

might want to check your match broski 😉

 

Capella, your odds are way off...  Cs are way undervalued (and Bucks way overvalued).  That's free $$ for you GB

 

Bs are more of a longshot - no doubt.  My odds heavier than the market, no doubt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wilked said:

might want to check your match broski 😉

I have no idea what the hell i was thinking. Even as i was typing this reply i actually had typed you gave them the same odds of winning it all as you did to make the playoffs, :lmao:

i am happy i read your comments again before replying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way - let's face it.  The Bs are the main obstacle to Boston going 4/4 - there's no way to sugarcoat it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wilked said:

Either way - let's face it.  The Bs are the main obstacle to Boston going 4/4 - there's no way to sugarcoat it.  

Personally the Celtics seem like longer shots to me. Goalie could get hot; Celts have no chance in hell against the Warriors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your city might be better at sports, but mine has better climate, hotter women, nicer roads, more fun things to do, amazing beaches, incredible sunsets, world class fishing, the best theme parks, and it never snows here. In fact, while you were dealing with the polar vortex last week, I was grilling out in 70 degree weather. There's a reason people from alll over the world vacation here.

Enjoy your "superior" city. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wingnut said:

amazing beaches, incredible sunsets, world class fishing, the best theme parks

Which city is this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.