What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BOSTON sports - How did we ever get so (2 Viewers)

I think the catch is there's a really bad 30-40% of fans who jump from hot team to hot team.... then run their mouths incessantly about it. Most die hard yankee fans I've met are actually pretty good to BS about baseball with (Yankeefan, michael brown, shady, RN etc) but then there's "LOOKIT DEM RINGS BISH" guido guy who is also a Cowboys fan and Lakers..er..Heat fan that's impossible.

Boston teams have gotten a bad rap for a lot of these fans too. Not saying we don't have our ####ty fans.... but about I'd wager most of the truly obnoxious ones are already fans of other teams. Then of course there are those of us who enjoy shticking it up...

Yesterday Mike and Mike did the Mount Rushmore of Sports by city - Tom Brady, Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Bobby Orr could not be topped.

Yesterday Mike and Mike did the Mount Rushmore of Sports by city - Tom Brady, Ted Williams, Bill Russell and Bobby Orr could not be topped.
Was listening to that, loved how it was an idea from a listener (MA guy - suggested Bird) that they ran with, for both the idea and results.

They had MJ, Sweetness, Ernie Banks, and Bobby Hull for Chicago as a close second.

It was interesting that of the 4, Tom Brady was the one making them at all beatable.

Was listening to that, loved how it was an idea from a listener (MA guy - suggested Bird) that they ran with, for both the idea and results.

They had MJ, Sweetness, Ernie Banks, and Bobby Hull for Chicago as a close second.

It was interesting that of the 4, Tom Brady was the one making them at all beatable.
They put Brady below every other football player suggested. Ridiculous.

Just another championship for BOSTON. You guys figure why we're so amazing yet? We've won a couple more championships since last I checked in, so I figured I'd come around and see how things are going.

RaiderNation> How's the Raiders rebuild coming? You guys get it off the ground yet? Are double-digit wins and maybe competing for the division even on the radar yet? Is that even remotely a possibility anytime soon? I ask because we do those things basically every season in New England, so it's not even a big deal to us. You'd probably be excited about that sort of thing though. Boy, it must really burn you to see us continue to win. I feel like we beat you in the playoffs awhile back, but I don't really remember the details... it was probably just another playoff win for us. Oh well; no matter. Are things looking good for 2015? No? Well, um... things will get better. Some day. :lmao: (they probably won't)

Aaron> How 'bout them Sabres? They making you proud? At least you'll always have May Day though, am I right? Adorable. Bless your heart. That's just as good as a Stanley Cup, isn't it? No? It's not? Well, at least you can wear your hat backwards and think back on the time that the Bills went to the Super Bowl 4 times in row. How'd that go again? That was pretty cool, right? :lmao:

Please, please, PLEASE continue to hate us and make excuses for our unprecedented success. Being the bad guy is fun. TIA, losers.

Kiss my lucky charms and see you at the Duck Boat parade.

Just another championship for BOSTON. You guys figure why we're so amazing yet? We've won a couple more championships since last I checked in, so I figured I'd come around and see how things are going.

RaiderNation> How's the Raiders rebuild coming? You guys get it off the ground yet? Are double-digit wins and maybe competing for the division even on the radar yet? Is that even remotely a possibility anytime soon? I ask because we do those things basically every season in New England, so it's not even a big deal to us. You'd probably be excited about that sort of thing though. Boy, it must really burn you to see us continue to win. I feel like we beat you in the playoffs awhile back, but I don't really remember the details... it was probably just another playoff win for us. Oh well; no matter. Are things looking good for 2015? No? Well, um... things will get better. Some day. :lmao: (they probably won't)

Aaron> How 'bout them Sabres? They making you proud? At least you'll always have May Day though, am I right? Adorable. Bless your heart. That's just as good as a Stanley Cup, isn't it? No? It's not? Well, at least you can wear your hat backwards and think back on the time that the Bills went to the Super Bowl 4 times in row. How'd that go again? That was pretty cool, right? :lmao:

Please, please, PLEASE continue to hate us and make excuses for our unprecedented success. Being the bad guy is fun. TIA, losers.

AdebisiFootballguy

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 7,197 posts
  • Joined 17-January 09

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

AdebisiFootballguy

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 7,197 posts
  • Joined 17-January 09
Im gonna go out on a limb here and guess he`s a native of MA

AdebisiFootballguy

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 7,197 posts
  • Joined 17-January 09
Didn't like it enough to stay, I guess

AdebisiFootballguy

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 7,197 posts
  • Joined 17-January 09
Didn't like it enough to stay, I guess
great teams ...lousy long winters and short summers

Serious question for the serious sport fan - could this be the year that Boston finally goes 4 for 4?  

Obviously we've got the first one in our pocket with the Pats.  

Next up is the NBA.  With the Celts leading the East they've got a strong shot at reaching the Finals.  It won't be an easy road, and they are far from a favorite to win it all, but it sets up really nicely for them, especially if the Cavs can't pull it together.  We'll give them a 20% shot at winning it all.

The weakest of the 4 will be the Bs.  They are looking pretty good for playoffs, but once they get in it will be all uphill.  I think it will take Rask standing on his head to do it.  Maybe only a 5% shot at best.

Should we lock up these three, things are in good shape.  Futures odds have the Sox as the second best shot to win the World Series (behind cubs), at 6:1.  I'll take those odds at face value and call it 14%.

Now, to add it all up.  1x0.2x0.05x0.14 = 0.14%, or 1 in 700 chance.  Going to be tough to sweep them all.

More realistically, though, looks like the odds of at least one more championship is around 1 in 3, and the odds of bringing home 2 more are about 4%.  Either way we're in for a helluva ride

The Bruins are +3000 which is 3.25%. I'll let you add those two up and see what the odds Boston even goes 3-3 before you get to the Sox. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Always wanted to see a ballgame at Fenway and may get up to Boston this summer.  Is it reasonable to think that I can get 2 decent seats from somebody selling them outside the park?  Not looking to go to any particularly "popular" game.  

Binky The Doormat said:
Always wanted to see a ballgame at Fenway and may get up to Boston this summer.  Is it reasonable to think that I can get 2 decent seats from somebody selling them outside the park?  Not looking to go to any particularly "popular" game.  
Yeah but your better bet is to wait out Stubhub to the last minute and get instant download.

Went to Fenway tonight. Really good atmosphere. Bundy hit Mookie Betts with a pitch, tell you what, the way the fans are so on top of the action I wouldn't want to be an opposing pitcher in that situation.

Manny Machado, booed mercilessly, cranked one way over the Monster. They booed him worse rounding the bases.  :lmao:

Serious question for the serious sport fan - could this be the year that Boston finally goes 4 for 4?  

Obviously we've got the first one in our pocket with the Pats.  

Next up is the NBA.  With the Celts leading the East they've got a strong shot at reaching the Finals.  It won't be an easy road, and they are far from a favorite to win it all, but it sets up really nicely for them, especially if the Cavs can't pull it together.  We'll give them a 20% shot at winning it all.

The weakest of the 4 will be the Bs.  They are looking pretty good for playoffs, but once they get in it will be all uphill.  I think it will take Rask standing on his head to do it.  Maybe only a 5% shot at best.

Should we lock up these three, things are in good shape.  Futures odds have the Sox as the second best shot to win the World Series (behind cubs), at 6:1.  I'll take those odds at face value and call it 14%.

Now, to add it all up.  1x0.2x0.05x0.14 = 0.14%, or 1 in 700 chance.  Going to be tough to sweep them all.

More realistically, though, looks like the odds of at least one more championship is around 1 in 3, and the odds of bringing home 2 more are about 4%.  Either way we're in for a helluva ride
Well, it's just as I predicted, the odds of sweeping all 4 was never going to be easy.  Looking like only adding one or two is most likely outcome.  Cs will still need to get past Lebron but I think that series goes 7 either way.  

Sox will need to step it up, but the most important of the three (offense, defense, pitching) is in place.  The D and O will come around

Obviously a terrible incident and I hate that the extent of the punishment is kicking them out of the park. 

but...how out of touch are these millionaire athletes?

"they need to fine them 10 grand, 20 grand, 30 grand. Something that really hurts somebody. Make them pay in full. And if they don’t, take it out of their check."  :lmao:  

Users who are viewing this thread