What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BOSTON sports - How did we ever get so (3 Viewers)

I’m assuming he’s talking about Tampa as they are the only “world class” city in Florida with amazing sunsets. East coast has some dope sunrises tho. 
Tampa/Orlando. The theme parks in Orlando are cool if you are into that stuff. Rest of the city sucks.

Tampa is pretty great though. The more I travel the more I appreciate how nice it is. 

Tampa/Orlando. The theme parks in Orlando are cool if you are into that stuff. Rest of the city sucks.

Tampa is pretty great though. The more I travel the more I appreciate how nice it is. 
Yep my folks live in Bradenton near the water, so I’ve been spending a lot more time there. Tampa is actually a damn nice city with lots of communities with different vibes. Also surprisingly affordable for a fairly modern coastal city. 

Pretty good chance the GF and I will move that way at some point. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep my folks live in Bradenton near the water, so I’ve been spending a lot more time there. Tampa is actually a damn nice city with lots of communities with different vibes. Also surprisingly affordable for a fairly modern coastal city. 

Pretty good chance the GF and I will move that way at some point. 
Yes. Sarasota, Bradenton, St. Pete, Dunedin, Clearwater etc all have their own vibe and things to do. Even Palm Harbor has one of the best beaches in the country. Lots to see and do. 

Yep. I included theme parks because aside from Busch Gardens in Tampa, the Orlando ones are only a little more than an hour drive from Tampa as they're closer to Kissimmee so you don't have to go into the teeth of the city. Disney, Epcot, Universal, Sea World, and Islands of Adventure (which is the #1 theme park in the world according to Trip Advisor) are a pretty good mix, and that's not including the water parks.

Orlando is lucky they have those, because the city itself really does suck.

Yep. I included theme parks because aside from Busch Gardens in Tampa, the Orlando ones are only a little more than an hour drive from Tampa as they're closer to Kissimmee so you don't have to go into the teeth of the city. Disney, Epcot, Universal, Sea World, and Islands of Adventure (which is the #1 theme park in the world according to Trip Advisor) are a pretty good mix, and that's not including the water parks.
Well, your secret is safe with me GB.  If I were you though I'd keep a tighter lid on this Utopia you call Tampa before the masses come descending...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t99_nC_tYVM

I don’t know about that. Both have strengths. 

Cold Water Lobstah > Rock Lobster

😁
Sure, but I can get live cold water lobstahs at Publix and seafood shops, so...

😄

Also, lobster season in the keys is pretty sweet...can people in Boston go snorkling to catch their own inferior lobsters?

:boxing:

I do understand the repeated need to combine the benefits of ALL cities in the great state of Florida in an effort to project superiority over Boston. It does make it a bit more of a fair fight. ;)  

might want to check your match broski 😉

Capella, your odds are way off...  Cs are way undervalued (and Bucks way overvalued).  That's free $$ for you GB

Bs are more of a longshot - no doubt.  My odds heavier than the market, no doubt
Do you guys watch any of these teams anymore, or just listen to the sports media? C's played 2 playoff teams in last month, month and a half, and went 1-1 over that time. This week it was easy money fading them against the Lakers and Clippers, both bottom-feeding teams. Celtics actually have to play some teams after the all star break.

they are at the very best, 4th in the East, and that is only because of an Oladipo injury. Your front office has mismanaged it's lucky assets and you will be stuck this summer with a bunch of guys who would be 3rd or 4th on most teams. Kyrie is gone, and who the heck wants the assets Boston pretends to have to get AD. They will be down to the Kings and their own pick this year, despite all of the uninformed who still keep saying they will have 4 1st round picks. 

I don't think the question should be "how did you get so good"? question should be "how do you waste such potential and demonstrate such mismanagement after being gifted assets from poor GMs across the NBA?"

modogg said:
Do you guys watch any of these teams anymore, or just listen to the sports media? C's played 2 playoff teams in last month, month and a half, and went 1-1 over that time. This week it was easy money fading them against the Lakers and Clippers, both bottom-feeding teams. Celtics actually have to play some teams after the all star break.

they are at the very best, 4th in the East, and that is only because of an Oladipo injury. Your front office has mismanaged it's lucky assets and you will be stuck this summer with a bunch of guys who would be 3rd or 4th on most teams. Kyrie is gone, and who the heck wants the assets Boston pretends to have to get AD. They will be down to the Kings and their own pick this year, despite all of the uninformed who still keep saying they will have 4 1st round picks. 

I don't think the question should be "how did you get so good"? question should be "how do you waste such potential and demonstrate such mismanagement after being gifted assets from poor GMs across the NBA?"
https://slideplayer.com/slide/4526019/15/images/25/How+does+it+taste+It+tastes+salty..jpg

Timely bump here....

So the gold standard of cheating franchises is run by an owner who likes to frequent Asian massage parlors that are involved in sex trafficking?   Neat sports team.

😁
I actually think this applies to lots of seafood.  As much as I love grouper, snapper, and other fish caught in warmer waters...they lack the taste from north eastern seabass, flounder, bluefish, etc.

😁
Sure, but I can get live cold water lobstahs at Publix and seafood shops, so...

😄

Also, lobster season in the keys is pretty sweet...can people in Boston go snorkling to catch their own inferior lobsters?
Having grown up near Boston in a town on the shore, there is nothing better than fresh lobster caught from the water just "over there."

I can get live Maine lobster down here in DC, but I'd rather get it from home. We can get rock lobster too, but it us usually just frozen tails. Does that say something about the product when it is only worth freezing? Maybe!

BTW this is the only good Rock Lobster!

Having grown up near Boston in a town on the shore, there is nothing better than fresh lobster caught from the water just "over there."

I can get live Maine lobster down here in DC, but I'd rather get it from home. We can get rock lobster too, but it us usually just frozen tails. Does that say something about the product when it is only worth freezing? Maybe!

BTW this is the only good Rock Lobster!
No doubt Florida Lobsters are pretty meh. I actually enjoy Key West Pink shrimp much more than Lobster, and they're usually around $8/lb locally. Can't beat it.

I'm not the one who got caught paying for sex with human trafficking victims.  :shrug:

Nice organization you got there, Boston. 
Oh, please. 

Tell me your team’s town and there are probably instances of wrong behavior we could find. 

What is the purpose of going this route???

Oh, please. 

Tell me your team’s town and there are probably instances of wrong behavior we could find. 

What is the purpose of going this route???
You don't think the owner of the most successful cheating franchise in sports paying for sex with girls who are victims of sex trafficking is newsworthy?  Dang, man.  Guess I'll tell all the news outlets. 

I actually think this applies to lots of seafood.  As much as I love grouper, snapper, and other fish caught in warmer waters...they lack the taste from north eastern seabass, flounder, bluefish, etc.
Cold water lobster are amazing but grouper and snapper are so good. 

Boston Slam still alive!!

8 series wins in a row now 

Boston teams in each playoff round since October 
ALDS - WIN 
ALCS - WIN 
World Series - WIN 
AFC Div Rd - WIN 
AFC Champ game - WIN 
Super Bowl - WIN 
NBA EC 1st Rd - WIN 
NHL EC 1st Rd - WIN

Yeah, we know.  Boston fan tells us all the time. 
Mmm...I'm a fan of two of them, partial fan of one, hater of Patriots. I'm from CT. I can see where those in the Boston area are obnoxious to those looking in, as I have to deal with Patriots fans among family and friends. 

Mmm...I'm a fan of two of them, partial fan of one, hater of Patriots. I'm from CT. I can see where those in the Boston area are obnoxious to those looking in, as I have to deal with Patriots fans among family and friends. 
I'm a Cowboys fan.  I didn't realize how obnoxious we were until I moved away.  Still a fan, but much more muted now.  

Also, Dallas sucking for 20 years hasn't helped.

I'll say this, though - Boston fans are way more knowledgeable about their sports than other fanbases.  I'm talking all about you, Seattle.  Guarantee you if you ask 100 Seahawks 'fans' who the coach was before Pete Carroll, 87 of them would get the answer wrong.  But Boston fan knows their chit inside and out.

Big Issues in Titletown...Bs in 3rd period in close out game. 

Celts in 4th with back against the wall

whats a bostonian to do?? 

Can someone tell me how game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals went last night?

:coffee:
Tons of class in this thread, too, I see. 

I don't even like the Patriots. How'd 2018 go in general with two titles and a Finals and playoffs? 

Users who are viewing this thread